Rossi-Blog Comment Discussion

• Official Post

Where exactly have I been asked to stop being "pushy"? The complaint about me is that I:use insults. I've been very straightforward about my use of insults, in that I return insult for insult. I'm a counterpuncher. Don't start nuthin', won't be nuthin'. A person who doesn't start with insults isn't the one being pushy. The only reason why I stand out is because a whole bunch of Rossiphiles had been driven from this forum due to, you guessed it, insults that were levelled at THEM (not necessarily Rossi). And when someone started responding in kind, the forum participants had a gigantic whine fest because it turns out, they only know how to throw internet punches, they don't know how to take a punch.

Not sure you are only a "counterpuncher". You claimed 3 of the most polite members here (THH, Para, Ascoli) violated your "start nothin, won't be nothin" rule, then laid into them. That said; yes, there are some who need to look in the mirror when complaining about you, and your insults.

And the "Rossiphiles" were driven away by Eric, who is no longer a Mod, while many left simply because the Rossi story has become increasingly harder to believe. Some of those run off however, have slowly come back...some after requests by Alan and I. We now have a good mix of those for, and against, so let us not try and run off anymore on either side of the debate.

• @[email protected] if you like to be a counterpuncher why don't you try real boxing to let some steam out?

It is your choice of you like to create electronic waste in the form of endless and numerous forum post. But poisoning your own life with silly challening (countetpunching) people on this forum?! Gimme a break.

Do you have a problem with allowing a counterpuncher to operate on Rossi thteads? The mods gave this approach a green light before you became a moderator, but long after Dewey had been issuing threats with impunity on this forum. So of the rules have changed, you should just let us all know so the Rossiphiles can start getting kicked around again on this forum.

• Not sure you are only a "counterpuncher". You claimed 3 of the most polite members here (THH, Para, Ascoli) violated your "start nothin, won't be nothin" rule, then laid into them.

It's easy enough to check the upthread record.

I agree that I was a bit overly harsh with Ascoli because I saw him as a skeptopath. Now I see him as a SkWiSSA - SKeptic WIth Some Strange Agenda. Someone else on his thread outlined how he does a disservice to the LENR community by being a polite crackpot.

THH is supposed to be some kind of academic but he can't stay away from freshman level classical fallacies. Pointing out invalid reasoning is not "laying into" a forum participant.

And Para engaged in an a priori fashion with a humptydumpty approach. A polite humpty dumpty approach but invalid nonetheless. I acknowledged that he had been polite to others in the past but I pointed to how he had not done so on the subthread that I was operating on.

• And Para engaged in an a priori fashion with a humptydumpty approach. A polite humpty dumpty approach but invalid nonetheless. I acknowledged that he had been polite to others in the past but I pointed to how he had not done so on the subthread that I was operating on.

I made the grievous error of saying that a fact should be something real, not some weird Humpty Dumpty world version where a fact is something agreed upon by different people. (The factuality of something apparently being decided by consensus rather than by the impartial reality of truth.)

• Official Post

Do you have a problem with allowing a counterpuncher to operate on Rossi thteads? The mods gave this approach a green light before you became a moderator, but long after Dewey had been issuing threats with impunity on this forum. So of the rules have changed, you should just let us all know so the Rossiphiles can start getting kicked around again on this forum.

One or two counterpuncher if fine then it gets a bit crowded. If we all do as much as others and a bit more we will stop being humans.

Can we all remain human and use this forum as intended - not a virtual combat ground but a platform to get recent news and to see what othera think about it.

• If Rossi claims he has already a CE mark (without no use or import into EU) for a nuclear device he did finish and start to produce a few month ago only, there is no other way to call this a dream (or a lie)....

His CE mark for the 6-Pack may still be OK. It is a harmless unfinished piece, and would look great (and as functional) as a Steam Punk coffee table.

Of course he has no valid CE mark or any other certs for his reactors. If he puts a CE mark himself onto the QX, SK, SF (or whatever) it will be an actionable offense.

• I made the grievous error of saying that a fact should be something real, not some weird Humpty Dumpty world version where a fact is something agreed upon by different people. (The factuality of something apparently being decided by consensus rather than by the impartial reality of truth.)

In other words, an impolite humpty dumpty a priori approach.

• One or two counterpuncher if fine then it gets a bit crowded. If we all do as much as others and a bit more we will stop being humans.

Can we all remain human and use this forum as intended - not a virtual combat ground but a platform to get recent news and to see what othera think about it.

Sure. All ya need to do is look to see how the conflagration started. In this case, Dewey with yet another threat.

• In this case, the truth of the matter was not in dispute, no matter how y'all try to humptydumpty it. What was in dispute was whether or not it appeared on JONP and you were securely on the side of the undisputed fact.

• In other words, an impolite humpty dumpty a priori approach.

Since the supposed offer made by Rossi on JoNP was supposedly removed, I was hoping that you could demonstrate where I could find the posts that you said where posters here said they saw it disappear at the time. That would easily back up your offer from Rossi story. After going back to where I was told it could be found, I only found the same story from you about the disappearing offer and other posters asking you where it said that people noted it disappearing, since no one at that time could find anything to support it either.

What was found was Dewey eventually making an offer (here on LF) to settle that Rossi refused (to Ruby Shale on JoNP), and a second hand Rossi quote from the Impossible Invention blog that Rossi made a offer to cancel licences and split from IH for money back during the summer of 2015, which was in the middle of the Doral fiasco.

• Since the supposed offer made by Rossi on JoNP was supposedly removed,

***It wasn't just me that noticed it. Jed did, and so did Bob IIRC.

I was hoping that you could demonstrate where I could find the posts that you said where posters here said they saw it disappear at the time.

***I would have been inclined but we have moved past that, so it's up to you to disprove an undisputed fact , undisputed on the original thread as well as on this thread.

That would easily back up your offer from Rossi story.

***I'm not gonna play go fetch, especially on a thread that was mangled by Eric and polluted by Dewey who started issuing threats to sue everyone involved.

After going back to where I was told it could be found, I only found the same story from you about the disappearing offer

***Keep in mind that at that time, even after all kinds of data has been moved offthread by Eric due to Dewey's legal threats, the original claim that the offer was there, that original claim still survives.

and other posters asking you where it said that people noted it disappearing,

***Feel free to post whatever pertinent information you want. You did that before and it turned out to be out of context, and you tried to push it as if it were the original content.

since no one at that time could find anything to support it either.

***Nonsense. No one at the time disputed it.

What was found was Dewey eventually making an offer (here on LF) to settle that Rossi refused (to Ruby Shale on JoNP),

***Like I said, out of context. The original offer was removed because it could have been used to push Rossi around like a rag doll. He invented a Ruby Carrot sock puppet account to backfill the narrative.

and a second hand Rossi quote from the Impossible Invention blog

***Then what's the problem? Even the second hand information agrees with my contention.

that Rossi made a offer

***Corroborating information.

to cancel licences and split from IH for money back during the summer of 2015, which was in the middle of the Doral fiasco.

***Like I said, it is corroborating information. It backs up my version of events, so I feel no need to go play fetch on your behalf.

• @[email protected]

So you can't be bothered to back up your story. Fine. Don't bother to ask me for proof of anything ever again.

Don't start nuthin'....blah blah blah

I still fail to see how the Rossi reply to the Ruby Shale comment backfills something that supposedly happened a year before while it also counters the demonstrable offer that was made immediately before the Ruby Shale Q&A sequence.

• So you can't be bothered to back up your story.

***You're the one trying to knock down an undisputed fact. The burden of proof is on you.

Fine. Don't bother to ask me for proof of anything ever again.

***You're supposed to be the polite one?

***That's about INSULTS. Try to keep the story straight.

I still fail to see how the Rossi reply to the Ruby Shale comment backfills something that supposedly happened a year before

***Just because you fail to see it doesn't mean it didn't happen. Notice what was going on, soeone commented on what was going on ON the INTERNET, people were talking about the OFFER. Guess who was talking about the OFFER at the time that Rossi generated his sock puppet account? WE WERE.

while it also counters the demonstrable offer that was made immediately before the Ruby Shale Q&A sequence.

***It does not counter the demonstrable offer. Contemporary evidence at the time acknowledged there was an offer. Even 18 months later, Jed acknowledged it. It's just that Jed was influenced by the humptydumptyism going on by those who now surround him, normally folks he is arguing against due to their skeptopathism.

• So you can't be bothered to back up your story.

***You're the one trying to knock down an undisputed fact. The burden of proof is on you.

I will believe your story easily if you can support the assertions you are making.

I don't care to knock it down. I want to know if the story is true. If it is then the chips lay where they fall,

Fine. Don't bother to ask me for proof of anything ever again.

***You're supposed to be the polite one?

That seems polite enough. I don't drag out insults like animated bullshit flags etc. (you know exactly what I mean).

***That's about INSULTS. Try to keep the story straight

I wasn't talking about insults. I was talking about unsupported stories that for some reason require the reader to disprove instead of the person telling them.

I still fail to see how the Rossi reply to the Ruby Shale comment backfills something that supposedly happened a year before

***Just because you fail to see it doesn't mean it didn't happen. Notice what was going on, soeone commented on what was going on ON the INTERNET, people were talking about the OFFER. Guess who was talking about the OFFER at the time that Rossi generated his sock puppet account? WE WERE.

I looked. Others looked. For some reason no one can find any posts wondering where the Rossi offer went.

On the other hand, there was an offer here immediately before the Ruby Shale Q&A, which Rossi responded to.

We were talking about an IH offer, not a Rossi offer.

Rossi talked about his offer that he supposedly made to IH in summer of 2015, on Impossible Invention in May 2016, a month before any offers were discussed or made here.

Since Rossi was happily describing various things going on at Doral on JoNP in the summer of 2015, it seems rather incongruous that he would offer to give IH money back and relieve IH of their license in a post on JoNP at that time.

Based on posts here, on ECW, ect., it seems that the two stories are being mixed up a bit.

while it also counters the demonstrable offer that was made immediately before the Ruby Shale Q&A sequence.

***It does not counter the demonstrable offer. Contemporary evidence at the time acknowledged there was an offer. Even 18 months later, Jed acknowledged it. It's just that Jed was influenced by the humptydumptyism going on by those who now surround him, normally folks he is arguing against due to their skeptopathism.

There was an offer. By IH. There is no evidence that Rossi made the nearly identical offer at any time. There is very recent a comment that Rossi made a settlement offer (not on JoNP) that would require IH to pay even more money, which was refused.

• I will believe your story easily if you can support the assertions you are making.

***You're just playing the standard internet game of go fetch.

I don't care to knock it down. I want to know if the story is true. If it is then the chips lay where they fall,

***Jed acknowledged at the time the story was true. Unfortunately for you, you have decided upon a humptydumpty approach to the word "true". Jed said the offer appeared on the JONP. So did others. Second hand info backs up the contention.

That seems polite enough.

***Yeah , I get it. Polite to your friends, snide with those you disagree with. Standard Internet Protocol.

I don't drag out insults like animated bullshit flags etc. (you know exactly what I mean).

***I do engage in insults as a counterpuncher. You like to think you don't.

I wasn't talking about insults.

***Don't start nuthin' won't be nuthin' is about insults.

I was talking about unsupported stories that for some reason require the reader to disprove instead of the person telling them.

***It's not unsupported. It was acknowledged contemporarily. It was even acknowledged in this thread. You tried to employ revisionist history. It failed.

I looked. Others looked.

***It happened on the thread CONTEMPORARILY. Then Rossi took the offer down. You're looking for a tree that already fell down.

For some reason no one can find any posts wondering where the Rossi offer went.

***The reason is obvious. Eric Walker was busy ripping posts out of that thread because Dewey threatened to sue everyone, plus he was a bit anthRossicist in outlook.

On the other hand, there was an offer here immediately before the Ruby Shale Q&A, which Rossi responded to.

***Which has been explained, several times. Rossi invented Ruby Shale as a sock puppet to cover up the original offer which could hurt his efforts.

We were talking about an IH offer, not a Rossi offer.

***Nope. We were talking about a Rossi offer.

Rossi talked about his offer on Impossible

***Your post got corrupted. If Rossi talked about his offer, then how is it that there was no offer to talk about?

• Rossi talked about his offer that he supposedly made to IH in summer of 2015, on Impossible Invention in May 2016, a month before any offers were discussed or made here.

***I see your post was recovered from its corruption. Rossi talked about an offer, then there was an offer. There's a giant duhh factor here.

Since Rossi was happily describing various things going on at Doral on JoNP in the summer of 2015, it seems rather incongruous that he would offer to give IH money back and relieve IH of their license in a post on JoNP at that time.

***I don't know about the timing of his offer. I only noted that there was more than 1 person who saw it.

Based on posts here, on ECW, ect., it seems that the two stories are being mixed up a bit.

***You're trying to recreate a narrative that was deliberately altered by Rossi, and also by Eric Walker. Keep in mind that the CONTEMPORARY folks who were talking about the offer did not dispute that there had been an offer. It is an established fact. The first time you were confronted with that established fact you wanted to talk about whether or not the offer was "real", just like Dewey wanted to do. But I said it was immaterial, and you went into humptydumpty mode.

• There was an offer. By IH. There is no evidence that Rossi made the nearly identical offer at any time.

***Only if you ignore the contemporary participants in the discussion, and then also ignore what Jed had to say 18 months later, that there WAS an offer.

There is very recent a comment that Rossi made a settlement offer (not on JoNP) that would require IH to pay even more money, which was refused.

***A side note.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.