Rossi-Blog Comment Discussion

• The other side of the coin.....

"Well, maybe the investors of Woodford Patient Capital Trust will not like the 9% loss they will be facing when the Dewey “planet saver” turns out to be nothing but toilet paper IP… And added to that – they will soon also realize what could have been, when they see the progress being made by Rossi and the E-Cat IP that IH so epically failed to handle."

See http://www.sifferkoll.se/siffe…er11-exit-on-the-horizon/

Yeah, this could very well be the next Cherokee chapter 11, and the investors will certainly not be that pleased with Dewey performance here. What kind of investment fund wants advocates that are making violent threats against all who disagree. Not good PR at all. You're toast Dewey.

Or called and complained to the US ambassador to Sweden, which called the IVA. They got scared, and overreacted. I think Lewan straightened it out, and is now in good standing with them.

Any basis for that claim?

Yes, there are. Plus about ~50 others not peer reviewed. Before they passed journal peer review, many experiments went through in-house reviews at national labs, which are much stricter. Furthermore, the journals were much stricter with the positive cold fusion reports than the negative ones. Morrison, for example, flew through review.

About the same experiment, done the same way? I seriously doubt it. There may be 158 or whatever it was peer reviewed papers about cold fusion but that is not especially reassuring by itself.

• About the same experiment, done the same way? I seriously doubt it.

***Moving the goal posts. Standard Skeptopath response. This requirement does not exist for any other science, ever.

There may be 158 or whatever it was peer reviewed papers about cold fusion but that is not especially reassuring by itself.

***Gee, thank you for establishing for all to see your bonafides as a skeptopath, right here on a Rossi forum where such blatant hypocrisy might actually have a chance to survive. If 153 peer reviewed replications of the PFAHE by the top ~100 or so electrochemists of the day is not enough for you, there is practically no reason to listen to you further. Even Interested Observer has given up on that stance, and he's famous for posting that his posts are not to be considered to further science. What are your posts for? Blatant anti-LENR trolling?

• Regarding A.R's 'Patent', quote :'

The Rossi Effect is based on the exothermal reaction between Lithium and Hydrogen which is catalyzed by Nickel or any other Group 10 elements in the Periodic Table, including Palladium and Platinum'...

It's surely not too difficult to knock together a test setup, is it ?

Arguing over who, what, why, where and when is just futile imho.

By calculation, the claims of the 'Rossi effect' do not add up, (at least to me anyway) !

The patent does not refer to any specific isotope of Nickel used.

Does anyone know ?

I hate to interrupt the ongoing tirade here as there may be a better thread on this forum to post that question on......

• About the same experiment, done the same way? I seriously doubt it.

Pretty much the same. But why do you seriously doubt it? Why so serious, and why doubt it? Read the literature, read Storms book, and see for yourself. You need not doubt, or wonder, or stay awake a night staring into the void fretting about such things. I have put the papers online so that you can see for yourself.

Reading about these things instead of pontificating in ignorance has other advantages. You will not look silly for doubting matters of fact that anyone can verify.

• Wow - lob some truth into a situation and nobody can handle it.

I'm going to be chuckling over the US Embassy being contacted for issues involving another country's academic/ research system for days. Oh yeah - lets get the US Govt, the great champion of our sector, to handle a con artists defacing of the Academy that houses the great Nobel. Absolutely pitiful.

I've got the scoop, I know what happened. I know where you went to get yours - you don't know what happened or the present status of things.

We can skip the upgrade to something more intentional if anybody just wants to keep playing hand-grenades.

And AA makes an appearance from the SP cold storage - what a great afternoon this has been!!

• I've got the scoop, I know what happened. I know where you went to get yours - you don't know what happened or the present status of things.

We can skip the upgrade to something more intentional if anybody just wants to keep playing hand-grenades.

Please just come out and say whatever it is you have to say. If it is factual then I don't see why you want to keep it secret.

• Their problem was with Rossi being there, and using the QX in a conference room.

This is not what the communique from the IVA said. It says nothing about using equipment in the conference room. It does say, a couple of times, that they do not support the messages conveyed during the conference. It also says that they felt that the content of the conference did not promote science. Here is the wording.

"IVA would like to announce that the Academy does not support the messages conveyed at the conference at IVA Conference Centre on 24 November 2017 attended by, among others, Andrea Rossi.

IVA is an academy that promotes science. IVA also runs a conference centre https://ivakonferens.se/ which is open to companies, organisations and individuals. The IVA Conference Centre conducts background checks on those who book conferences rooms and also, to the extent possible, checks programmes to ensure that any messages conveyed are not contrary to IVA’s objective, which is to promote science. In this case IVA would like to clearly state that the Academy does not in any way support the messages conveyed at the conference in question."

I would call that pretty clear. Maybe they had some problem with unknown equipment being used in the conference hall, as you say, but I think it is plain that this is not the heart of their grievance. I think you are just wrong on this one Shane.

• Official Post

I think you are just wrong on this one Shane.

I just said they had a problem with Rossi being there, which you admit being true based on their message. Then I said they had a problem finding out he operated the QX in there also. I did not say one was more troubling to them, than the other. I do n ot know which of the two was "the heart of their grievance".

In their shoes, would you include in the message your concern Rossi operated an unregulated nuclear device on campus without their being informed? I would not. That could cause them some embarrassment, and unwanted media attention. Bureaucrats do not like that. You do admit though, they might of "had some problems with unknown equipment being used in the conference hall"...so we agree on that also.

So I do not see where you come up with saying I am just wrong. Looks like I am right on all counts. Now, I will go recheck the correspondence we had back then, and see what embassy the complaint was lodged with. It may not have been specified.

• Bruce - since you asked so politely, here is some additional communication from Mr. Weigelt on said subject:

"The IVA Conference Centre is an independent business unit that sells its services on the open market. Even though the Conference Centre shares our name, the majority of its clients are not connected with IVA .The organizations using our centre are responsible for their own content. That said, we are aware of the risk that some customers may try to exploit our brand for supporting their events and gain credibility by association. This is obviously extra important when it comes to issues as science fraud. Therefore, the policies of our Conference Centre clearly guides to exclude events in conflict with the Academy statutes (to promote technical and economical sciences) and we always perform background checks on new customers.

This time, the venue was booked by Mats Lewan for a “technical presentation by a US company with international guests”. Our Conference Centre staff did not have knowledge in advance of the conference that that Mr Rossi was among the speakers, and the background check on Mr Lewan himself did not reveal anything suspicious. Directly after the event we were made aware of what had happened and took actions to mitigate any potential damages. We contacted media to make it clear that the claims made by Rossi are in no way endorsed by the Academy. Mats Lewan is red-flagged for future reservations in our Conference Centre, and would not have had access of our conference centre had we known the content of the event. It is clear that we need to review our procedures to avoid similar incidents in the future."

• Shane - why are you so quick to try and generate cover for Rossi and Mats on this crystal clear subject? No embassy had anything to do with any of the direct communications with the IVA.

I only need one guess regarding your source for Mat's present standing with IVA. We can compare those to the direct words from the Manager of the IVA above.

They are still upset over the deception and subsequent brand abuse that followed by Rossi for months. They shut him down and it sounds like another statement from the IVA might be needed to stamp out any remnant mutant iterations.

• Official Post

Shane - why are you so quick to try and generate cover for Rossi and Mats on this crystal clear subject? No embassy had anything to do with any of the direct communications with the IVA.

There are two sides to this story, and presenting one of them not to your liking is "covering for Lewan (I never cover for Rossi)"? I do not think so. I went over what we have, and that is what it says. There was a hullabaloo after the IVA was informed of the event after the fact. We can all agree on that. What I show, is that they were concerned about the QX being used in a conference room, Rossi's history and his desecrating their hollowed grounds by his presence there.

After that is where we differ. You seem excited to say Lewan is banned from ever using the IVA facilities again, but that is not what I read. Yes their official message says he is "red flagged", but come on...the director is a bureaucrat. They speak out of both sides of their mouth. What he told in private was different. Lewan is in good standing.

• Shane - I guess you also see the integrity in how Mats booked the IVA as well: "the venue was booked by Mats Lewan for a “technical presentation by a US company with international guests”. The dude showed up with a freaking nuclear reactor if you believe Mats and Rossi.

The we can move on for a look at the gentleman's words who also sent Cease and Desist orders to Rossi to stop him from defiling the IVA brand with his subsequent videos and postings and Rossi complied. Just a bureaucrat with some teeth. This seems to be indicative of how Rossi gets to keep his "excess heat" on certain forums.

• What I show, is that they were concerned about the QX being used in a conference room, Rossi's history and his desecrating their hollowed grounds by his presence there.

You are saying that the use of the QX was a concern to the IVA. Where do you get this information from?

It certainly isn't from the public statement. Nor is there even a hint of it in the communication that Dewey has released, which is delightfully clear.

I get the sense that you have been told something by someone you trust. It is sounding as if they are wrong, however.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.