Rossi-Blog Comment Discussion

• I'll wait and see. (And no, not everything was disproved at Doral).

Unfortunately I don't have any domestic use for a 200W electric light, even as an outdoor floodlight.
    (What's the incandescent equivalent ... typically 10:1, ie 2000W ... maybe I'll set up an indoor grow!)

I'll order one for sure.

• Rossi is brilliant in his own way.

In order to sell these, he says he has to have 1 million preorders.

Since there are only maybe a few hundred or so minions that believe him and will order this, he will get an orders of magnitude less preorders (in the physics sense of orders of magnitude, not the Rossi sense).

So when he fails to get the 1 million orders, he can blame his minions. You are not worthy!!!!.

P.S. Also, who would order from someone who we don't even know what country he is in?

• Does this brilliant 1 million unit E-cat "SKLed" launch qualify as crow eating worthy accomplishment?

• PFD - I agree with your thinking. One million units at between $20 or $30 would mean $20 million for Rossi.

But of course he won't have one million units and he cannot sell one million units, which gives him the excuse to exit.

The other thing is the Orbo type scam where the the big day arrives and a few are sent out but then people complain the device is not working as expected. No problem just send the "faulty" device back then the scammer sends you a replacement - which amazingly also is not working as expected. After a week or so of this the scammer regretfully announces that all sales are halted due to unexpected product quality issues (you just cannot get the robots these days).

Having said that the Orbo scam was funded by nieve investors, who lost all their money.

Not sure what the point of this is for Rossi, is he hoping to make some money or just a Steorn type way to close down the show?

• It is often difficult to prove a negative. Just like Homer Simpson, I have a rock that keeps elephants away. I don't have any elephants around, so does that mean the rock works?

And as for proof that AR has nothing -- the entire IH / Doral episode proved, conclusively, that AR had nothing and was a fraud and conman.

The QX and SK came out of Doral.

https://e-catworld.com/2018/11…-test-damaged-his-health/

• I'll wait and see. (And no, not everything was disproved at Doral).

Unfortunately I don't have any domestic use for a 200W electric light, even as an outdoor floodlight.
    (What's the incandescent equivalent ... typically 10:1, ie 2000W ... maybe I'll set up an indoor grow!)

I'll order one for sure.

I'll be ordering at least one, perhaps three, given they are about $30 each and the information revealed in 10 days seems ok. The output surely won't be 200 watts. Iirc 200 watt LEDs go for more than $100 at stores.

If the SKLed output 200W of light, that is easily converted to heat by enclosing it in an opaque, heat conducting and radiating box, and voila you have a 200W space heater that consumes (say) 20W.

I'm guessing the SKLed output will be something like 10 watts.

• R: It is designed to make light with a dramatically high efficiency, by orders of magnitude higher that the best existing LED illumination systems (220 LM/W).

ONE order of magnitude = 220 * 10 LM/W * 200W = 440,000 LM
    (Of course, in Rossi-speak "orders" might mean 10% )

I found a table at https://www.rapidtables.com/ca…ht/how-lumen-to-watt.html

3000 LM = 200W Incandescent Watt (iW .. my term)

440,000 LM = (200W/3000LM )*440,000 LM = 30 K iW !!??????

Seems .... a wee bit high, even for AR. I suspect there's a Rossi-Unit factor in there somewhere.

• I am laughing now thinking about how once again, Frank Ackland will likely get sucked in to testing the SKLed, just like he got sucked into the Orbo debacle. Weeks of testing a fake device, trying to rationalize why it doesn't work.

It’s exactly like the Orbo, but instead of a magic box it’s a magic light. Will AR put it up for benchmark testing? Of course not, he needs to sell a million units first.

LED technology is great with a lot of interesting aspects to how they work. Below is a good place to learn about them, AR’s JONP is not.

https://www.ledsmagazine.com

• I'm inclined to think that by 200W he means "Incandescent" watts (iW above) rather than "input power" watts.

The input power to get 200 iW is reduced by a factor 1/COP, or expressed inversely, the LED efficiency is multiplied by COP.

Even I don't believe he's into fundamental semiconductor manufacturing.

• As usual I expect this "announcement" on JONP and ECW only, just reaching out to his brave followers. Tough job to collect from Frank Acland & Co 1 mio+ orders, to be honest :)

Would be a complete surprise for me, to see and read his announcement in other business or mass media, or in some CNN, Fox or other news around the globe.

BTW: who is interested in buying an Ecat, can simply go to the Leonardo Website to check what products are still available for sale and ordering. Who cannot wait - give it a try!

I am not sure if all that historic stuff is outdated anyway, since he is now in the LED lights business (with grid powered LEDs! not powered in SSM by his SK gadget)...as Bod Dylan sang long ago: "The Times They're A Changin'" - could be Rossi's theme as well :)

• Rossi will very soon release a picture of the SKLed and the specs, and that is when preorders will be started.

Nothing news, Rossi's tactics based on picture, specs and pre-orders (followed by nothing on the shelves) started at least 10 years ago.

About old and forgotten "masterpieces", his website has already shown.

My hunch is that he will do this on March 23 2021, the 32nd anniversary of the F&P announcement.

He's familiar with this kind of licking in order to curry favour with his gullible fans.

• Don't have the picture at hand, but I am sure many here still remember the first provided picture of his QX invention back in the Doral days in the container? Was a little bright blurry blue light...so 5 years later he seemed to find out it was a LED? Back to the roots! :P

• Unbelievable. Mats is still giving Rossi compliments? I guess when you write the Rossi Gospel according to Mats, it is hard to turn back.

But seriously, how can someone with an engineering physics degree and who claims to be a technology journalist still not come out and admit he was defrauded?

He is looking like a complete fool now, until he writes the sequel "An Impossible Invention, A Certain Fraud"..

And what about the Swedish scientists who helped convince me that Rossi was for real before I came to my senses? Which cave have they hidden in?

1. Mats Lewan March 16, 2021 at 5:08 AM

Dear Andrea,

The news on the E-Cat SKLed is interesting. My compliments.

As for the need and demand for clean (non-fossil) electricity, apart from lighting, transportation, and heating, and industrial applications such as steel production, one important use today is in data centers.

Please let me refer to a radio report by BBC on this topic, to which I contributed, covering the establishment of huge data centers by Facebook, Microsoft, Amazon, Google, and others in Sweden because of the cheap and fossil-free electricity we have in our country.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/w3ct0xbc

2. Translate Andrea Rossi March 16, 2021 at 6:05 AM

Mats Lewan:

Very interesting, thank you,

Warm Regards,

A.R.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.