Rossi-Blog Comment Discussion

• RobertBryant

Its an indication to the visitors and new members to the forum that one member Kirk Shanahan chooses to operate another account which is called Maryyugo.

Complete, ignorant, idiotic nonsense. In the vernacular of the old West, man, you are plumb loco! Oh, by the way, prove it. Not that it would matter but I have never even exchanged emails with the guy. Misconscrew was not a typo. It's what RobertBryant does regularly along with several others. Also, Shanahan has forgotten more about physics and engineering than I ever learned. Or several other people here did.

JedRothwell

I only have a moment right now so I will use it to correct an error I made. Jed Rothwell is right that he never directly "heaped scorn" on people. That was my projection and it's wrong. Sorry. However, what Jed does is almost as unpleasant. It's just more subtle. I'd spend more time going back through the stuff he and, for example, Joshua Cude exchanged and with me on Vortex before I was banned for "sneering" at Rossi-ites. But Jed is right that he did not direct insult people. Finally, Jed, you do NOT want to involve yourself in or specifically invite lawsuits. Even though your position may be perfectly correct and you may win in entirety, a lawsuit can cost you a great deal of wasted effort, energy, time and especially money to defend. And you never know what a jury or for that matter a judge will decide. Like people in general, some are quirky, ignorant, biased and even crazy. Advice: stay the hell out of the legal system unless you absolutely can not avoid it. And then try to get a large company to cover the costs.

• 1L per second, through what cross-section?

~115W/cm2 is the critical heat flux of still water, ie when convective currents (from bubbling) maximise heat transfer (Bubbles also act as an insulator when forming).

Cross- section? I don't know. 1L/s from a hose, and spreading out over a fairly large volume comparatively. Maybe sombebody worked this out before.

Bubbles, yes on a flat surface, but probably not so good when stuck between fins. Fins pointing up, probably not too troublesome if far enough apart. Fins pointing down problematic almost certainly.

I hope the thing had an over-pressure release valve somewhere.

1L/s is no big deal for a garden hose. Double that is pushing it, unless it was a nice 3/4 inch ID one.

I forget, but it seems to me that the hose was flowing water through a proper heat exchanger that was heated with steam somehow from the reactor device.

I sure as heck won't try to replicate that device anyways.

• Its an indication to the visitors and new members to the forum that one member Kirk Shanahan chooses to operate another account which is called Maryyugo.

Whatever one's views of Mary Yugo and Kirk Shanahan, I can say from reading their writings for half a decade that there has never been any indication that they're the same person, and much to suggest that they're different people. A shared skepticism and a strong attachment to their own opinions does not make them the same person.

• No its neither a personal attack or a mispersona attack.

Its an indication to the visitors and new members to the forum that one member Kirk Shanahan chooses to operate another account which is called Maryyugo.

Ok, so it is a not veiled, incorrect, personal attack... MY and Kirk have completely different style and content.

• And Russia, the motherland has always been warm about LENR.

This is unclear, as evidence. It could be explained, as you suggest, by different sociological factors, or by lower scientific and peer review standards. Impact factor comparison perhaps?

• If the LENR diehards spent more time making technical arguments and citing evidence and less time belittling and casting aspersions on skeptics, one might even think they know something. But I suppose they don't care. After all, actually trying to prove your point is nothing but "spoon-feeding".

• .... I think that's what Lomax refers to as 'concern trolling'.

Paradigmnoia, upright fins have more efficient convection at their base, so transfer more heat than 115W/cm2, but also less than that at the top, as the bubbles grow and block heat transfer.... It leads to temperature differences in/on the fins.

• I meant the last post on that page was 'concern trolling'!

And I think it's mentioned that the 135kW was 'momentary' or something similar, but doesn't say how long for, or how it was estimated... From a temp graph gradient maybe?

• Official Post

This would be hilarious stuff if Rossi had not (apparently) destroyed I.H., caused them to fire their staff, and ended most funding for cold fusion.

It remind me the RedBarron and other great fighter...

It started with some never born project I know, then IH, then Piantelli...

About ruined reputations... Focardi, Levi, Mats Lewan, I forgot the boss of Elforsk, Franck Ackland, me, ...

Andrea the sniper.

And I think it's mentioned that the 135kW was 'momentary' or something similar, but doesn't say how long for, or how it was estimated... From a temp graph gradient maybe?

You'll never know because his dog ate Dr. Levi's homework. Oh, and Dr. Levi was too busy to repeat the best performing, most powerful, most efficient test of the ecat EVER done. Done in 2011. Hey, who cares? Certainly not IH, Darden or Woodford. Dr. Josephson cared enough to send ONE email which he wouldn't follow up. Believers are not very keen when they smell they could get bad news.

About ruined reputations... Focardi, Levi, Mats Lewan, I forgot the boss of Elforsk, Franck Ackland, me, ...

You also forgot Jed Rothwell and many of the enthusiasts on the Vortex email list whose names I can't immediately recall. I don't know about "ruined" reputations but for sure Rossi involvement didn't do anybody any good (and historically, never EVER has unless you include his cronies and the crooks that worked with him on the IH scam) . The main individual whose reputation was essentially forever ruined as journalist was definitely Mats Lewan. I can't see how anyone would ever hire him again to write articles on contemporary technical developments though I suppose some whacko magazine or web site still might.

But Magnus Olofsson, CEO of Elforsk at the time, should probably be excluded. He did pay attention to critics and he responded to an email I sent him which reviewed Rossi's criminal past, the thermoelectric scam, and the then current status of the ecat project. He replied with polite interest and thanks and said he had assigned my long email to a researcher at Elforsk for further investigation. That was October 2014. I have not noticed Olofsson mentioning or supporting Rossi since then but maybe I missed it? Anyway, all Elforsk did, IIRC, was to support some travel and report writing, not major money for Rossi.

Of course, remember that anonymous internet trolls like me never read, study, understand anything or have any effect so I guess that email couldn't possibly have influenced Dr. Olofsson to educate himself better about Andrea Rossi.

ETA: I can't find what Elforsk or Olofsson activities are these days with respect to LENR or Rossi. Anybody know? elforsk.se doesn't respond and times out for me at the moment. I may try again later.

• AA has the right attitude with respect to Rossi. As long as your long-term memory is less than a couple of months, the man is a genius. Longer than that, he is a low-grade con man. Congratulations on your limited powers of recall. They clearly provide you much comfort.

Ironic that you wrote. "Some day, an LENR supporter on this site will respond to questions of a technical, economic, or practical nature from a skeptic without resorting to personal insults, withering remarks about the skeptic's intelligence, or other ad hominem tactics and…"

Also, I wonder what New Math you use to figure my example of Dr. Levi's test of the E-Cat in 2011 was just "a couple of months" ago.

Apart from bitching about others, what have you ever done that is so great?

• scaredy cats?

Industry term fanboy?

I can think of more colorful descriptive terms, but for the most part this is a gentlemenly place, so we'll adopt that as the industry term. I sincerely doubt your assertion that universities would jump at the chance to test a cold fusion device. Even tenured experimental physicists would refuse to give it as much as a moment of consideration, for the most part.

• Official Post

I sincerely doubt your assertion that universities would jump at the chance to test a cold fusion device. Even tenured experimental physicists would refuse to give it as much as a moment of consideration, for the most part.

I know they wont. I have emails containing refusals. I wish i could say who they were, but don't ask. ETA - entirely unconnected with those refusals, there is even one of lookingforheat.com's reactors making no claims of magic sitting in another European university that they have refused to power up because 'Elf and Safety' concerns. Seems that 36V is just too much of a risk for them.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.