Rossi-Blog Comment Discussion

• THAT'S how he fooled the Swedish professors

That's some MAGICAL fairydust powers he has, the ability to get 7 scientists to mismeasure a black box just looking at Power In (Watts) and Heat Out (Watts).

Anyone who can get people to lose that much contact with reality would already be a multi$Billionaire, like Steven Jobs and his "reality distortion field".

• Anyways, we do not know the whole story. Rossi claimed to Lewan that he offered IH $15 million in June 2015 (during the Doral test) to walk away, and said they refused. Dewey claims that was BS.

We went through that over and over again on the Rossi v. Darden thread. It was shown that the offer was put up onto the JONP website, and that other items from the JONP website had been entered into the docket so entering this supposedly disingenuous offer would have been easy peasy.

At that point the judge could use her leverage to generate a settlement which probably would have looked EXACTLY like the Status Quo Ante Bellum settlement that WAS generated... hint hint.

Dewey had a lot of problems with that, not being able to see the difference between admissible evidence and unwritten Rossisez nonsense. IIRC even the supposedly resident legal scholar around here was arguing that just because prior JONP items had been entered onto the docket, doesn't mean this thing was admissible. And that guy claims to be a freakin' LAWYER.

• Rossi has a history of falling out with just about everyone. Even Lewan admitted he does not work well with others. IH is just the latest, although I hear he blocked the Swedes about a year ago, which would make them the latest.

Rossi is obviously lacking some of the people skills useful to make a career in business, politics or whatever organization of any size. Not that uncommon among inventors I suppose. I believe this is his prime weakness. Some people though, like Lewan, Hydro Fusion, Fabiani, Cassarino, etc seams to understand this and are both able to support when needed and back off when that is needed (so far). To be honest I believe Darden was pretty close to get this, but he was too filled up with himself and the pressure from investors and the timelines in the agreement made it difficult to succeed - so he failed miserably. What is interesting is that the critics BOTH argue that Rossi is impossible to work with AND able to fool all attending expert into anything he wishes. That is pretty unique...

• Official Post

What's your take on that angle?

Is he an incredible jerk sitting on $Trillion IP but can't stop being an arrogant Adam Henry? At the very least, he's able to keep a lid on it long enough to hornswaggle Focardi/Piantelli, the Swedes, IH and a few others.

Or is it just schtick, how a con man knows he HAS to operate to maneuver into the positions he wants? Of course, he could be a sociopathic jerk who finds it FUN to be an Adam Henry as part of the con...

I think there is a reasonable chance he had, or has something, but not on the order of what he claimed, or claims. I find it hard to believe he did fool Focardi at first. After 16 years research, Focardi of all would understand the difficulties involved, and mistrust anyone walking in the door claiming to have mastered what he failed to accomplish. He would have been particularly on guard after finding out Rossi's past. I read enough about him to know also that he valued his reputation, and would not put it at risk based on another mans word. He would insist on a thorough vetting process before doing that.

Then there was the Oct 6th 2011 demo that may have passed muster. The first HotCat test in Ferrara with the Swedes, is still in play. LDM is doing a good job of resurrecting Lugano. Then, as I have said before, there are some tantalizing tidbits spread throughout the court documents. And in my role as Mod, getting a behind the scenes look at the many in the field (surprising really) who think he has something...well, I have to leave open the door.

But is he a jerk? You bet he is. I can never forgive his criminal antics at Doral, or his pledge to the cancer children. Nor condone his abuse of JONP with sockpuppets, and outright lying for years about customers and factories that did not materialize (except for IH). If he comes through on the SK (which I highly doubt), my harsh assessment of him may mellow a bit, but not much.

• He knew he could easily fool the Swedish profs before he went there - no magic involved he just bamboozled them in his broken English Italian accent which none of them could understand anyway - a ploy he has used in all his demos so he makes sure NOBODY understands what the F""" is going on. Keeps its opaque because transparency would reveal a load of BS.

Dewey claims that was BS.

Unless you are accusing Dewey Weaver of lying, that should read "Dewey knows that was BS [what Rossi said])." Because Dewey Weaver is an investor in IH and received regular progress reports by direct contacts. Correct me if that's wrong.

• Official Post

Unless you are accusing Dewey Weaver of lying, that should read "Dewey knows that was BS [what Rossi said])." Because Dewey Weaver is an investor in IH and received regular progress reports by direct contacts. Correct me if that's wrong.

Of course not. I like Dewey, and very much appreciate what he is doing for a field long on enemies, and short on friends.

• Unless you are accusing Dewey Weaver of lying, that should read "Dewey knows that was BS [what Rossi said])." Because Dewey Weaver is an investor in IH and received regular progress reports by direct contacts. Correct me if that's wrong.

It didn't matter if Dewey KNEW it was bs or didn't know it. What mattered was that the offer was posted up on the JONP where it could be entered onto the docket, like other items on the JONP blog had been. But Industrial Heat chose not to enter that particular piece of info into the docket. Even if the offer was disingenuous, the judge could use that offer as leverage by telling the jury that , since Rossi had issued an offer that was a lie, he was the reason why y'all are stuck here doing jury duty, that kind of thing.

With that in mind, that Rossi had offered to pay up to $15M for the IP and ended up paying $zero while Industrial Heat had to RETURN all the IP for the settlement, that settlement was a Rossi net win. But I still doubt that he would have won the lawsuit requiring IH to pay out the $89M. He might have won some consolation prize of $100k plus lawyer expenses paid.

• I don't think that TorkMo will ever be able to grasp that JNOP is a singularly managed stew that promotes one thing and that truth is not part of that recipe.

I see that Dewey L00zey Dumbdrop once again started off the conflagration with personal insults. Don't start nuthin', won't be nuthin', Dumbdrop.

You seem incapable of learning what the word "admissible" means for legal proceedings. Anything on the JONP blog was admissible evidence, and some of it even WAS admitted as evidence. A disingenuous offer of $15M for IP from Rossi is ADMISSIBLE, you IDIOT.

• But is he a jerk? You bet he is.

Either

he is a jerk with possibly $Trillion IP or

he is a jerk con man with NO Intellectual Property.

Either way the starting point is that he's a jerk.

Looks like you're more on the side of him holding real IP. Interestingly enough, so is Industrial Heat, judging by their entry into the docket:

"It's an option on future value. ...possible that someone In the future might...be able to do something with this IP."

And also, Why would they be interested in improvements on worthless technology? Because it was NOT worthless. Otherwise, they'd have settled a year earlier and saved $5M in legal fees.

• And also, Why would they be interested in improvements on worthless technology? Because it was NOT worthless. Otherwise, they'd have settled a year earlier and saved $5M in legal fees.

The only way they could settle would be to pay Rossi the money he was demanding, hundreds of millions of dollars. He wasn't suing them for the IP. He was suing them for non-payment of the contract. It was up to him to drop the lawsuit, not I.H.

• The only way they could settle would be to pay Rossi the money he was demanding, hundreds of millions of dollars. He wasn't suing them for the IP. He was suing them for non-payment of the contract. It was up to him to drop the lawsuit, not I.H.

Rossi posted on his blog an offer to buy back his IP for $15M. They could have gone to the judge and said they want to accept this offer.

I know, I know, it's incredibly difficult to get people like Dewey to take their eyes off the fact that the offer was disingenuine. But any judge who sees a fake offer get accepted and stomped on, is likely to inform the jury that the reason why they've been stuck here for several months is that very offer. Those kinds of things are devastating to court cases. Never piss off the judge.

Industrial Heat could have put a stop to the whole charade a year earlier and didn't. Instead, they posted their desire to get Rossi's IP in the countersuit, paid lawyers $5M to stay in the game for a year, and ended up having to transfer out the IP anyways.

• Now, the way I recall the refund offer story was that a poster on ECW suggested some sort of settlement that might be amicable rather than the increasingly nasty lawsuit progression and may have suggested a money back offer of some sort, that then was reposted to JoNP and subsequently blown all out of proportion, since both Rossi and Dewey were surprised about this and as a result of misunderstandings both said some stuff. The original ECW poster was quite understandably flustered and upset by the way it blew up.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.