Rossi-Blog Comment Discussion

• Para - I see that you are also living rent free in Tork's head. All you have to do is rattle the cage once then sit back and watch what happens.

There's a certain measure of truth to that, Hewey Dewey Lewzie Dumbdrop, because everyone can see that you are the first to downshit into insults, time and again, like some kind of insecure lewzer. But others need to be careful because you might once again threaten everyone here with lawsuits like you did on the previous thread and Eric Walker had to move a bunch of stuff off thread. When is your next tantrum scheduled for?

• You seem to be having difficulties seeing the true story through your own prejudices, even with refreshed access to the original facts of the story corroborated in JoNP posts, ECW posts, and posts here on LF. Since you seem surprised that the seed of an offer might have begun here that was refused by Rossi in his reply to Ruby Shale, I think that you may have missed some recent posts.

A timeline of events may be helpful, being cautious of course of the time zones being used.

• No, I never did, and I never would. I would never consider a statement on a blog an "offer." That's absurd.

Suppose I am thinking of moving, and I tell a friend, "I am going to make an offer for that house for $250,000." But I never call the real estate broker. That's not an offer. Even if the broker somehow hears about our conversation, she will not fill in paperwork, come to my door, and demand a downpayment. I cannot be held to it. I cannot be sued for breach of contract if I do not follow through. In conventional English, an "offer" is something you extend to the party you are negotiating with, not something you blab on the internet. Or write in your diary, or whisper to a friend. Kevmolenr has a different definition of "offer" that I and others experienced in business have never heard of.

• Well, my my! There was an offer made by an IH investor/employee/deep insider -- Dewey Denier Himself !!!!!

Have IH let their E-Cat License lapse by inaction?

Dewey Weaver

Argon - Thanks for the effort. It's very simple. Rossi can have peace by buying back the IH license and the IH 1MW unit for $11.5M along with standard terms for when parties end agreements. He has a limited window of opportunity to move. There is only truth and zero testosterone in the prospect of treble damages. In the interim, IH is proceeding with it's gameplan.

• Official Post

I am a little lost as to why we veered off the beaten path of trashing Rossi, and into the weeds with this offer thing...and what it means to each side if it was a real offer, or not. Say Dewey was serious about his non-binding offer, and that he had gotten verbal permission from Darden to float it on the blogosphere; does that reflect more poorly on IH, or Rossi?

Speaking as a proud member of team anti-Rossi, I would think it is a wash. That it was simply a normal part of the process, where plaintiff/defendant (Rossi/IH) feel each other out, to try and establish a baseline for what they *might* be willing to settle for. Dewey took advantage of an opportunity provided by Argon with his offer, and Rossi appears to have seen that as a sign of weakness/desperation, and rejected -with a little bluster thrown in for good measure to excite his supporters.

It is called negotiation. No matter whether face to face, lawyer to lawyer, or blog post to blog post, that is how it is played out in the real world. At least that is how I see it.

• I am a little lost as to why we veered off the beaten path of trashing Rossi, and into the weeds with this offer thing...and what it means to each side if it was a real offer, or not. Say Dewey was serious about his non-binding offer, and that he had gotten verbal permission from Darden to float it on the blogosphere; does that reflect more poorly on IH, or Rossi?

Speaking as a proud member of team anti-Rossi, I would think it is a wash. That it was simply a normal part of the process, where plaintiff/defendant (Rossi/IH) feel each other out, to try and establish a baseline for what they *might* be willing to settle for. Dewey took advantage of an opportunity provided by Argon with his offer, and Rossi appears to have seen that as a sign of weakness/desperation, and rejected -with a little bluster thrown in for good measure to excite his supporters.

It is called negotiation. No matter whether face to face, lawyer to lawyer, or blog post to blog post, that is how it is played out in the real world. At least that is how I see it.

It is obvious that IH would settle for getting their money back. They knew the devices did not work and being sensible did not want the distraction and cost of a legal action. who would? Except Rossi...

• It is obvious that IH would settle for getting their money back. They knew the devices did not work . . .

Maybe not 100% "obvious" at the time, but very likely. It is obvious in retrospect, since they did, in fact, surrender the IP. I don't know why they would do that earlier. In exchange for what?

Based on the statement they asked me to post at LENR-CANR.org, statements made by Dewey here, and the lawsuit transcripts, I have the impression that I.H. was not expecting Rossi to file a lawsuit. I think they expected Rossi would take his money and go away. After defrauding them for $11 million, he had a lot of chutzpah filing that lawsuit to get so much more money. Wasn't it $89 million * 3? He was hoping to win on the strength of the Penon report, which was garbage. I suppose the only way he might have won would be to bamboozle an exceptionally stupid jury. I do not know how the legal system works, but isn't it likely that would be reversed?

I wouldn't know . . . I am only speculating, but perhaps his real strategy was to make himself an expensive nuisance and a threat to I.H. until they paid him off with a second round. Maybe another $11 million? Did he really hope to get $267 million??

It is a terrible tragedy. The worst blow against cold fusion in the long, dreary history of this benighted field.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.