Rossi-Blog Comment Discussion

• The Ecat SK Ballerina's daddy? Courtesy of Dr. KIril Chukanov, video from around 2014

He specializes in ball lightening devices.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

In this video he says it uses 5kW, but it's unclear how much energy he thinks is being generated.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Colin Watters March 26, 2020 at 2:47 PM

Dear Andrea, I was very interested in your reply to KiethT on the 25th March. He asked if the current safety testing completed the certification requirements for E-Cat domestic use and you replied yes. Can expand on your reply? Which standards will the E-Cat be certified as compliant with? If it will be CE marked, which EN standards specifically will it meet? Thanks.
    • Andrea Rossi March 26, 2020 at 3:22 PM

Colin Watters:

Please read better: KeithT did not ask if we have completed the certifications, he asked if the certifications will include etc, and I answered yes to this, not to what you say.

The certifications are on course and have not been completed. Obviously they will be completed before we put in commerce the product, which means when the Ecat SKL will be ready to be put in commerce, and it is not now. Obviously, when the product will be in commerce the certifications will be made public, not before, for reasons that are obvious; everybody familiar with the matter knows that the procedures for certifications of products are always covered by NDA until they are granted and the trolls that are making a mess about this issue are paid by guys that are shooting their usual tennis balls to try to stop the carrier of our work.

Warm Regards,

A.R.

• If memory serves from Rossi's blog, he was in Italy. Then he was not in Italy, but elsewhere in Europe. Perhaps he is back to Italy now.

A man on the move.

1. Sven B March 16, 2020 at 1:58 AM

Dear Andrea Rossi,

On February 9 you estimated the test to finish sometime in March.

Now some questions on the new situation :

1: Test starts in March?

2: Test finishes in April?

3: Test more likely finishes later than April?

4: Are you now in Italy?

5: Presentation still planned for Stockholm?

6: Presentation more likely only Online?

Kind regards

Sven B

2. Andrea Rossi March 16, 2020 at 4:54 AM

Sven B:

1 yes

2 I do not know

3 I do not know

4 no

5 yes

6 this will depend on the corona virus consequences

Warm Regards,

A.R.

1. Sven B March 22, 2020 at 11:15 AM

Dear Andrea Rossi,

Your comments today are very interesting:

Recently you confirmed that you are staying in Europe but not in Italy.

Now you say you are working in your own house.

Have you got a house in Sweden?

If not where in Europe are you staying at the moment?

Kind regards

Sven B

2. Andrea Rossi March 22, 2020 at 11:34 AM

Sven B.:

For security reasons I have been suggested not to disclose where I am. I am in Europe.

Warm Regards,

A.R.

• can ,

The driver is the circuit from a small plasma globe. (Should fit into a cigarette pack). I bought two new globes for $20. The tube is cut from a vanilla bean container. To get glow discharge it was necessary to pump out the tube to about 26 in Hg. For that I used a Food Saver (I just undid the hose from the lid) combined with a large syringe and some one way fish tank valves (blue are best) as a roughing pump for the Food Saver. Horizontal clamps identical to Rossi’s are used to set the gap. A stainless steel U bolt was cut to obtain straight rods with threaded ends, smoothed, and these were threaded onto the clamps. Rubber stoppers were obtained from a hardware store, and drilled through for the rods with a sharpened metal tube.

The left is negative, and is actually grounded to a wooden work bench.

• Paradigmnoia

Ingenious; thanks for the description.

Is the gap adjustable while it's operating? I found that (at least at atmospheric pressures and probably somewhat larger currents than in your case) when the two brightest glow discharge regions at the anode and cathode meet each other at a close distance, RFI large enough to disrupt nearby devices can get produced. This would likely be easier to study/verify with a proper glow discharge setup at a low pressure, hence my interest. Although my GM counter didn't seem to show any noticeable change from the noise, it could possibly result in elevated signals with radiation monitoring equipment sensitive to electromagnetic interference.

(This is probably off-topic for this thread)

• can ,

The gap is adjustable when running, and usually I need to move the electrodes close together to start a discharge, and then widen the gap. That could be replaced with an ignition arc circuit but I haven’t bothered with that yet. The rubber stoppers are very lightly lubricated with silicone grease to help the vacuum seal and allow gap adjustment without a fight (which can result in a shock). The vanilla bean tube is strong plastic. I tried glass tubing but it broke quite often at the stoppers. The vacuum can suck the stoppers in, which then breaks the glass. (Etching the glass at the ends might help prevent that).

I have a scintillometer here with a 4.5 ci NaI crystal but haven’t tried it near the arc.

• Paradigmnoia

That sounds similar to what I also have to normally do in the atmosphere, although at the relatively low voltage I'm using the electrodes have to almost (but not quite) touch to start a discharge.

I initially saw that EM noise would get generated at the moment of "ignition", but upon trying to reproduce the same effect I realized that it is continuously produced if the electrodes are at a distance such that the anode/cathode glow regions (definition according to the diagram attached) kind of merge together. This might be due to the peculiarities of my own rig however (including electrode materials used), and not a general feature of glow discharges.

• Rossi comments on testing.

1. Gerard McEk March 28, 2020 at 7:05 AM

Dear Andrea,

If I understand it right, there are two parties testing the E-Cat SKL.

Some questions about that, if I may:

1. Does each party have a separate E-cat for testing?

2. Is/Are this/both E-cat(s) at your lab?

3. Have both parties started testing?

4. You said there is an ‘independent third party’ test entity, that is not payed by you. What makes them testing it anyway:

A. Payed by another party

B. Because they are curious

C. Some other reason

5. Are these 3rd party tests be done by a company specialized in this and doing this?

6. Will the test/certification results be presented at the same time when both parties are finished or are they be presented separately?

7. What is roughly the current estimate when both are finished?

Thank you for answering our questions.

Kind regards, all the best and good health, Gerard

2. Andrea Rossi March 28, 2020 at 8:47 AM

Gerard McEk:

There are more than two parties examining the SKL.

1 no

2 yes

3 some has

4 C ( Clients )

5 obviously

6 the certifications will be presented when the product will be for sale, the tests are under NDA, eventually it will depend on the situations

7 with the corona virus restrictions nobody can schedule anything

Warm Regards,

A.R.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.