Rossi-Blog Comment Discussion

• There are several more acts to play yet. Even if you lose, in many jurisdictions you can ask a jusge to audit the costs for accuracy and reasonable expectation of value.

Alan: I don't comment (or very very little) in your areas, you know, science stuff. Please don't opine on American law -- you are not a lawyer. If AR is being sued by a litigation services provider, I am 99.44% certain that their standard services agreement provides for attorneys' fees and costs.

AR is potentially on the hook for three categories of payments: (1) costs for the actual services or goods rendered by the service provider -- all they have to prove to the judge and/or jury is that they rendered their services or delivered their goods, that they met the required specifications and that AR did not pay -- at that point there is no disputing the "value" of their goods or services (at least 99% of the time). They prove they delivered, that AR did not pay and they win.

(2) the second category is "costs" of the litigation. But costs do not include the attorneys' fees -- they include the filing fee, let's say approximately $500, the costs of hiring a court reporter for both trial and for depositions, the costs of hiring any experts and similar costs. FYI, many civil courts no longer provide a free court reporter and if you want a transcript, whether for daily review (really expensive) or in case you anticipate losing and needing one for appeal, transcripts are not cheap. Transcripts for depositions and a 3 day trial can easily exceed $10K. Judges are not going to adjust actual costs -- you win, you get them.

(3) The big driver though is attorneys' fees -- let's assume that the plaintiff has one partner, one associate and one paralegal working the case, which would be fairly light staffing. I would expect a mid-size law firm partner in Miami to bill out at no less than $700 per hour before trial actually starts and at least $1,000 an hour during trial. Mid-level associate somewhere around $400 an hour and a paralegal around $125 an hour. This sounds as if it is not a terribly complicated collection case -- there should absolutely be no discussion or evidence regarding the widget itself -- I would expect the plaintiff's law firm to have spent no more than 50 partner hours, 150 associate hours and the same for the paralegal. Of course if AR is actively resisting discovery, that means that the partner, et al, get to spend more time preparing routine motions to compel and going to court (although via zoom, it is still court time) arguing these motions and lots of billable time fighting with AR's lawyers. So my estimates might be low. You can see that this gets very expensive very quickly. And yes judges have the right to adjust the number of hours a lawyer can charge, and the rate, but if the rate is the market rate in that area, the judge is unlikely to cut by more than 10%, and if AR has been a jerk about complying with his discovery obligations, judges get pissed off.

American judges really don't cut jury awards when it comes to collection matters -- those are pretty cut and dried. If the provider did their job, they get paid whether you win or lose.

One last note: Florida is a very generous state for individuals who file for bankruptcy -- they make your primary residence essentially off limits to creditors. But IIRC AR has multiple properties in Florida and he can only claim one as his primary residence. And if he tries to shield the other properties from his creditors -- well, the bankruptcy courts frown on that, unless of course you are really wealthy and you have really good lawyers. And I suspect that the caliber of lawyers who could do that for him would want an engagement fee in excess of what is in dispute in the present litigation. And that fee has to be paid before you file bankruptcy. I have been involved in a few cases where the engagement retainer, for individuals, was $500K.

• woodworker 511 posts to date Motive? Fraud? Science?

"Point to be noted is that, as the name it suggests, ‘cold nuclear fusion can be visualized as a peculiar exothermic nuclear physical phenomenon associated with fusion of atoms at low temperatures of the order 300 to 1000 degree Kelvin against currently believed fusion of atoms associated with a temperature of the order of million degree Kelvin. Cold fusion experiments can be classified into two categories’. First one is ‘Electrolytic Cold Fusion’ associated with ‘Electrolysis of Deuterium’ and second one is ‘Hydrated Cold Fusion’ associated with ‘preheating of hydrated metals in a pressurized reactor’."

Also note

"Based on the repeatable nature of hydrated cold fusion experiments conducted by S. Focardi, Andrea Rossi, A.G. Parkhomov, E.O. Belousova Yu. LN. Bazhutov, A.I. Gerasimova, V.P. Koretskiy, Yasuhiro Iwamura, Tadahiko Mizuno, Jed Rothwell, Prahlada Ramarao, N.S. Varaprasad, P. Shyam Sunder and Shashank G Dath and other eminent scientists [5-22], it seems compulsory to review the basics of cold nuclear fusion positively."-Seshavatharam and Lakshminarayana 2021

"Point to be noted is that, as the name it suggests, ‘cold nuclear fusion can be visualized as a peculiar exothermic nuclear physical phenomenon associated with fusion of atoms at low temperatures of the order 300 to 1000 degree Kelvin against currently believed fusion of atoms associated with a temperature of the order of million degree Kelvin. Cold fusion experiments can be classified into two categories’. First one is ‘Electrolytic Cold Fusion’ associated with ‘Electrolysis of Deuterium’ and second one is ‘Hydrated Cold Fusion’ associated with ‘preheating of hydrated metals in a pressurized reactor’."

Also note

"Based on the repeatable nature of hydrated cold fusion experiments conducted by S. Focardi, Andrea Rossi, A.G. Parkhomov, E.O. Belousova Yu. LN. Bazhutov, A.I. Gerasimova, V.P. Koretskiy, Yasuhiro Iwamura, Tadahiko Mizuno, Jed Rothwell, Prahlada Ramarao, N.S. Varaprasad, P. Shyam Sunder and Shashank G Dath and other eminent scientists [5-22], it seems compulsory to review the basics of cold nuclear fusion positively."-Seshavatharam and Lakshminarayana 2021

As I noted, I don't comment on the science side as I understand very very very little of it. So I have no idea what you are talking about there and why it is or is not important or relevant.

Also note

You suggest that just because "Seshavatharam and Lakshminarayana" who I never heard of, inluded Rossi in a bucket list of Lenr researchers, then that means Rossi is not a charlatan? How many on this list CURRENTLY believe Rossi is legit and are happy he is included? Next time you plan to give evidence supporting Rossi, please give evidence supporting Rossi, not groupings which disparage everyone else on the list. For example, ask Jed what he thinks of Rossi, Byron. He will answer here.

• News by the magician:

:D :D :D Based on the above bullshit he has one hundred of rooms where will made presentation... :D :D :D

hmmmm.... OR.... he made a mental slip and stated the number of "regular" LED's he is going to use to get the lumens he promised! Most likely none of it will happen anyway.... why wait until November???? His unit is supposedly working marvelously now!

Of course any sensible person knows the reason......

• why wait until November???? His unit is supposedly working marvelously now!

Of course any sensible person knows the reason......

I don't know, but I would think the delay to November has to do with

1) a wait for Covid to lessen

2) small modifications to the SKLed yet to be done, based on a certification process that is not complete yet.

Rossi does not seem like someone who delays for no good reason. He even went ahead with this SK demo in his condo even though his voice (after a throat operation?) was hardly fit for it.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.