Rossi-Blog Comment Discussion

• It didn't matter if Dewey KNEW it was bs or didn't know it. What mattered was that the offer was posted up on the JONP where it could be entered onto the docket, . But Industrial Heat chose not to enter that particular piece of info into the docket. Even if the offer was disingenuous, the judge could use that offer as leverage by telling the jury that , since Rossi had issued an offer that was a lie, he was the reason why y'all are stuck here doing jury duty, that kind of thing.

With that in mind, that Rossi had offered to pay up to $15M for the IP and ended up paying $zero while Industrial Heat had to RETURN all the IP for the settlement, that settlement was a Rossi net win. But I still doubt that he would have won the lawsuit requiring IH to pay out the $89M. He might have won some consolation prize of $100k plus lawyer expenses paid.

This post above is somewhere around where we started this offer business recently.

What mattered was that the offer was posted up on the JONP where it could be entered onto the docket like other items on the JONP blog had been.

Did we now come to the conclusion that the offer may be the one here on LF, not on JoNP?

Seems that way to me.

With that in mind, that Rossi had offered to pay up to $15M for the IP and ended up paying $zero

Did Rossi offer IH up $15M back? There still seems to be a severe lack of evidence for this.

However there is sufficient evidence that IH (through Dewey) may have suggested that something very similar would be acceptable, here on LF.

Rossi was so against it, replying to Ruby Shale, it seems very unlikely that Rossi suggested any such thing.

Para said: If the "offer" post was here,

Kmo said:***Again, a VERY high duhh factor.

But you originally said it was on JoNP. So ...duhh right back at ya?

Para said: then what is all the noise about JoNP?

Kmo said: ***Maybe you should just step back a bit.

Uh huh.

Quote from Kmo

***Which was a sock puppet interaction, most likely, so that Rossi could cover his tracks in rescinding that offer.

Glad you agree Rossi uses sock puppets.

Quote from Kmo

***Nonsense. Even at the time we noticed that Rossi had pulled the offer from his blog. It seems obvious that he invented a Ruby Carat like sock puppet to rearrange the narrative

Then you asked,"Where did "we" report noticing this?"

So I answered that.

So you are saying that the "offer" was deleted from here then? But we just discussed it. We read what is probably the offer to get Rossi to make an offer a few posts back. Then one more that was even more clear. Here on LF.

Or are you saying there was also some sort of offer on JoNP that was deleted?

Where did we note that the offer had had gone missing? We posted that the offer had gone missing here?

I really don't understand what you mean or previously meant at this point. Perhaps, simply, you can please rephrase the offer story.

Start fresh. We'll forget the bit of confusion earlier, since memories are inexact and the trail is now hot again.

• For real estate, yes, because of the statute of frauds. But not so for pretty much everything else. An oral offer and acceptance are just as binding as those in writing, for example. If you make an offer, and someone accepts it, you're pretty much bound, even if done on a blog.

Yes, contracts can bind when oral rather than written. But for that you need the two parties to engage in a conversation which is not disputed, and has a clear result.

Rossi making an offhand comment on his blog (to please ECW fans, or set up an elaborate story that allows him to make his latest PR point) has no contractual significance because there is no validated interlocutor with which he can seriously reach agreement.

If Darden or an authorised negotiator posted on Rossi blog in a way that could be validated (as not a sock puppet etc) and engaged seriously (it would have to be proven that both parties could reasonably think the matter was serious and binding) in a dialog with Rossi with a clear non-ambiguous conclusion it could make a binding contract.

Well, if the moon were made of green cheese we could go there in a rocket and eat it!

I can't understand where anyone is trying to do with this point, it does not work at so many levels...

I suspect the anti-rational influence of kevMo, but will not make such an accusation since I prefer to keep those pretty blue strips that don't take up so much screen room.

• I can assure everyone that IH would have released Rossi if a credible repayment offer would have been put on the table and closed.

The entire episode was a play to his audience as part of his build up to litigation - it is what he does best. He knew he was going to litigate as part of his escape

plan well before he pulled the trigger 1 day after the "payment" date.

Think about that as well. Who in their honest right mind initiates a US Federal lawsuit 1 day after a payment date?

• I can assure everyone that IH would have released Rossi if a credible repayment offer would have been put on the table and closed.

The entire episode was a play to his audience as part of his build up to litigation - it is what he does best. He knew he was going to litigate as part of his escape

plan well before he pulled the trigger 1 day after the "payment" date.

Think about that as well. Who in their honest right mind initiates a US Federal lawsuit 1 day after a payment date?

Yeah, right.

Look, we should stop posting in ANY related Rossi sub in here, for about one week.

Let's see, which new magic he "suddenly" reveals, because of his attention deficite disorder...

• This post above is somewhere around where we started this offer business recently.

***No, it started earlier. In particular for you, see where Jed admitted the offer was up on JONP.

Kevmo:

What mattered was that the offer was posted up on the JONP where it could be entered onto the docket like other items on the JONP blog had been.

Para:

Did we now come to the conclusion that the offer may be the one here on LF, not on JoNP?

Seems that way to me.

***AMAZING. It says right THERE that it was posted on the JONP and you look right at that sentence and say "the offer may be the one here on LF, not on JoNP"! Someone with your observational capabilities could look at the back end of a horse and see a rainbow.

• Did Rossi offer IH up $15M back? There still seems to be a severe lack of evidence for this.

***It's probably a typo, when someone typing real fast the term $11.5M and the keyboard buffer doesn't catch it, the thing turns out to $15M and on first pass looks the same.

However there is sufficient evidence that IH (through Dewey) may have suggested that something very similar would be acceptable, here on LF. Rossi was so against it, replying to Ruby Shale, it seems very unlikely that Rossi suggested any such thing.

***Rossi posted that sock puppet exchange after removing the original offer so that he could cover his tracks. Even at the time we had noted the removal of the original offer.

Para said: If the "offer" post was here,

Kmo said:***Again, a VERY high duhh factor.

But you originally said it was on JoNP. So ...duhh right back at ya?

***OMG, have you completely lost touch with reality?

• @[email protected] ,

I was chatting on ECW, where a poster said there was a comment by Rossi on JoNP about an offer from IH to quit the Doral test early for some large amount of money, and that comment disappeared.

Could this be what you meant?

Just trying to get this subject sorted out. If there were two different instances, then that might explain a lot of confusion.

• Official Post

Who in their honest right mind initiates a US Federal lawsuit 1 day after a payment date?

somebody who is expecting they won't get paid at all

Alan - that may be the your most absurd statement to date and may also be indicative of your orbit.

Do I take it then that you never told Rossi you were not going to pay, that it came as a total surprise?

• Glad you agree Rossi uses sock puppets.

***It should not surprise you, but I'm certain it does.

Kmo wrote:

***Nonsense. Even at the time we noticed that Rossi had pulled the offer from his blog. It seems obvious that he invented a Ruby Carat like sock puppet to rearrange the narrative

Then you asked,"Where did "we" report noticing this?"

So I answered that.

So you are saying that the "offer" was deleted from here then? But we just discussed it.

***OMG. You go out of your way to misinterpret things. That is the most incredibly lame way of approaching this subject matter. Does your wife threaten to kill you very often?

We read what is probably the offer to get Rossi to make an offer a few posts back. Then one more that was even more clear. Here on LF.

***The only thing that is clear about it is that it is what SURVIVES on Rossi's blog after the discussion here about what was on the blog before that exchange, and that Rossi had removed FOR:OBvious REASONS. AT the TIME, there were those among us who SAW IT on Rossi's blog.It was an acknowledged FACT.

Or are you saying there was also some sort of offer on JoNP that was deleted?

***That's what we were all saying ORIGINALLY. But you have gone out of your way to convolute this thing. Again, maybe you should step back a little, if your intention is to get at the truth of the matter. But someone who goes out of their way to distort things usually isn't really interested in the truth of matters.

• Official Post

@[email protected] ,

I was chatting on ECW, where a poster said there was a comment by Rossi on JoNP about an offer from IH to quit the Doral test early for some large amount of money, and that comment disappeared.

Could this be what you meant?

Just trying to get this subject sorted out. If there were two different instances, then that might explain a lot of confusion.

From an 16 May 2016 article on Lewan's blog:

• During summer 2015, IH offered Rossi to back out from the test and cancel it, with a significant sum of money as compensation. Rossi’s counter offer was to give back the already paid 11.5M and cancel the license agreement, but IH didn’t accept.

Lewan had just met Rossi in Sweden a week prior, and wrote this based on their conversation. Notice he says *first* IH offered to pay him "a significant sum of money". Then Rossi countered to offer giving them their money back.

BTW, Rossi was there to bid on buying a factory for $3-5 million.

• Where did we note that the offer had had gone missing? We posted that the offer had gone missing here?

***You were asked to look at the original Rossi v. Darden thread and you have studiously avoided doing so. Your disortions are deliberate.

I really don't understand what you mean or previously meant at this point.

***Of course you don't. With your incredible ability to look at the back end of a horse and call it a rainbow, we can't expect you to understand anything as long as your predispositions come into play.

Perhaps, simply, you can please rephrase the offer story.

***NO. You have distorted the narrative enough. It is a simple fact that the offer appeared on Rossi's blog and it was discussed on this forum AT the TIME, that both sides agreed the offer had appeared on the blog. And yet, look at what you did with a fact that both sides agreed on.

Start fresh.

***NO. STOP OBFUSCATING.

We'll forget the bit of confusion earlier,

***YOU are the one who created plenty of confusion. Reminds me of a joke. A priest, a prostitute, and a lawyer were all sitting around and the prostitute says hers was the oldest profession. The priest says that his is oldest because God created the World out of Confusion and needed someone to explain it to the rest of us. The lawyer says, "ahh, but who created the confusion?"

since memories are inexact and the trail is now hot again.

***You're attempting to create an opening due to inexactness and deliberately ignoring an acknowledged FACT that both sides agreed to AT the TIME. The trail is nowhere NEAR hot because of Eric Walker's poor moderating on that thread at the time, and Dewey's threats to sue everybody involved. If you really wante to start where the trail was hot, you would begin where both sides agreed to a FACT, that fact being that Rossi posted an offer of compromise on his blog.

• Official Post

A priest, a prostitute, and a lawyer were all sitting around and the prostitute says hers was the oldest profession. The priest says that his is oldest because God created the World out of Confusion and needed someone to explain it to the rest of us. The lawyer says, "ahh, but who created the confusion?"

I thought the lawyer said 'I am member of the oldest profession, and if you don't believe me just check my billed hours.'

• It is amazing how much effort and time goes into digging in all these old sayings and conversations years back in time....

If at all time should be better invested to find out what is the real deal now after the Jan 31st presentation, after the launch and marketing and sales campaign on ECW, e.g. who is Rossi's 40MW customer and global player/partner at the same time, where is his robotic factory, who he has hired (there has to be a huge team in manufacturing,, servicing, installation etc.), which agency he had approached for certification, how this certificate looks like, is there any local authorization to do businesses, report revenues, taxes and expenses, - usually stuff you could find, read, search for or download for serious companies that are registered and do business in the US.

If Rossi has what he says, then there must be a way to find some kind of evidence with the help of the Big Brother out there...the internet does not forget things as we can see here, on ECW, on JONP, etc and should be powerful enough to lift covers at least a bit and switch of the stealth mode of Leonardo's business.

• From an 16 May 2016 article on Lewan's blog:

• During summer 2015, IH offered Rossi to back out from the test and cancel it, with a significant sum of money as compensation. Rossi’s counter offer was to give back the already paid 11.5M and cancel the license agreement, but IH didn’t accept.

Lewan had just met Rossi in Sweden a week prior, and wrote this based on their conversation. Notice he says *first* IH offered to pay him "a significant sum of money". Then Rossi countered to offer giving them their money back.

BTW, Rossi was there to bid on buying a factory for $3-5 million.

I found that a few hours ago also. Notably the time of that post seems to be before the other offer refuted in the Ruby Shale comment.

I have several copies of the entire JoNP saved so if the comment there didn’t come and go quickly I may have it archived.

• Official Post

It is amazing how much effort and time goes into digging in all these old sayings and conversations years back in time....

If at all time should be better invested to find out what is the real deal now after the Jan 31st presentation, after the launch and marketing and sales campaign on ECW, e.g. who is Rossi's 40MW customer and global player/partner at the same time, where is his robotic factory, who he has hired (there has to be a huge team in manufacturing,, servicing, installation etc.), which agency he had approached for certification, how this certificate looks like, is there any local authorization to do businesses, report revenues, taxes and expenses, - usually stuff you could find, read, search for or download for serious companies that are registered and do business in the US.

If Rossi has what he says, then there must be a way to find some kind of evidence with the help of the Big Brother out there...the internet does not forget things as we can see here, on ECW, on JONP, etc and should be powerful enough to lift covers at least a bit and switch of the stealth mode of Leonardo's business.

Never mind all that. We have a new naming contest for the Electric Ecat to distract us! Can not wait for the demo sometime next year to be announced. This could go on for years...yeah.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.