Rossi-Blog Comment Discussion

• That would be 'relative thermometry;..it has it's own errors but it works.

It is all relative…

It has less errors than a proper mass air flow calorimeter because it is the same as one, but without adding a dozen more errors by adding air speed measurements, precise inlet and outlet geometry measurements, and a heap of data needed to tie together air mass and volume that all end up factored by the Delta T anyways.

Edit: The outlet (or inlet) fan at a constant speed is still needed, and especially a requirement to reach steady state peak temperature in the box, (preferably insulated but actually not incredibly important as air leak proof [except for ‘high’ temperature systems where insulation becomes important]).

• Is it an obviously yes or obviously no?

Probably the next magician trick is not still well defined, the great Team is studying it.

Calle H
    November 7, 2021 at 5:30 AM

Dear Dr. Rossi,

I apologize if this question is evident or already answered: The 10,000 lumens from the SKLed is by a continuous flux of photons and not rapid pulses, or alike, that fools the eye and the measurement instrument measuring the lumens.

Kind regards,

Calle H

Andrea Rossi
    November 7, 2021 at 9:30 AM

Calle H:

Obviously

Warm Regards,

A.R.

• And I have tested a plain corrugated moving box as a calorimeter housing. Heat recovery was about 66 % at 25 to 40 C outlet temperature, and a 200 C object.

An uninsulated acrylic calorimeter box, in comparison, typically has a recovery of about 70 %, but takes 40 minutes longer to stabilize than the cardboard box because the acrylic has such a high heat capacity compared to the corrugated cardboard (which can insulate better than acrylic also, but is harder to seal).

• Before any lamps get delivered, the fearless band of Rossi devotees (and there are no doubt dozens of them still) need to order a million of them. So you stalwarts had better start lining up your financing.

I'm thinking that if a miracle occurs and a million orders are achieved, it's Andrea Rossi who needs to line up the financing to industrialize the mass production of a whopping million units. Or perhaps that is already arranged. December 9th will be an inflection point, for sure. I think. Maybe.

• Speaking of miracles, how many people do you Rossi fans think have even heard of this lamp and how many do you think give a hoot about it? (Warning: your response may reveal details of your grip on reality.)

I'll guess about half of the people who follow LENR know about Rossi's SKLed. That would be around ten million people. No wait, I'll reduce that by four orders of magnitude and say about a thousand. 8o

• A thousand seems about right. Let’s even posit that all of them are somehow optimistic that the lamp actually performs as claimed. So, once again, get that financing in place. Your hero needs you to order at least a thousand lamps. Hope are are planning to build a stadium so you can put them to use.

• When or better if you will have in hand something really available to be tested we can talk.

Now yours are just useless chatter.

I already indicated here how test the magician claim in order to unmask the bluff if any.

• Here is an interesting discussion about lifetime of the new SKL (from Frank Aclands ECW):

"Andrea Rossi stated that the early E-Cats would require refueling every six months. Now the Ecat.com website provides this information about the SKLed: “The operational lifetime of the lamp is up to 100,000 hours, meaning about ten years of uninterrupted, continuous use.”

Maybe Rossi got some inspiration by this world-famous old bulb ("The Centennial Light") running in a Livermoore fire department since 1901?? Designed as a 30W bulb inittially, it now runs dimmer, at approx. 4W! Coincidence? 8o  

Still a long way to go for his SKLED, even if 100.000 hours claimed (of course not confirmed, just guessed or invented).

A photo of the pendant light at Fire Station #6 in which the bulb is installed.

• He has written "up to 100.000 hours", so also a stuff having zero or few hours of on field operational lifetime does not contradict the claim. :D

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• There is no pre-payment and nothing (legally) stopping anyone from backing out after ordering.....so why doesn't somebody just place an order for 1 million?

Does anyone really believe that Leonardo Corp is able to handle the logistics to manage taking payments and making worldwide deliveries for 1 million of these by the end of next year?

I doubt that Rossi has even bothered noting any orders, apart from possibly harvesting the email addresses.

Still the presentation might be entertaining. I wonder which of the usual suspects will be rolled out and whether there will be any new gullibles or opportunists on show.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.