Rossi-Blog Comment Discussion

• Of course it is a well-known legal manoeuvre, and sometimes it works as you suggest -but it's hard to get tired of waiting for $1M. Plus costs.

Unless there is a specific attorney's fees clause, "costs" does not include attorney's fees. It generally includes items such as the filing fee, the court of a stenographer for depositions, possibly expert's fees, etc. The biggest dollars, attorney's fees, are not included in costs.

• Everything was setup by the big oil and energy players ... poor Rossi you have no empathy. See what happens when you have a product like SKLed! which shakes the global market. Confidential information is already circulating .... Philips and GE want to sell Led light divisions.

I have consulted with the Great Oracle, and he says that the confidential information he has heard is that everyone Rossi approached laughs in his face.

• About this kind of lawsuit does the possibility of prescription exist after a certain number of years without a final judgment?

If yes (apart paied witness solution) the magician would like not better then.

A few thoughts from a California lawyer. First, I have NOT reviewed the docket or the publicly available documents. Having said that:

(1) if the contract was for litigation document management services, I would expect the contract to have an attorney's fees clause pursuant to which the winning party recoups their reasonable (as approved by the judge) attorney's fees;

(2) most jurisdictions in the United States have Statutes of Limitations providing that actions have to be brought within a certain period of time -- generally for breaches of contract somewhere between 4 - 6 years (each State makes its own rules);

(3) as long as the action was commenced within the time limit, it doesn't make a difference if it is not concluded within the time limit -- civil cases have to go behind criminal cases (although Florida may have separate civil and criminal courts) and it is not at all unusual for civil cases to take several years;

(4) if the plaintiff here had not timely commenced the action, AR's counsel would have immediately filed a motion to dismiss, which would have been granted;

(5) as I have noted several times, I am not a physicist, engineer or any sort of hard scientist, I am a lawyer -- therefore I don't opine on matters where I have no expertise -- US COURTS DO NOT FOLLOW UK LAW -- yes, much of our common law derives from English common law and yes a US/State judge can sua sponte adjourn a case sine die if neither party is moving forward, but that is extremely extremely rare -- if the plaintiff isn't moving forward, and the delay is not due to the defense being obstructive, courts will more commonly issue an OSC (Order to Show Cause) to the plaintiff ordering them to show cause why the case should not be dismissed, at which point the plaintiff either gets his ass in gear or the case gets dismissed. If this case were dismissed, it is very likely that any new action would be beyond the Statute of Limitations and time barred.

(6) if AR is being obstructive, e.g., deliberately missing deposition dates without legitimate excuse, the plaintiff will file a motion for sanctions, which judges may or not approve depending on how bad the obstruction was. Sanctions can be monetary (the usual sanction being the amount of the attorney's for bringing the sanctions motion), issue preclusion -- this means that the court can rule that a particular issue shall be deemed to have been decided in favor of the other party and terminating sanctions, where the court believes that a party's behaviour (relating to the court action, not the underlying dispute) is so horrific that said party loses their case without the requirement for going to a jury, etc.

(7) given that courts are starting to resume in person proceedings, I anticipate that by the time this actually goes to trial, Rossi would be required to physically show up to be examined in court by plaintiff's counsel. Which would mean that his credibility would be challenged using all of the evidence brought out in the IH litigation. If he were to refuse to show up, absent some truly legitimate excuse, the judge would be mightily pissed off and could issue terminating sanctions.

(8) before someone suggests that he take the Fifth Amendment, that really only protects him in a criminal trial, not a civil one. If he attempts to plead the Fifth, the court may compel him to answer or be held in contempt (which means bring a tooth brush because you are going to be locked up until you agree to answer the questions) or the court could allow him not to answer but then instruct the jury that the jury make make all the negative inferences from his refusal to answer. And before someone claims that choosing to plead the Fifth can't be used against you, that again only applies in criminal matters. In civil cases, refusing to answer will almost always lead to the court instructing the jury that they can reach a negative conclusion about the issue that the witness refuses to answer.

The above is a summary general description. There are always exceptions to the rules, but IMHO AR is toast.

- I have been informed that fake licensees are offering our products -

Considering the buyer profile, it is not surprising the appearance of many such sellers

• Rossi"s deposition is now rescheduled.

PLAINTIFF’S RE-NOTICE OF TAKING DEPOSITION

PLEASE TAKE NOTICE that the undersigned will take the oral deposition of:

NAME DATE AND TIME LOCATION

Innovative Service Technology

Management Services, Inc.’s

Corporate Representative with

the most knowledge concerning

the subject matters identified in

Schedule “A” attached hereto.

June 17, 2021

9:00 a.m. EST

Virtual/Zoom/Webex

Andrea Rossi June 18, 2021

9:00 a.m. EST

Virtual/Zoom/Webex

• In the midst of this legal hubbub, a post appeared on Rossi's blog:

2021-05-27 07:59 Sue Law

Mr. Rossi, is e-cat skl suitable to start another e-cat skl?

2021-05-27 15:48 Andrea Rossi

Sue Law:

Yes.

Warm Regards,

A.R.

I for one thought the name of the poster was clever and mischievous. Carry on.

• Oh man. The sock puppets with the space before the question marks are out in full force on JONP.

2021-05-31 03:33 Lamb Chop

Dr. Rossi,

Why do you stick your arm up my abdomen and make me ask inane, softball questions all leading to references to your paper ?

Do you do this to Ernie and Bert ?

Have any of us filed restraining orders ?

2021-05-31 03:36 Andrea Rossi

Lamb Chop

You can "full read" http://www.researchgate.net/pu…nge_particle_interactions references concerning research performed on Sesame Street.

Warm Regards,

A.R.

• Ok, this sock puppet post by Rossi is the worst ever. This post is real, not a joke by me. He is just making fun of the stupidity of his followers now. What "physicist" would ever say something so stupid like this? Of course with the obligatory space before the question mark.

2021-06-02 10:03 Physicist

Dear Dr Andrea Rossi,

Where can I find references to the fact that Dirac has anticipated the luminal speed of the light of the vibrarions of electrons ?

EDIT:

I looked up Vibrarions on Rossipedia and discovered they are superluminal quanta of vibrational energy analogous to tachyons. It now makes sense that Rossi, uhh, I mean Physicist, makes the distinction between luminal speed and light speed.

(That was a joke)

• Ok, this sock puppet post by Rossi is the worst ever. This post is real, not a joke by me. He is just making fun of the stupidity of his followers now. What "physicist" would ever say something so stupid like this? Of course with the obligatory space before the question mark.

I suggest to change the acronym of the magician’s blog from JONP to HIBS that means High Intensity Bullshit Sorce.

• Mats tried to be a reliable science journalist: and initially investigated Rossi, coming out, after a while, with a strong positive stance.

So he had a lot invested. After he has said - after much "it could be" that Rossi was for real, going back against that is admitting his journalism was bad from the get go.

Which it was.

He was one of the most useful Rossi followers (to Rossi) exactly because he presented himself as an unbiassed seeker of the truth.

THH

• It can say he’s a guy with very limited capacity that doesn’t want to admit he was made fun from the beginning and that still panders the magician’s farce being at this point too much heavy personally involved in his hoax.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.