Rossi-Blog Comment Discussion

• Unless is was purposely done

• This is what I eagerly await. There is, increasingly, less and less room for ambiguity. The demo will presumably involve measuring Ecat SLK electrical output instead of heat measurement, the latter being fraught with all manner of trouble as we know. What could go wrong with simply measuring electrical input and output? 8o

Go Andrea!

There is no trouble with measuring heat Mark.

Simply use heat from the Ecat to boil and evaporate a swimming pool full of water.

There is no doubt then that the EcAt is producing heat in quantities to eliminate and chemical inclusion.

Measure, (CORRECTLY, this will be a problem for Rossi), the amount of power and energy (heat), the Ecat is consuming.

Calculate the amount of heat required to boil the pool of water.

It is beyond simple to prove

• Official Post

Measuring heat with enough accuracy would be better served without the need of boiling anything, and a pool would be a nightmare from the temperature homogenization point of view. A single temperature rise between two set temperatures of a reasonably sized volume of water with an appropriate mixing would be much better for accuracy.

• This is what I eagerly await. There is, increasingly, less and less room for ambiguity. The demo will presumably involve measuring Ecat SLK electrical output instead of heat measurement, the latter being fraught with all manner of trouble as we know. What could go wrong with simply measuring electrical input and output? 8o

Go Andrea!

It has been a long time since Rossi plugged a contraption directly into a Kill-A-Watt that was directly plugged into the wall outlet.

• Measuring heat with enough accuracy would be better served without the need of boiling anything, and a pool would be a nightmare from the temperature homogenization point of view. A single temperature rise between two set temperatures of a reasonably sized volume of water with an appropriate mixing would be much better for accuracy.

Curbina,

Correct, It would not be accurate, HOWEVER, if the “E whatever”, did in fact boil an entire swimming pool of water we would then KNOW

that it develops Energy Out > Energy In.

Andrea gets funding, research, scientific, engineering, manufacturing assistance because we KNOW it works.

Now he gets squadusch (Chicago slang for 0),

because we KNOW it does not work.

• The SKL is the latest in a series of props called e-cats, built by Andrea Rossi, a self-styled genius inventor and philosopher. In a bid to continue his pathetic personality cult stage act that (among other things) portends to solve the problems of the world’s energy needs and to keep his followers/marks from losing faith, ever-increasingly fantastic device improvements are reported by Rossi. The SKL e-cat is the current pinnacle of the series of Rossi’s nonsensical devices, soon to be replaced by yet another improved design, once enough time has passed to make some tentative followers wonder when the former pinnacle of ecat design will ever see the light of day. (The previous versions, however, are all destroyed and almost never mentioned again.)

- Obvious on the ECW “what is the e-cat SKL” story, post soon to be deleted and the author probably banned from ECW this time.

• Norma

January 6, 2021 at 9:18 AM

Dr Rossi,

Will the Ecat be able to supply energy to the hydrogen production plants ? If yes, the hydrogen economy could be enormously accelerated.

Andrea Rossi

January 6, 2021 at 10:00 AM

Norma:

Yes: that is, I think, one of the main targest we have to focus on.

Warm Regards,

A.R.

It looks that now we will have a new target - Hidrogen !

next will be warp drive WD-CAT and AR will start selling tickets to Alpha Centauri

• Just a side note -- over at e-catworld.com, Rossi is claiming energy extraction from the vacuum.

While this is improbable, at PNAS.org, the following paper proposes, but does not solve what

seems to be a paradoxical extraction of energy. See --

On conservation laws in quantum mechanics

ABSTRACT: We raise fundamental questions about the very meaning of

conservation laws in quantum mechanics, and we argue that the standard

way of defining conservation laws, while perfectly valid as far as it goes,

misses essential features of nature and has to be revisited and extended.

https://www.pnas.org/content/pnas/118/1/e1921529118.full.pdf

It involves the puzzling case of superoscillations, where low frequency waves

superpose to create an apparent high frequency photon. The usual explanations

of statistical energy conservation appear wanting.

I have read one paper (that I now cannot locate) of an experiment showing that

superoscillating optical fields can induce chemical transitions that none of the

lower frequency fields (that create the superoscillation) can induce.

• This is what I eagerly await.

Hi Mark. I was just reading your good questions to Rossi from Jan 6 on RossiLiveCat.

I am a bit confused by his answers to a couple of your good questions.

I am hoping you can clear up the meaning of Rossi's answers just like you cleared up the meaning of Rossi's new paper.

Here are your questions and his answers.

(MarkU) 2 ) In what country do you intend to have the conference?

(AR) 2- maybe

me: This is a fascinating answer I would like to better understand.

(Mark U) 5 ) Do you intend with the upcoming demo to provide enough rigour in a setup that might change the mind of a reasonable skeptic regarding energy generation?
    Or will it be geared more for informing those who already believe in an energy producing Ecat?

(AR) 5- skepticism is a problem for the skeptics, not for me

me: Since 99% of people are skeptics rather than true believers, does this answer give you hope that Rossi will actually show any proof at all it works?

If his intent is only to prove to his already believers, then what is the point? It is kind of like flat earthers showing other flat earthers "evidence" that the earth is flat, is it not?

• Lou Pagnucco

Perhaps that paper is in this thread you started 3 years ago?

Ultrasound induced transmutations in metal bars?

Alan,

An interesting observation. If the claims of that paper are correct, possibly acoustic superoscillations can cause localized very high energy collisions - just speculating, The paper I refered to use electromagnetic superoscillations to cause anomalous chemical reactions. If time permits, I'll find it.

• acoustic superoscillations or electromagnetic superoscillations that means both resonance behavior the more probable way to explain Lenr without exotic path..How a lot of eV fractions can be added together to reach the necessarily triggering threshold.

Alan,

An interesting observation. If the claims of that paper are correct, possibly acoustic superoscillations can cause localized very high energy collisions - just speculating, The paper I refered to use electromagnetic superoscillations to cause anomalous chemical reactions. If time permits, I'll find it.

• (MarkU) 2 ) In what country do you intend to have the conference?

(AR) 2- maybe

me: This is a fascinating answer I would like to better understand.

I think he accidentally flipped questions 1) and 2) in his mind.

1 ) Is the upcoming demonstration planned to be patterned after the Quark-X conference demo in Stockholm?

2 ) In what country do you intend to have the conference?

1- premature

2- maybe

(AR) 5- skepticism is a problem for the skeptics, not for me

me: Since 99% of people are skeptics rather than true believers, does this answer give you hope that Rossi will actually show any proof at all it works?

If his intent is only to prove to his already believers, then what is the point? It is kind of like flat earthers showing other flat earthers "evidence" that the earth is flat, is it not?

If the demonstration goes per usual, it won't be enough for the skeptics, it will half excite and half disappoint the believers, and the mainstream will continue to be largely ignorant of Rossi's work. This may be because Rossi doesn't have what he claims, or it may be because he does and he truly feels that he owes skeptics nothing, or it may be something in-between those two options.

I'm half expecting though the demonstration will be a departure, and there will be some wonderment among even skeptics. But my track record at guessing isn't good. In my last exchange with Rossi I described a naive picture of what I imaged was happening in the Ecat. He said sorry, it has little in common with his thinking. What a let down! ||

• acoustic superoscillations or electromagnetic superoscillations that means both resonance behavior the more probable way to explain Lenr without exotic path..How a lot of eV fractions can be added together to reach the necessarily triggering threshold.

Maybe. In the solar corona both acoustic and e-m superoscillations may occur --

Magnetoacoustic superoscillations may explain anomalous heating there --

Superoscillations in solar MHD waves and their possible role in heating coronal loops

https://arxiv.org/pdf/1801.08330.pdf

Also, perhaps of interest --

The now forgotten "superwave" signal is alleged to induce LENR in the old thread --

The Superwave --

seems to related to superoscillations.

Superoscillations may change tunneling probability --

How superoscillating tunneling waves can overcome the step potential

"...we prove that superoscillations overcome the potential barrier of the step potential

even though none of its constituent waves can."

https://www.sciencedirect.com/…abs/pii/S000349162030021X

Driving Quantum Systems with Superoscillations

"...We conclude that, either superoscillations really can beat the bandlimit and achieve superresolution (‘kinematic superresolution’) or the superoscillating high frequency is

absorbed and we gain dynamical access to the physics of high frequency processes

with low frequency signals (‘dynamical superresolution’)."

https://arxiv.org/pdf/1510.04353.pdf

• See work from Garai, Letts, Kervran, Rossi.

When we watch the main long wave which support the superwave, we have to consider that wavelength could be very long this is why i expect a minimum quantity we have to use for attempts.

1 or 2 grs couldn't be enough because the long wave could exist only probably if it could rest on a lot of matter (powder).

A kind of BE Condensate in fact.

• I think he accidentally flipped questions 1) and 2) in his mind.

I described a naive picture of what I imaged was happening in the Ecat. He said sorry, it has little in common with his thinking. What a let down! ||

If we have to switch around his yes/no answers to the questions we *believe* they correspond to, we can support any conclusion. Correct?

Your explanation which Rossi shot down was only necessary because his paper explains no source of energy. It is no surprise you are wrong because it is a trick question. There is no right explanation, or Rossi would have given it.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.