Rossi-Blog Comment Discussion

• I wasn't suspecting a global conspiracy or incompetence - the momentum hv as you say accounts for it, thanks THH. Probably not as big an effect as they suggest though and there's may be other unknown possible interactions between gammas and deuterium catalysing fusion events.

• Official Post

Egregious enough to file a lawsuit against the perpetrators over losses ensued.... no doubt.

As THH said...that is not going to happen.

TC was not the only one who refuted the Lugano results based on emissivity. Bob Higgins, MFMP, Calone, and Paradigmnoia did also, although Higgins/MFMP still concluded a positive, but much smaller COP. Even TC's recalculation of the data, showed a possibility there was a small overunity. I guess we need to add that LDM disagrees with them, and has provided his own thorough analysis supporting the Levi team.

If that is ever resolved, then we still have the lack of a full power calibration, Rossi/Fabiani being there most of the time and that not being reflected in the report.

• There is another important emissivity correction that will bring the paper to it’s knees.

Plus it deals with the Recursive Dummy vs the Dot-Calibrated Dummy. There are both.

Tears for the careers tarnished by the Lugano report.

The Ones Who Knew should have said something before it became too late.

. You can't blame scientists for being wrong.

True 'nuff. But scientists can be held accountable for gross negligence and/or incompetence. And if that leads to a party losing money or having their reputation injured, that party can sue.

Perhaps you are saying Levi et al. gave more a positive review to the people at I.H. I have no heard that and if it happened I know nothing about it

Why else would Darden have offered Rossi $11.5 million essentially up front?

He apparently is there in his capacity working for the "Laurene Powell Jobs Trust"

So if true, which is far from clear, what does that tell you? George Schulz former US secretary of state and distinguished statesman and no less than Henry Kissinger were on the board of Theranos. And we know how that ended. It's really weird and probably telling that LENR proponents have to stretch a few threadbare facts to the breaking point (for example the Gates connection from an incompletely redacted signature) instead of simply showing overwhelming data that LENR is robust and works well.

• One metric might be YouTube views. The SK extravaganza has attracted some 13,000 views. By YouTube standards that is the sound of crickets in the wilderness. By any reasonable metric the Rossi show is a non-entity except within a very insular slice of society.

Iinteresting metric. I did a search for 'lenr cold fusion' and 13k views is almost exactly in the middle of the top 20 YouTube hits, with 11 having fewer and 9 having more hits.

LENR itself is a YouTube backwater. Rossi is right in the middle of the backwater creek.

• Official Post

It's really weird and probably telling that LENR proponents have to stretch a few threadbare facts to the breaking point (for example the Gates connection from an incompletely redacted signature)

We had more information than Gates redacted signature to make the connection. 99% certain he is funding Robert Duncan in his LENR research. The only reason I am not 100%, is because Gates has not publicly admitted his involvement. Can not blame him, or the other philanthropists for taking that leap, because those like you are lying in wait to shame them if they do.

• Official Post

This popped up on Rossi's JONP:

http://www.journal-of-nuclear-physics.com/?p=1185

I no longer pay attention to the site, much less reference papers from there, but in this one instance it caught my eye so forgive me. For those new to the LENR/Rossi addiction, a certain physicist/Greek politician named Stremmenos, has been intricately involved with LENR since well before Rossi, and became his advocate only later, after playing many roles in Rossi's rise to infamy/fame...take your pick. Here is his bio:

Christos STREMMENOS is a retired Professor of the Department of Physical and Inorganic

Chemistry of the Faculty of Industrial Chemistry in the University of Bologna. He has served as

Ambassador of Greece in Italy (1982-1987), and has been awarded the title of “Cavaliere di

Gran Croce al Merito” of the Italian Republic. In the University of Bologna, and in the National

Technical University of Athens he has taught Molecular Spectroscopy, Applied Spectroscopy

and Photochemistry. From the beginning of his academic career to the assumption of his duties

as Greek Ambassador, his research work was in the field of spectroscopy of solid and liquid

crystals, of their static and dynamic structures. After his mission at the Embassy of Greece in

Rome was completed, he started to work in the field of nuclear reactions between nickel and

hydrogen or deuterium, trying to reproduce the Fleishmann - Pons experiment and achieving

reliable results

This paper is up to date, although there are older references no longer applicable. Some good science is added in, and may I add that Stremmenos is tapped into the Swedes/Levi, and all those in the European Rossi circle?

• I read that today. It seemed... a fair bit less clear than examples of his writing I have read before. Maybe it is a translation thing. Although I doubt that it is a paper from someone impersonating Stemmenos, it still left me wondering if he had written it when I got to the end.

• To me his writings were always part poetry, Greek mythology, politician, and then he gets to the science part. He is getting old, and maybe the science part is not so clear as you say, but that would beyond my experience level to determine.

I don’t mean the science part, or even the content specifically. It’s like a stream of consciousness first draft. Or note cards for a speech that we missed.

I don’t mean to be hard on the guy. But I am sure he is capable of a much better job. I hope he is OK.

Can not blame him, or the other philanthropists for taking that leap, because those like you are lying in wait to shame them if they do.

Nonsense. First, the idea that Gates cares about comments by anonymous people on the internet is beyond ridiculous. Second, who have I shamed? I called out Darden and Woodford for doing due diligence extremely poorly on Rossi. Is that not fair and correct? Who have I and the local skeptics on this forum raised issues with unfairly? (names and issues please)

But I am sure he [Stremmenos] is capable of a much better job. I hope he is OK.

His writing was florid and bizarre in 2011 so I am not sure he is capable of a "better job." I hope he is OK too but you do need to see what he wrote back then if you are concerned about it. There were also rumors about his heath in the now defunct ecatnews.com forum and IIRC, on e-catworld.com (less sure about that one). That would have been about the time that Defkalion went down for the last time.

I spent an enjoyable couple of hours with Stremmenos a few years back. A charming gent with decades of experience in both politics and experimental physics. I look upon this paper as more tranquil reflections of his own views than as a competitive entry into the academic field.

Stremmenos gave important support to Defkalion which IIRC caused several investors to lose considerable funds, including, I think himself. He may be charming but if he was ever a discerning member of the scientific community, I think he gave up that reputation around 2011-2012. His writing about his experiences with Rossi and with Defkalion at the time, made absolutely no sense, even considering language and/or translation issues. It was gobbledygook word salad. Look it up. He was apparently at one time an outstanding contributor but that seems to have been a long time ago.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.