Rossi-Blog Comment Discussion

• Perhaps merely incompletely informed. There was nothing to "say" until Rossi claimed it was a GPT. As far as we know, they may have objected immediately.

I think it's quite hard to believe. If they had immediately objected, the test would not even begun. Rossi says that IH have paid for three reports, written by Penon. If you trust this, can you explain the reason why they did? They found so many problems in the fourth report and none in the others? It's just a question of points of view. You find this scenario more probable:"His first goal was just to get the plant in action. But then he wanted Penon to measure it. At this point the idea formed to make this a GPT, it might not have been the original plan -- or it was. But he know that if he said "GPT," it would spook IH and they probably wouldn't let him install the plant there. So he kept quiet about it. However, he did what he could to set up the Penon protocol to look like the GPT, thinking that later he could claim it was, and by this point he had forgotten all about the legal requirements. He wasn't good with those picky details, this goes back to Italy and his troubles there. The idea that this was a GPT became so strong in his mind that he forgot he was dealing with other people, with different ideas."It is a possible explanation, but you can think about many other options. Another one, for example: Rossi told IH that he was preparing the GPT and they accepted. He didn't write "GPT" on his blog, neither Penon did it in his protocol, but maybe they thought it was not necessary because it was clear to everyone that the test was THAT test. IH used the plant to collect investments, but when the end of the test period was near, they began to change their attitude. So they sent an engineer, they contested the fourth report by Penon and, finally, they have made it clear to Rossi that they would not pay him.This is just another way to see the whole story, just another point of view. Maybe not the most credible one, but surely not worse than yours. Just to say that we don't know what really happened, so it's quite worthless take one version for the real one.

How many USA Officers, you can search on google ?Is mandatory for some kind of military people to not give away any kind of information !

Virtually all senior officers leave internet traces due to changes in command, promotions, decoration ceremonies and retirements. For one SMALL example see: http://www.nimitz.navy.mil/csg_11.html An illustrious colonel like Rossi's probably jailbird buddy, would be mentioned somewhere! Obviously, they don't give personal details, addresses and so on, but they are mentioned, usually often.

• Quote from Mary Yugo

Virtually all senior officers leave internet traces due to changes in
    command, promotions, decoration ceremonies and retirements. For one
    SMALL example see: nimitz.navy.mil/csg_11.html
    An illustrious colonel like Rossi's probably jailbird buddy, would be
    mentioned somewhere! Obviously, they don't give personal details,
    addresses and so on, but they are mentioned, usually often.

I agree with you Mary. Suppose I need to give you a BIG thumbs up for that. Illustrious colonel or not, a drenching is in order! Do you not agree?

BTW, what is happening with Defkalion these days and are you still using that big calorimeter?

• I am not sure what to say. Is it being gullible or just over the top? Why would someone bother to go through the trouble to do this? Just to screw with 2 forums? No one hates Rossi. If it is him, he is through these actions provoking a large audience. Sock puppet or not. I hope he has a VPN. Would it not better legal advice to sit back and not proactively engage? He is paying for lawyers why not let them do their job?

• Rossi has come up with a way to say what he wants to say an still follow the orders of his lawyers. It is the same mechanism that Trump has used to say what he wants to say without getting into trouble: ‘A lot of people are saying . . . ’:

...people took what Trump was selling seriously.

https://www.washingtonpost.com…ml?utm_term=.850d0ccba81c

‘A lot of people are saying . . . ’: How Trump spreads conspiracies and innuendoes

• To me it seems that Rossi spends a ton of time staying tuned with the different communities and all these discussions with others, his ton of sock puppets etc...
    This is clearly preventing him from answering the court requests in time, but I anyway doubt he is able to support his lawyers as he better should. Working all day on QuarkX Sigma 5, reading through 800.000 pages of court documents...he is reducing himself to complete absurdity and I expect that his entire Ecat story will pop like a balloon soon anyway....

• To me it seems that Rossi spends a ton of time staying tuned with the different communities and all these discussions with others, his ton of sock puppets etc...
    This is clearly preventing him from answering the court requests in time, but I anyway doubt he is able to support his lawyers as he better should. Working all day on QuarkX Sigma 5, reading through 800.000 pages of court documents...he is reducing himself to complete absurdity and I expect that his entire Ecat story will pop like a balloon soon anyway....

Deb
    November 30, 2016 at 7:26 PM
    Dear Dr Andrea Rossi:
    We noticed that you are answering with a delay of many hours to the comments of the readers in these days. Any particular reason?
    Deb

Andrea Rossi
    November 30, 2016 at 8:28 PM
    Deb:
    Yes, you are right and I am sorry.
    The problem is that in these days, in particular this week, the activity with my Attorneys is enormous, we are going through thousands of documents and I am working for this most of my time, reserving the night for the QuarkX. This is a period of enormous effort in the context of the litigation. At the same time the work on the QuarkX has to be made. Anyway, I answer late, but still answer every day to all, with great pleasure, as soon as I have some free moment.
    Warm Regards,
    A.R.

• Regarding American footballers on jonp

I reckon it's 50:50 that someone is reading these threads and sniggering at people's gullibility.

I know you (Peter Gluck also) don't like us piling on, or making fun of Rossi,

What you describe as 'piling on' is what I describe as 'unquestioningly parroting things you are told'.

It's funny how so called skeptics are never skeptical of things or ideas that agree with their beliefs.

I think the person most likely to be writing these comments is actually the person who 'exposed' them in the first place... So either that Ladajo, or FredZ777 - an aggressive and odd individual (with links to IH) who makes even Thomas Clarke seem "balanced" (as Lewan would probably say).

• Abd Ul-Rahman Lomax wrote:

I think it's quite hard to believe. If they had immediately objected, the test would not even begun.

SSC, you are not looking at the various possible meanings of words, but picking a meaning that you think preposterous. And it would be. "Immediately" meant "as soon as Rossi mentioned "GPT." Not from the beginning of the "test."

Rossi says that IH have paid for three reports, written by Penon. If you trust this, can you explain the reason why they did?

I can imagine a possibility, and it fits with the evidence, and how Darden, in 2015, in the Macy interview, described how they deal with inventors, so I think it's plausible. They paid because

• They promised to pay (we don't know the agreement, but likely there was one).
    • They did not have an independent engineering view yet (as soon as they did, they objected).
    • This is what Rossi wanted, and their determined strategy was to give Rossi what he wanted "within reason."
    • They did not want to upset Rossi, they knew his history.
    • If Rossi was going to get upset, they wanted as much information as possible first.

They found so many problems in the fourth report and none in the others?

You are not careful about fact. The Murray letter was not about the fourth report, but the about first three preliminary reports and what he saw when he was finally able to visit the plant. I'm sure they saw "problems" with the first reports, as the world has seen problems with most -- or all -- of the demonstration reports or the Lugano report. Their goal, however, was to "crush the tests" not merely "critique" them. Remember this: it was Rossi who sued them, not the other way around. So, yes, they now have a counterclaim, but it looks like they were dragged into it. With Planet Rossi cheering, by the way, celebrating that now Rossi would have a pile of "other people's money," squeezed out of the Industrial Heat/Cherokee investors. Forced out, thus relieving Planet Rossi of its natural duty: to support their hero.

It's just a question of points of view. You find this scenario more probable:

This is a speculation as to Rossi's thinking. I have not assessed its probability, I only declare it as a possibility. Planet Rossi, however, declares any possibility that isn't "Rossi genius" as heretical and unthinkable and "FUD."

It is a possible explanation, but you can think about many other options.

Of course I can. The issue is relative plausibiilty in the light of the evidence we have, so far.

Another one, for example: Rossi told IH that he was preparing the GPT and they accepted. He didn't write "GPT" on his blog, neither Penon did it in his protocol, but maybe they thought it was not necessary because it was clear to everyone that the test was THAT test. IH used the plant to collect investments, but when the end of the test period was near, they began to change their attitude. So they sent an engineer, they contested the fourth report by Penon and, finally, they have made it clear to Rossi that they would not pay him.This is just another way to see the whole story, just another point of view. Maybe not the most credible one, but surely not worse than yours. Just to say that we don't know what really happened, so it's quite worthless take one version for the real one.

But I don't do that. I propose it as more consistent with the evidence, and you are showing that you are not thoroughly familiar with the evidence. I might miss something, too. That's life.

The story you tell is Rossi's story in his lawsuit. "It was clear to everyone." We now know that it was *not* clear to everyone, not accepted by everyone, by December. In filing the suit, Rossi knew that IH was rejecting the GPT idea, and (probably, I think), done so formally, perhaps that December letter was from a lawyer. By February, we know that IH and Rossi would communicating through attorneys. (Contradicting the Rossifiction in March that there was no problem with IH. The man lies, can you get that?)

Whether they had previously accepted"GPT" or not, Rossi knew and his attorney would know, if Rossi told him the whole story, that IH would challenge this. Instead of asserting real evidencein the Complaint that IH had, in fact, accepted the Doral plant as a GPT and Penon as ERV, he implied it with language that pretended it was completely clear, without evidence, as if this would not be controverted.

So, then, there are two reasons to think it was not, in fact, accepted. First of all, estoppel could easily apply to the Second Amendment, the lack of signatures there was a formal defect that might have some reality behind it, or might not, and my guess is that a jury would conclude without difficulty that the amendment was accepted. That estoppel was not alleged in the Complaint was, then, a relatively minor defect (though still a defect, opening the door to a motion to dismiss on that basis, as happened, and that Motion on that basis failed only because the Judge decided to assume estoppel). However, it would not so easily apply to a requirement for signatures to an agreement setting the start date. The whole point of requiring a written agreement would be to avoid useless controversy like this. The second reason, then, is that no act of acceptance was alleged, merely implied, when, without an act of acceptance, the entire basis for the Rossi suit falls apart.

Rossi had set up a story, the story of the commercial application, that allowed him and Penon to do things that looked like a GPT. Part of that story was the alleged value of showing the demonstration plant to investors. By July, though, Rossi made it clear that what was important to him was not the sale of power and profit from that, but the "test under way," so important that no more new visitors would be allowed.

Did IH actually gain investment due to the previously-allowed visits? The only actual investment we know about is Woodford, which invested $50 million in May, 2015. That might even be before the first Penon report. They saw the plant, and we know reasonably well what it looked like. Were they impressed by the "Rossi technology." I'd be impressed at the complexity of it, at how much work went into building that thing, with over a hundred individual reactors, with pumps and instrumentation. But ... I would also have notice that all the "heat" was going through a pipe into an area that was blocked from view. And that there was no duct work or sign of massive ventilation, and no sign of substantial commercial activity. And the room, with a megawatt of power supposedly being generated in it, was comfortable, not excessively hot. And I would not be impressed as to this being any proof of power generation. Perhaps I'd have looked up JM Products, Inc., and would have discovered what looked like a dummy corporation, with the President of Leonoardo Corporation as its President and only officer.

And Woodford is a larger investment company than Cherokee, very sophisticated. They decided to invest, but not in "Rossi technology," but in Darden and Vaughn, through a British company set up for this purpose, apparently (from the timing). Darden and Vaughn, with the consent of their investors, moved all ownership there, trading stock in IH for stock in IHHI. Woodford bought preferred stock. This means that if IHHI shuts down, they get first payment after debts. However, as to control, the shares that they paid about $45 each for, as I recall, have a par value of $0.01, the same as the rest of the shares. Penny stock. And they are voted that way. that is, Woodford is a substantial shareholder, as to voting rights, but not as to control. Majority control is with Darden and Vaughn. And they knew that. Therefore their choice was to trust these venture capitalists, that is the core of it. That IH (through IPH) held a Rossi license was a factor, but only as a hedge, my opinion. It also impressed Woodford as to having ... "stones" is the popular word.

IH attempted to send the engineer in July, which would be after the first Penon report. (three months would be May). Rossi's refusal to allow that was crucial. At this point, it's obvious that relations had broken down, and the rest was more or less letting it play out. IH was not going to challenge that first report without having an engineer review the actual installation. So Rossi prevented what you think they should have done. So by this time, then, they were giving him rope. To put it bluntly, as it appears, Rossi was outclassed, he was trying to outsmart investment ninjas, who allowed him to trip himself up and throw himself against the ground, while they said, "I don't think that's a good idea."

All this time, Darden and Vaughn were maintaining multiple possible scenarios, including the original one, that Rossi might be paranoid but still have something real. They still maintain that possibility (otherwise they would have formally repudiated the license and the patent applications, etc., and demanded a refund, which they still have not done.)

I suspect that Rossi did think that the test was the GPT, and I can see how that idea developed in his mind. It has to do with what we think is important. To him, the whole period after the Plant was delivered to IH was about preparing for the GPT, and -- for whatever reason -- it wasn't happening. To IH, that same period was about developing the ability to make devices that worked when independently tested -- and that wasn't happening. So the focus of the two parties was quite different. Remember, my operating hypothesis is that Rossi is insane, not balanced, so the "he'd realize X" argument can easily fail.

• The real puzzle IMHO is why IH 'went along with it' for so long. That seems either negligent or delinquent to me. Possibly both.

I do not think so, based on my experience in business with contracts and customers. First, you do not know how many months they went along with it, or to what extent they went along with it. To my certain knowledge, they were not happy with Rossi during most of the test, and they told him they were not happy. Second, once you have paid, there is no advantage to terminating a contract or a business relationship sooner rather than later. There is no point to making threats or filing lawsuits before other options are played out, and deadlines have expired. You are not more likely to get the money back or get the product delivered. You might as well give the other party time and leeway.

Paying in advance may have been negligent, but once the money was paid it was water under the bridge. Waiting for the deadline to expire and waiting for things to play out was not negligent. Rossi failed to deliver. He is the only one who could be delinquent under this contract. I.H. was not obligated to do anything. Hypothetically, if the arrangement had been for I.H. to pay in multiple installments, and they had continued to pay after they saw the test was going badly, that would be negligent.

• and such little content.

That we have heard/read many times before. The real puzzle IMHO is why IH 'went along with it' for so long. That seems either negligent or delinquent to me. Possibly both.

It is true that parts (most) of this argument has been stated before by Mr. Lomax .... yet someone did make comments lacking this view and has made those comments fairly often as well. Why the critique of an often posted answer to an often asked / posted question or view? A similar example is that Mr. Rothwell has often posted that in his opinion, it is impossible that the Doral facility could have handled the 1MW of heat. I have seen no critique of those posts being "too often and too redundant"! ^^

I am not necessarily taking sides on this with this exception.... People do not have to read posts. If one does not like the length or content of Mr. Lomax's posts, simply do not read them!

There are a few posters on this site that I skip over all the time, normally because their content is meaningless, redundant and lacking of facts. I do not feel the need to posts critiques about them. I also do not feel the need to post that I am "blocking them" either. A simple scroll down of the mouse and the posts are off my radar. Mr. Lomax's posts may be long, but they are well reasoned opinions, normally with supporting links. Nothing to be critiqued of. :)

As to the "why did they wait so long?" question..... well we do not know, but Rossi states that IH was being paid $30,000 a month for the selling of heat. It is what was presented from day one. If IH was being paid, then why would they have stopped it? This was presented (by actual evidence in the court docket) as the selling of a product (heat) by equipment that IH owned. It was what the entire Doral facility was all about as presented by Rossi at the beginning. It gave IH even more data to see if the plant actually worked or not. This was not disingenuous on their part, it was what Rossi proposed to begin with. I would guess $30,000 per month was the reason they did not stop and it was totally honest and upfront on their part.

Now if Rossi started to imply this was the GPT early on, then was IH required to post on ECW, JOPN and LENR Forum their views to contradict? I do not think so. Should they have shut it down? Why? As long as they were getting paid and they were gathering more information about the eCat, why would they? To satisfy Planet Rossi that they were being "fair"? It is not unreasonable nor unethical that they were "giving Rossi all the rope he needed" to either "prove himself" or "hang himself". It was NOT their subversive action! They were fulfilling the agreement of the sale of heat. My opinion only

• Official Post

The real puzzle IMHO is why IH 'went along with it' for so long

Alan,

Maybe because Rossi is very good at playing people. He knew IH desperately wanted his Ecat to be real, and used that against them from the day they stepped into his Miami condo for their first meeting. Their desire to change the world, and make a ton of money in the process, allowed him to string them out for 3 years, through one failure to replicate to another, until he had them ready for the coup de gras...the "GPT" that would net him, and his partners, $89 million.

He is a master at this. Look at how he has used his JONP to do the same with us. All these years, we have tuned in to his every word in the hopes he has what he says. He know this, as he frequently directs everyone to the RossiBlogReader.

As an example of how he has brainwashed us through JONP; remember the Ecat? Of course we all do, but no one talks about it anymore, because Rossi does not want us talking, or thinking about it anymore. So he has diverted our attention away to the QuarkX. Voila...no more Ecat. Not a peep from him anymore about it. All QuarkX and his few followers follow suit. They take what he feeds them and instead of growing suspicious, they analyze how it might do all those things.Another win for Rossi.

He did the same when he came up with the Hotcat, to distract us away from his 1MW when we figured out there really was no "military customer" that bought the plant. It worked too, as everyone abandoned talk of the 1MW, and switched to the Hotcat.

Yes, Rossi is good at what he does. Very good.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.