Rossi-Blog Comment Discussion

• Official Post

It's just a guess but maybe they wouldn't have done that had it been worth a few billion dollars as any working and practical LENR power reactor would be.

IH knew their decision to turn over their rights to the IP was the right one, when Rossi abandoned the Doral technology, and tore apart the 1MW plant soon after the settlement.

• at a point in time when the facts were unclear.

Mmm. To us outsiders it was certainly unclear. For some reason though I believe it was not equally unclear to the parties involved... I'm pretty sure that IH knew there were extremely valuable IP involved, but they were for various reasons (Flintstone, incompetence, etc) unable to run a plant continuously like Rossi did. And at that point Rossi also became aware that IH were not going to pay even though he fulfilled his part of the agreement (due to either lack of cash or a simply the idea that they had the contractual upper hand - timeline, Penon, signatures, etc. Woodford plant demos sort of proves that). IH was counting on this and it would probably have worked out if Rossi had not sued promptly.

• I don't know how exactly Rossi flummoxed Professor Essen

***Well, at least we all know something here. Y'all don't KNOW, you can't pinpoint HOW it was done, ya just SUSPECT it was done SOMEHOW. Do you need to be pointed to the obvious, that this settles nothing? The misanthRossic crowd will keep hounding on the corners of this case, and the Rossiphiles will keep saying that you don't have proof, let alone even a preponderance of evidence. It is an inductive stalemate.

but apparently, Essen and Kullander were not very good skeptics

***Standard hounding from the corners of an inductive stalemate.

they allowed Rossi to participate in the disassembly of the "reactor" which gave him the opportunity to place purchased 62Ni into the "ash."

***Keep in mind that the other alternative was that there was a nuclear reactor activated, it was measured by Power In and Heat Out by some reasonably skeptical ... uhh... Skeptics ... from the Swedish Skeptical Society, and one of the results was transmuted fuel ash. This is good. It actually narrows down the possibilities between either Rossi is a genius con man or he's a genius inventor. He would have had to salt the ash right in front of the skeptics, which makes him a pretty brazen con man. But at least we are settled onto only 2 realistic options. How again did 7 scientists screw up a relatively simple measurement of Power In (Watts) and Heat Out (Watts)?

I don't know what "Fraud Detection Kit" Essen supposedly used. Do you?

***I tried to find it using Google. It appears to have gone down the google memory black hole.

• IH knew their decision to turn over their rights to the IP was the right one, when Rossi abandoned the Doral technology, and tore apart the 1MW plant soon after the settlement.

Depends on how you read the license agreement and if you consider qx and sk technology a part of it, right? And why would Rossi leave anything behind after the settlement and he got his IP back? There's absolutely no upside for him leaving clues about the Doral plant behind ... You're not making sense.

• IH knew their decision to turn over their rights to the IP was the right one, when Rossi abandoned the Doral technology, and tore apart the 1MW plant soon after the settlement.

The Doral technology had a possible legal dragline attached to it, and Rossi seems to have moved onto some new whizbang project, as usual. And I think Rossi might have salted the reactor when he handed it over. In essence, it was like a car that's gonna revv real great for a few minutes but , because it has sugar in the gas tank, it's gonna die. Permanently. To the point that it's not even worth trying to revive.

• Official Post

Depends on how you read the license agreement and if you consider qx and sk technology a part of it, right?

Could be, although IH had rights to any improvements on the Ecat technology. Would that include the SK? Had IP kept their rights, and if Rossi comes through on the SK, the issue probably would have been decided in court.

I do not think IH is sweating this though.

• Could be, although IH had rights to any improvements on the Ecat technology. Would that include the SK? Had IP kept their rights, and if Rossi comes through on the SK, the issue probably would have been decided in court.

Not anymore, of course. But prior to the settlement, absolutely. I remember Dewey going off on a tangent about the QX at the time. And as you hint. It is worth a lot to Rossi not having to settle this in court by the time the QX/SK hit the market.

• Could be, although IH had rights to any improvements on the Ecat technology. Would that include the SK?

***Why would they be interested in improvements on worthless technology? Because it was NOT worthless. Otherwise, they'd have settled a year earlier and saved $5M in legal fees.

Had IP (uhh, I think you mean IH) kept their rights, and if Rossi comes through on the SK, the issue probably would have been decided in court.

***Rossi probably wouldn't have gone down the Fred Flintstone path and improving his "worthless" IP into the SK if he had been treated more imperially, the usual complaint from someone as Mercurial as Rossi. They obviously had a falling out. There's evidence that it was because they were looking to develop the IP with someone other than Rossi.

***They were not shaken from the LENR tree. That's an inductive touchpoint that the misLENRists will need to deal with.

• Official Post

Could be, although IH had rights to any improvements on the Ecat technology. Would that include the SK?

***Why would they be interested in improvements on worthless technology? Because it was NOT worthless. Otherwise, they'd have settled a year earlier and saved $5M in legal fees.

That agreement was written in October 2012. They thought at the time the tech may be real, or at least there was a chance it was. If not, they never would have gone through with the deal.

• Official Post

***Rossi probably wouldn't have gone down the Fred Flintstone path and improving his "worthless" IP into the SK if he had been treated more imperially, the usual complaint from someone as Mercurial as Rossi. They obviously had a falling out. There's evidence that it was because they were looking to develop the IP with someone other than Rossi.

Rossi has a history of falling out with just about everyone. Even Lewan admitted he does not work well with others. IH is just the latest, although I hear he blocked the Swedes about a year ago, which would make them the latest. Infinite Energy Magazine probably knew him best, and wrote of some examples of his mercurial nature, and basically said "sayonara" (extent of my Japanese :) ).

• So do you still think everything that Rossi does and says is real? That the QX and SK actually exist and are not just elaborate hoaxes? That the Doral 1MW plant sea container wasn't just rented to himself? This amazes me but shows how some of the most intelligent people can be fooled if they want to believe in something enough - and THAT'S how he fooled the Swedish professors and the rest by playing on the strength of their perceived belief systems.

• That agreement was written in October 2012. They thought at the time the tech may be real, or at least there was a chance it was. If not, they never would have gone through with the deal.

Of course they did. But the issue is what the thought during the time of the court case. Why did they not simply offer the IP back right away. I believe it was said Rossi even offered to buy it back early in the process, but IH denied.

• Official Post

Of course they did. But the issue is what the thought during the time of the court case. Why did they not simply offer the IP back right away. I believe it was said Rossi even offered to buy it back early in the process, but IH denied.

Maybe they had other things on their mind. Here is this guy who just sued them out of the blue, for close to $300 million. His suit said nothing about wanting his IP back. He wanted money..lots of it. In their shoes, would your first thought be to offer his IP back? I do not think so.

Anyways, we do not know the whole story. Rossi claimed to Lewan that he offered IH $15 million in June 2015 (during the Doral test) to walk away, and said they refused. Dewey claims that was BS. Only thing we know for sure, is that IH did hand over the IP to Rossi *after* he asked for it, right after the first mistrial was declared. In return they walked away.

• That agreement was written in October 2012. They thought at the time the tech may be real, or at least there was a chance it was. If not, they never would have gone through with the deal.

They paid an additional $5M on lawyers' fees and held out for the IP. In the end, they had to give it up in order to settle. If the IP was worthless, they would have settled more than a year earlier. Your post does not address that.

Reading through their countersuit, it is obviously NOT one that states, over and over, that they were swindled, the IP was worthless, they'd gladly give it all back for a settlement, and they want nothing more to do with this guy Rossi other than to be allowed as signatories on a future criminal fraud complaint. Nope. It does not read like that at all. It reads like a company that self-admittedly states:

It's an option on future value. ...possible that someone In the future might..be able to do something with this IP.

• Good point, and we have much to thank them for that. Something for all Rossi believers to keep in mind...IH is a friend of LENR.

Well, they better be, since they sold the concept singing and dancing to Woodford for a hefty $50M... Come to think of it - that is almost 5x the investment in Rossi... Perspectives...

Actually, where did that money go. Deducting 11.5 + 5M for their failure to pocket Rossi IP, I guess they paid some peanuts for other LENR IP (but mostly options on IH stock I guess). So that leaves maybe $30M on the table ... Hmmm???

• Rossi has a history of falling out with just about everyone. Even Lewan admitted he does not work well with others. IH is just the latest, although I hear he blocked the Swedes about a year ago, which would make them the latest. Infinite Energy Magazine probably knew him best, and wrote of some examples of his mercurial nature, and basically said "sayonara" (extent of my Japanese :) ).

What's your take on that angle?

Is he an incredible jerk sitting on $Trillion IP but can't stop being an arrogant Adam Henry? At the very least, he's able to keep a lid on it long enough to hornswaggle Focardi/Piantelli, the Swedes, IH and a few others.

Or is it just schtick, how a con man knows he HAS to operate to maneuver into the positions he wants? Of course, he could be a sociopathic jerk who finds it FUN to be an Adam Henry as part of the con...

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.