Rossi-Blog Comment Discussion

• E.g From where does the info come, that Siemens is working (“silently”) on LENR?

If I told you that I would have to kill you. Besides, this is a 'work in progress.'

On the same tune:

From FP's experiments discussion
    […]

Many researchers at the big (and secret) weapons research facilities who have access to huge budgets and impeccable diagnostics are well aware of the reality of cold fusion. They don't talk about it because they cannot, however, they do attend conferences like the ones organised by ICCF, not to attack but (sometimes) to present papers - using the names of non-military public institutions they are 'attached'' to as cover - or to ask questions that might cast light on their own work. […]

• kevmo,

I do not think an * with the word "controversial" besides Rossi's name, will be enough to protect us from the negative PR of his being recognized as a "Who's Who of LENR". Yes, as Adrian and Ascoli say, he has brought much attention to the field, and I give him credit for that, but that is far outweighed IMO with what his questionable behavior has done to LENR's reputation.

Honoring him alongside the likes of a McKubre, Mills, Miley, Duncan, Godes, Mills would be a disservice to those who have done legitimate scientific work, and have never been in trouble with the law in the many ways Rossi has. I just do not see any good coming from this. I say we compromise between the two camps, and keep Rossi's "accomplishments" quietly within our community, and give the public honors to those we *all* can proudly stand behind.

Well, if you're approaching this as an "honor" then I can see your point. But if you're approaching this as a list of "who's who " in the field, it's a dysfunctional list. There was a time when Enron appeared on the "who's who" list of energy companies and now they are on the same list as examples of anathema.

Rossi is not a scientist. He is a business man. He doesn't submit papers for scientific peer review. He says , "In Mercato Veritas". There is nothing in mercato, so there's nothing in veritas. If the market validates his approach, then "more power to him". May he be worth $2Trillion rather than just $1Trillion.

I think Randell Mills is in Rossi's category, and I sometimes wonder why he doesn't get the same skeptopathic attention as Rossi. Partly it's due to his ability to defend theory, and partly because he's got a clean reputation. The skeptopaths shake their heads because it is so obvious to them that Rossi is a crook, and yet more than half of my wealthy neighbors would end up in jail for the same level of tax fraud that Rossi got hit for. Especially if they were churned by the Italian justice system and had gone up against Mafia interests....Just think of a less theoretical Randel Mills with tax fraud issues trying to sell his stuff in the market.

The best thing so far that Rossi has generated is the court case Rossi vs Darden, where his slimy business dealings are exposed but in the same vein, the Industrial Heat folks did their best to hold onto his supposedly worthess IP, even though it cost them $4 million more in legal fees and a lost settlement offer of $11M by Rossi.

• kevmo,

I do not think an * with the word "controversial" besides Rossi's name, will be enough to protect us from the negative PR of his being recognized as a "Who's Who of LENR".

It occurs to me by that * asterisk mention, that a good analogy for this issue is baseball, and Barry Bonds. He certainly generated a ton of controversy and lots of people dislike him, saying that he does not deserve mention in the baseball hall of fame because he probably used steroids. But then, so did Mark McGwyre.

So, does Barry Bonds deserve the honor of being allowed into the baseball hall of fame, after breaking the biggest records in baseball such as most home runs in a season, most home runs overalll, first 300Homer/300StolenBases, first and only 400/400, first and only 500/500 player in history?

I have some perspective on this, because I literally lived on the same street as Bobbie Bonds when I was a kid. Yes, I played baseball with Barry Bonds when I was a kid. I thought something was wrong with ME because I didn't like HIM, but nowadays people understand why I felt the way I did. And yes, I think he should be allowed into the baseball hall of fame.... with an asterisk next to his name.

• Rossi is not a scientist. He is a business man.

No, he is a liar and a thief.

He doesn't submit papers for scientific peer review.

He did submit a paper, as part of his effort to steal hundreds of millions of dollars from I.H. It is the Penon report. It proves he is a liar and thief, and he has nothing. It is the best proof you could ask for.

http://coldfusioncommunity.net…/01/0197.03_Exhibit_3.pdf

Putting him on a list cold fusion researchers would be ridiculous.

• Where was the Penon report submitted for peer review?

If his contributions were worthless then why did IH try to get his IP in the court case?

• If Rossi has a LENR device that works

as good as he says it does he should be at the top of the who’s who list.

If it ends up he does not then he

should be taken off the list.

I agree. In the meantime we are asking if he should be mentioned with an asterisk next to his name. A kind of TBD notation.

• If Rossi has a LENR device that works

as good as he says . . .

He says it does not work. Read the Penon report. That's what it says! Rossi's own testimony is by far the best proof that he has nothing, and that he is a fraud. If you don't believe him, who do you believe?

In the meantime we are asking if he should be mentioned with an asterisk next to his name.

Many other people have made cold fusion claims, and then either retracted or published reports showing their claims were wrong. We would not include such people. Why should we make an exception for Rossi? His own report and testimony proves he has nothing, so why should we add him to the list? It makes no sense.

• Official Post

I think Randell Mills is in Rossi's category, and I sometimes wonder why he doesn't get the same skeptopathic attention as Rossi. Partly it's due to his ability to defend theory, and partly because he's got a clean reputation. The skeptopaths shake their heads because it is so obvious to them that Rossi is a crook, and yet more than half of my wealthy neighbors would end up in jail for the same level of tax fraud that Rossi got hit for. Especially if they were churned by the Italian justice system and had gone up against Mafia interests....Just think of a less theoretical Randel Mills with tax fraud issues trying to sell his stuff in the market.

I put Mills in a different category for having an actual brick and mortar headquarters, with a well equipped lab. You can even drive up the building, touch it and know it is real. A BOD's, and an active investor group looking over his shoulder. 25 employees...half of whom are engineers/scientists, and has written brilliant theories. In comparison, we have never seen a Rossi lab in the states, never seen one of his employees, his BOD's is his wife who may live in Italy, and headquarters is a small Miami condo.

As to old country mafia and all that...I stay away from, sticking instead to Doral, and the associated IH/Rossi court documents as my sole reason to exclude him from the list. Although that ridiculous SK demo, and the QX video of his fiddling with the control box, could just as easily be thrown in there.

Other than that, you make a good argument for the *.

• I stay away from, sticking instead to Doral, and the associated IH/Rossi court documents as my sole reason to exclude him from the list. Although that ridiculous SK demo, and the QX video of his fiddling with the control box, could just as easily be thrown in there.

Mills has his own version of ridiculous demos, like the arc welder. I look at him as a more polished Rossi, with 20 years more experience.

Are you saying the Italian justice system is a model of fairness?

Edit:

Note that both of us are citing Rossi v Darden court case. One as a reason to exclude, one as a reason to include. That makes for a classic case of an inductive touchpoint. Both also agree there should be an asterisk.

• He says it does not work. Read the Penon report. That's what it says! Rossi's own testimony is by far the best proof that he has nothing, and that he is a fraud. If you don't believe him, who do you believe?

Many other people have made cold fusion claims, and then either retracted or published reports showing their claims were wrong. We would not include such people. Why should we make an exception for Rossi? His own report and testimony proves he has nothing, so why should we add him to the list? It makes no sense.

If his own report "proves" he has nothing, then why did Industrial Heat try to keep his supposedly worthless IP?

• Official Post

Are you saying the Italian justice system is a model of fairness?

Oh no, not at all. Back in my Rossi days, I defended his role in the PetrolDragon environmental disaster for that very same reason. He does have some valid excuses for what happened. Not saying they were legitimate, nor he was telling the truth, but corruption/mafia are plausible explanations.

• If his own report "proves" he has nothing, then why did Industrial Heat try to keep his supposedly worthless IP?

They did not keep it. They gave it back when the trial was settled out of court. I do not know why they held on to in the first place, but my guess is that they were holding it as a bargaining chip. (I have never discussed this with them and I have no knowledge of the law, so that's just a guess.)

But let me lob the ball into your court. Do you think the Penon report proves he has something? Do you see any merit in it? Do you believe he actually had a heat exchanger on the second floor, as he claimed in his testimony?

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.