Rossi-Blog Comment Discussion

• I ended up thinking that the entire exploration of settlement with Argon was faked to set-up for the R'ster to deliver his "they can't sell what they don't own" diatribe. Classic Planet Rossi.

Argon was a real, non-Rossi person, and was upset about the misunderstanding.

And, yes, Dewey, you did treat Argon unfairly several times by insinuating association with the Rossi sock puppet mill.

Edit: Found where Argon pissed off Dewey, so might have to call it even.

• No, I never did, and I never would. I would never consider a statement on a blog an "offer." That's absurd. At the time, I had no idea whether Rossi actually made this offer to I.H. They said later they never heard from him. They have far more credibility than he does, so I will take their word for it.

You're just backtracking, trying to access the Humpty Dumpty version of the word because you don't like the implication. You had no trouble with me using the word "offer" at the time.

• You seem to be having difficulties seeing the true story through your own prejudices,

***The same EXACT thing can be said of you. The difference is that I expressed the same sentiments AT the TIME, and no one was backtracking then about the word "offer" using Humpty Dumpty language.

even with refreshed access to the original facts of the story corroborated in JoNP posts,

***Nonsense. Even at the time we noticed that Rossi had pulled the offer from his blog. It seems obvious that he invented a Ruby Carat like sock puppet to rearrange the narrative.

ECW posts, and posts here on LF. Since you seem surprised that the seed of an offer

***Seed of a what? That word is being redefined by HumptyDumptyites.

might have begun here that was refused by Rossi in his reply to Ruby Shale,

***Ruby Shale is a sock puppet. There's a yuge duhhh factor here.

I think that you may have missed some recent posts.

***I think you have a blind eye to the truth.

A timeline of events may be helpful, being cautious of course of the time zones being used.

***Best of luck with that. Rossi pulled the offer from his blog, the thread was ransacked by Eric Walker in his ridiculous approach to moderating, Dewey threatened to sue everyone involved in the thread, and it was a gigantic cluster frack. But you hold onto that thought.

• Suppose I am thinking of moving, and I tell a friend, "I am going to make an offer for that house for $250,000." But I never call the real estate broker. That's not an offer.

***Suppose you write on your blog that you offered $250k for the same house.

Even if the broker somehow hears about our conversation, she will not fill in paperwork, come to my door, and demand a downpayment.

***But the owner of the house can come to you if you post an offer for $250k for the house worth $10k and accept the offer, so you quickly pull the offer from your blog and invent a sock puppet to change the narrative.

I cannot be held to it.

***My employer just published a retraction of a deal offered in a circular because there was a mistake. They HAD to publish the retraction or someone will hold them to it. You CAN be held to any offer posted on a blog.

I cannot be sued for breach of contract if I do not follow through.

***Sure you can. Anyone can sue anyone else for practically anything.

In conventional English, an "offer" is something you extend to the party you are negotiating with,

***And in the context of 2 people entangled in a legal dispute, an offer to settle is really only aimed at ONE other party.

not something you blab on the internet.

***Tell that to my employer. Try to learn what an offer is, by legal definition. You're trying to redefine it using Humpty Dumpty language.

Or write in your diary, or whisper to a friend.

***This isn't writing in a diary nor whispering to a friend, it is a public bulletin board.

Kevmolenr has a different definition of "offer"

***Yes. The LEGAL definition. You have a HumptyDumptyLuddite definition.

that I and others experienced in business have never heard of.

***Then explain why my employer had to rescind their mistaken offer. Explain why Rossi didn't leave the offer/nonoffer up on the blog for everyone to see because it's so unbeholden. You didn't have trouble with the word 'offer' 18 months ago until you realized just how ridiculous this situation makes IH look. Instead of rearranging your logic, you should hold to your logical principles and just suck it up that you're going down a Humpty Dumpty Rabbit hole.

• So who posted the offer you speak of on JoNP?

Where did "we" report noticing this?

(ECW would have been all over it, even if the post later disappeared)

It was right here on the Rossi vs. Darden thread. Jed admitted it at the time, but he has had a Humpty Dumpty change of heart since then. Too bad he's letting his feelings dictate his logic.

BTW, EcatWorld went down around this time, for several days. One of the reasons why I wandered over here.

• It is obvious that IH would settle for getting their money back.

That is what I was saying AT The Time.

It was a mystery why they did not accept it, but once you realize that Rossi quickly pulled the offer and then replaced the narrative with his Ruby Slippers sock puppet, Rossi dodged a bullet at the time. Note that I said this was very significant, but the resident legal scholar around here was saying it wasn't.

• “I am a little lost as to why we veered off the beaten path of trashing Rossi”

From what I can tell, it is just typiical of the new kevmo-forum, of which you must be very proud, Shane.

It beats having anti-science Luddites like you pontificating about papers he never read, and saying that your OWN

comments are not intended to further science.

• But the owner of the house can come to you if you post an offer for $250k for the house worth $10k and accept the offer, so you quickly pull the offer from your blog and invent a sock puppet to change the narrative.

No, the owner cannot do that, and I do not need to "pull" the offer. It has no legal significance. It is just blather. The owner might call and say: "Hey, I've heard you want to pay $250 K. I'd like that! Please call the broker and let's put this in motion." It can be an informal start to negotiation. But no one can hold you to anything until you put it in writing, in a message to the broker (or the owner acting as his own broker).

• No, the owner cannot do that,

Yes the owner CAN do that. It's why Rossi pulled the offer and then put up the sock puppet exchange. It's why my employer rescinded the factually incorrect offer in the advertisement. I have seen at least 3 court cases where people accepted offers which were later rescinded, so they went all the way through the court system.

If a person has the wherewithal, they can make the rescinding party wish they'd never been born.

• Official Post

That's what I'm getting at. He created a sock puppet named Ruby Shale to make it look like Ruby Carat. Or to make fun of her.

Ruby Carat interviewed Rossi in his Miami Beach condo several years ago. I agree she may have been on his mind when he created the Ruby Shale sockpuppet, but it would not be to make fun of her. Reminds me of when Rossi was into naming his sockpuppets after his soccer/tennis/futbol stars. Someone here made a comparison, and it was funny.

• It was right here on the Rossi vs. Darden thread. Jed admitted it at the time, but he has had a Humpty Dumpty change of heart since then. Too bad he's letting his feelings dictate his logic.

BTW, EcatWorld went down around this time, for several days. One of the reasons why I wandered over here.

The record of posts at ECW there has no gaps of significance in the time period we are discussing. I just reviewed the ECW comments from a week before to a week after the Ruby Shale reply, looking for the evidence of offers. Perhaps you can point out to me the approximate time period you are referring too.

If the "offer" post was here, then what is all the noise about JoNP? We are now familiar with the double reply rejection proclamation to "Ruby Shale".

(Rossi was clearly not removing posts from here.)

If memory serves correct, many wandered over here more or less around that time because Dewey, under a different name, was blocked from ECW around April 30, 2016 and he popped up here frequently instead.

• If the "offer" post was here, then what is all the noise about JoNP?

The first question you asked was: "So who posted the offer you speak of on JoNP?" But the answer had such a high duhh factor that I ignored it.

Then you asked,"Where did "we" report noticing this?"

So I answered that.

• The record of posts at ECW there has no gaps of significance in the time period we are discussing.

***Well, I experienced it.

I just reviewed the ECW comments from a week before to a week after the Ruby Shale reply, looking for the evidence of offers.

***Why aren't you reviewing the thread over here? Are you afraid that Dewey will threaten to sue you as well?

Perhaps you can point out to me the approximate time period you are referring too.

***By July 3rd I was stating that it was acknowledged as being on Rossi's blog.

If the "offer" post was here,

***Again, a VERY high duhh factor.

then what is all the noise about JoNP?

***Maybe you should just step back a bit.

We are now familiar with the double reply rejection proclamation to "Ruby Shale".

***Which was a sock puppet interaction, most likely, so that Rossi could cover his tracks in rescinding that offer.

***Again, a high duhh factor, that maybe you can work backwards from.

The first question you asked was: "So who posted the offer you speak of on JoNP?" But the answer had such a high duhh factor that I ignored it.

Then you asked,"Where did "we" report noticing this?"

So I answered that.

• Official Post

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

This is Phelan's pro-Rossi video I posted last night. The comments are interesting to say the least. Fred Z, and our Siffer going at it, mano a mano. Fred makes some comments that corroborates what Dewey has hinted at here recently.

• But no one can hold you to anything until you put it in writing, in a message to the broker (or the owner acting as his own broker).

For real estate, yes, because of the statute of frauds. But not so for pretty much everything else. An oral offer and acceptance are just as binding as those in writing, for example. If you make an offer, and someone accepts it, you're pretty much bound, even if done on a blog.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.