Rossi-Blog Comment Discussion

• Did somebody steel Adrian’s identity? Who is really who?

1. Adrian Ashfield January 11, 2019 at 1:21 PM

The babblers of the Rock and Troll music need logic for dummies, they don’t realize the struggles such innovative technology faces. In my work I come across situations like this all of the time, the most recent being a new type of chimney. One day the science establishment will realize their mistake, roll out the silver rug, and make the babblers pay.

Godspeed,

AA

2. Andrea Rossi January 11, 2019 at 2:40 PM

Adrian Ashfield:

We must not complain, we must work, make, put in operation. All the rest is pointless now.

Warm Regards,

A.R.

P.S.

The author of the comment I am responding to is a homonymous of Adrian Ashfield ([email protected]), therefore he is not the same person

• Of course the factory is operating. Just check out the JONP. Rossi has been operating a robotic factory since 2011. Problem is, all it makes are scams, lies and dumb gadgets that do nothing except help Rossi get money from dupes.

• Here are the contents of a post I sent to ECW that has subsequently been removed by Frank Acland. It is part of a thread in which I have been saying the replication is still the gold standard for verifying research claims. Just prior to this deleted post Pekka Janhunen had pointed out that Mr Rossi is saying the the upcoming event is supposed to attract customers and is not supposed to be a test or demonstration ...

"Pekka, I am very aware of Mr. Rossi's stated goal for he January event. . He is heavily pushing the idea that his inventions have reached a stage of development beyond scientific testing. He is doing this in the hope that people will conclude that the products have already been scrutinized sufficiently and found to be real. Nothing could be further from the truth. There has been no satisfactory testing and no independent corroboration of his results.

People on this site should be very careful that they don't let Mr Rossi push them into accepting faulty logic"

• Rossi, strictly speaking, has never in his life had a retail customer he has been able to name. And he has never sold a real product to any company or institution either -- not one that he has ever acknowledged by name. What he did accomplish was to get investment and research and prototype money under false pretenses and by the use of lies and scams. Those projects were the Petroldragon environmental catastrophe, the thermoelectric converter scam, and all the ecat versions, whatever they are called. And none has ever been proven to have worked. Rossi also claimed to have been involved in a biofuels company and that might be but there is no clear evidence I have seen about what it did and whether or not it ever made money. Obviously, Rossi never actually needs anyone or any company to be a customer for him to claim he has one. It's so much easier for him to simply lie about it. And sam12 and @Adrian Ashfield and like thinking Rossi-buddies will reliably treat the silly claims as probable truth.

But we must remember not to hold any of that "ancient" history against him, otherwise we might not be able to take what he claims at face value (credit to AA). Similarly, if Jeffrey Dahmer now claims that he is a vegetarian, we should take him at face value and invite him over for lunch -- something something served with some fava beans and a nice Chianti.

• sam12

What?! ROTFWL! There was no need to roll dice on Rossi's so-called technology. Ever hear of testing inventions before giving the inventor millions? By capable and reliable third parties who are not involved with the inventor? Darden's pioneering spirit might be laudable but he majorly screwed the pooch in his approach to Rossi. Essentially everything he did about and with Rossi was simply stupid. And well... he got a predictable result. "It didn't work out for him" is quite an understatement. It didn't work out for Darden in the same sense that jumping out of a car and approaching a wild lion to pet him didn't work out for a tourist in Africa a few years ago. The lion killed the tourist and partly ate him.

Yummy. IIRC, I read a news story a number of years ago about a parent smearing ice cream over their toddler's face so the grizzly would lick it off -- fortunately a ranger caught it in time. All contenders for the Darwin Awards.

• AA:

Re: your comments about bureaucratic waste and inefficiency in universities -- absolutely on point. If you look at the budget of any US university or college and compare the amount spent on teaching/research vs. the amount spent on administrators, it is obscene how much we waste on bureaucratic nonsense.

• I think that the fundamental cause of most types of LENR will be revealed by the effect taking place in the QX/SK. Maybe I'm wrong, but I envision the same plasmoids (EVOs) being created in the lattices of powder based systems, the gas atmospheres of powder based systems to which rotating electromagnetic fields are applied, and the atmosphere of reactor tubes like the QX/SK.

Meanwhile, everything else that I have observed and witnessed during these eight years, including my own measurements on the previous E-Cat versions, and the one-year test of a one megawatt plant in Doral, FL, during which Rossi started developing the E-Cat QX with its electronic/electromagnetic control system, indicates that the E-Cat is a working device, although many would call it An Impossible Invention.

Strong words... I bet Dewey begs to differ!

• Official Post

- emits almost no radiation, uses no radioactive fuel, produces no radioactive waste,

-The E-Cat SK is monitored remotely. It is sealed and essential parts will auto-destruct if the seal is broken.

-The reaction emits very low levels of electromagnetic radiation—the same kind as e.g. light, radio waves, and microwaves. The wavelength is essentially between 300 and 330 nanometers, slightly shorter than UV-light from the sun. No other kind of radiation from the E-Cat has ever been detected.

-Inside the device casing but outside the reactor, at a distance of 1 cm from the reactor wall, the radiation level is reportedly between 0.06 and 0.16 µSv/h—slightly above background level which is 0.05-0.07 µSv/h—in a day adding up to approximately one arm X-ray. Outside the device, however, the radiation level from the process is zero, due to shielding.

-The lowest energy level required for radiation to be ionising is 10 eV per photon which corresponds to a wavelength of about 120 nanometers. With wavelengths of 300 to 330 nanometers, the radiation from the E-Cat reaction is carried by photons with an energy of about 4 eV, thus clearly non-ionising.

• Thumbs up for Mats for correctly writing "E-Cat", even Dott. Rossi is variant in naming his baby :)

What's missing:

Input power (el.) versus output power (thermal).

What was that called? COP? COP from Doral "test" was what? Penon Report, don't mentioned...

"But after at least a decade of hard work, without asking money from any third party"

I doubt that! He sold licences, there were orders... and he never delivered, later bought them back.

"But let’s assume that the there’s no working E-Cat device. Then either Rossi is fooling himself,

and there’s nothing that makes me believe this now, or it’s a fraud, which hardly makes any sense at this point."

I hope Mats is earning some money with his books and/or his blog.

14 days left to "showdown" :)

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.