Rossi-Blog Comment Discussion

• I wouldn't claim someone is being selfish/inept without understanding all the motives and variables surrounding the situation. He isn't talking about those so we don't know could be fake, could be real! You could say the same for any secretive researcher or cautious individual when you don't see exactly what they see! I know he's seems to be stringing this along for a while, but remember there may be powerful people he communicates with that may just be using his situation as a scapegoat, or you are right! Consider all possibilities until we know the details. Amor Kombucha! It is better for you than whiskey lol.

Walter is really straining his faulty "only two possible rational scenarios" logic to ignore this `100% certainty.

However even in his inept and selfish strivings Rossi may have contributed 0.1% to saving the planet..

Wife is back on Monday.. all I could find was kombucha.. no whisky

• Walter is really straining his faulty "only two possible rational scenarios" logic to ignore this `100% certainty.

I understand that you have some problems in following the timeline of events.

Who, when and where started the Ni-H saga ?

Piantelli and Focardi, early '90, Siena and Bologna.

Consequently how, on earth, is it possible that the Rossi and Focardi first E-Cats have nothing to do with NI-H(gas) systems ?

Either Ni-H does not exist or Rossi had something, it's not too difficult to understand!

alcohol-poisoning-600x30097.jpg

• Can we buy one before Xmas? Only joking. But the only value of Rossi's work is that it fully establishes that there is really no easy way of producing excess energy (heat or electric) with simple powder reactor systems like the E-cat. If there were he would have had it on the market by now and all his elaborate con-artistry would have been completely unnecessary. No,, complex nano technology, high vacuum, clean deuterium gas etc as the recent Japanese LENR work has demonstrated are all absolute requirements for generating consistent 200 W per Kg excess heat. So we can all firmly give the E-cat the boot in all its re-incarnations - it simply never did and never will produce anything like the power ol' Dottore has been claiming. His work is only useful in ruling out the possibility of such an impossible invention.

• understand that you have some problems in following the timeline of events.

I have problems following your threadbare logic. its almost Ascolian

"only two possible rational scenarios"

""Rossi has nothing", you must first dismiss the reality of NiH LENR!"

there are a lot more non-Italian players and possiblities in the NIHLenr sample space than you allege.

in the end... this is just dysfunctional social discourse..

because there is " not enough info and too much disinfo"

Perhaps I shall consult with winemaker Piantelli about adding nickel to my homemade kombucha

The problem is that in the drought it is a magnet for ants.. this is more worthwhile R&D than any of Rossi's..

https://www.liveeatlearn.com/t…uide-to-kickass-kombucha/

• Can we buy one before Xmas? Only joking. But the only value of Rossi's work is that it fully establishes that there is really no easy way of producing excess energy (heat or electric) with simple powder reactor systems like the E-cat. If there were he would have had it on the market by now and all his elaborate con-artistry would have been completely unnecessary. No,, complex nano technology, high vacuum, clean deuterium gas etc as the recent Japanese LENR work has demonstrated are all absolute requirements for generating consistent 200 W per Kg excess heat. So we can all firmly give the E-cat the boot in all its re-incarnations - it simply never did and never will produce anything like the power ol' Dottore has been claiming. His work is only useful in ruling out the possibility of such an impossible invention.

I've thought Lief Holmid's (pronounced LIFE) work has shown that you can get a lot of energy out of a comparatively small but complex apparatus, even direct electricity which to me is more desirable than engineering an extra step to enable fusion. Though Rossi may be wrong, exaggerating, or possibly self deluded, I strongly believe a device with the stats he has claimed (SKL/SK) is likely possible within the bounds of realities laws. It is likely possible due to the work of Holmid/Mills and their respective colleagues. The amount of verification and professional support in spite of being tangential to the mainstream view in many respects is convincing to me. Holmid's work is being verified by other academics in Norway/Iceland, and these don't look like crazies to me, at least if they are it's the good crazy.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

These two presentations alone have more serious scientific verification flowing from them than many exotic energy conferences lol. This is why I believe fusion as known isn't the ultimate goal. We can have super chemical reactions, which are more than good enough to take care of all civilian energy needs without transmuting energy densities. A 'but' is in order though, if you want something that goes wherever you want it to untethered, (even untethered to small water refills) and results in mostly charged mesons, atomic annihilation is the goal. Using intense pulses of light and the H* clusters that happen to result from same super chemical reactions, "shablam!" more efficient current source than fusion without fast neutrons. I would actually venture to posit that the side LENR reactions penetrating and happening to catalysts in the reactor are what cause reactor damage, hastening fuel replacement. That isn't a problem for practicality though and more than enough clean energy to go around, no need to fully burn it. Confusion about energy from nothing is probably because there's a miracle non-nuclear energy source denser than regular chemical reactions and another one denser than Fission/Fusion (but thankfully not quite antimatter). We are already in another stage of knowledge and some of us are still stuck thinking electrodes in salt water connected to a car battery is the only way (useful experiments though!). Also interested in what the translation of Parkamove's book has to say.

• Agreed, but Holmlid's or Gundersen's setup/experiments are easily an order of magnitude more sophisticated than anything Rossi has ever produced - like I said there's no easy quick & dirty solution to producing cheap LENR - energy - Rossi's work can be taken as a body of work demonstrating this (which is an important fact in itself!)

• Agreed, but Holmlid's or Gundersen's setup/experiments are easily an order of magnitude more sophisticated than anything Rossi has ever produced - like I said there's no easy quick & dirty solution to producing cheap LENR - energy - Rossi's work can be taken as a body of work demonstrating this (which is an important fact in itself!)

Unless he has more resources than we think he does, a hush gun held to his head in an underground vatican mega laboratory lol (takes tinfoil hat off). In all seriousness his propositions aren't impossible just unlikely considering past/current situations.

The "monkey metaphor" made famous by the French mathematician Emile Borel at the beginning of the 1900s needs a facelift otherwise this makes you a Rossi believer.

I know what it says: that given infinitive time, the monkeys would be able to replicate Shakespeare. My point was that it would require infinite time for Rossi to... uh oh never mind.

To say that certainly "Rossi has nothing", you must first dismiss the reality of "NiH LENR"!

No, not at all. NiH LENR could be real and Rossi could have never been anywhere near it. For example, compare his lame junk store apparatus to Mizuno's elegant devices. Mizuno has a long reliable story of accomplishments. Rossi distinguished himself with a series of scams, destroying the environment of an entire Italian province, tax fraud, illegal gold deals, ripping off a government agency for millions (the thermoelectric scam) and finally ripping off IH for $11.5 millions plus legal costs.

Piantelli and Focardi and, later, Rossi and Focardi surely were the precursors of "Ni-H reactions" in gas-metal reactors

Not surely at all. Rossi simply bamboozled an ailing and desirous Focardi. Far as I know, Focardi's original work has never been properly and credibly replicated.

We really need some original thinkers, they are what progress in science demands.

Sure but what will convince scientists in general will be spectacular demonstrations that are unmistakable-- not just to LENR enthusiasts and believers but to the scientific community at large. If Mizuno's claims are true, his results should be sufficient. Unfortunately, that if becomes larger and large, the more time passes.

Rossi's work can be taken as a body of work demonstrating this (which is an important fact in itself!)

Rossi's "work" can be taken as a body of evidence demonstrating that high tech scams easily fool a lot of smart people who should know better through a combination of luck and sleight of hand methods. And that's the only lesson from it. Also that rarely, crime does pay because Rossi has yet to be tried for any of his crimes and infractions and lies in the USA.

• there are a lot more non-Italian players and possiblities in the NIHLenr sample space than you allege.

Surely, there are now many players in NI-H LENR research, but I said something very different, i.e. that there is absolutely no doubt that Piantelli and Focardi were the first researchers of Ni-H LENR in gas-metal systems.

Consequently, it's utterly ridiculous to affirm that later (claimed) "successes" in this field have nothing to do with their work.

Again, either Ni-H does not exist (in agreement with mainstream media and mainstream scientific community) or Rossi and Focardi had something, it's not so difficult to understand!

• Again, either Ni-H does not exist (in agreement with mainstream media and mainstream scientific community) or Rossi and Focardi had something, it's not so difficult to understand!

Your thinking is weird!

Takahashi and some more Japanese teams do NiHxy LENR since more than 10 years. The same holds for Parkhomov and Celani. All have clear effects 1000X above the error bar.

There is no agreement with mainstream science as these folks still use a fringe model to explain the impossibility of LENR.

Its not the model that counts first in physics its the experiments. Thus you simply can say any mainstream physicist that denies LENR is a flat "earth-er" and does not deserve the label "scientist".

• Takahashi and some more Japanese teams do NiHxy LENR since more than 10 years. The same holds for Parkhomov and Celani. All have clear effects 1000X above the error bar.

More than 10 years yes, but not as early as 1992/1994

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/227329527_Anomalous_heat_production_in_Ni-H_systems

https://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sergio_Focardi

https://patentscope.wipo.int/search/en/detail.jsf?docId=WO1995020816&recNum=7&maxRec=9&office=&prevFilter=&sortOption=Pub+Date+Desc&queryString=ALLNAMES%253A%2528piantelli%2529&tab=PCTDescripti

"Gli studi sulla fusione fredda Nichel-Idrogeno (Ni-H)

Schema del reattore nichel-idrogeno ideato da Piantelli e Focardi per la misura dell'eventuale calore in eccesso[8]

Nel 1989 Francesco Piantelli, biofisico dell'Università degli Studi di Siena, durante alcuni esperimenti con campioni di materiale organico[9], rilevò un'anomala produzione di calore.[10] Comunicò il fenomeno da lui osservato a Focardi e i due decisero di creare un gruppo di lavoro cui si aggiunse Roberto Habel, membro dell'INFN presso l'Università di Cagliari,[11][12][13] al fine di approfondire la causa di quell'anomalia termica.[14]

Dopo circa tre anni, gli studi approdarono a significativi risultati permettendo la costruzione di un reattore Nichel-Idrogeno sufficientemente efficiente. Passarono altri due anni di sperimentazioni e finalmente il 20 febbraio 1994, in una conferenza stampa presso l'aula magna dell'Università di Siena, venne annunciata la messa a punto di un differente processo di produzione di energia per mezzo di Reazioni Nucleari a Bassa Energia (LENR)[15], profondamente differente da quello fatto da Fleischmann e Pons[16][17]."

• Its not the model that counts first in physics its the experiments. Thus you simply can say any mainstream physicist that denies LENR is a flat "earth-er" and does not deserve the label "scientist".

This is so important and a very wise statement, wish more people expressed this stance. If the experiments are positive why the resistance to new knowledge?

I honestly wish him the best tbh! Andrea just needs to release it, much prayers for any reality. Any western power doesn't lose anything of permanent value by wishing the quickest release and dispersal of this tech among the peaceful civilians, corporate and entrepreneur markets all over the Earth. Love and support to all mankind yes, of course not free, but market prices will be low enough for all developing markets to afford even with fare profits.

• Rossi was just smarter with the luck and arrogance of the devil ...took them all for a ride laughing all the way to the bank and bringing him to trial would be harder than trying to impeach Trump!:)

If you are an American, you should understand the difference between impeachment and conviction. Impeachment is by the House of Representatives, which is a near certainty, while conviction is by the Senate, which is unlikely. Mods: please note this is an explainer, not political opinion.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.