Rossi-Blog Comment Discussion

• I will suspend disbelief for one moment and assume the SKL-HED exists at all (SKL Higher Energy Density).

So Rossi claims 4 kW power output (if you assume his 4kWh/h is just a stupid way of writing it).

Do you notice Rossi mentions the power to cool the "reactor" but not to run the external "control unit" which is so very, very complex. Are you sure this external power supply, er, control unit I mean, was running from electricity generated from the ecat? He is able to condition the ouput of the skl sufficiently to run this controller? For the qx test it was running off the mains, hence the moronic 1 ohm resistor/flip switching fiasco.

Perhaps his controller is like the one off the shelf version linked below, capable of 4 kW.

https://www.powerandtest.com/p…power-supplies/dlm-3-4-kw.

Sam, as our official conduit to Rossi, can you ask him if (he claims) this controller runs directly from power from the ecat, and not plugged into the mains? And even if it was running "closed loop" for some period, how much of that 4 kW was it using for that time? If it was around 4kW, that would make sense.

• This whole Rossi approach has given me a great new idea. So Rossi has a controller/power supply that runs the ecat, which generates electricity to run the power supply.

Suppose you took a motor, geared it to another motor shaft that acted like a generator, geared such that the second motor created more power than the first consumed? You would have to first briefly plug the first motor into the mains to get it kick started of course. You would need to cool these and the excess electrical power could be harvested, with perhaps 2 solder connections as opposed to 10000. I wonder if anyone on the internet has ever tried this?

(Before someone humor challenged starts lambasting me, yes this is sarcasm)

• Yes.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Sam, as our official conduit to Rossi, can you ask him if (he claims) this controller runs directly from power from the ecat, and not plugged into the mains? And even if it was running "closed loop" for some period, how much of that 4 kW was it using for that time? If it was around 4kW, that would make sense.

Yes I can ask.

But would it not be better if you

ask him yourself.

One thing I know about you is that

you are not a shy guy.

Leave a reply is at the bottom of

this link.

http://www.journal-of-nuclear-…?p=892&cpage=534#comments

• Bob#2,

See Weak Minded post above

• A couple interesting comment one

of them from BG.

Alain Samoun9 hours ago

Well, I will wait for the September surprise to call my skeptical friends, I have been burned before..

• Avatar Bob Greenyer  Alain Samoun4 hours ago

I'll wait until I see it tested on a battery of known capacity with a realistic load which is self evident (not increasing temperature of water when you have to rely on the set up for the 'facts', but something like raising a water volume to a known height by a specified pump) for a sufficient time with a credible independent party sharing transparent data. After which, I will study the data.

• Rossi is not harvesting heat to generate electricity. Rather it seems he is directly harvesting the voltage differences between plasma layers, although he has not said that outright.

Mark,

Do you have any idea of how many crackpot, cockamamie and outright insane theories about the latest “Rossi-ma-Bob” have been floated in the ether since 2011?

I mean really?

“Harvesting voltage differences between plasma layers”?

Really?

• Official Post

“Harvesting voltage differences between plasma layers”?

Your ignorance is showing badly. This is basic plasma physics.

" A double layer is a structure in a plasma and consists of two parallel layers with opposite electrical charge. The sheets of charge cause a strong electric field and a correspondingly sharp change in voltage (electrical potential) across the double layer. Ions and electrons which enter the double layer are accelerated, decelerated, or reflected by the electric field. In general, double layers (which may be curved rather than flat) separate regions of plasma with quite different characteristics. Double layers are found in a wide variety of plasmas, from discharge tubes to space plasmas to the Birkeland currents supplying the Earth’s aurora, and are especially common in current-carrying plasmas. Compared to the sizes of the plasmas which contain them, double layers are very thin (typically ten Debye lengths), with widths ranging from a few millimeters for laboratory plasmas to thousands of kilometres for astrophysical plasmas.

Other names for a double layer are: electrostatic double layer, electric double layer, plasma double layers, electrostatic shock (a type of double layer which is oriented at an oblique angle to the magnetic field in such a way that the perpendicular electric field is much larger than the parallel electric field),[6] space charge layer,[7] and “potential ramp”.[8] In laser physics, a double layer is sometimes called an ambipolar electric field.[9] Double layers are conceptually related to the concept of a ‘sheath’ (see Debye sheath)."

• Official Post

A couple interesting comment one

of them from BG.

Now it is interesting? The guys here are asking for such a test since years, made lots of commemts on the Rossi blog describing how such a test should look like. But we never saw and will see such a test. Because it is not possible for him.

• Your ignorance is showing badly. This is basic plasma physics.

Another subtle :thumbup: for Rossi!

How about your thoughts on Rossi's other actually ridiculous claims made on this subject over many years? You really believe he made 10,000 hand solder joints? Any quotes about ignorance of Rossi on this blatant crock of crap? Basic sense indicates one would not be making 10,000 hand solder joints. :/

Interesting indeed.... the often subtle defense of Rossi by criticizing those who point our Rossi "stupidities" and yet nary ever a word of challenge or criticism of Rossi's ridiculous statements or claims! :rolleyes:

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.