Rossi-Blog Comment Discussion

• To be more specific Rossi now claims to be harvesting information density in the space time, matter waves from zitterbewegung, and zero point energy, to just name a few. Everything *except* LENR. He doesn't want to be associated with those crackpots.

Even more, he has finely tuned the Ecat to harvest information density from, specifically, the minds of skeptics. So if you guys feel words or thoughts escaping you, don't worry ; it's all for a good cause.

• Even more, he has finely tuned the Ecat to harvest information density from, specifically, the minds of skeptics. So if you guys feel words or thoughts escaping you, don't worry ; it's all for a good cause.

Yes I remember, first he tried using the minds of believers but the information density was zero (just chatter) and the energy null.

• Well let's see. Rossi skipped town several times, from Italy to Miami to somewhere in europe that is not Italy (or Milan Italy if you believe his lawyer), Check. He also changed his hair dramatically, from the stylish dark haired male pattern baldness comb-back, to his fabulous new platinum sponge wig. Check. In the internet age charlatans carry on fine.

Exactly.

He is not Andrew Rose of Connecticut, or Anthony Ross of Iceland, etc. It is always the Andrea Rossi show.

• Official Post

Moved some posts to Clearance, please folks, refrain of using sarcasm, derision and name calling towards the man and the people that follows the sayings of il dottore, I don’t have any interest in anything he says, but the people that wants to waste their time following him is in their right to do so and there’s no need to chastise them for that.

• Moved some posts to Clearance, please folks, refrain of using sarcasm, derision and name calling towards the man and the people that follows the sayings of il dottore, I don’t have any interest in anything he says, but the people that wants to waste their time following him is in their right to do so and there’s no need to chastise them for that.

I think sarcasm is appropriate for the man Rossi at this point. His followers or at least half hearted defenders are what keep this thread amusing. For my bumper sticker slogan, "Keep the Rossi Thread Fun".

• I just happened to take a look at the last few comments on this thread after not reading LENR forum for a couple of years.

I noticed some comments about the poor memory of the Rossi followers regarding his previous claims.

I might note that perhaps some of those here who post derisive comments may also be suffering from a poor memory, including among other things

of results by a variety of researchers including Mizuno and Parkhomov (especially), and others who apparently found

evidence of excess heat and transmutations using setups very similar to Rossi's earlier setups. Of course,

that does not have so much bearing on Rossi's recent (past 2-3 years?) of opaque or non-existent demos.

But still based on the results of others it would seem quite possible that at least some of Rossi's work is real.

I would add that, while physics is a quantitative science, as a physicist I am not afraid of words like entropy, Zitterbewegung, zero-point energy etc.

They are just words which try to express some physical and/or mathematical ideas but I don't think that they can be attacked by themselves.

Quantum physics has led to many strange and counter-intuitive results and concepts.

I would add that a number of physicists such as Hanno Essen have supported (or been duped by?) Rossi in the past.

Finally, I suppose that those posting derisive comments and/or reading these comments are doing so for their amusement

since if they believe that Rossi is a scam (who are the ones being scammed by the way, the readers of his blog?) I would think that (like myself)

they would simply turn away and pursue other things until and unless some evidence is presented.

• Dear quizzical,

I notice your skeptical both with a very cautious approach to the Rossi case.

However, your argument is very coherent and full of common sense.

Unfortunately the Rossi's pseudos detractors here on LF are above all lost in mind with surely a life without relief, without major success, they come to fill the void their life here.

For my part, I have very confidential information on Rossi technology and expect to have fully understood its effect.

Unfortunately I don't have enough money anymore nor electronic knowledge necessary to well drive my runs ... nor notoriety of MFMP for example besides which they never proved anything finally.

On another topic i have also confidential informations about Mizuno R20 last improvement i can't disclose.

This is why also i know how this guy handles all R20 replicators who are taken for idiots for his service.

• Unfortunately the Rossi's pseudos detractors here on LF are above all lost in mind with surely a life without relief, without major success, they come to fill the void their life here.

For my part, I have very confidential information on Rossi technology and expect to have fully understood its effect.

Unfortunately I don't have enough money anymore nor electronic knowledge necessary to well drive my runs ... nor notoriety of MFMP for example besides which they never proved anything finally.

"We" (we, as in the "Royal We") the detractors are not "pseudos detractors", we are full fledged, hard core, ultra detractors. I also have information and it is not confidential. My information is published for all to see. I can't believe you would pull the "confidential information" card.

Edit by Curbina: Again, no insults, nor derisive comments please.

• You perhaps missed the time when Rossi used a female alias (outed by himself by announcing how wonderful was an article by yet another Rossi alias, hours before it was published online, and then hilariously confusing the aliases) and fought the impossible fight of trying to show how the Optris using only the 7-13 um IR band can ‘see’ the entire IR spectrum.

Good times...

• I don't think I've ever explained my rossi matrix.

truthsayer who has something -- WINNER!

truthsayer who has nothing -- deluded

liar who has nothing -- scam artist

liar who has something - Rossi

I'm not revisiting the whole history, but Rossi has some results that I can't disprove.

• The long wave IR (LWIR) cameras only see in long wave IR. They know of nothing outside of that spectrum.

An IR pyrometer is like a precise one or few pixel camera.

The IR camera also does not know the emissivity of the object being viewed. The default camera emissivity setting is usually 0.95 or 1.0 on most IR cameras (emissivity values range from 0 to 1) because almost everything has high emissivity in the long wave IR band. Metals typically have very poor IR emissivity, and are often highly reflective to IR. Metals often have a tight IR emission band in the deep in short wave IR range. Ceramics typically have weak short wave emissivity and strong long wave emissivity. Flames have selective, specific spectral emissivity bands unless made more greybody-like with entrained incandescent carbon particles, etc, and therefore are terrible targets for long wave IR thermometry.

The IR camera is calibrated against a blackbody. The camera’s detector sensitive range bandwidth is limited by the materials it is made of, and are usually in specific bands, of which the roughly 7 to 14 um IR band is in common use due to lower cost and relatively simple manufacturing requirements. A high transmissivity band of the atmosphere IR emissivity spectrum occurs around this LWIR band so it was one of the first IR bands exploited by inventors for non-contact temperature measurement.

Only one IR wavelength is needed to solve the equations to get the temperature of an object, if you know the emissivity of the object and have a reference to what a blackbody looks like at a range of temperatures. Obviously to make an image multiple wavelengths and multiple pixels are required.

The object could conceivably be emitting absolutely nothing in the short wave IR (SWIR) band, nothing at all at any wavelength, except for an emissivity of 1.0 in the camera detection range (LWIR). The temperature could be determined easily, and highly accurately. The total radiant power of an otherwise identical object but which is a true blackbody, emitting brightly in the SWIR, might be 5 times higher, but the temperature could easily be measured to be same, accurate, and correct using the LWIR range.

There is the total IR spectrum. Integrated into one emissivity function it is known as Total emissivity. Radiant power is calculated using this emissivity value.

There is the in-band sensitivity range of the IR camera. It is tuned and calibrated to a blackbody as it appears within that IR band. The emissivity setting of the camera is used to tell the camera what the emissivity of an object is within the band that the IR camera can see in. Because it cannot see in any other bands, this value is not the total emissivity of the object which includes contributions from all IR wavelengths. Sometimes the Total and camera In-band emissivity values can be the same, as in the case of a true grey body, where the emissivity is the same in all wavelengths. Most materials approximate a greybody spectrum at human-friendly temperatures.

Fitting an emissivity curve can be done using a spectrometer or multiple widely separated IR wavelengths (like the Williamson pyrometer). Otherwise a camera or single wavelength/pixel pyrometer can only plot out the in-band emissivity vs temperature, but cannot infer any broadband information outside of the detector sensitive range. Which doesn’t matter for determining temperature, but matters a lot for determining total radiant power.

Anyhoo, back to testing the Mizuno type calorimeter minus the acrylic box...

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.