Rossi-Blog Comment Discussion

• Here in the real world, if you want to save 20% on your fuel bill, you will buy a heat pump, or a newer model gas fired furnace, or you will improve insulation. Here is what no sane person would ever install or use, and what no corporation would think of installing, because it would violate many laws and regulations:

A nuclear reactor that works by unknown principles, that has never been tested or certified by anyone, that is remote controlled from another state, and that the inventor claims produces dangerous radiation and sometimes goes out of control. A reactor so large that even a conventional heater of that size is inherently dangerous. A reactor which any experienced HVAC engineer will see at a glance is engineered incorrectly in very dangerous ways, and does not include the required safety instrumentation and devices that have been mandated since steam engines were invented. Even if the Rossi gadgets are actually electric heaters, they are so badly made, and so dangerous, that a ~1 kW unit almost exploded in a way that would have severely injured or killed people. The larger one that supposedly generated 1 MW was actually no more than a 20 kW heater, but it was still very dangerous, and if it had actually been a 1 MW heater it would have killed everyone in the building within minutes.

Jed, Jed, Jed,

We’ve been down this road many times,

Your above diatribe has been repeated by many, including myself, always getting the same rebuttal.

You simply cannot argue with the faithful.

They believe what they are told to believe

and nothing you or me or anyone else says is going to change they’re mind, nothing.

Like lemmings, following they’re leader over the cliff, they will always obey, always believe and never lose faith that their leader will deliver them.

Frank Akland at least, has a financial motivator, the rest of these poor gullible people, alas, they have only faith in a conman.

• What I cannot understand is how people like Mats Lewan can buy into this. I read he studied engineering physics just like I did. How did that prepare him for taking Rossi at his word in total abandonment of the scientific method? I see him on ECW engaging in conversations with the stupidest posters on that site, conspiracy theorists who question all science in general. I consider myself a skeptic about the science establishment as well but Mats is coming off as nothing more than a Rossi stooge.

• I question all science in general. The mainstream thinks they understand just about everything, but in reality they don't know anything at all. If they did, they would have already figured out how to harness and manipulate gravity, inertia, and mass. Instead, we're still using rockets for propulsion like we did a hundred years ago. The truth is that due to the extreme cultish behavior of the mainstream scientific community, we're in a dark ages.

• I would like to ask someone to please record the presentation as it is being broadcast live. I have a bad feeling that once it has been completed the version that is posted will be edited. If Rossi slips up and says something he shouldn't, he could very well go back and delete it.

• I sent a post to JONP and it will be interesting to see if he can respond.

>> copied <<

Andrea,

I wish you the very best life and success with your efforts.

Can you please say if there are any constraints by persons or any government agency to

manage the use of or control the release of technology based on your system and science?

If you do not post this I will assume the affirmative.

• I question all science in general. The mainstream thinks they understand just about everything, but in reality they don't know anything at all. If they did, they would have already figured out how to harness and manipulate gravity, inertia, and mass. Instead, we're still using rockets for propulsion like we did a hundred years ago. The truth is that due to the extreme cultish behavior of the mainstream scientific community, we're in a dark ages.

Director, out of curiosity, what is your level of scientific education/training/experience?

• I read both Rossi skeptics and Rossi believers comments.Reading both

gives me a more balanced view on

Rossi and his technology.

• What I cannot understand is how people like Mats Lewan can buy into this

Well, the answer is probably HOPE. Hope of a better-pollution-free future....

And the fact that it was not Rossi that started Nickel / hydrogen research.....but came from real scientists originally......but may be Rossi found the secret sauce of get it going?

If the 1% chance come true, and Rossi are the real thing, then the following should be remembered:

Rossi didn’t really invent something from scratch, but rather developed further upon what was done by Professor Sergio Focardi in the early 1990’s at the University of Bologna. He (and Piantelli) did nickel-hydrogen reactor experiments, and got Heat out larger than what could be explained by any chemical reactions.

Focardi further published a few papers in the 1990’s on the subject in a scientific Journal (peer-reviewed ;-)… )

- Focardi S, Habel R, Piantelli F (January 1994): "Anomalous Heat Production in Ni-H Systems". Il Nuovo Cimento A, Volume 107 A, Number 1, 163–167
    - Focardi S, Gabbani V, Montalbano V, Piantelli F, Veronesi S (November 1998). "Large excess heat production in Ni-H systems". Il Nuovo Cimento A, 111 (11): 1233–1242. OCLC 204819206. 
    - Neutron emission in Ni-H systems. Il Nuovo Cimento A (1971-1996), Volume 112, Number 9, 921–931. Authors: Battaglia, Daddi, Focardi, Gabbani, Montalbano, Piantelli, Sona, Veronesi. Retrieved on SpringerLink.

Later Rossi contacted Focardi with some creative ideas to possible increase power levels….

In Professor Focardi’s own words:
    "After that, at a certain point ... I was running the risk of dying of a tumor. I was lucky, I found a good doctor who saved my life, and so I retired, I stopped working (as a professor, obviously), but kept on … then I did quit for a while … until Rossi looked me up……. and I could see that he had some innovative ideas; for instance, he immediately thought of using powder. Powder increases the surfaces involved……"

What I cannot understand is how people like Mats Lewan can buy into this.

Yes, and also Brian Josephson, the late Kullander, Focardi, Essen and many others. They approved Rossi's claims based on grossly insufficient evidence though in some cases, with some qualifications.

Why did so many financial experts fail to see that Bernie Madoff's performance was impossible? ... before they invested millions of dollars with him? Or at least, that his claims were highly improbable and his company was insufficiently transparent to evaluate properly?

Will we be asking similar questions about Tanzella, McKubre, and others with respect to Brillouin, a few years from now? And GEC? And BLP? And whatever it was that Gates supposedly funded?

I suspect so.

Meanwhile, every so-called demonstration Rossi has ever done has been a hilarious fiasco. Why should this particular one be any different?

• Will we be asking similar questions about Tanzella, McKubre, and others with respect to Brillouin, a few years from now? And GEC? And BLP? And whatever it was that Gates supposedly funded?

I suspect so.

A skeptopath is skeptical of everyone... How boringly predictable. Manged to read the Brillouin paper yet? Or still just pissing into the wind?

• I have posted links on ECat World from Lenr Forum so anyone that

puts in an effort can soon find the

skeptic comments.

I have commented that the skeptics

could be right that Rossi has nothing.

But I am still a believer.Think a lot

about your point on Energy in Energy

out comments.

Talk after the demo R67.

• This is not a high pressure system. Even if the reactor tube did fail, it would crack, the gas would leak out, and everyone around would be okay. Even the lithium would quickly cool and become a solid. You are tremendously overstating the safety risks. I would say this technology is no more dangerous than a high powered thyratron. Yes, they can destroy themselves sometimes. But a small amount of shielding will prevent any shrapnel from hurting anyone.

We know you think that, Director. However, you would also use the words "not fully understood new type of nuclear reaction" to describe the reactors operation.

To imagine that such a device would be allowed within 1000 miles of human population without regulatory compliance which it certainly would not (though this is a thought experiment given the conspicuous lack of any such device) have. That is magical thinking indeed.

Imagine (hypothetically) the press when the news got out that company X was using a novel nuclear device from a shady ex-con inventor that did appear to actually work, generated 40MW of power, had never been externally evaluated for safety, and had an operating mechanism not understood by science. Reporters would soon uncover that said inventor himself claimed to have been damaged by unknown rays from the device. The words unknown risk, coupled with nuclear, seem to have a strong affect on the popular imagination. One reason regulatory agencies are so strict.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.