Rossi-Blog Comment Discussion

• First, ignore my "like." I hit the button by mistake and the system won't let me undo. As to Rossi's expertise in metal working and carpentry, this explains how he managed to construct the Doral heat exchanger and then remove all by his lonesome, without any help from anyone, at least anyone identifiable. As to his patented inventions, so what. It is not that difficult to get a patent. But getting a patent on something that actually is useful, productive, does what it is supposed to do and is marketable is a completely different matter. And as has been discussed and established ad nauseum, his patent for the alleged "universe shattering free energy" widget is nothing of the sort. As for what he had accomplished by age 23, again so what. I have good friends, one whom got his PhD in computer science from UCLA at 19, another who got his BS in Chemistry at UCLA in two years and then hung around another year to get his Masters, all before going to law school, and one of my best friends got his BS in Organic Chemistry at University of Washington (state), his PhD in Inorganic Chemistry at Stanford and his law degree at Stanford, all before he was 25. My point is that there are a lot of well-educated smart people out there, and most of them didn't go on to get a bogus degree from a diploma mill and then list that on their CV. Rossi did exactly that and that is all I need to know or understand about his academic prowess.

• Also, would someone please point to an article that can explain, in layman's terms, exactly what zero point energy is, or supposed to be. My only frame of reference for it is what I gleaned from Star Gate Atlantis, and unlike some of my fellow Americans, I know that what is portrayed on that show is FICTION.

• Zero-point energy is very much a real thing. You can find voluminous amounts of information about it and its relationship to various aspects of modern physics if you care to delve into the subject. However, physicists overwhelmingly reject any possibility that the zero-point energy field can be exploited to obtain useful energy. This makes it a favorite target for pseudoscientific claims and, in some cases, it is the what the best-dressed fraudster is wearing these days. Of course, the valiant members of the every-free-energy-claim-ever-made-is-legitimate society will tell you otherwise.

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• My point is that there are a lot of well-educated smart people out there, and most of them didn't go on to get a bogus degree from a diploma mill and then list that on their CV. Rossi did exactly that and that is all I need to know or understand about his academic prowess.

Just looked, and see that Rossi got his chemical engineering degree at Kensington University : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kensington_University

Looks like Rossi's degree would still be valid, and, it's not like he didn't have to work to get it.

• Boy Mark, you sure don’t let facts get in the way of your Rossi love.

Did you even read the Wikipedia article about Kensington University? How about the Texas penal code regarding it?

According to Texas Penal Code, it is a misdemeanor to use a degree from Kensington University in a written or oral advertisement or other promotion of a business; or with the intent to: obtain employment; obtain a license or certificate to practice a trade, profession, or occupation; obtain a promotion, a compensation or other benefit, or an increase in compensation or other benefit, in employment or in the practice of a trade, profession, or occupation; obtain admission to an educational program in this state; or gain a position in government with authority over another person, regardless of whether the actor receives compensation for the position.

A person who is found guilty of this misdemeanor shall be punished by a fine not to exceed $2,000, up to 180 days in jail, or both.”

From this you conclude that Rossi’s degree is valid? Wow!

• Of course I read the article. I quoted much of it as well. Where are the other states besides Texas that make it a misdemeanour to use a degree from Kensington? If I were to guess, someone in the Texas legislative branch had it out for Kensington University, making Texas an outlier.

From this you conclude that Rossi’s degree is valid? Wow!

No, I conclude from the Wiki article - which I read - that Rossi's degree is still valid. To quote Wiki again,

"No new degrees could be awarded, but prior degrees from the school would remain valid."

• Just looked, and see that Rossi got his chemical engineering degree at Kensington University : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kensington_University

Looks like Rossi's degree would still be valid, and, it's not like he didn't have to work to get it.

Mark U - you are (a) credulous and (b) have a short memory

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kensington_University

Kensington University was an unaccredited distance education institution that was based at different times in Hawaii and California. Kensington University was eventually shut down by state authorities in both states.

• I keep forgetting that you’re the guy who said that there isn’t anything that could be in the depositions of the Rossi lawsuit that would change your opinion of him. That’s really all one needs to know to understand you.

IO,

You simply cannot argue faith with the faithful.

Logic and reason play no part in their analysis, they simply believe and there’s is nothing you or anyone else can do or say to dissuade their belief, nothing.

It is impossible for them to even consider that they have been hoodwinked,

not the faithful, they’re just too smart.

• I guess a Rossi infection is way more serious than CoV-19. It seems to last many years without any chance to get rid of it. It's seems to severely affect the brain and forces people to make endless writing attempts.

May be Mills is a sort of therapy or a Papptest. But still no vaccination on the horizon. Also no standard infection test is ready. May be we have to look for a new worm...

• Mark U - you are (a) credulous and (b) have a short memory

How about providing a fuller, fairer context. From Wiki:

As of 1976, Kensington was an "authorized" independent postsecondary institution in the state of California.[4] After the California Council for Private Postsecondary and Vocational Education was created in 1989 to regulate higher education institutions in the state, Kensington was required to obtain Council approval. In 1994, the Council's first review of the institution found deficiencies.[1][2] Following a protracted legal battle, Kensington University was ordered shut down by California authorities in 1996.[2]

So it was a permitted postsecondary institution for almost twenty years, until regulations were introduced which found the University lacking in some standards.

It's not like one could buy a degree without also earning it, as some people here seem to be insinuating.

• You say this, and I get the odd feeling you're referring to me. Yet I've said straight out before that, objectively speaking, it is unlikely that Rossi has indeed created the impossible invention especially when other bright lights have fallen short. But subjectively I like the guy - although I've never met him in person - and I actually enjoy giving him the benefit of the doubt. Only a few seemingly outrageous claims get to this status with me, so I'm not exactly a mark. Although, I am.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.