Rossi-Blog Comment Discussion

• No "customer" who buys heat in megawatt-hour quantities would think of buying it from Rossi. That would be insane. Even if the heat is real (which I do not believe) it would be coming from a nuclear reaction unknown to science, from a machine that has never been tested for safety or certified by anyone. Once that fact because known to the general public, the company that is buying the heat will be overrun with police, regulators, and lawyers from a hundred miles around filing lawsuits for endangering the public. The company's reputation would be shredded. It would be enough to bankrupt any company, no matter how big.

There is not the slightest chance this story is true. Even if the machine exists, no one would be crazy enough to buy the heat, or allow the machine within 50 miles of any city or town.

Jed

Would the US. military be interested

in the ECat assuming it works?

• Jed

Would the US. military be interested

in the ECat assuming it works?

IMHO If Rossi has applied for US patents with disclosures that actually would allow for "reduction to practice", they would already be trying to make one and the patents would be put under a security order. Rossi would then not be able to demonstrate it in public nor sell the technology. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invention_Secrecy_Act

https://www.uspto.gov/web/offices/pac/mpep/s120.html#d0e3221

FYI, You will be awaiting a blue slip from art group 3640 or 3660 for a long long time. Good luck.

Oh yes, if you end up there, everything must be done by mail..... nothing electronic. It slows things way down.

• No "customer" who buys heat in megawatt-hour quantities would think of buying it from Rossi. That would be insane

But he has a customer who wants 40 MW. LOL.

. Even if the heat is real (which I do not believe) it would be coming from a nuclear reaction unknown to science, from a machine that has never been tested for safety or certified by anyone.

How many times are you going to repeat your unsubstantiated opinion? I don't find your crystal ball any more reliable than your repeated lies about what I think.

Which government agency do you think would be qualified to test the SK for safety without starting from scratch? You don't think Rossi has already tested it for a year?

t is obvious you would do anything you can to stop Rossi. How many government agencies have you contacted in order to save the world from this diabolical invention that doesn't exist?

Why not wait a month for some hard evidence?

• I see the babblers are back in force again.

One thing it is easy to forget is that he is now, after the IH $10M, rich. He can self-fund, engage with potential partners on an "I pay it all to start with" basis. That allows him to maintain the illusion regardless of whether he is getting real funding from anyone.

Rossi's customers will only pay for heat received. How do you suppose Rossi makes money fr0m your proppoposed scam and why would he spend $10 million to do it?

I know you can't answer that , so you won't.

• With Rossi the devil lies in the detail. Not the slightest chance? Sure if you interpret this literally. But what if Rossi tells the customer this is just an experimental run, set up as a research experiment, funded entirely by Rossi, with licenses for commercial use to follow if all is good?

Any industrial company in the U.S. or Japan large enough to purchase megawatt-hour quantities of heat would instantly refuse such an offer, for the reasons I spelled out above. Even if Rossi gave away the heat for free they would have nothing to do with it. I have worked for such companies, and worked with them. They take no unnessary risks. They are very careful to follow regulations and safety standards, because in our litigious era they may end up paying millions or billions of they fail to do this. To take a risk like this just to save 20% on the cost of heat would be insane. Any manager who suggested such a think would be fired in a week. It is simply unthinkable.

Large corporations have engineers who understand the laws of physics, and who understand that if such a machine exists, it must be revolutionary, unproved, untested, and therefore potentially dangerous.

Frankly, when IH countenanced such a test, I was shocked. I think no one should ever test a cold fusion device at power levels above 100 W. 10 W is better.

• How many times are you going to repeat your unsubstantiated opinion? I don't find your crystal ball any more reliable than your repeated lies about what I think.

This is not my opinion. This is what experts & regulators in every government agency in the U.S. and Japan will tell you. I have read government regulations, and spoken with regulators. I knew them well, and I know how they go about their work. My father was one of them. You know nothing about this subject. You have obviously read nothing, so I suggest you refrain from offering opinions or comments. You have also refused to read Rossi's own report on his 1 MW test in Doral Florida, and you refuse to read his testimony, so you know nothing about what he himself said about that reactor either, and you have no business discussing it. You also refuse to read what the IH experts said, but in any case, Rossi's own report is damning.

Since you deliberately avoid reading technical documents and laws, you are willfully ignorant. You invent all of your assertions based only on your own imagination. You should recuse yourself from this conversation.

• Which government agency do you think would be qualified to test the SK for safety without starting from scratch? You don't think Rossi has already tested it for a year?

If government agencies are not qualified, they will have to learn how do do it. Do you seriously believe they will let Rossi sell this machine based only his own tests? With no independent verification? Do you think Uncle Sam would let Boeing fly passengers in an untested airplane, based only on Boeing's in-house testing?

No wait, don't answer that! Of course you believe that stuff. You live in cloud cuckoo land where anything is possible.

There has never been a time in Europe, the U.S. or Japan when the world worked the way you imagine, and anyone could endanger the public with untested technology. German beer brewers have been regulated by purity laws since 1516. In Colonial America, building construction was strictly regulated. Hotels were more regulated than they are today, with the size of the rooms, beds, and meals strictly controlled. In the 1920s and 30s when my grandfather invented medical equipment, he had to deal with regulations and regulators.

• Do you seriously believe they will let Rossi sell this machine based only his own tests? With no independent verification? Do you think Uncle Sam would let Boeing fly passengers in an untested airplane, based only on Boeing's in-house testing?

No wait, don't answer that! Of course you believe that stuff. You live in cloud cuckoo land where anything is possible.

There has never been a time in Europe, the U.S. or Japan when the world worked the way you imagine, and anyone could endanger the public with untested technology. German beer brewers have been regulated by purity laws since 1516.

Please help me understand what Rossi's heating machine (if it exists) has to do with airplanes.

And Germany (which in no way existed at that time. I think you mean Bavaria.) introduced its purity laws because beer brewing was unregulated before. And humankind is brewing beer since we are hunters and gatherers. So the regulated era of beer brewing is waaaaaay shorter than the unregulated one ;)

• Official Post

Although a stretch, the only way I can see this Rossi customer scenario happening, is if it is the military. They could circumvent some of the required certifications, and avoid regulations if they wanted to, but they would only do that in an R/D capacity, under strict guidelines. Certainly they would not allow it to be used in any normal operation to heat a building with servicemen within, without the regular approvals any consumer product must have. Or let Rossi control the heat output from Miami...LOLs.

No, I do not see how this can happen the way Rossi describes it. Military, or civilian...it just can not work. If he has a customer, it has to be like Doral, where he is his own customer. But there is always that lingering question of why he would go through all this trouble, and expense, if he can not somehow make some money from it? Why, why, why...

• Rossi may very well be his own client. However, I think there is a possibility that he may have a small and private client (not a large business or corporation) that could have an open minded owner that is allowing him to provide space heating. It's also possible that this client could be providing him some laboratory space for experiments with turbines. Regardless of the possibilities, the burden of proof is on Rossi. After what he did at Doral, misleading everyone, he should expect no one to believe him.

However, the situation is different now than during the Doral fiasco. He has been exposed as a highly manipulative individual that will twist the truth to serve his purposes. I don't think any large, reputable company with millions of dollars to invest would make any kind of deal with him unless they were allowed to replicate AHEAD of time under NDA to prove the technology works. He would never share his IP, so I think he is on a limited budget (no more big bucks coming in) and will have to make small, puny deals. I don't think he would be continuing on unless the QX worked. If I were not well researched into the history of these kind of devices, I would be very skeptical. But when you look at the work of Chernetsky, Shoulders, Correa, Tesla, Moray, and a list of others who build devices utilizing the same non-equilibrium conditions, the QX becomes very plausible. When you then realize he is likely using BLPs catalysts, then it becomes likely he is producing excess energy.

• But what would prevent a company to rent a room to Rossi and send water to this room and get water from this room?

And pay money to him?

Dozens of police cars and FBI agents would prevent this, as soon as they found out about it. If it actually works, it is a NUCLEAR REACTOR that works on TOTALLY UNKNOWN PRINCIPLES. No sane person in authority would allow such a machine to be operated within 50 miles of an inhabited area. The DoE or some other agency would first spend months testing it in a place where if something goes wrong, only a few people would be irradiated, or blown to smithereens.

A small, table-top version is probably much safer. Only a few cold fusion devices have gone out of control and exploded. However, given the scale of these devices, the output of the reaction, and the scale of the explosions, it is not difficult to extrapolate the possible damage from a megawatt device. No one knows if it would produce penetrating radiation, although there is some evidence that one of Rossi's devices did. However, assuming the explosion scales up, it would destroy several city blocks, at least. In a populated area it would kill hundreds of people.

After many experts agree the device is fully under control and there is no danger of explosions, and after prototypes have undergone thousands of hours of testing, then it can be installed in populated areas. Rossi alone is not capable of doing such tests, and he is not authorized either. You don't want people like him deciding to put an untested nuclear reactor next door to your office.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.