Rossi-Blog Comment Discussion

• So this cube size is 1.82677165 inches on each side.

In order to have electrodes in the plasma to extract this electricity, these must all be connected to the reactor, not "the ecat proper". Rossi says the shell is just for heat dissipation.

So for the 500,000 reactor side connections, that equals 62,500 connections for each cube face. This means a grid of 250 x 250 connections. The pitch of this grid spacing is then 0.0072" = 7.2 mils, in old fashioned english units lingo.

A typical surface mount pitch is around 50 mils, which is too small to solder by hand.

Maybe I made a mistake somewhere in these calcs but as you can see, anywhere near this density is an absolute pipe dream and Rossi is a ****** liar.

You should try doing some sanity check calculations some time. I assume you can calculate cube volumes and temperature conversions better than Rossi.

• Rossi is a filthy xxxx

I am sure that as an elderly middle class Italian he is very clean and tidy with tiled floors.. tiled gardens and a bidet

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Oh Rossi didn't say 500 thousand connections? Sorry, I take it back. That was my previous version of the calculations :)

Yeah, you had Rossi making one million connections rather than ten thousand. Also, your calculation gave the cube eight sides rather than six. And it seems you made the assumption that each filament going radially into the reactor core's plasma had only one connection, at the surface of the 100cm^3 reaction chamber. Other than that, your calculations seemed fine!

• So in other words, you mean that if no one has ever experienced a flying carpet, that doesn't mean there are no flying carpets that really work. Do I understand your point?

You'd need some evidence for flying carpets.

Like, say, a flying carpet seller who knew nothing about carpets or how they fly but with an internet blog recounting the robotic carpet-making factories he was equipping, and the ability to hold an audience entranced with his passionate and motivational accounts of Persian textile history.

• Daily lick, lap by one of the most active sock puppets of the illusionist.

• This is the Race that is hard to believe but it happened.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

How about this one:

The Badwater Ultramarathon describes itself as "the world's toughest foot race". It is a 135-mile (217 km) course starting at 279 feet (85 m) below sea level[1] in the Badwater Basin, in California's Death Valley, and ending at an elevation of 8360 feet (2548 m) at Whitney Portal, the trailhead to Mount Whitney. It takes place annually in mid-July, when the weather conditions are most extreme and temperatures can reach 130 °F (54 °C). Consequently, very few people—even among ultramarathoners—are capable of finishing this grueling race.

The field is invitation-only and limited in size. Demand to participate in the race usually far exceeds available spots. Rules have changed somewhat over the years: afternoon starts have been discontinued; the use of intravenous fluids now disqualifies a runner.

Course support is not provided. Each runner must arrange for his or her own support crew and vehicle. The crew provides their runner with his or her needs, including water, ice, food, gear, pacing, and first aid.

In the past, runners were allowed sixty hours to complete the course,[3] but this has been changed to a 48-hour course limit and a 28 hours cutoff at Panamint Springs Resort.[4] Finishers receive a belt buckle and medal but no prize money is awarded.

The record for the 146-mile (235 km) race was set in 1991 by Marshall Ulrich: 33 hours and 54 minutes. Records for the current 135-mile (217 km) course are 21 hours 33 minutes 01 seconds (men), set by Yoshihiko Ishikawa, and 24 hours 13 minutes 24 seconds (women), set by Patryzja Bereznowska.[5]  In 2002 Pam Reed was the first woman to become the overall winner of the Badwater Ultramarathon. She subsequently repeated as overall winner of the race in 2003. In 2002, her win also set the women's course record at the time.

IMHO, all of these people are NUTS. I used to know an ultra-marathoner and I asked him once, just once, what he did for fun. He said, "go over to the local high school with a few buddies and do a quick 50 [miles]." They are all CRAZY. But I love them, crazy and all.

• But your analysis is flawed. Waterloo definitely was a victory, but it was not accomplished solely by the British. They also had the Prussians, the Dutch, the Belgians, troops from Hanover, Brunswick and the Duchy of Nassau. Similarly, in both WW I and WW II, it was an alliance of forces that defeated Germany. In fact, I suspect that many, if not most, studies would show that collaboration is much more successful that competition. I recently read a short part of a study of one species of primate (not human) that showed that those male members of the species who were nicer, for lack of a better word, to the other members of the troop were more likely to have their genes carried forward. They lived longer and apparently the ladies appreciated them more. There are numerous game theory studies that conclude that if you approach someone else with courtesy and open hands they are more likely to respond that way, and if they don't, then it is appropriate to respond on their level. Those studies also seem to show that open hands, etc. result in a better outcome for all the parties, while being an asshole usually results in a lower or lesser result for the parties.

As an attorney, I can attest to that. I have always encouraged my clients to start off negotiations fairly and see how the other side responds. If the other side is an asshole, well, I can be a bigger asshole than anyone if I need to. The result of the first approach is less fighting, less mistrust, quicker negotiations and lower attorneys' fees. If the sides want to fight, the only real winner is the lawyers.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.