Rossi-Blog Comment Discussion

• Official Post

Why would you think that

I do not want to believe it, but I keep hearing these voices in my head telling me to believe. :) No seriously, there has always been the scenario I mentioned, so I did not say anything new. The voices though seem to be speaking louder as we near the demo.

You are right...the demo will not tell us anything, as most everyone, including Director agree. Unless we hear from a customer, we are but spectators at Rossi's latest magic show.

• Shane, if Rossi had not opted to hitch his scam to LENR but instead had said it was some entirely new phenomenon that he stumbled upon, would those little voices still be calling you? I’ve thought all along that the cleverest thing ever Rossi did was claim his sham was LENR-related, which immediately created a whole group of people strongly predisposed to believe whatever he says. Even though each new e-cat less and less resembles any other LENR system in existence, the “community” still assumes Rossi is developing LENR technology. Of course, the main result of all this has been to greatly damage the already precarious reputation of LENR.

• Official Post

Shane, if Rossi had not opted to hitch his scam to LENR but instead had said it was some entirely new phenomenon that he stumbled upon, would those little voices still be calling you?

I will have to ask those little voices talking to me about that. They have a personality of their own at times, which is...yes, I know, a sign of a schizophrenia. Guilty. But hey, that is why I am a Moderator.

And yes, I agree the progression of Ecats, along with so many other things, makes this even more ridiculous. I guess that is why this story is so captivating?

• Official Post

I agree that the story is captivating. But I don’t actually think Rossi himself is that interesting. His scam is increasingly clumsy and preposterous. He isn’t even trying hard to be convincing. What is amazing is that people still believe him. That is astonishing .

It is astonishing, but I hear what I hear. If it turns out he has even a little something, his would have to be one of the more crazy science stories ever. If not, and it is eventually found out he is a total fraud and had nothing, it will be something future historians will have to figure out.

• “Hopefully soon, we shall see if there is anything to this other than a con man at work.”

Why would you think that? After 8 years of the same bullshit, what is going to change? His latest show will be as meaningless as all the previous ones and his fan club will dutifully wait for the next one. And even people like you will agree that he showed nothing but still hold out hope that the next time will be different. Like I said: just shaking my head.

Rossi said he was shaking when he

tested the E-Cat SK at a private lab.

I wonder what the two employees

of the lab that where at the test thought.Probably still amazed.

• I agree that the story is captivating. But I don’t actually think Rossi himself is that interesting. His scam is increasingly clumsy and preposterous. He isn’t even trying hard to be convincing. What is amazing is that people still believe him. That is astonishing .

Rossi does not have to try hard to be

convincing .He knows he has the goods.I can feel it in the AIR.

• His latest show will be as meaningless as all the previous ones

Actually I think Rossi is unique in that each of his demos has gotten increasingly meaningless. I am almost expecting this one to clearly show him manipulating switches during a new fudged 1 ohm resistor test, and perhaps a visible kerosene heater in one of the magnificent camera angles, even though it was prerecorded and he could have edited it. Why bother with editing when you have cult like fans. I feel like Rossi enjoys seeing people fall for his most ridiculous claims. I like the latest post on JONP where he states the people looking for proof are "Rock and trollers" and "imbeciles"

• “If not, and it is eventually found out he is a total fraud and had nothing, it will be something future historians will have to figure out.”

The Rossi saga is virtually invisible to the world at large. The total number of people who give a crap about any of it is miniscule. When Rossi finally disappears from the scene, rest assured that no future historian will bother to spend any time on this petty and embarassing little business. There have been and will be innumerable scams of greater magnitude and more intrigue. So revel in this one while it lasts.

• All I could think of, was she saw the parts where Cassarino is asked if he thinks Rossi is honest, and he says "yes". Cassarino and Rossi go back to 1996, and they partnered on that miserably failed DOD thermoelectric contract (SOT will come along to fill us on it I am sure :) ). He (Cassa) does come across as one those very honest people, who will tell you the truth, even if it makes him look bad. So if he says he thinks Rossi is a good man, I have no doubt he believes that.

Hey, keep in mind, Ampenergo sold their e-cat distribution licenses to IH and made more than 3 Mio from this deal.

They wouldn’t make such business when at the same time they think (say) that Rossi is not honest, would they?

http://coldfusioncommunity.net…01/0207.13_Exhibit_13.pdf

• Like kids every year believe in Santa Claus.

Exactly!

Who believes that Rossi has an efficient LENR reactor is crazy, but, paraphrasing Bohr, probably is not crazy enough to have a chance of being correct.

Niels Bohr quote:

"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct."

"Said to Wolfgang Pauli after his presentation of Heisenberg's and Pauli's nonlinear field theory of elementary particles, at Columbia University (1958), as reported by F. J. Dyson in his paper “Innovation in Physics” (Scientific American, 199, No. 3, September 1958, pp. 74-82; reprinted in "JingShin Theoretical Physics Symposium in Honor of Professor Ta-You Wu," edited by Jong-Ping Hsu & Leonardo Hsu, Singapore; River Edge, NJ: World Scientific, 1998, pp. 73-90, here: p. 84)."

• Exactly!

Who believes that Rossi has an efficient LENR reactor is crazy, but, paraphrasing Bohr, probably is not crazy enough to have a chance of being correct.

I give you a big news:

Santa Claus does not exist. You can continue to believe in fakes and tales chatting about paraphrasing Bohr and Pauli.

• I give you a big news:

Santa Claus does not exist. You can continue to believe in fakes chatting of Pauli.

I understand your point. This problem is well known and is called "Santa Claus confinement". Nobody has ever seen an isolated north pole Santa Claus, because he is always associated to a another, less known, blue dressed south pole Santa Claus.

• So you believe in two Santa Claus even if SC is just a tale for kids. Good faith to support also the magic "inventor".

For your info also in the south emisphere of Earth SC is represented in red, maybe your claim is wrong.

• For your info also in the south emisphere of Earth SC is represented in red, maybe your claim is wrong.

yes, it's true that in modern times "south emisphere of Earth Santa Claus is represented in red", but there are some forgotten australian natives legends

that tell otherwise.

redColor charge = +1

blueColor charge = -1

SC = 0 (Santa Claus does not exist, that's your point)

SC = redSC + blueSC (that's my point)

I agree again with you.

• The problem is that none seen your blu SC, so you agree with me but you failed to agree with yourself.

This is a classic example of a believer in own tales.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.