Rossi-Blog Comment Discussion

• Sam, as you probably now realise, the information content of these replies is zero - aided by moronic yes/no questions. Notice also how no external validation of even the most minimal kind is promised now or in the forseeable future.

It is this marked lack of any meat that makes the behaviour of the Rossi supporters so fascinating. As a religious faith, but without the weighty and (usually) beneficent spiritual content.

• He won't let anyone technically competent or knowledgeable near the equipment. That would expose the fraud.

• can ,

The driver is the circuit from a small plasma globe. (Should fit into a cigarette pack). I bought two new globes for $20. The tube is cut from a vanilla bean container. To get glow discharge it was necessary to pump out the tube to about 26 in Hg. For that I used a Food Saver (I just undid the hose from the lid) combined with a large syringe and some one way fish tank valves (blue are best) as a roughing pump for the Food Saver. Horizontal clamps identical to Rossi’s are used to set the gap. A stainless steel U bolt was cut to obtain straight rods with threaded ends, smoothed, and these were threaded onto the clamps. Rubber stoppers were obtained from a hardware store, and drilled through for the rods with a sharpened metal tube.

The left is negative, and is actually grounded to a wooden work bench.

Yeah, but what is the COP?

• He won't let anyone technically competent or knowledgeable near the equipment. That would expose the fraud.

After recently watching the Stockholm demonstration, it was clear that the guy next to Rossi, Fulvio Fabiani, knew what was going on. So either Fabiani is in on the mischief, or he is Rossi's right hand man in making an impossible invention.

Looking into it some more, here's an article where Matts Lewan interviews Fabiani in 2014

https://animpossibleinvention.…u-people-wouldnt-believe/

“As a skeptic I started there, and in the beginning Rossi wouldn’t let me see any data. Gradually he gained confidence since I solved a few problems. And after some time I found myself with the truth in my hands, having made some calculations, and I was amazed. I made the same calculations twenty times and I tried to find the error, but there was no error. .... With the failures, I found myself having to believe in it. Why? Because when something fails, you see the behavior of the object. The next time you adjust it, then you see that it behaves very differently. And then you realize that it is something unique. We have it all filmed, which still cannot be disclosed. We have photographs of creatures that emit pure light that have completely melted the reactor down, all in a very quiet way. You just turn off the stimuli system and the reaction is switched off. It’s impressive."

• Note: Fulvio Fabiani has signed NDAs regarding E-Cat technology with several parties, which obviously limited what he could say in this interview.

If I remember correctly Rossi told

Fabiani to take a hike for doing

that interview.Things must have

got cleared up for Fabiani to have

been part of the Stockholm demonstration..

• Clients checking.

Assembling.

1. Rick 57 March 29, 2020 at 5:26 AM

Dear Andrea,

I have a question regarding the cubic shape of the E-Cat SKL:

1) Is it required by some technical reason, or

2) It can be modified (within some limits) respecting the total volume, like 16x16x4

I’m thinking to applications, like notebooks, where a more “thin” shape is probably better…

Thanks a lot,

Riccardo

2. Andrea Rossi March 29, 2020 at 12:45 PM

Rick 57:

1 no

2 one size fits all by means of assembling. Smaller modules are not allowed so far

Warm Regards,

A.R.

3. Frank Acland March 29, 2020 at 9:22 AM

Dear Andrea,

You reply to Daniel Galburt today is very interesting:

That the E-Cat SKL has operated without external power for over 24 hours generation 100W + of net electrical power.

1. Is this typical performance for the SKL nowadays, or was this an exception?

2. Have other persons witnessed and verified this performance, or just you in your own lab?

3. This performance, if safe and reliable, could make an extremely useful household product. Are you planning to launch the first SKL products for use in homes?

Many thanks,

Frank Acland

4. Andrea Rossi March 29, 2020 at 12:43 PM

Frank Acland:

1- it is not an exception

2- other persons witnessed

3- no

Warm Regards,

A.R.

5. Milan March 28, 2020 at 1:44 PM

Dear Dr. Rossi,

did I get your recent answer right that

1) the independent testing is done by a client?

2) Does that mean there won’t be a public presentation after finishing the test?

6. Andrea Rossi March 29, 2020 at 3:49 AM

Milan:

1 also

2 it does not mean that

Warm Regards,

A.R.

• I hope by "100W + of net electrical power" it includes the control box, which Rossi has confirmed is the size of a cigarette pack.

If so, a control box and Ecat unplugged from the grid and producing over 100W of net power for 24 hours, with witnesses, is going to require some juicy conspiracy theories to discount.

• Will automatically be granted. All courts are basically extending anything that is not criminal and is not facing constitutionally mandated deadlines, e.g., "right to a speedy trial." Note this right only applies to criminal defendants -- civil cases can drag forever.

I don’t disagree that it is likely that this suit will be delayed, but what if evidence is provided (for the sake of discussion) that R et al is not in Italy as claimed, but has reported that he is?

Also, this Wednesday, the hearing for the motion to compel Leonardo to send a representative for deposition is to happen. It will be interesting to see if that is delayed. Personally I think it will be a farce is Henry Johnson has to do the deposition, since he is unlikely to know anything.

• He will have to disclose how it "works."

Not necessarily. I've been responsible for getting several products CE, UL and CSA approved in a distant past life. In general test houses need to know how to operate the device but not all the details of how it works.

Rossi is vague about exactly what he means by certification. So far I've failed to get Rossi to tell me what specific national or international standards he's plans to get his products to meet. He always manages to avoid answering my question or somehow finds a way to missunderstand it.

The products I've worked on have been electronic devices like set top boxes, satellite receivers, PC etc. I'm not familiar with standards for electric, oil or gas powered heaters or electric generators. In the past I've had problems where it's not obvious which of two standards is most applicable to a new product that crosses markets. I did wonder if Rossi might face a similar issue. From example would a reactor that used Nickel have to meet standards for heaters that use "solid fuels" (normally wood or coal)? It's quite possible no applicable standard exists for him to test against.

• Appears Engineer 48 has popped up again over at ECW.

Interesting person, was so absolutely convinced that the “Rossi ma-bob” worked as advertised that he had customers lined up to purchase, that was 4 years ago.

Am beginning to see how religious cults get started and grow. I do not know what turns some relatively smart people into rather gullible blind obedient automatons, but I’m sure some ambitious grad student or PhD candidate could do a proper job.

Sigh

• Not necessarily. I've been responsible for getting several products CE, UL and CSA approved in a distant past life. In general test houses need to know how to operate the device but not all the details of how it works.

Rossi is vague about exactly what he means by certification. So far I've failed to get Rossi to tell me what specific national or international standards he's plans to get his products to meet. He always manages to avoid answering my question or somehow finds a way to missunderstand it.

The products I've worked on have been electronic devices like set top boxes, satellite receivers, PC etc. I'm not familiar with standards for electric, oil or gas powered heaters or electric generators. In the past I've had problems where it's not obvious which of two standards is most applicable to a new product that crosses markets. I did wonder if Rossi might face a similar issue. From example would a reactor that used Nickel have to meet standards for heaters that use "solid fuels" (normally wood or coal)? It's quite possible no applicable standard exists for him to test against.

There are any number of regulations relating to equipment, and therefore any number of "certifications". Some but not all require the equipment to be switched on and notionally working - although even then they may not (most don't) check performance.

Rossi's last certification that we know of was a safety check of a factory (= warehouse with stuff in). Basically to make sure it was safe for people to work in. Rossi will never be precise about what certification he is getting, allowing such meaningless bits of paper to be generated and add to PR.

When Rossi talks about selling his stuff he works in a context where (when you sell stuff) typically you have already made working prototypes and got them to work. That is greatly to his advantage. Rossi has claimed to do this many times, his list of working e-cats is impressive and would not doubt get him a Nobel prize and billions in funding if he could reveal them. The PR story assumes this as context. Even when his current prototype is not yet working, he does this claiming that it shows some new desirable feature not previously available.

Those buying into the fantasy accept as faith that past e-cats have worked. They can then match Rossi's recent pronouncements against what might be plausible given the claimed context. Though, if he ever had any ecat working it is not conceivable he would abandon this and struggle to get a new completely different ecat working. Disruptive new technology low cost heat generators have extraordinary value even if only prototypes as long as they can be externally tested and show useful energy generation. All Rossi's demos have claimed such properties. And Rossi we know craves adulation - he would not so avoid it could he get it.

• THHuxleynew

In 5 years your expertise will say the same for Safire ? What's your fine overview about 2 another rebellious as Parkhomov and Mizuno with their respective high and well proven repeatable XH ?

I understood there's gods who smell good then others who stinks ?

• THHuxleynew

In 5 years your expertise will say the same for Safire ? What's your fine overview about 2 another rebellious as Parkhomov and Mizuno with their respective high and well proven repeatable XH ?

I understood there's gods who smell good then others who stinks ?

I don't have an opinion about Safire, because not exposed here to extravagant claims from them. But, if they make those as Rossi does on similar zero evidence, while on record as lying, I'd maybe say the same.

Parkhomov has made claims which are scientifically flaky in the extreme, multiple times, so I do not trust him. But he is not in Rossi's class at all, I don't think he is deliberately lying nor that he blatantly rigs demos.

Mizuno I believe to be honourable, and he has a good grasp of what needs to be done. With one exception. His record keeping as reported in his R19/R20 papers is highly unsatisfactory, sloppy in lots of ways, with enough loose ends that I cannot trust his R19/R20 results. (Well, the R20 results no-one can trust because so preliminary). It is a big negative that seemingly neither R19 nor R20 are now available for different similar tests from others, were they so it would either show an extraordinary effect and revolutionise science, or indicate M was mistaken.

In all cases it does not really matter. The strong claims have all led to replication attempts. Where there are many replications, either these show an effect, or not. My understanding is that Parkhomov-style reactors have been vastly replicated without significant positive results (e.g. the more careful the replicators, the more negative the results). And, thus far, Mizuno the same. But if for example magicsound, who reports here and seems to me very careful, finds positive results that would be highly interesting to me and no doubt many others.

I'd guess these views are pretty uncontroversial?

• In most industries the importance of being first to market has driven development timescales down dramatically since I graduated. If someone says they have a working machine/prototype and a year later its still not on the market you have to wonder what the problem is.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.