Rossi-Blog Comment Discussion

• How hard is it to read a pump curve,

Plot flow, pressure & current to determine

if it’s realistic or not?

Curbina is correct that many mechanical devices are capable of achieving results way outside their listed specs when they are operated outside of normal limits. It isn't even just a matter of extrapolation. If the limits are pressed hard enough these devices can operate in ways that they were never designed for. In the case of these pumps, the manufacturer is interesting in publishing specifications informing customers of pump characteristics for achieving accurate, stable, results. They wouldn't want to stand behind anything else. They don't even approach the conditions that exhibit the true maximal capabilities of such things. You have to actually look and see what happens ... as Alan Fletcher did.

• Did I ever show this photo of the Doral Black container (Pt/graphite convertor) heat exit?

I've never seen this photo before. Is it from a real estate company?

I see a quartet of large-bore steel pipes closest to the viewer and it is these that I think you are calling the heat exit for the container that housed the graphene production facility owned by Rossi's fake JM Products company. That isn't quite right, however.

Photos that IH personnel took in Feb 2016 at the end of the 1-year test do not show the pipes where you see them now. In fact they don't appear at all in any of the pictures. Instead they first appeared (in their present position) in the April 2017 walkthrough of the Doral site by the contesting parties in Rossi's court case. In other words, they appeared after people here had noticed that the claimed 1MW heat production by the ecats would roast people alive if it wasn't disposed of somehow. I think the idea was that the pipes were supposed to have originally been the ones that Rossi had used up in the mezzanine for the heat exchanger he said he built. They are supposed to be evidence that Rossi really did build a heat exchanger up there. They are now on the ceiling and wall of the main room because, as Rossi explained in one of his depositions, they were reused after the Doral test for some top secret project that he couldn't reveal. There isn't enough of them, however, to account for all the piping that Rossi said was up in the mezzanine.

• I've never seen this photo before. Is it from a real estate company?

I see a quartet of large-bore steel pipes closest to the viewer and it is these that I think you are calling the heat exit for the container that housed the graphene production facility owned by Rossi's fake JM Products company. That isn't quite right, however.

Photos that IH personnel took in Feb 2016 at the end of the 1-year test do not show the pipes where you see them now. In fact they don't appear at all in any of the pictures. Instead they first appeared (in their present position) in the April 2017 walkthrough of the Doral site by the contesting parties in Rossi's court case. In other words, they appeared after people here had noticed that the claimed 1MW heat production by the ecats would roast people alive if it wasn't disposed of somehow. I think the idea was that the pipes were supposed to have originally been the ones that Rossi had used up in the mezzanine for the heat exchanger he said he built. They are supposed to be evidence that Rossi really did build a heat exchanger up there. They are now on the ceiling and wall of the main room because, as Rossi explained in one of his depositions, they were reused after the Doral test for some top secret project that he couldn't reveal. There isn't enough of them, however, to account for all the piping that Rossi said was up in the mezzanine.

Yes.

They line up with the four holes in a box (which I think covers the heat exchanger shown in one of the IH photos) behind the Black Container.
    I vaguely wonder how hot those pipes would be by the time the ducted air made it to the ceiling vent, if the air began at 103 C at nearly ground level. Basically they are a radiator in that configuration.

• Yes.

They line up with the four holes in a box (which I think covers the heat exchanger shown in one of the IH photos) behind the Black Container.
    I vaguely wonder how hot those pipes would be by the time the ducted air made it to the ceiling vent, if the air began at 103 C at nearly ground level. Basically they are a radiator in that configuration.

The pipes on the ceiling and wall do line up with holes in a box that sits on the floor. But it is all fakery as far as I can see. I don't think any of that was in place during the actual 1-year test - definitely not the pipes.

In one of his depositions, Rossi said that the contents of the JMP black shipping container were radically altered soon after the 1-year test ended so that he could use it for some new project that he couldn't reveal. Same with the pipes from the alleged mezzanine heat exchanger. I think that the real reason for doing all this was to prevent inspection of the contents of the shipping container so no one would spot what was really going on (it contained a pump to circulate water through the the water meter that was supposed to be measuring plant output). The pipes that appear in your photo, and the black box sitting on the floor, are simply decorative touches -- put there after the fact to suggest that the same pipes and a similar box had once existed up on the mezzanine.

• RE: Clearance Items

Given the long history of mice in this forum, I don't know whether I should be honored or peeved to have that post moved to 'clearance'.

RE: Uploaded Letters from Martin Fleischmann to Melvin Miles

Rats avoid warm water. (Really.) This water was probably scalding, and it was in a bucket. Only a desperately thirsty rat would try to drink from it, and it would probably end up drowned in the bucket. I have seen drowned rats and mice in urban Atlanta gas station cleaning fluid buckets during droughts.

I should add there is a large stream right next to the building. Large enough for dogs to swim in. So, there is abundant water. As long as the rats could get in and out of the building they would have all the water they want. The campus is one of the largest Nat. U. in Japan (3 sq. km - 740 acres). It has acres of fields, streams, trees and two experimental farms with barns and livestock next to the engineering department, right next to the underground laboratory entrance. (It is a great place to run.) If there are any rats, I expect they would stay in the barns and silos. They are hardly likely to come into the engineering department, and if they did, I am sure the facility managers and maintenance people would exterminate them. No one in his right mind lets rats run around laboratories with dangerous radioactive materials. There were locked doors, high voltage equipment and dangerous stuff everywhere. When they tore down the building, they found it was a de facto nuclear waste site. It took a ton a money to clean it up.

• Official Post

http://coldfusioncommunity.net/rvd-depositions/#Cassarino

These are the IH/Rossi depositions archived by our old friend Abd.

Still a fascinating story to me, and happy to follow informed debate about the whole Doral saga. Rossi was/is a conman, but at at least he was an interesting, and creative one.

Still waiting for the book by either one of his lawyers, or Darden's. I will be the first to buy it.

• Rats poisoned by Warfarin will have an insatiable thirst.

• The staff recently debated shutting down the Rossi thread to up the quality of the forum...which has been trending down in quality lately,

There have been some interesting

comments lately

Yeah Shane, where have you been? Sam and I agree. The Rossi thread is Great Again! Just check all the new lively banter. Nothing like discussing all the new ground breaking physics in the philosopher's latest masterpiece.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.