Rossi-Blog Comment Discussion

• So it seems there are no results nor any other information from the intense 3rd party tests of the previous device during the lockdown period? What happened to this important tests? Did the device fail totally and Rossi came up with his next iteration to be tested again next week?

There have been no third party tests

of the ECat-SKL yet.

Rossi is hoping for September.

• Sincerely, please provide ANY specifics that Rossi has said the new versions are better than previous and to an extend that warrants continued delay after delay. Not what you THINK it is, not what you might dream it is, but what Rossi has actually stated! Please give any specifics at all!

The delay in 3rd party testing and a subsequent presentation has been due to Covid-19. In the end the delay has been a good thing because Rossi has tweaked his Ecat SKL even further, even as recently as coming back from holidays last week. Before his latest tweak the Ecat SKL was reportedly (by Rossi) generating 4kW of excess electrical power and 1kW of heat. This is over and above the electrical power self looped back into the SKL. By presentation day it may be 4.75 kW electrical and 250 W heat output. There is no observed degradation in material over time.

The Ecat SKL, including its outer casing for heat dissipation is just 8 litres in volume and less than 1 kg. The controller is 4 litres in volume and weighs 1 kg.

It can (and presumably will) be started with a 12V car battery and run off the grid. Is that specific enough?

So yeah I would say it's better than previous versions of the Ecat, way better. An impossible invention, squared.

• Anyone from the Rossi imperium has a clue what impact this ongoing tweaking has to his "product" certifiaction? Probably not.... there has to be a time to start a product certifaction and whith this a freeze of all product related data. details, documents, safety testing etc. , the more for such a novel product where noone has an idea where the energy comes from...

No wonder why there will never be a commercial product. It is simply Rossis agenda to never have a product but instead ongoing R&D, "tweaking", and nice and warm reagards to his crowd of blind believers and followers...

• The delay in 3rd party testing and a subsequent presentation has been due to Covid-19. In the end the delay has been a good thing because Rossi has tweaked his Ecat SKL even further, even as recently as coming back from holidays last week. Before his latest tweak the Ecat SKL was reportedly (by Rossi) generating 4kW of excess electrical power and 1kW of heat. This is over and above the electrical power self looped back into the SKL. By presentation day it may be 4.75 kW electrical and 250 W heat output. There is no observed degradation in material over time.

The Ecat SKL, including its outer casing for heat dissipation is just 8 litres in volume and less than 1 kg. The controller is 4 litres in volume and weighs 1 kg.

It can (and presumably will) be started with a 12V car battery and run off the grid. Is that specific enough?

Very specific. Great stuff, other than the fact that there is not even a shred of evidence or corroboration for a single word of it. The Cult of Rossi is strictly a faith-based organization.

• Anyone from the Rossi imperium has a clue what impact this ongoing tweaking has to his "product" certifiaction? Probably not.... there has to be a time to start a product certifaction and whith this a freeze of all product related data. details, documents, safety testing etc. , the more for such a novel product where noone has an idea where the energy comes from...

No wonder why there will never be a commercial product. It is simply Rossis agenda to never have a product but instead ongoing R&D, "tweaking", and nice and warm reagards to his crowd of blind believers and followers...

If there are positive legitimate third

party tests then there should be

a commercial product.
    But like you say a lot of road blocks

to get it to market.

• sam12 -

my "coming out" to understand Rossi and his fraud activities was years ago....I found this forum and joined the discussions as an interested person who saw in Andrea Rossi the holy grail to solve all our global energy problems and get rid of global warming, CO2 and another catastrophic event like Tschernobyl and Fukushima....

I even had back then several fights and disputes with other more experienced folks on this board, because I really thought, Rossi has or will have the goods he was promising to the world and talking about on his blog. But soon I realized this all can't be nothing else than a giant fraud...time's gone by and month after month and year after year I saw the same old pattern: a new and revolutionary new technology, prototypes close to commercialization, robotic factories waiting for programming and cranking out final products, sold devices to satisfied customers, a newer version, making the previous obsolete, certifications, amazing and ridiculous inventions of alien materials over night, impossible physics and thermodynamics, contradicting all common technology, business abd product development rules - but: as IO said: NOT a SINGLE SHRED OF EVIDENCE other than Rossisays...

So I gave up soon, shortly after Rossi started his "working in the container experiment" and fraud with IH. One of the reasons I am still here is to follow how this Rossi fairy tale will end, and the other is to hopefully see somebody else light the new fire and see this become a mainstream science subject with all possible support ...and hopefully a product and a theory that fits.

You don't seem to see the writing on the wall. Good luck with further wasting your time and hopes with waiting for the ECAT SKL+ miracle... (we should bet what will be his next iteration...)

• Rossi finally reveals he is working with the DOD and this work is classified! This explains all the delays and secretiveness. Here all along I was assuming he is a scammer, but he is really a national hero!

1. Eleonor Mandi August 25, 2020 at 9:07 AM

Dear Dr Andrea Rossi,

in your paper

http://www.researchgate.net/pu…nge_particle_interactions

you write “dense exotic electron clusters in E-Cat are presented”.

Can you describe how you obtain the density of such clusters?

Thank you if you can answer,

Eleonor

2. Translate Andrea Rossi August 25, 2020 at 9:17 AM

Eleonor Mandi:

Sorry, this is a classified part of our IP.

Warm Regards,

A.R.

• The delay in 3rd party testing and a subsequent presentation has been due to Covid-19. In the end the delay has been a good thing because Rossi has tweaked his Ecat SKL even further, even as recently as coming back from holidays last week. Before his latest tweak the Ecat SKL was reportedly (by Rossi) generating 4kW of excess electrical power and 1kW of heat. This is over and above the electrical power self looped back into the SKL. By presentation day it may be 4.75 kW electrical and 250 W heat output. There is no observed degradation in material over time.

So yeah I would say it's better than previous versions of the Ecat, way better. An impossible invention, squared.

Mark,

None of these are vast improvements over prior "models"! And these minor improvements are to stop the release of the invention of the century? That they will stop the validation of truly independent testors? That they will stop the publishing of an accredited certification? That they would require showing a demo from your living room? (or kitchen?)

Not a single thing you listed has not been told by Rossi before during some version of his scam.

We had the Gas Cat... we had the Hot Cat... we had the 1 MW plant... we had the Quark, Quark X, SK , SKL and on and on.

If the original eCat did 1/2 of what Rossi claimed 11 YEARS ago, we would not have gas cars by now!

By introducing (and thus proving) ANY of his versions, Rossi would have likely WON a Nobel, been a Billionaire, by now and a movie made about him! What does he have now? A tarnished reputation that all but a very, very few die hard believers laugh at, money obtained by fraud lawsuit, no recognition and NO PRODUCT!

So you did give some specifics, but I say Rossi has made all these BEFORE at various times. Some units produced THRUST!, others produced "tuneable" lights! Others had great COP. He stated ALL of them had SATISFIED customers.

I disagree that .75 kw is even close to justifying holding back the invention of the century! It is like the Wright brothers stating they will not fly their Bi-Plane because they THINK they can create a mono-plane, which would be more efficient!

This is pure BS scam talk and I think you know it.

I have followed this story fore years, (I am not sure how long you have) and can state.

No collaborator of Rossi has ever came forward to endorse him. (Although A. Smith here gives the occasional thumbs up, even he seems to be quietly backing off support! :)) This is indeed quite damning! The Swedish profs?.... embarrassing!

None of the many claimed customers have ever endorsed Rossi. The only known customer, IH, painted a very bad picture of him during the lawsuit.

The under oath depositions of Rossi himself, proved he lied and committed fraud. No customer, no production, false invoices, etc. etc.

I could go on and on, but this has been rehashed a thousand times. Rossi is a liar and conman. He has performed multiple scams such as gold money laundering, Petro Dragon and other schemes. He has spent time in jail, being convicted for fraud.

His claims are repetitive and follow the same pattern. The only change is that believers drop out after being burned and then new ones discover him (such as you and Sam) and carry the torch for a while. Almost all drop out after a while.

To believe in Rossi for long, one should also believe in Big Foot and self looping magnetic motors. They all have about the same level of proof! :/

You really think the "specifics" you listed are reasonable to delay the invention of the century? That you really think that these reasons are substantiated with any logic or data behind them? (Rossi says does not count for crap as he has said the exact same thing over and over for years)

The fact that if you ask him about the past, you simply get black listed? That is exactly how cult leaders work! "Do not question the anointed one or you get excommunicated"

You can actually state here that the mountains of evidence against him is repudiated by the ZERO evidence for him?! I ask this sincerely and would like to know how you balance this out.

Again, my reasoning for posting is that I sincerely believe Rossi is harming LENR. Although he is fading fast, his lies and ridiculous scam still casts a dark shadow on LENR. People who support him (or do not call him out.... wink, wink to certain people here) are only contributing to that black eye !

:thumbup:

• You really think the "specifics" you listed are reasonable to delay the invention of the century? That you really think that these reasons are substantiated with any logic or data behind them? (Rossi says does not count for crap as he has said the exact same thing over and over for years)

*If* I had an invention I knew worked, and if I knew I could significantly improve it with some more time, and if I wanted to leave any competition in the dust and dominate the market for the foreseeable future, almost surely I would delay a mass market release. Rossi is doing what I would do.

• You can actually state here that the mountains of evidence against him is repudiated by the ZERO evidence for him?! I ask this sincerely and would like to know how you balance this out.

Evidence is very much in the eyes of the beholder and subject to spin by those who present a lopsided version of the story.

There is not 'zero' evidence for Rossi. It may be far from persuasive, but there is still some evidence. I will agree that from a 'common sense' perspective there is very little chance of the Ecat SKL working as claimed, on many fronts. But when there is an uncommon element involved - like a Rossi - I am no fundamentalist that common sense must prevail. And, strangely I feel good cheering Andrea Rossi on. If the time comes when I don't, I won't. Simple.

• I would like to see this evidence too Mark. Can you tell us what you perceive as evidence, even in a lopsided pro-Rossi view?

If it is something Rossi said on his blog, let me remind you that he recently has said he is not in Italy, while his lawyers said he is quarantined in Milan.

And he has said he personally soldered 10 thousand connections to the ecat, whose estimated reactor volume is 100cm^3 = a 4.6x4.6x4.6cm cube, which is a cube with about 1.8 inch sides.

Do these claims add to the evidence?

• *If* I had an invention I knew worked, and if I knew I could significantly improve it with some more time, and if I wanted to leave any competition in the dust and dominate the market for the foreseeable future, almost surely I would delay a mass market release. Rossi is doing what I would do.

I don't post here much any more, but you have here given me some red meat to engage with.

i disagree entirely. IF I had a disruptive new technology that worked, but could be improved, I would get it to market as quickly as possible:

(1) To gain 1st mover advantage

(2) To get massive funding to continue development efficiently

(3) (if I cared, which Rossi surely does) to be hailed as a Times cover saviour of the world.

However, if I made claims for disruptive tech, which I could not actually make work, nor convince any reputable partner it was real, I would do as you suggest, were I dishonest, or deceiving myself.

• I would like to see this evidence too Mark. Can you tell us what you perceive as evidence, even in a lopsided pro-Rossi view?

If it is something Rossi said on his blog, let me remind you that he recently has said he is not in Italy, while his lawyers said he is quarantined in Milan.

And he has said he personally soldered 10 thousand connections to the ecat, whose estimated reactor volume is 100cm^3 = a 4.6x4.6x4.6cm cube, which is a cube with about 1.8 inch sides.

Do these claims add to the evidence?

I'm referring to the the cumulative evidence that Rossi has something real, since 2011.

For the Ecat SKL it's only Rossi's word for now, but I'll take it. Within a few months I believe there will be evidence of the Ecat SKL.

Regarding the ten thousand connections, again, half of those are in the Ecat and the other half are in the controller. They are not all soldered connections. These are not evidenced, only Rossi says, but I believe him on this relative detail. He is an intense, endurance kind of person. But, admittedly it is hard to believe the output is what he claims - it seems far too good to be true, and my faith is not so strong that I'd bet anything - but I enjoy giving Rossi the benefit of the doubt. If he has just a tenth of what he claims - overstating his results to discourage competitors (say) - I would still be over the moon.

• BIG NEWS: Rossi is going to change the color of the box -- that's a game changer.

• i disagree entirely. IF I had a disruptive new technology that worked, but could be improved, I would get it to market as quickly as possible:

(1) To gain 1st mover advantage

(2) To get massive funding to continue development efficiently

(3) (if I cared, which Rossi surely does) to be hailed as a Times cover saviour of the world.

Rossi can afford to wait a year, and he still has first mover advantage. First mover advantage is a real thing, but your first move has to be a good one. Hit the market hard and fast with something great, not with something that can be significantly improved upon within one year. There should be no obvious means of improving it significantly, otherwise a wealthy and capable competitor will quickly figure it out and do it themselves, in China.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.