Rossi-Blog Comment Discussion

• Perhaps the reason can be determined why RG, which supposedly has “real time” reads counting, used to report increases in reads every hour, and now only deposits around 300 to 400* new reads once every 15 days or so to the sLuRPI paper counts.

* The equivalent of almost 1/2 of all reads to date of the Levi et al “An Indication of..” paper are added about every 15 days to the sLuRPI paper, in one chunk.

• LENR Forum's own Mark U asks fascinating technical questions on JONP, prying important information from Inventor Rossi. You have to analyze the nuances of Rossi's response to grasp the true meaning.

1. Mark U May 10, 2020 at 10:06 AM

Dear Andrea,

I recall your excitement as the QuarkX was developed even while you were engaged in the Doral test. What made the QuarkX qualitatively different, it seemed to me, was the focus on plasma phenomena. This has continued into the Ecat SK and now Ecat SKL. Yet your previous Ecats like the HotCat worked, without seeming attention to plasma phenomena. So I have four questions which display my ignorance.

1) In your opinion, was plasma in the vicinity of the (pre QuarkX) old Ecat fuel wafer critical for its operation?

2) Is it fair to say with the Ecat SK/SKL that the plasma affects reactions in the solid fuel wafer, and the solid fuel wafer affects reactions in the plasma, in a feedback mechanism?

3) Does the energy producing reaction(s) in the Ecat SKL occur in the fuel wafer or the plasma or both (perhaps increasingly so in the plasma of the SK and SKL)?

4) Does the plasma somehow serve to offload thermal stresses from the fuel wafer?

You may not be free to answer some of these, but in any case, thank you in advance!

Mark

2. Translate Andrea Rossi May 10, 2020 at 11:16 AM

Mark U:

I am sorry, I cannot answer your questions.

Warm Regards,

A.R.

• Brilliant comment on JONP. Rossi's own special material that never existed before has no name.

How does he ask his crew to make more? How do you add an unnamed material to the BOM?

At least call it Unobtainium, or Bullshitium. Both names are valid.

Can we have a contest to name Rossi's material? I'm surprised that hasn't started yet on JONP.

1. Sam May 14, 2020 at 7:02 PM

Hello DR Rossi

Do you have a name

For the material you

Invented?

Regards

Sam

2. Andrea Rossi May 15, 2020 at 3:35 AM

Sam:

No

Warm Regards,

A.R.

• I doubt the material is of the exotic kind. It's probably a new composite material to achieve a particular functionality Rossi desires. The combinations and permutations are almost endless. He would name the particular part of the ecat - with the new material - by its function, not by its novel material makeup.

• Imaginarium.

• Some interesting comments from

A.R. Make of them what May.

1. 1. When will you name the date of the presentation a) in a month?
      b) after 3 months b) or even later?

Sakharov’s collaborators recall Sakhrov’s astounding intuition, which failed him only once: he believed that hot fusion was promising.

Your intuition has found a more reliable solution.

I wish you and

Your team continued success.

To be healthy. hello to your spouse.

Viкtor

2. Andrea Rossi May 16, 2020 at 2:05 PM

VIKTOR SHIPACHEV:

1- I do not know yet

Thank you for your kind sustain,

Warm Regards,

A.R.

3. Iggy Dalrymple May 16, 2020 at 12:24 PM

Dear Dr Rossi,

You mention that your E-Cat SKL still has issues with less than 80% reliability.

When multiple SKLs are used in unison does the reliability improve, or do they like to sing in harmony?

Best regards,

Iggy

4. Andrea Rossi May 16, 2020 at 2:04 PM

Iggy Dalrymple:

When we will sell them they will have 100% of reliability, independently from the assembly.

Warm Regards,

A.R.

5. TOUSSAINT May 16, 2020 at 9:33 AM

Dear Andrea Rossi,

One question please, do you think that the COVID restrictions will be soon lifted, and that you can normaly proceed with the tests of the SKL?

Kind Regards.

Toussaint François

6. Andrea Rossi May 16, 2020 at 10:25 AM

TOUSSAINT:

I hope so, but what I know is what everybody is listening and reading in the news media.

The situation seems to recover, the numbers are improving for good. Let’s hope.

Warm Regards,

A.R.

7. Sven B May 16, 2020 at 9:54 AM

Dear Andrea Rossi,

I am very happy to hear that SKL now works as expected except for some

remaining reliability issues.

Some questions:

1. Is present total reliability still below 80% of expected?

2. Occasional issues at the startup?

3. Occasional issues at switch off?

4. Occasional switch off during normal operation?

5. Occasional switch off due to changing external conditions?

I understand if you cannot answer at this moment.

Kind regards

Sven B

8. Translate Andrea Rossi May 16, 2020 at 10:23 AM

Sven B:

1. yes

2. no

3. no

4. no

5. no

Warm Regards
      A.R.

1. Gerard McEk May 16, 2020 at 4:14 AM

Dear Andrea,

Regarding the different properties of the SKL at this moment, can you give us some words like: Excellent, good, OK, can be improved, must be improved to these:

a. COP

b. Reliability

c. Stability

d. Ability to integrate

e. Prospects for commercial application

f. Fool proof: Resistance against wrong usage

Thanks, kind regards, Gerard

2. Andrea Rossi May 16, 2020 at 6:10 AM

Gerard McEk:

a. excellent

b. can be improved

c. what do you mean exactly ? Stabiliy of what ?

d. good

e. good

f. can be improved

Warm Regards,

A.R.

• This comment.

That he answers yes to the first

and no to the rest.

So where is the problem

that reliability is below 80 percent.

I will ask A.R.

1. Sven B May 16, 2020 at 9:54 AM

Dear Andrea Rossi,

I am very happy to hear that SKL now works as expected except for some

remaining reliability issues.

Some questions:

1. Is present total reliability still below 80% of expected?

2. Occasional issues at the startup?

3. Occasional issues at switch off?

4. Occasional switch off during normal operation?

5. Occasional switch off due to changing external conditions?

I understand if you cannot answer at this moment.

Kind regards

Sven B

2. Translate Andrea Rossi May 16, 2020 at 10:23 AM

Sven B:

1. yes

2. no

3. no

4. no

5. no

Warm Regards,

A.R.

• This comment.

That he answers yes to the first

and no to the rest.

So where is the problem

that reliability is below 80 percent.

Sam - what is your rationalisation for why Rossi abandoned:

• his hot-cat (tested reliable by those Swedes in multiple tests)
    • his previous e-cat (proven reliable in large-scale industrial test and that he claims he spent millions of dollars in Court fees to preserve the IP for)

For this < 80% working new device.

We, the non-Rossi-fan observers, can answer this quite simply: none of these devices have ever worked. And Rossi's court case was because he thought he could lie his way into getting a $10M payment from IH, and even if not pursuing this case was the only way he could make good PR out of the fiasco which was his devices not working.

How do you make sense of the entire history of abandoned e-cat development? You do realise, right, that any one of these e-cats, if it worked as claimed, would be a major disruptive technological advance and gain Rossi instant fame and money? It would not matter that it was not productionised, that it was not 100% reliable. As long as it could be made to work in prototype form when tested by reputable independent testers Rossi's financial and reputation problems would be forever gone.

• You do realize he won't answer right? Well I mean an answer with any content. He might say sorry I cannot answer, or say it is confidential, but I don't consider that an answer.

You will have to make up bogus yes/no questions subject to interpretation and future speculation and extrapolation by the peanut gallery.

A.R did give some kind of answer but

not sure what to make of it.

1. Sam May 16, 2020 at 7:53 PM

Hello DR Rossi

Can you give reasons why

total reliability of SKL is

below 80 percent?

Regards

Sam

2. Andrea Rossi May 17, 2020 at 4:33 AM

Sam:

Reliablity complexity are relative to the searched standards and the connected

risks.

Is this what he is referring?

https://guides.library.queensu.ca/c.php?g=501793&p=3436599

• These are comments from ECat World about it.

It seems that it is connected to the ‘standards’ and fool proofing of the SKL. Maybe that under some circumstances like: moister in the air, dropping on the floor, short circuiting or things like that it can go wrong.

• Avatar Frank Sedei  Gerard McEk2 hours ago

Your opinions are welcomed and respected. Eventually, we shall find out.

• Avatar Stephen  Gerard McEk4 hours ago edited

Yes it looks like it’s not about the reliability of the device it self more reliability needed for certification as a product for distribution.

Perhaps to make it tamper proof, or make sure it connects safety with out issues or make sure it can’t be missused in some way that could have issues? All power products would need care in this area. Even a light bulb can have high temperature and have issues if missused.

Andrea and his team are smart I’m sure these issues if they are the issues can be resolved.

• Avatar Roland  Gerard McEk4 hours ago

There's the stability of the SKL into a stable load and then there are complex and inherently unstable loads and 'acts of god', no electrical systems are proof against all circumstances and so it becomes a matter of relative risk as compared to existing standards and common issues like lightning strikes and transformers blowing up for no good reason. There's a long list of real world challenges that are exceedingly difficult to reproduce in the lab and the existing best practices have evolved over 125 years to cope as best as possible.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.