Rossi-Blog Comment Discussion

• Ah yes... a very satisfying asymptote to nothing for the Rossifarian remnant of Planet Rossi. First we have the analog to the chemistry of fire then we move on to an Edison safety lesson. This has become more entertaining that I could have ever imagined. They work hard those Rossifarians - got to hand them that.

It has been predicted here (and on ECW) for quite some time that once LENR products were even threatened to be placed into the marketplace, the next line of attack would be that of safety. And so it is.

• Dream on, to be placed in the market nuclear „products“ have to have a certificate (first they need to work, of course...). Period. Rossi can pull that doubt plug easily by showing such a certificate, and the whole „attack story“ will be gone...

• This is how life and business works on Planet Rossi - everybody can tell or write whatever he wants, the bad boys from outer space (aka we here on Planet Earth) have to accept that is the truth, or provide evidence that shows the fairy tales are fairy tales...why not the other way around? Finally provide proof or products or customers or certificates or independent tests or ...

Life could be so easy, peaceful and beneficial for everybody, if we could finally import some promising goods and products from PR to our world...but unfortunately AR is moving on again with his R&D for again better and more efficient devices (now back to QX times and direct electricity generation).

What could be next? This must be tiresome for many on PR...or just entertaining?

• All this talk about old stuff that was over when Rossi dropped his case. == The only thing I think it is good for is for to let Rossi supporters misdirect attention away from the failed and poorly conducted condo demo

***Nothing prevents you from posting on the thread set up precisely for that purpose.

Rossi E-Cat SK Demo Discussion

.... Face it, his offer, if ever existed, was a failure,

***You're absolutely right, because it was huey lewey Dewey dumbdrop's job to relay that kind of information to his bosses at Industrial Heat and he BLEW it. He caused them $15M damage. But due to all this tribalism, you'll probably keep your mouth shut about what a huge failure Dewey Dumbdrop is.

his demo was a failure,

***Again, post up on the thread dedicated to this...

his suit to try to win 200M was a failure, his thermoelectric chips were failures, his waste treatment was a failure, his gold smuggling was a failure,...... What has he accomplished that actually has a positive observable result for anyone else other than taking money away from other LENR researchers for his own pockets.

***Well, he couldn't have done it without Dewey screwing up, so give credit where credit is due.

• This is how life and business works on Planet Rossi

***What's so bizarre is that I'm considered to be one of the Planet Rossifarians when I came up with this idea to push Rossi around legally like a rag doll. It is proof that the misanthRossist clan have Rossi Derangement Syndrome because they can't stand to see a single positive thing written about the man. It just crawls under their skin, like when I call him a genius con man. It can't possibly be... that he's a genius.... nope, it MUST be that he's an idiot con man and he's managed to surround himself with the most educated idiots in the world and causes a Rossi Reality distortion field whenever he demonstrates this techology that doesn't exist.

• Official Post

Interesting piece Dewey linked, interesting for who wrote it, and also for the first paragraph which contains a remarkable claim. I have no idea what evidence there is to support it.

On 31 January 2019 the inventor Andrea Rossi presented to the public the E-Cat SK reactor, named in memory of the Swedish theoretical physicist prof. Sven Kullander, who - even as former president of the Swedish equivalent of our Cicap - had witnessed private tests and was deeply convinced of the goodness of this invention, to whose development he made an important contribution. Not surprisingly, the Swedish University of Uppsala has already replicated, more than a year ago, the previous generation E-Cat reactor (the Hot-Cat), although no public announcement has been given. But how is the E-Cat SK made and works?

The Author.

Mario Menichella is a physicist who worked at the Communication Office of the National Institute of Nuclear Physics (INFN), and is the author of the book "The secrets of the E-cat" (2011), as well as a long video interview with Sergio Focardi, one of the pioneers of cold fusion research in Italy . He was co-licensee for Italy of the E-Cat technology as co-founder of Prometeon Srl, and subsequently he created the NickeLab Project .

• Not surprisingly, the Swedish University of Uppsala has already replicated, more than a year ago, the previous generation E-Cat reactor (the Hot-Cat), although no public announcement has been given. But how is the E-Cat SK made and works?

This is a claim that Rossi himself was making on his blog a while ago (i.e., more than a year ago). I get the feeling that quite a bit of what we see in Menichella's article comes pretty directly from Rossi.

Who is Menichella?

• Oh yes.. its all about the man suppressing the 5 decade criminal con keeping his latest and greatest out of the hands of humanity.

He has one heck of a PR team though.

Check this out - all three of them:

https://www.esperimentanda.com…re-delle-meraviglie-lenr/

Wow, Rossi indeed has good PR. As we have pointed out here, PR is the one thing PR is very competent at doing.

But it makes you think: in the 10 years since that revolutionary initial e-cat - which BTW was long-term tested at Doral with (according to PR) a COP > 50 and operation of many of the things in parallel, why has no sign of these things actually working for real appeared?

KevMo needs as an inductive touchpoint the fact that despite all the PR no-one, anywhere, has ever got their hands on a working Rossi device. Not even one of the 1st generation now outdated tech devices. Why would that be? And why would Rossi be putting his efforts into direct electricity conversion when there is a very large commercial market for a device that can generate reliable free heat - and perfectly good systems to convert this heat into electricity already converted when that is needed.

It just beggars belief how KevMo et al do not smell a large Rossi-shaped rat when we are distracted from lack of tangible working and undoubtedly disruptive generation N by a new more exciting generation N+1.

• Rossi once claimed on JoNP that he knew the results of this supposed replication.

This seems to be another one of these “telephone game” stories.

There was an article, (Aftenposten?) that when translated, jumbled some sentences about Parkhomov and Jiang replicating Rossi and the Professors doing some sort of replication of Lugano. The result was something that sort of looked like it was reported that the Professors had replicated Rossi. Bo Hoistad then responded to the immediate internet excitement caused by this by saying that this had not been accomplished by the Professors.

It is known that some sort of “replication” using some sort of non radiative calorimetry was attempted by (some of) the Lugano Professors. However the results of this work has not been reported.

Bo Høistad: [ERROR] NOT YET three independent replication experiments showed the wanted excess energy!

Bo Høistad: [ERROR] NOT YET three independent replication experiments showed the wanted excess energy!

Dear Peter

If information is given in a Norwegian newspaper that we have confirmed the Lugano result it is unfortunately not true.

Regards

Bo

Dear Peter,

I sent the message to you yesterday evening. I don’t know from where the information comes that we have confirmed the Lugano results. It must be a misunderstanding. We are working on a test experiment in Uppsala as you know, but no results are available yet. The confirmations of the Lugano results I know of are the two Russians and one Chinese. Maybe these are the ones the article refers to?

Best regards

Bo

• KevMo needs as an inductive touchpoint the fact that despite all the PR no-one, anywhere, has ever got their hands on a working Rossi device.

And THH needs some more unknown unknowns so that he can feel that real science is being done here.

Not even one of the 1st generation now outdated tech devices. Why would that be?

Because Rossi has not released them to anyone else, perhaps?

And why would Rossi be putting his efforts into direct electricity conversion when there is a very large commercial market for a device that can generate reliable free heat - and perfectly good systems to convert this heat into electricity already converted when that is needed.

Because maybe he is doing both? Wouldn't you pursue both if you had a working effect?

1. Darrin October 11, 2017 at 5:33 AM

Dr Andrea Rossi:

Still about the replication made by the Professors of Uppsala: you said you can’t comment before they publish a report, but do you know the results of their trial to replicate the results of Lugano by themselves in a laboratory of the University of Uppsala?

Thank you if you can answer

2. Andrea Rossi October 11, 2017 at 6:57 AM

Darrin:

Obviously I know the results, I have been informed about them by the Professors under NDA, but I cannot talk of them before they will publish a report, if ever, since they worked with the funding of a third party that wanted to know if the Rossi Effect exists beyond any doubt.

For this reason, they reproduced the reactor in the laboratories of the Uppsala University and followed the instructions contained in my patent. They wanted to avoid the complications generated by the infrared temperature measurement and measured the energy produced by simple calorimetry, by means of a heat exchanger and with liquid water.

I know the measurements have been very conservative, always considering only the lower values of the margin of error of the instrumentation.

I think I can say all this, because obvious.

I cannot absolutely add any further information. I will be able to comment the results only after such results will have been made public.

Warm Regards,

A.R.

• This is a claim that Rossi himself was making on his blog a while ago (i.e., more than a year ago). I get the feeling that quite a bit of what we see in Menichella's article comes pretty directly from Rossi.

As you can see by Para's post above, Rossi only hinted at the Uppsalla professors building a replication device and running an experiment with non-phase-change water calorimetry. Rossi didn't claim that the results were positive. So it seems unlikely that the physicist Mario Menichella's claim that the Uppsalla scientists have replicated (without publishing the results) the Rossi effect came from Rossi himself.

• As you can see by Para's post above, Rossi only hinted at the Uppsalla professors building a replication device and running an experiment with non-phase-change water calorimetry. Rossi didn't claim that the results were positive. So it seems unlikely that the physicist Mario Menichella's claim that the Uppsalla scientists have replicated (without publishing the results) the Rossi effect came from Rossi himself.

Rossi does that: he says things which are ambiguous and lets his audience fill in the gaps the way they want. I suggest Menichella was likely filling in gaps.

Incidentally, I would not call Menichella a physicist. From his own web pages:

He studied physics and astronomy at the Universities of Pisa and Florence, where he graduated in 1995. After a two-year course, he achieved in 1997, with the final score of 30/30, the title of Master of Science in Communication at the International School for Advanced Studies (ISAS), in Trieste.

He worked as a press officer at the Communications Office of the Italian National Institute for Nuclear Physics (INFN), for which he designed and produced the show Physics on Wheels. In 2006 he created WOW-Science, a mobile laboratory of science funny and interesting for audiences of all ages, and since 2008 is press officer of Ludoteca Scientifica, a science center of the University of Pisa.

His activity in the field of Communication Science has covered in the last ten years almost every area: corporate communications, multimedia and online communication, editorial communication. Now, he is external consultant for initiatives related to science communication, in addition to give public lectures (see here) on various popular topics.

He is a PR guy.

Good fit for Planet Rossi, don't you think?

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.