Rossi-Blog Comment Discussion

• The USA government would want to keep the control over spreading of important cold fusion technology at least on its territory and it wouldn't want to allow foreigners to profit from it. I can still remember well, how the USA government delayed the approval of ECat patent applications, until A. Rossi didn't agree with explicit transferring the license to USA company, i.e. the Industrial Heat. Now, when the Rossi is trying to revert this process he has a way more serious opponent, than just IH. If he will not be good boy enough, he could easily disappear for ever - just with respect to the national interests of the USA. At any case I seriously doubt, he will be allowed to do cold fusion business at the territory of the USA.

• @axil - "Rossi'sreal reasons"....as with many of your other posts you present your opinion as a fact that is evident and clear to everybody here in this forum. You even seem to know more on this entire topic than the master of the ECAT himself ... ;)
    We all will see probably soon what the real deal behind the curtain is.

• If he will not be good boy enough, he could easily disappear for ever - just with respect to the national interests of the USA. At any case I seriously doubt, he will be allowed to do cold fusion business at the territory of the USA.

Didn't he already disappear years ago??

I thought, we are talking/hearing just NSA bots, which fake to behave A.R. like...

• The USA government would want to keep the control over spreading of important cold fusion technology at least on its territory and it wouldn't want to allow foreigners to profit from it.

The U.S. government is not authorized to do that, and it has never done any such thing in the past. As long as a technology is deemed safe by regulatory agencies, the government has no say over who uses it or how it spreads. There is nothing in U.S. law that would prevent foreigners from profiting from cold fusion or any other technology.

The Patent Office will prevent the suppression of important technology using patent laws. That's a different story.

The Patent Office has not impeded Rossi, contrary to what you said.

I think you made up all that stuff.

• They have the rights already.

It does not matter what they say. They paid. They have the rights.

They have no rights to Rossi's IP according to Rossi. Rossi put out a news release about it. Will IH take Rossi to court again about getting the rights to Rossi's IP back?

How can IH force Rossi to explain his IP to them at a level necessary for this IP to work. IH said that Rossi's IP never worked. Rossi will just say to the court that his IP does not work and never has. He will not deal with IH again no matter what the court says. What do you all think?

• “The USA government would want to keep the control over spreading of important cold fusion technology at least on its territory and it wouldn't want to allow foreigners to profit from it.”
    The U.S. government is not authorized…

Not exactly true the PTO can label an invention secret by the Invention Secrecy Act of 1951. That prevents exporting the information or publicizing the information.

• What do you all think?

Axil...understand licensing, please.

You record a record and the record company has the "rights", i.e. the IP. However if you start selling the recording to others, the record company will come after your profit. They might even have the courts serve you with legal papers to stop producing and selling the recording. If you do, you might go to jail.

Rossi cannot "Take back" the license just because he wants to. It is legally binding. He may not want to "share" this IP, but when he tries to start selling product in the territory
    that IH owns, they will simply have the courts make a judgment against Leonardo Corp. for breaking the contract and any profits will go to IH. IH may have an injunction about not selling in their territory. If Rossi does, he could go to jail.

Outside of the IH territory, is different.... but.....

But it really does not matter. IH tested and the eCat does not work. Rossi has continually lied, so it is most likely that he cannot make the eCat work either.

Like the words to that "recorded under copyright" song goes : "Nothin' from nothin' leaves nothin' You gotta have somethin' if you want to be with me!"
    It appears that Rossi's IP is "nothing" and you can't get anything from "nothin"! :thumbup:

• Not exactly true the PTO can label an invention secret by the Invention Secrecy Act of 1951.

Okay, but the purpose of that act is not to suppress technology. It is to guard military secrets. Granted, the government might use the act unfairly to suppress cold fusion. However, there is no indication government agencies other than the DoE wish to suppress cold fusion. Nearly all funding for cold fusion research has come from the government since 1989. Furthermore, knowledge of the effect has been spread worldwide, and a breakthrough would probably spread worldwide long before the government became aware of it, and before a patent could be granted. If it becomes generally known that cold fusion is real, it is extremely unlikely any government, corporation or other institution will be able to suppress it.

The DoE wants to kill cold fusion to protect its plasma fusion budget. That's been the situation since March 1989, when the plasma fusion researchers called the Boston Globe and other mass media and accused F&P of criminal fraud. That hasn't changed.

At present, academic institutions such as the DoE and academic publishers such as Nature and Sci. Am. are suppressing cold fusion, quite effectively, with practically no effort. That is a different story. They are not doing this because they are afraid of the technology. They are doing it because they are convinced the claims are nonsense and the researchers are frauds, lunatics and criminals out to besmirch mainstream science. Mainstream science feels put upon these days because there is so much conservative opposition to things like evolution and global warming. They have circled the wagons and they don't want controversial claims such as cold fusion to make them look bad. U.S. climatologists are so afraid of the incoming Trump administration they are shipping terabytes of publicly available data to Canada because they are afraid the administration will order them to erase it.

• They have no rights to Rossi's IP according to Rossi. Rossi put out a news release about it.

Are you serious? Do you think that a "news release" overrides laws? Is a Rossi news release something like a Supreme Court decision?

As Bob explained to you, commerce is governed by laws and regulations, not "Rossi says." He can put out all news releases he wants, but he still sold the rights to I.H. They own the rights (the IP). He cannot take them back by news release. He could, perhaps, negotiate to repay the money to get the rights back. I doubt that I.H. would go for that.

Also, the fact that I.H. declared the IP useless and without value has no bearing on this. They still own it, whether it is useless or not. If I buy a machine, I own it. I still own it even if I find it does work.

Rossi will just say to the court that his IP does not work and never has.

That has no bearing on who owns the IP. If it can be shown that he knew all along it never worked, he would be guilty of fraud, but I.H. would still own the rights.

If it turns out the machine can be made to work after all, since I.H. owns the rights, they would make a fortune. There is a very slight chance of that. So why would they give up the rights?

Also, the fact that I.H. declared the IP useless and without value has no bearing on this. They still own it, whether it is useless or not. If I buy a machine, I own it. I still own it even if I find it does work.

But doesn't not paying the 89 $million cancel the licence agreement? Refresh my memory on this.

• I believe the 10M was based on the sale of the IP license to IH and the possible improvements on it.
    I also think that any IP Rossi developed (say Quark) while using the materials in IH's shipping container could be considered as being a covered improvement.
    Now the IP and improvements do seem to be limited in geography by for some regions it sure sounds like IH would have the rights.

If during the suit IH declares fraud and get recovery of the 10M then I would think they would lose the rights but the 89M is separate from that. What do you think that the 10M was for if not for the right to the IP and the physical item?

• But doesn't not paying the 89 $million cancel the licence agreement? Refresh my memory on this.

Nope, it does not cancel the agreement. The $10 million was to assign the rights. That's done. The $89 million was to actually transfer the know-how so that I.H. could manufacture and/or license the technology to others in their territory, such as industrial corporations. Plus, it was payment for a successful long term test. Rossi failed both of these steps. He did not transfer the know-how because there isn't any; this machine does not work. (His previous machines might have worked, but that's a different story.) His test was a farce which did not work at all, and on top of that, I.H. never agreed that it was the official test. They would be crazy to agree to pay such a large sum of money for such a ludicrous test. Also, as I pointed out, even if they had agreed, the regulations in Florida strictly define how a boiler test must be done, and this test failed to meet those regulations. To say the least.

No one is allowed to operate a 1 MW boiler in Florida without an inspection and state certification. I doubt Rossi would be allowed to demonstrate it or sell it, and strictly speaking I doubt I.H. would be allowed to take possession of it. It was not actually 1 MW. It would killed everyone if it had been. It was a 20-kW electric heater, which does not have to be inspected or certified. I have no idea what the legal requirements would be for a machine that Rossi says violates code which does not actually violate it. I suppose that lying about performance does not make a person responsible for meeting the inspection standards of the fake performance. If you pretend to cut a woman in half in a stage show, but you don't actually hurt anyone, you cannot be arrested for murder.

In this video, Penn and Teller demonstrate how to do this trick, only it appears they accidentally saw the women in half. They have not been arrested as far as I know.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I can't believe IH was so naive, I think it's really impossible that they did not get things straight with Rossi from the beginning of the test.

On the contrary. knowing what some of us suspected, but all now know, of Rossi's business relationships and his talent for (what was it - "exaggeration"?) I think it would be just about impossible for anyone to get anything straight with Rossi unless they gave him everything he wanted no questions asked.

• If AR could take back the rights with the lack of an $89 MM backend payment, that first $10 MM from IH would have probably taken the form of an option to purchase the rights, predicated on certain future conditions taking place. That is not what they did. AR can't take back something that he sold.

• Here's a nice recent tidbit from AR's comments relevant to the disclosure that JMP has no parent company.

• Also relevant to the issue of there being no parent company.

• Where has there EVER been the slightest evidence to suggest that Rossi has ever sold a single ecat or megawatt plant or hot cat or anything else related to the ecat to anyone? The only thing Rossi has sold is worthless hype to his early investors and that plus a pile of silly junk, most recently, to IH. And they don't seem very "economic benefits" from it.

• I could not help looking at the Penn and Teller video Jed posted. It really fits into the "show and tell" format that the E-cat demo and saga has provided. I spent hours more time (thanks to Jed) looking at other videos on the whole concept of magic, how the audience has to dispense belief, how the sleight of hand and misdirection works. It requires each persons belief system to go into hiatus for a second, or the magic moment is lost.

While we seem to be approaching the end game in regards to the E-cat, there will always be another demo/show to takes its place. But like it or not, there is no denying that the acting in this performance cost someone $11million. For me, the funny thing is I believe that CMNS LENR is more possible now after I spend more time studying it.

I will hope for more knowledge in 2017. I want to thank those who help providing honest knowledge, regardless of my belief system. If we find in the eventual working theory of LENR that there is no new physics involved, it could mean that we missed something basic. And we know sure as shaite that publishers of journals like Nature and Sci. Am. are not going to find it out. So dismissing the consequences of CMNS based science is just scientific ignorance based on ??? I am not sure on this point, but money and protecting jobs may be the answer. Anyway for those still believing in Rossi at this point I would recommend looking at how Magic is performed. Focusing on that even the audience needs to be involved for it to work.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.