Rossi-Blog Comment Discussion

• Recall that Rossi claimed that the Ni was transmuted into Cu. (at one time even claiming 30% was transmuted. That is the nucleus changed- by definition that is nuclear. So Rossi himself has claimed it is nuclear. In short, Rossi says it is nuclear. Do you believe him or did he lie about the Cu?

I beleive that the LENR process is a complex reaction that is comprised of multiple sub-reaction-mechanisms one being transmutation. Transmutation can exist on its own such as occurs in microbes. There is no high energy components that accompany this process...if there were, then the microbes would not survive. Also there are energy generation sub-processes that do not involve transmutation. As Rossi developed his system, he changed the way he did things and the LENR reaction reflected these changes. It is possible that an initial LENR reaction formed CU as a transmutation product, but then a latter reaction did not. Rossi added lithium to his fuel mix as a latter improvement, This changed what the reaction did and what transmutation products were produced.

Right now Russ George is adjusting his fuel blend that he uses in his LENR reactor and the LENR reactions that are produced also change in responce. For example, one fuel mix produces radiation and another just produces heat. It is not correct to think of the LENR reaction as simple and unchanging, the LENR reaction is very complicated and is a function of the way it is generated.

For example, in Rossi's latest system: the SK reactor, transmutation may not be occurring. That system could be extracting energy from the vacuum as one of these major energy producing LENR sub-processes.

This bit of info tells us something important about the LENR reaction in the SK reactor. The energy production zone is located at a fixed location inside the plasma. This LENR active zone does not move around randomly throughout the plasma. We would expect that random movement of the energy production zone would imply a mobile LENR active agent such as a black EVO which is independent of the plasma...like a fish swimming in a lake. That fish could travel anywhere in that lake.

The LENR active zone inside the plasma is fixed in the "core" of the plasma. This means that the plasma itself is supporting the LENR reaction as an integral and indispensable component of the LENR process.

The SK reactor is a plasma based LENR reaction where the plasma supports the reaction without the action of another independent agent.

• Assume the gadget works. If, as you say, there is no radioactive material in the device, then no one has the slightest idea where the energy is coming from.

Wrong. The energy comes from the reduction in mass of the fuel, apparently from changing the isotope or changing to lighter elements.

The actual mechanism for these changes is debatable as there are a number pf theories.

• Official Post

Adrian,

I detect a confidence in you, I have not seen before. Hopefully Rossi does not disappoint, as he has done so many others before. I am pulling for you to be right, but even today another potential customer Rossi refused to do business with, surfaced with his story on ECW. There have been many like him in the past. Two of Leonardo's first licensees, Hydrofusion (Scandenavia), and Prometeon (Italy), complained they had European customers lined up for the 1MW LT's, and every time Rossi turned them down.

Is it for real this time? This demo will not answer that, but hopefully by 2020, we will know.

• The demo is not going to tell us anything.

- The whole event will be pre-recorded.

- All measurements will be taken by Rossi with equipment he setup.

- There will be no third party present or representative of the customer if there is one.

I truly believe the only way we will ever know if the QX works is if a replication can be made to produce excess energy. I hope I'm wrong, but I expect Rossi to go permanently dark after this demonstration. Because I don't expect him to get the wave of clients he wants and therefore there will never be another demonstration.

• Official Post

I hope I'm wrong, but I expect Rossi to go permanently dark after this demonstration. Because I don't expect him to get the wave of clients he wants and therefore there will never be another demonstration.

You may be right. At what point do we stop paying attention to him then? 6 months, 1 year, 2? Everyone wrote him off after the Doral court documents became public, and he is still going.

• For example, in Rossi's latest system: the SK reactor, transmutation may not be occurring. That system could be extracting energy from the vacuum as one of these major energy producing LENR sub-processes.

Wrong. The energy comes from the reduction in mass of the fuel, apparently from changing the isotope or changing to lighter elements.

According to these statements from two big Rossi proponents which contradict each other 100%, it seems Jed is right that "no one has the slightest idea where the energy is coming from" . At least the Rossi apologists should get their story straight.

• @Adrian Ashfield wrote:

I just don't know how man survived before writing...

Actually if you mean before modern sanitary and health regulations, not very well.

17th-century English life expectancy was only about 35 years, largely because infant and child mortality remained high. Life expectancy was under 25 years in the early Colony of Virginia, and in seventeenth-century New England, about 40 per cent died before reaching adulthood.

If you mean like neolithic times

Based on Neolithic and Bronze Age data, the total life expectancy at 15 would not exceed 34 years.[11] Based on the data from modern hunter-gatherer populations, it is estimated that at 15, life expectancy was an additional 39 years (total 54), with a 0.60 probability of reaching 15.[12]

(from Wikipedia)

, @Adrian Ashfield: Without modern science and regulations, it is very likely you would not be with us.

• I agree with your points.

Unfortunately, there is nothing even close to sufficient information on the QX to replicate it.

Maybe someone can Cargo Cult something that looks like a QX, and accidentally/on purpose make that something work.

• According to these statements from two big Rossi proponents which contradict each other 100%, it seems Jed is right that "no one has the slightest idea where the energy is coming from" . At least the Rossi apologists should get their story straight.

The energy output from LENR comes from three sources, the vacuum, the decay of sub atomic particles, and fusion/fission. In some LENR systems, all three of these sources could by at play at the same time.

• The QX isn't really such a gigantic mystery. I spent hours last night searching the web for terms like plasma oscillations, self generating oscillations, self sustaining oscillations, and so fourth. I found many papers that explain how when pulsed in the negative resistance region a direct current discharge connected to a circuit that is resonant will experience self sustaining oscillations.

• I agree with your points.

Unfortunately, there is nothing even close to sufficient information on the QX to replicate it.

Maybe someone can Cargo Cult something that looks like a QX, and accidentally/on purpose make that something work.

Yes there is enough information to replicate.

We have the rough electrode geometry.

We have the fuel that is claimed to be LiAlH4.

We know it is producing a self generating oscillation due to the oscilloscope traces.

If all of this produces excess heat, then a replication has taken place.

However, the technology goes back a long time BEFORE ROSSI all the way back to Chernetsky.

• As it is straight forward to measure things in an engineering way, such as heating the water with the QX or measuring the 27 kW of factory heating with the SK, this is too simple for your esoteric mind to grasp.

Ut doesn't allow you to write a page of convoluted prose to supposedly prove the SK doesn't work

Surely you can do better than this? I have given specific information about how Rossi's demos and other tests defeat "straightforward measurement". Those points are all based on public fact which you have not even tried to dispute (you cannot do so, since they are all true).

General platitudes about how it is straightforward to measure things are hardly the point.

Rossi, based not on opinion, but documented past behaviour:

• is not a straightforward guy
    • does not permit straightforward guys to make straightforward measurements on his devices.
  • You may be right. At what point do we stop paying attention to him then? 6 months, 1 year, 2? Everyone wrote him off after the Doral court documents became public, and he is still going.

The Court Documents and Rossi VS

Darden where just a side show.

If I remember correctly Rossi announced three months before the

Court Case that he was working on

the QX and that many did not

write him off.

• TH,

You mean Rossi has been purposefully “bamboozeling” us all this time?

I was just about to send my investment $$$ to that kind Arab Prince to invest in Leonardo Corp for me.

Dang

• Official Post

If I remember correctly Rossi announced three months before the

Court Case that he was working on

the QX and that many did not

write him off.

Then I stand corrected. My point remains though, that Rossi could keep this customer/client/partner's identity (if real) secret for years. I guess each of us individually, will have to decide when enough time has elapsed, to write this off as another Doral.

• I think that the only way we will ever find out if the QX works is through replication. Rossi is not about to provide any information that would conclusively or even somewhat conclusively prove that the device produces excess energy. In the process of doing so, he would attract far too much attention which would result in a dozen parties attempting to replicate. And, although I could be wrong, I believe the QX is not too hard to replicate. The reason no one publicly is attempting to replicate now is because there's so very little evidence that it works. If he produced evidence, there would be a dozen teams attempting to replicate.

Additionally, looking at this from his perspective, there is absolutely zero reason to provide any info about the QX other than to attract customers. If this demonstration doesn't provide them, then doing so again makes no sense. He would be better off working in private.

• Actually if you mean before modern sanitary and health regulations, not very well.

Don't be so dumb.

I pointed out Jed's typical exaggeration that there had NEVER been a time without regulations. I did not suggest there were no benefits from civilization.

• Yes there is enough information to replicate.

I think it more likely you would end up with something that did not work as you don't know the details of the fuel nor the excitation required.

Yo write off Rossi's many years of experimentation too casually.

• General platitudes about how it is straightforward to measure things are hardly the point.

You went on for pages about the errors in spectra measurement. The fact remains the heat output of the QX was measured properly by water calorimetry and I expect the heat output of the SK to be clear too.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.