Rossi-Blog Comment Discussion

• Then if you think the blue light demo was mesmerizing, you evidently have little scientific training or knowledge. It was a total sham. There truly was nothing shown that was of any value at all. Nothing was verified or even presented as calculating out to any believable equations. Even most of his ardent supporters at ECW were dismayed.

Forgot to address this. The ballerina was glowing white, not blue. (But there was an early reference to a blue light when the Quark X was being developed.) But then supposedly there has welding glass between the camera and the plasma. Perhaps that removed any blueness. A while back I did some calculations, and given that the plasma was as big as Rossisaid, then using the wattage of a normal candle flame, I concluded that the power of the Ballerina plasma was congruent to what Rossi said it was. I didn't even account for the (supposed) higher photon energy of the Ballerina, compared to a candle flame.

• Pretty sure that the ballerina AR demonstrated was just a Hg vapor lamp. In his other demos he did probably see some small excess heat effects but since he did not attempt to use any ultra dense D or H catalysts in his quartz tube e-cats he never produced anything like the kW of excess heat reported in Mizuno's R20 reactor. Oxidized 316 stainless steel and the Pd/Ni mesh used with a low D pressure will I think turn out to be the necessary combination of factors to optimize UDD/H formation>neutrino/antineutrino energy trapping>proton decay>meson release>negative muons>muon induced D/H fusion as a chain of events leading to MeV energy release ie kW excess heat. Rossi only understood part of this reaction and I suppose in frustration exaggerated his results. Still, he kept the cold fusion dream alive for many people.

I'm definitely later to the game than you. Maybe I'll be where you are in a few years. Don't know. Frankly I'm surprised that Rossi would have *any* customer as soon as he did,

Do you know of a Rossi customer other than IH which was really a development partner and not a customer? If so, who was it? I don't believe Rossi, despite his claims, ever sold a single ecat in any variation, to anyone.

• Pretty sure that the ballerina AR demonstrated was just a Hg vapor lamp. In his other demos he did probably see some small excess heat effects but since he did not attempt to use any ultra dense D or H catalysts in his quartz tube e-cats he never produced anything like the kW of excess heat reported in Mizuno's R20 reactor. Oxidized 316 stainless steel and the Pd/Ni mesh used with a low D pressure will I think turn out to be the necessary combination of factors to optimize UDD/H formation>neutrino/antineutrino energy trapping>proton decay>meson release>negative muons>muon induced D/H fusion as a chain of events leading to MeV energy release ie kW excess heat. Rossi only understood part of this reaction and I suppose in frustration exaggerated his results. Still, he kept the cold fusion dream alive for many people.

Interesting hypothesis. I suppose you think it was an Hg lamp because of the higher frequency light. The difficulty with this idea is that when one compares the EM frequencies shown from the SK demo at this point

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    and over the next 45 seconds or so, there just isn't a comparable spectrum to a mercury lamp, at least none that I've seen. The thing is an enigma to me. Also, a mercury lamp would have a stable emission; the emission profile of the Ballerina seems to dance just like the plasma itself. The closest I've seen to the Ballerina's form is this plasma generated by microwaves:
    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

It would be interesting to see what its spectrum profile would look like.

About the Mizuno's reactor and the reaction mechanism: Seems to be a novel and intriguing idea, which I'm not qualified to properly judge. Just by inspection however, 'neutrino ... trapping' doesn't make sense to me. And proton decay has never been observed. But what do I know.

• Do you know of a Rossi customer other than IH which was really a development partner and not a customer? If so, who was it? I don't believe Rossi, despite his claims, ever sold a single ecat in any variation, to anyone.

I certainly don't know any names. And maybe you are right that Rossi never have any real customers. Take this 2011 news from https://phys.org/news/2011-11-rossi-e-cat-customers.html

According to Rossi, each module received an initial energy input of 400 watts and produced a self-sustaining, continuous output of 10 kilowatts for the next few hours. Altogether, he claims that the device produced an average of 470 kilowatts in the form of steam for more than five hours.

Impressed with these results, the unknown US customer accepted delivery of a commercial E-Cat device. In the days since then - and likely due in part to all the media attention - Rossi has reported on his blog that he has sold “more than two”devices to other customers, which are also unnamed. The devices are being sold through Rossi’s company, Leonardo Corporation, and he says that the customers will reveal their identities when they choose.

The 'customers will reveal their identities when they choose' sounds exactly the same as what Rossi is saying in 2019 for the SK customers. Maybe the first 2011 customer was fake, and the 2019 customers are all fake, like Doral. Tempting to believe that. I consider it, but I don't happen to believe it, at least not at this point.

• People like myself have a soft spot for the hardworking, freethinking individual who struggles against the current.

Mark, when I read statements like these I feel the intent of the author is to prove to themselves how great they themselves are. (open minded, loving, unselfish, whatever). That usually has nothing to do with the crackpot they lovingly espouse.

• Which people ?

And if any, which of them do You consider "good" regarding the circumstance, that they "worked" with this invertebrate maggot ?

• Knowing Rossi's set up it was probably an old running down Hg vapour lamp - hence the instability - but who cares?

I care. I care because mainly because I'm curious. The Ballerina truly puzzles me. You want to move on because you assume (I think) that the Ballerina is just a run of the mill plasma phenomenon with hardly a relation to real energy production, while Mizuno has the stuff we should care about. You may be right, but maybe not.

• Mark, when I read statements like these I feel the intent of the author is to prove to themselves how great they themselves are. (open minded, loving, unselfish, whatever). That usually has nothing to do with the crackpot they lovingly espouse.

Just consider me as a data point. People like me are out there who may be prone to like the underdog or the unlikely prospect. For the record I can be damned selfish and a stubborn prick.

• There is little point in arguing with the remaining Rossi believers. Clearly they are not individuals whose opinions are shaped by facts or evidence. Given that, they are likely to remain in the fold forever since there is really nothing that could disappoint them going forward. Why would I say that? Some of them are still in the thrall of the conman after 7 years of unmitigated nonsense and are content to “wait and see”. Best of luck to them.

People like Sergio Focardi, Piantelli, Norman Cook and certain Swedes.

Choose one (or all of the below):

- fooled

- bamboozled

- flummoxed

- hornswoggled

They were simply victims of a pretty lame con by Rossi. They wanted too badly to believe in Rossi's miracles.

• I think Rossi's loyal followers will never entirely go away. They'll probably become an organization like the Flat Earth Society. And don't mock the Flat Earth Society. They have members all around the globe.

The Rossi skeptics will never go away.If it was proven that Rossi

has the technology he says he has

some of the skeptics will not

believe.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.