Rossi-Blog Comment Discussion

• It highly doubt it was a Master's degree in chemical engineering, but something more like a Bachelors level. So no thesis would be required.

It's an exaggeration to say Kensington was a 'pure diploma mill', but anything to get a dig in at Rossi makes it worth it, huh.

If you are going to cherry pick from the Los Angeles Times (link below), let us see some more from that article:

"Recruiting from across the nation, the school runs a program in which students studying entirely at home can earn anything from a bachelor’s degree to a doctorate--all without ever attending a single class or even meeting their instructors face to face. To the school’s owner, Alfred Calabro, Kensington’s “no fat, no bull” correspondence method reflects the future of higher education: serving students who want to expand their knowledge but can’t afford to put their careers and bills on hold. But to state regulators, Kensington hands out advanced degrees “which may have little, if any academic value” and has been perpetrating a “fraud on the public.”"

And the paragraphs immediately preceding your cherry-picking:

"The school’s first state review in 1994 found many problems, including routine acceptance of below-par student work, awarding inflated credit for so-called “life experience,” and not having enough faculty.

In one case, reviewers found that the school awarded a doctoral candidate in psychology credit for reading magazine articles and doing about a dozen short reaction papers. A later report said the school also awarded doctoral degrees after as little as four months’ work. In other violations cited by the state, an environmental science student received 52 credits for unspecified life experience, even though the legal limit is 30 credits. The same three instructors were reviewing all doctoral dissertations, regardless of the subject, even though the usual academic practice is for the readers to be experts in the field. And one education program graduate’s master’s thesis was replete with factual errors, regulators found. “When you have to read through this stuff, you say, ‘Oh my God, Oh my God, Oh my God,’ ” said Elena Ackel, a Los Angeles legal aid attorney who is vice chair of the Council for Private Postsecondary and Vocational Education."

And please inform us exactly what degree Rossi got from Kensington. IIRC it was not a Bachelor's Degree. I don't see how you could get any degree in Chemistry without having done laboratory work and Kensington had no labs. Of course Rossi could just say that he did any lab work at his lab and they could have just taken his word for it -- great basis for granting a degree. However, it would explain his modus operandi for his "development" of his various widgets.

https://www.latimes.com/archiv…04-23-me-61657-story.html

• The guy is clearly incredible. 10,000 connections by hand, 24 hours of record setting running at the age of 19, and an unbeaten boxer. When does it stop?

Given this, it's amazing that he cannot beat his wife in tennis. Maybe she played competitively. I'll have to ask.

This would impress me -- I believe the record is somewhere around 17 hours.

The Western States ® 100-Mile Endurance Run is the world’s oldest 100-mile trail race. Starting in Olympic Valley, California near the site of the 1960 Winter Olympics and ending 100.2 miles later in Auburn, California, Western States, in the decades since its inception in 1974, has come to represent one of the ultimate endurance tests in the world.

Following the historic Western States Trail, runners climb more than 18,000 feet and descend nearly 23,000 feet before they reach the finish line at Placer High School in Auburn. In the miles between Olympic Valley and Auburn, runners experience the majestic high country beauty of Emigrant Pass and the Granite Chief Wilderness, the crucible of the canyons of the California gold country, a memorable crossing of the ice-cold waters of the main stem of the Middle Fork of the American River, and, during the latter stages, the historic reddish-brown-colored trails that led gold-seeking prospectors and homesteading pilgrims alike to the welcoming arms of Auburn.

• Official Post

I said Sams question was intelligent, hence why he received the slammed door in the face by Rossi. Hardly bullying. Plus I can't think of any truthful information we have ever gotten from this conduit, can you? We have gotten humor though so I will miss that if Rossi cuts him off, which I expect unless Sam makes some kind of kiss-up post.

My comment was aimed at the general tenor of the conversation - not at any specific post.

• A boss with no employees, and who doesn't pay you either? (I assume you aren't on his payroll)

The way to deal with that kind of boss is to walk out, being careful to LET the door hit you on the way out, file unemployment, report the minimum wage violation to the state, and call a sleazy attorney to sue his a$z.

Defintely not on his payroll

FredZ777 asked me that once

and I had a good laugh.

I might qualify as an errand boy.

So I can’t quit since I have

not been hired.

I think it would be interesting working with Rossi.

He works hard which I respect in

a boss.He has a sense of humour.

I think he has mellowed over the

years so might not get kicked out

on the street like Fabiani or Steve.

But for now I will just post my

Brilliant comments on Rossi blog

to try to make it more interesting.

He He He

• This would impress me -- I believe the record is somewhere around 17 hours.

The Western States ® 100-Mile Endurance Run is the world’s oldest 100-mile trail race. Starting in Olympic Valley, California near the site of the 1960 Winter Olympics and ending 100.2 miles later in Auburn, California, Western States, in the decades since its inception in 1974, has come to represent one of the ultimate endurance tests in the world.

Following the historic Western States Trail, runners climb more than 18,000 feet and descend nearly 23,000 feet before they reach the finish line at Placer High School in Auburn. In the miles between Olympic Valley and Auburn, runners experience the majestic high country beauty of Emigrant Pass and the Granite Chief Wilderness, the crucible of the canyons of the California gold country, a memorable crossing of the ice-cold waters of the main stem of the Middle Fork of the American River, and, during the latter stages, the historic reddish-brown-colored trails that led gold-seeking prospectors and homesteading pilgrims alike to the welcoming arms of Auburn.

This is the Race that is hard to believe but it happened.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Aleksei Savchenko:

Thank you for your insight.

I think we must make a distinction between the R&D funded by the taxpayer for objectives purely scientific, whose projection in the timeframe for an industrial and profitable application is vague and undefined, and the R&D funded with private funds that for obvious reasons must reach a profitable product within a timeframe limited by financial issues. In the first case your insight is correct. In the second case, which is the one I am fighting through, your insight is not applicable. In fact:

1- the possibility of collaboration are limited by IP protection issues

2- the cash flow must necessary recover the expenses before the lack of money forbids to proceed

3- if you seat peacefully while your enemies try to destroy your work, you will be eliminated

I am telling this to you based on my personal bloody experience of half century of very, very hard work ( and life ). Unfortunately this is a war, a succession of battles: I cited two typical battles from a paradigmatic point of view, but this was only an example: obviously Waterloo for Russia and their allies has been a victory, while Austerlitz has been a defeat, we can change the points of view, but under a phylosophical point of view the issue is the same: competition is war and we have competition, whatever we do. The Ecat has been fought against from many sides from the first day it has been presented .

Here is another paradigmatic example of the first type, the type that fits with your insight: the ITER ( or Eater, if you want :( this concern has got billions and billions and billions of funds from the Taxpayer since the fifties and every 10 years they say that in the next 20 years or so we will have the nuclear fusion…everybody is happy, nobody fights against because everybody eats ( that’s why it has been dubbed Eater ), the Taxpayer has not the cultural preparation to understand that it will never work, the competition knows that it will never work, so everybody is happy, the IP is generously shared with everybody, because it will never make money, and the environment is perfect to be peaceful: why fight against a thing that will never work, but rains easy money from the Taxpayer on all the involved governments ? It is also the paradise of the managers there: no liabilities, no timeframes to show real results and a lot of publications that nobody reads, but are so intensely intelligent ! When they talk of it in the TV they say ludicrous things, like nuclear fusion is not dangerous because uses hydrogen and makes helium, both innocuous ( somebody could have thought that nuclear bombs are a bluff ). Nobody has the honesty to say that it is impossible to stabilize a magnetic field at a temperature over 100 millions K, and everybody is happy like an Easter.

On one point I totally agree with you: my citation of Waterloo as an example of defeat and of Austerlitz as an example of victory is stupid, because I forgot that what is a victory for one side is a defeat for the other side: this remark is as much intelligent from you, as it has been stupid for me not to get this point. So I make a correction, rephrasing as follows: I HOPE NEXT FRIDAY WILL BE A VICTORY, NOT A DEFEAT FOR OUR GREAT TEAM.

Warm Regards,

A.R.

• AR forgot to add:

"Now excuse me while I straighten my Batman cape, and get back to soldering.

Only 99978 more connections to finish, and each of them are different, you know.

Plus my Researchgate "Full Read Ping Bot" has crashed. Got to restart that first. "

1. Translate Andrea Rossi July 30, 2020 at 5:44 PM

Sam:

Yes, I am finishing the connections now, then go to sleep. The test will start in 5 hours and 17 minutes from now.

Warm Regards,

A.R.

Still thousands of connections to solder, then he will sleep less than 5 hours. Please don't let Andria oversleep. The world counts on him for it's survival!

Because he's the hero the world deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A Dotore Knight.

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

1. Message from the Boss.
    2. Drew G July 30, 2020 at 9:27 PM

Dr Rossi:

Looking forward to videos of the test. Best of luck tomorrow AM.

3. Andrea Rossi July 31, 2020 at 6:35 AM

Drew G:

Later I will publish here the surprising results.

Warm Regards,

A.R.

1. Sam July 31, 2020 at 1:26 AM

Hello DR Rossi

When can you tell us

the results of SKL test?

https://sites.psu.edu/siowfa15…19/coin-flips-arent-5050/

Regards

Sam

2. Translate Andrea Rossi July 31, 2020 at 6:32 AM

Sam:

Later ( goinf well)

Warm Regards,

A.R.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.