Rossi-Blog Comment Discussion

• From the Leonardo/Rossi news release:

"Dr. Rossi has patented the E-Cat in the United States (US patent no. US 9,115,913 B1) and the patent has also been granted in all of Europe, China, Russia, Japan, Mexico, Brazil, Chile, Australia, South Africa, and is pending in other countries"

Not trying to be a spoil sport, but that is not true. He does not have a USPTO patent on the E-Cat. He does have one on a "Fluid Heater", where the "Energy Catalyzer" wafer could theoretically provide heat to the fluid, along with any of the other heat sources. He did have a legitimate E-Cat patent in Europe, which he allowed to lapse.

And IH seems to have applied (ahead of Rossi) for several patents that could be critical to the x-cat designs.

• Official Post

And IH seems to have applied (ahead of Rossi) for several patents that could be critical to the x-cat designs.

Could you expand (better explain) on that? Yes, IH has been submitting patent applications, of which all so far deal with the "process" of LENR reactions...like so many others before. That is how the USPTO rejection of LENR, has warped the field. But nonetheless, I see no connection to Rossi...do you?

• Could you expand (better explain) on that? Yes, IH has been submitting patent applications, of which all so far deal with the "process" of LENR reactions...like so many others before. That is how the USPTO rejection of LENR, has warped the field. But nonetheless, I see no connection to Rossi...do you?

There seemed to me to be several applications that involve parts of plasma type/related reactors, in particular. I haven’t reviewed the IH applications since they were announced here (on L-F).

I think that the search term “grinding teeth” or similar should bring up a relevant discussion about at least one of them.

• Just testing you. You passed. :) Still though, everyone seems to be into plasma lately. I could make a better argument Rossi jumped on the plasma bandwagon, than vise versa.

Isotope changes, NiCuLiH, radioactivity or lack there of, multielement concentration changes, “light” at various frequencies (both forbidden knowledge and advertised), strange waveforms, electrical entities, thrust, new theory, harmonic enhancement, zero point, dark matter, boiling water ...

• You can see Doral as being a trial run for Rossi's new business model. He has discovered the ease with which an impressive-looking electrical heater can be packaged as a novel nuclear heat source, and have output power faked.

It will be fascinating if he does manage to scam obtain customers. Personally I think now he is in full PR mode - reality has no relationship to his efforts. He wants to be well thought of by his acolytes, and in fcat is still, as far as we can see from Alan here, managing that pretty well. (Not Alan that you are an inner circle acolyte - but on basis of comments here you are a fellow traveller).

• The UK is facing a huge energy crisis with the planned new fission reactors apart from Hinckley being cancelled (probably because all our politicians have turned into decerebrate Brexit morons and couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery.) So there's a big opportunity for fusion reactors if we can knock something together with LENR quickly - let's see if AR will be willing to donate a few shipping containers full of SK's and plonk them down on the sites planned for reactors (which are half-finished) in Cumbria. Would the UK government be a suitable customer for AR? We could always front it through EDF. Alternatively, could Brillouin Energy supply enough hot tubes to keep our lights on? Time to stop pissing about and USE this tech for f''''s sake!

A better place to put them would be alongside existing wind farms instead of the diesel generating sets currently placed there. Wind farms are sold to the planners on the basis they are green (I agree with this) but in several cases near us they have later applied for permission to add diesel sets as backup in containers. They are promoted as backup for when the wind isn't blowing but they actually run any time the grid price makes it worthwhile.

• Dr Richard

Should working commercial fusion reactors with low cost and effectively zero radiation / waste / safety issues exist then the whole world will use them, they would be important technology, worth trillions and probably Nobel prizes too.

Given such inducements don't you think if anyone were able to "use this tech" they would be doing it?

• Obviously. Our basic understanding of nuclear physics is just totally inadequate to enable controlled release of energy from fusion reactions at the present time. Very frustrating situation because most of us perceive how close we are to actually achieving it - my criticism is directed at the perpetual patenting of ideas for their potential commercial exploitation rather than spending the time and money on practical, innovative experimentation which is probably the only way we will invent efficient fusion reactors by the end of this century. I just made a simple suggestion to experimentally combine hot and cold fusion technologies - a SAFIRE/ST40 hybrid - maybe throw in some fissile material too if we need more neutrons - ie remove the scientific bias that has inevitably arisen for the different schools of thought. Still no price cut in second-hand tokamaks yet though, so only small-scale experiments are possible (like pressure-cooker dimensions?).

• What Rossi has invented, sam12 , is a bizarre method of extracting money from negligent and/or incompetent investors. What is most amazing is the extent to which it has succeeded thus far. It will be very surprising if Rossi continues to lure in money considering the wealth of evidence available from the court case and Darden's reports. It will truly be a demonstration of the Nigerian Scam effect in which appeal is only made to the very dumbest and ignorant reachable people.

Sure, as a fraud scheme, Rossi is inconsequential in size. What amazes some of us is that he ever succeeded at it at all. I know exactly who to thank for that but saying their names is unpopular on this forum. Anyway, it's good entertainment and a small glimpse into the human psyche and the phenomenon of "belief."

• Obviously. Our basic understanding of nuclear physics is just totally inadequate to enable controlled release of energy from fusion reactions at the present time. Very frustrating situation because most of us perceive how close we are to actually achieving it - my criticism is directed at the perpetual patenting of ideas for their potential commercial exploitation rather than spending the time and money on practical, innovative experimentation which is probably the only way we will invent efficient fusion reactors by the end of this century. I just made a simple suggestion to experimentally combine hot and cold fusion technologies - a SAFIRE/ST40 hybrid - maybe throw in some fissile material too if we need more neutrons - ie remove the scientific bias that has inevitably arisen for the different schools of thought. Still no price cut in second-hand tokamaks yet though, so only small-scale experiments are possible (like pressure-cooker dimensions?).

Well, look, there are a lot of claims about LENR. Many otherwise credible people claim they've seen it. I agree with you it would be great to have more competent research and fewer unsupported or poorly supported claims. It's pretty telling that Darden only verified Rossi's fraud by accident (when he used an unfueled reactor without knowing it)! We need a lot better than that. With so many people making the claims, maybe there really is something to find. Personally, I think this should be private and entrepreneurial research. I doubt that the level of evidence is good enough to justify using tax payer resources in the US for it.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.