Rossi-Blog Comment Discussion

• Official Post

Going from memory, so do not hold me to all I say about that 28 oct 2011 "test". Of all, it is probably the least convincing. Rossi kept the invited guests...including some scientists, at arms length as he went through his routine. There was an AP reporter also invited, who left, and never wrote an article about his observations...which tells you something.

The 450kw genset ran the entire time. When the video's became available there was debate as to whether the generator sounded as if it was in "idle", or running full out...as the 1MW was reportedly in SSM at the time. The test was originally scheduled for the 1MW to be run at full capacity, but Rossi claimed problems with half his reactors, so suspiciously he ran it at the output level of the genset.

The test was attended by a "NATO Colonel", who was there ostensibly to take delivery if the test were successful. No surprise that it was deemed successful, and the Colonel signed for it. Somehow the document was made public (on Cobraf I believe) with the Colonel's name blacked out, but someone easily read through the blackout to see the name Domenico Fioravanti. Then later Rossi "outed" Fioravanti as the NATO Colonel. It all seemed choreographed like a cheap stage play...or scam. Just the fact that NATO would send one of their own to a public showtest, to take delivery of a cold fusion device is laughable. The military just does not work that way.

Gary Wright smelled a rat too, and put out a "wanted poster" with the Colonels picture so that someone would hopefully identify him. To this day though, we are not really sure who this guy really is. Unfortunately, like all his detailed investigative articles, Gary's report on the NATO Colonel is no longer available on his "Free Energy Scams", which replaced his previous "ShutDownRossi" site. As a side note: Acland tried to get an interview with Cures on Cobraf about 3 years ago, Cures refused, and that was the last heard from Cures. For all we know, Penon is DF/Cures.

Were all that not enough; Rossi followed up the successful test, and acceptance by the military, with accounts of the 1MW being shipped stateside. When the same 1MW plant was seen months later, still in his garage, he claimed the customer wanted him to replace the gaskets. That is the same 1MW IH bought from Rossi for $1.5 million after the 01 May 2013 Validation Test.

• journal-of-nuclear-physics.com…cpage=100#comment-1176170 Hank Mills, April 23, 2016 at 1:50 AM .... I find stuff when I'm looking for something else. I will cover this below.

What I had found was that the JONP post referred to a post here by Hank Mills, but the link was broken. It took me some time to find what had happened. But then I noticed what somehow I had overlooked at first. Happens at my age. We can be looking right at something and "Wow! How did that get there!" It can be really exciting driving a car....

Just for your information:

Hank Mills asked me to delete all his posts and his account.

I complied this request.

At this point, this was Liked by Alan Smith and he made what seems a snarky comment. Which is strange because Alan is working with Mills. Maybe he was happy Mills had left so that Mills could focus on more important issues....

That was a drastic request, possibly undoable. It is common on Wikipedia for users to become frustrated and, if they have advanced privileges, to request that they all be removed. The request is public. Stewards do not act on it immediately. Users may request their account deleted, but it is almost always not actually deleted, but renamed with a name like "Vanished user 314159" -- an actual example. All the edits remain in the database, unless something very special is needed, which takes advanced privileges and there are normally restraining policies. Anyone can still see the edits. It's transparent. If something creates a legal problem, there is OTRS.

This was apparently Hank's last discussion: me356: Reactor parameters [part 2]

No clue that he is about to blow his fuses. Has he ever disclosed why he left like that? Dewey commented: "No wonder Hank Mills couldn't take it any longer." but that was a speculation, perhaps, because Hank continued to write about Rossi in very positive ways after his account was nuked here.

• Para, was that tongue in cheek or serious? My irony bone is worn through. Anyway, Google says: "No results found for "professor fioravanti" padova polytechnic." (or Polytech instead of Polytechnic) Either the professor or the university doesn't…

Hi Mary, I saw your post on FT was removed and you were threatened with a ban. I wonder why that happened.

• Abd, just FYI, HM and I are good friends of many years standing.

Yes, I not only noticed the relationship, but mentioned it.

No Snarkiness, you appear to be becoming obsessed.

What I commented on was an appearance of snark. That is how most people would take it. I did not claim you did anything wrong. If you are sensing obsession, I can suggest where to look.

(The meaning of "thanks for all the fish" in that context is quite unclear. It is commonly a snarky expression; for example, a certain long-term harasser of users trying to edit the Energy Catalyzer article on Wikipedia, AndyTheGrump, eventually was confronted for his abuses, actually in a fairly minor way, but he was so offended by "losing" in a discussion that he retired, with "Thanks for all the fish." It's what the porpoises said when leaving the Earth, in Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, when the Earth was about to be demolished to build a bypass.)

• Abd,

Thank you. Can we start talking about LENR again?

In another thread, Shane. I've been watching all activity. This thread is about Rossi blog comments and whatever other noises some want to make. Today I'm in reactive mode, after spending hours yesterday putting together the new Rossi v. Darden filespace on colddfusioncommunity.

• Again, all this has been explained, though IH has not stated why they did what they did, there are plausible motivations and IH was, from a very reasonable point of view, successful. They got what they wanted, which was to find out the reality behind the Rossi claims. What they found may not be complete, but it's a lot more than anyone else except maybe Rossi himself knew. Why did Rossi sue IH? Good question. Try to answer it instead of bluffing with questions as if you find the answer obvious.

Why did Rossi sue IH???? For 89 million good reasons.....

"... though IH has not stated why they did what they did".... In fact I really don't understand their motivations, even if you find them so plausible. They were waiting for a GPT, and Rossi began a test that they did not consider a GPT. But they stayed quiet, and had some visitors and raised money from investors. At the end of the test they didn't give a penny to Rossi, saying "Your test is not the GPT". They could say it from the beginning, but they chose to shut their mouths. And you find this attitude "very reasonable"? Well, if you are right I must be a very irrational man....

Quote from Abd Ul-Rahman Lomax

Rossi was contractually obligated to allow that visit, in several ways, but he refused. IH could have immediately shut the installation down or sued if necessary, but they chose to ride it out. They were definitely not knee-jerk. They were giving Rossi every opportunity to show his stuff.

If Rossi doesn't receive his payment and decide to sue IH, he his making something "strange" and a bit suspicious ("Why did Rossi sue IH? Good question") whereas if IH realizes that Rossi is infringing their agreements and does not do a thing, they are giving him an opportunity. So biased and absurd!!

• Over an extended period of time (a minimum of many months to a couple of years) Cures provided updates on Rossi's work and other information about the E-Cat technology. He claimed to have volunteered to assist Rossi in the testing of the earliest "hot cat" reactors which utilized a hydrogen tank and straight DC, all the way to the more sophisticated reactors that utilized "tablets" of LiAlH4 and more complex AC waveforms. Interestingly, he claimed he had no contract with Andrea Rossi and had never signed an NDA, something he asserted had worried Andrea Rossi's closest family members and supporters. If my memory serves, he even claimed that it was Andrea Rossi's father who became the most concerned. Although I am NOT certain about that detail. The lack of any type of confidentiality agreement became the issue that made Cures and Andrea Rossi part ways.

After they parted, Cures made a LOT of posts and answered many questions on the forum. He described how he helped test literally hundreds of reactors and had watched them "ignite" at critical temperatures (beginning to produce excess heat) only to later go into thermal runaway. One reason they tested so many reactors was to find a fuel combination or ratio that allowed for significant excess heat while reducing the likelihood of a runaway. One of his most interesting comments was that the critical ignition temperatures related to phase changes which gave him hints at what fuels were being used. He claimed on the forum that he had some guesses, but he wouldn't reveal them due to the fact he feared Rossi's wrath falling upon him.

Cures claimed to have witnessed a great deal during his time volunteering for Rossi. He stated that all sorts of reactor configurations "worked" regardless of the exact type of input (straight DC, pulsed DC, ordinary AC, dirty AC, more precise waveforms, etc) and he witnessed countless runaways, over and over again. Recently, I attempted to go on Cobraf and re-read some of his remaining posts, and it seemed like the forum had changed. The site was much more difficult to navigate and windows would pop up wanting me to sign up for a membership. Before that, the last time I reviewed his posts I noticed a number of them had been deleted. The posts themselves were there, but they were blank without any text.

Overall, a few themes stuck with me from his posts.

1) Andrea is extremely secretive even among those he works with closely. He never allowed Cures to know the elements that were being tested in the fuel mixtures.

2) When someone arrives at the real "Rossi Effect" the challenge isn't producing excess heat but taming the almost inevitable runaways that can take place.

3) The E-Cat technology evolved rapidly during the time frame he worked with Andrea.

• 1) Rossi sued before the deadline for payment What was left then was for them to counter sue.
    2) IH did not believe that the testing in FL was for the GPT
    3) If IH did not think that the testing fulfill the requirements (as per signed document - start date agreed to, ERV approved,....)
    then what was there to sue concerning the 89M?

The 5th of April Rossi sued IH . From that document you can read:"Pursuant to the License Agreement, on March 29,2016, LEONARDO demanded payment of the remaining Eighty-Nine Million Dollars ($89,000,000.00) due and owing under the License Agreement, but such demand has been refused and the requisite payment has not been made."So Rossi did not sued before the deadline....Moreover, if IH did not think that the testing fulfill the requirements (as you say), why they waited until the end of the period for their objections?

• Well, compared with about everyone who posts in this group, he is. However, what he saw could be recognized by anyone. He saw a version of a file, allegedly from Rossi, that showed certain characteristics. The same characteristics appear, he tells us, in the description of preliminary Penon reports, described in Exhibit 5. Yes. To use technical terms that us experts like to employ, the data was fishy as hell.

Jed as far as we know is just an exper of Japaneese tranlations. Exibits are available at this address https://drive.google.com/drive…ZV0oKQafY4bHhOZHlBZFZ4MG8 and exibit number 5 are just questions to Penon without answer written by IH. So taking it as a document means to be biased against Rossi.
    Exibit No.5 does not contain original data nor the report written by Penon. Your language where you use the term "certain" is to generic. Be specific if you can. If you can't please don't add more confusion.

Here's the generator label:

This photo means NOTHING. 1 ) Nice to note that we can read the kva (almost) but not the model or serial number so we can't have any cross check, second it could be ANY generator or the photo ( very LOW resolution ) could be tempered.
    Third maximum power of a generator means nothing. In a common house you can have a plant capable to supply 4.kVA maa but normally you consume much less . So the only datum we need is the actual consumption and the measurements that were done.

• This photo means NOTHING. 1 ) Nice to note that we can read the kva (almost) but not the model or serial number so we can't have any cross check, second it could be ANY generator or the photo ( very LOW resolution ) could be tempered.
    Third maximum power of a generator means nothing. In a common house you can have a plant capable to supply 4.kVA maa but normally you consume much less . So the only datum we need is the actual consumption and the measurements that were done.

It seems you feel directly and personally addressed by this photo and the claims on this topic...
    Maybe it can help if you provide the "actual consumption and the measurements that were done" back in the days? I am quite sure, you know a lot about this generator...at least my impression based on your writing style and the way you defend it....

• How about this for a confidence builder from "back in the day":

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.