Rossi-Blog Comment Discussion

• I don’t follow him, he followed me! I guess because I followed Holmlid first and he also does.

Genesis talked about Rossi and Research Gate long ago, except many more than one tear each year:

"Follow you, will you
    Follow me all the days and nights that we
    Know will be I will
    Stay with you will you
    Stay with me just one
    Single tear in each
    Passing year there will be"

• If the ECAT works the sentence "if we succeed" does not make sense!

On Rossi Blog

Bruno

November 20, 2019 at 12:19 PM

Dear Dr. Rossi,

you wrote:

“It is unbelievable, but if we succeed we will save the planet. Period. As of today we made enormous progress and I think we are very close to success. If we will not have success, this would mean that I have wasted a lot of personal money, because I wanted not anybody lose money investing in this very risky enterprise”.

I am quite surprised you still have doubts about the success of the ECAT, because you said us that you are selling (steam produced by) ECAT plants that already produce clean energy. Why then these douts? Do the ECAT plants you are selling really work?

Best regards, Bruno

• Official Post

NO MORE ROSSI?

It is no secret that some of us in the forum team are discussing the possibility of not having any 'ongoing' Rossi threads after January 1st 2020. This does not mean 'no more Rossi' period, since in the event of successful and impeccable 3rd party replications/validations of his technology we will re-open this topic. The reason for doing this is that we have slowly managed to raise the level of discussion of the LENR field as a whole, and it seems we are becoming a 'go to' place for serious people to discover more about the topic. When such visitors see the quality of some comments in a thread which is popular enough to be at or near the top of the thread list on a regular basis we feel they will become discouraged and dissilusioned about everything to do with LENR. Reposting comments from the Rossi blog can be (and has often been) troll-bait, and it is always our desire never to feed the trolls. While the status of Rossi-tech is firmly in the 'vapourware' zone it will always attract vapid comments.

Your brief comments on this idea are welcome, and if it seems appropriate we may have a poll on the topic.

• I take this opportunity to express myself on this subject.

Indeed, it has been a long time this subject has lost any objectivity on LF, ICCF or elsewhere.

Today this subject remains a support on foremost, to discredit, probably voluntarily Lenr case.

Don't fool us with an other fight, mods will find other ways to discredit our subject, anyway in the future.

Some are so vicious and manipulative that I strongly suspect they don't spew their venom only by masters orders . I am thinking in particular about a certain Californian you know Alan.

• Alan, Lenr Forum serves as an important source of information debunking Rossi, unlike ecw where this info is ritually deleted. Censorship never solves anything. You guys are over thinking this too much. Besides, Rossi is not even doing LENR anymore, it is LRPI right? :) As you say, this forum is becoming the goto place, so if it ain't broke, why are you trying to fix it? And the comment about changing if "successful and impecible replications", well who is the judge of that?

• I suggest that users who pretend interest about LENR just to come here and exclusively write low-quality posts or simply troll in Rossi-related thread(s) shouldn't be participating to the forum, which should solve most issues without outright banning the topic.

• Official Post

Alan, Lenr Forum serves as an important source of information debunking Rossi, unlike ecw where this info is ritually deleted. Censorship never solves anything. You guys are over thinking this too much. Besides, Rossi is not even doing LENR anymore, it is LRPI right? :) As you say, this forum is becoming the goto place, so if it ain't broke, why are you trying to fix it? And the comment about changing if "successful and impecible replications", well who is the judge of that?

I am of the view that wether if il dottore defines whatever he claims to have as LENR or not, the discussion about is a waste of cyberspace and time, and a deterrent factor that serves no purpose to the urgent matter of getting mainstream recognition of LENR. So I favor the proposal of Alan of discouraging its discussion. By succesful and impeccable replications I think its obvious that Alan means independent, methodologicaly sound and open to independent review. I really don't expect to see than anytime soon.

Perhaps a poll is in order, I think most of us are really fed up of hearing about the unverifiable and ever changing shenanigans of the inventor of the e-cat.

• Hi Alan Smith,

I am all for it.

However, you probably create an "elephant in the room" situation. Rossi is (still) a cult figure. For many a villain, for some a hero. Debunking (or defending) his technology has little sense, because there is nothing concrete to debunk or defend. There is always room for the opposite party to form a counter argument. And that is why the conversations get dragged-out so long and get so tiresome.

Still, the above is what cult figures typically bring into existence. You love 'm or you hate 'm and that process creates buzz. And that buzz always adds more to a topic than the critics dare to admit. Eddy the Eagle is a good example. So is Vinnie Jones. Aileen Wuornos? And sometimes cult figures turn out to be brilliant and change the world.

So in that sense, if you really care about LENR you should not ban the topic Rossi from the forum. That move discloses bias and perhaps means shooting yourselves in the foot...The Italian Jesus is still on a mission to save the world and only until he isn't you cannot be sure that he does not succeed.

Cheers,

JB

• I suggest that users who pretend interest about LENR just to come here and exclusively write low-quality posts or simply troll in Rossi-related thread(s) shouldn't be participating to the forum, which should solve most issues without outright banning the topic.

So you are saying that if the posters who you don't like just stop posting, that solves the problem. True, but impractical. But I thought of another simpler solution to the dilemma of reading too much of these Rossi posts, for which you have more control. You can stop reading the Rossi threads. Radical, I know. I personally think there should be just one thread and titled appropriately, "The Wild West, Andrea Rossi and the Temple of Stupidity, enter at your own risk"

• Physics for Dummies

I don’t like the title of the new thread

you propose but at least you are thinking of a way around this dilemma.

I like the opposing views on Rossi

that are presented on

this forum.

To me it is an example why democracy works.

• If the problem is that Rossi-related threads are always near the top of the thread list because of their high traffic, then sever that relationship. Put all the Rossi stuff in a single appropriately named thread that is permanently pinned somewhere other than the main thread list.

On a different topic, how do I start a new (nonRossi) thread on this forum? I have never done it and thought there would be some obvious method. But I don't see how.

• Official Post

If the problem is that Rossi-related threads are always near the top of the thread list because of their high traffic, then sever that relationship. Put all the Rossi stuff in a single appropriately named thread that is permanently pinned somewhere other than the main thread list.

On a different topic, how do I start a new (nonRossi) thread on this forum? I have never done it and thought there would be some obvious method. But I don't see how.

Are you on your phone/tablet or in your PC? In a PC You have to click on the forum tab and then select the most appropiate sub forum for your new thread.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.