Rossi-Blog Comment Discussion

But that's just one issue. For Rossi to have been able to hoodwink so many people, he would be a master con man, among the best in history.

Hilarious. Rossi is on the very low level of Nigerian internet financial scammers. He simply has a different focus.

His game is choosing the most polite, gullible, and desirous marks. And in Levi, Focardi, Lewan, and the Swedish scientists who examined the so-called hot cats, he found ideal marks/victims. All Rossi had to do was present these people with things like misplaced thermocouples, miscomputed thermal radiation, mismeasured input power, constantly changing conditions (improvements which never improved) and of course, never, NOT ONE, not a single proper calibration performed by credible people using their own equipment! Also, Rossi was lucky and those who worked with him were way overly polite to avoid his put on irritability and anger.

Rossi is not clever. He bamboozled and flummoxed easy marks... and very few others.

• no need to swap samples, if the tube contained Ni62 before the test, and classical Ni was added manually...

My 7 years old daughter is playing magic tricks, and this is typical tricks.

Indeed! I do not believe any analysis of the fuel was done before the test. So no slight of hand needed. But my memory could be faulty on this.

One really needs to have a controlled analysis, both pre and post test for it to be meaningful.

Every day someone somewhere reviews about Rossi's past vicissitudes treating him as a criminal. This is profoundly wrong, as Rossi was absolved and reimbursed by the Italian state. On the past of IH / Cherokee, however, no one seems to want to investigate. Nobody is interested in knowing if IH has any skeleton in the closet. Well, as long as there are people who do look at the past of a party, I'll be looking at the past of the other.

Whether Cherokee has a checkered past (I suspect that they do) is irrelevant. As for Rossi being absolved, prove it. Without using the self-serving and misleading garbage Rossi provides. For those unfamiliar with Rossi disastrous criminal history, his environmental nightmare called Petroldragon and the way he ripped off DOD for millions for thermoelectric devices which turned out to be surplus junk from Russia, see Gary Wright's web page and especially Krivit's meticulous collection of evidence, much of it from personal interviews and contemporaneous Italian newspapers (Krivit is fluent in Italian): http://newenergytimes.com/v2/s…al-Criminal-History.shtml

For a return of Krivit's hilarious commentary on a Lewan video showing what a conscienceless but stupid crook Rossi really is, check this out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?…er_embedded&v=uviXoafHWrU

• I would like some of you folks to spend 3:41 on this video from youtube. It is Orson Welles telling about the day he became a fortune teller. It is a great story and he is one of the greatest storytellers.. Wait for the "what is a shuteye part"

Orson Welles as a fortune teller

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I remember reading Jones Beene saying something to the effect that Rossi admitted to buying Ni62 quantities and that he was allowed to touch the dogbone and open it right before testing began. Such a thing would not be allowed if magicians like James Randi were monitoring the events. But that's just one issue. For Rossi to have been able to hoodwink so many people, he would be a master con man, among the best in history.

details, details, details

It is impossible to commercially produce a pure Ni62 sample as large as has been produced in Lugano ash assay because of the difficulty in selecting the Ni60, Ni61, and Ni64 isotopes so that these isotopes can be removed from the sample. You can enrich a Nickel; isotope to some level but you cannot purify a nickel isotope.

If you can find a source that will sell you pure Ni62, I would like to know how much such a sample will cost?

• details, details, details

It is impossible to commercially produce a pure Ni62 sample as large as has been produced in Lugano ash assay because of the difficulty in selecting the Ni60, Ni61, and Ni64 isotopes so that these isotopes can be removed from the sample. You can enrich a Nickel; isotope to some level but you cannot purify a nickel isotope.

If you can find a source that will sell you pure Ni62, I would like to know how much such a sample will cost?

https://www.isoflex.com/nickel-ni

Purity level is standard.

It is expensive - but a few grams costs a lot less than $10.5M so well worth it.

• https://www.isoflex.com/nickel-ni

Purity level is standard.

It is expensive - but a few grams costs a lot less than $10.5M so well worth it.

See also:

https://www.americanelements.com/nickel-62-metal-isotope

No price listed here either, but there seems to be a competitive market for pure forms of these isotopes - capitalism has it's benefits. Axil, you could contact them both for quotes and get back to us to let us know?

But this information undermines the unfounded claim by Axil that "It is impossible to commercially produce a pure Ni62 sample as large as has been produced in Lugano...".

Which is more important to you Axil, appearing to be right or knowing the answer to your closing question regarding price?

• I would like some of you folks to spend 3:41 on this video from youtube. It is Orson Welles telling about the day he became a fortune teller. It is a great story and he is one of the greatest storytellers.. Wait for the "what is a shuteye part"

Orson Welles as a fortune teller

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Rigel, thanks for the Orson Welles link. I encourage readers to watch it.

I agree that Rossi, despite his intentional, willful deceptions and 'self-awareness' that all of his stuff is crap, nonetheless has an analogous 'shuteye' syndrome that causes him to partially believe his stuff is not actually complete crap.

I see this as a common outcome and risk for chronic deceivers. It's somewhat tragic, really. He obviously has talents. Just think, if he had used his imagination and intellect for marketing a successful and useful product, or other worthwhile Public Relations, he might have actually contributed something positive to society.

• This is just Rossie say.

Rossie claimed this in a interview with Mats Lewan. But it has never been confirmed from any other source. It has been denied by Dewey Weaver.

If it is a claim, in writing and in public by him, then his lawyers would be allowed to ask him about it. From what I have gathered about his lawyers so far, they probably would neglect to ask such a thing.

• Now we know for certain that it wasn't carried out independently (despite Rossi's claim that it was), that it wasn't a controlled experiment (no unfuelled comparison trial using identical measurement). And even at the time, the Lugano investigators (correctly) described it as a 'demonstration', not a fully independent replication.

It was never intended to be a scientific independent replication, it was intended to be a demo. Rossi is not a scientist, he views scientists as thieves. He got IH to agree to Logano or whoever it was that administered the 3rd party test and write up the report.

Now THAT's a world class scam artist, who is able to get a company to agree to an independent 3rd party monitor the demo and write the independent ERV report, all the while having access to the demo over a year or so. Rossi was able to hoodwink Piantelli and Levi and Focardi and Swedish Skeptics Society and a dozen others. He is the most amazing scam artist in history.

• If it is a claim, in writing and in public by him, then his lawyers would be allowed to ask him about it. From what I have gathered about his lawyers so far, they probably would neglect to ask such a thing.

It's not in writing as far as I know. It's just something Rossi told Mats Lewan.

If Rossi's stuff doesn't work then how did he dupe so many highly trained scientists and a seasoned venture capitalist? Why does that venture capitalist want to retain Rossi's IP even after Rossi has offered to refund him? Some of this stuff simply doesn't add up.

My point is that it's pointless to base an opinion on an alleged offer to refund. Since we only have Rossis word that the offer was made.

• sigmoidal : Can you point us to a proof of your conjecture? E.g. as sales record?

I believe Rossi bought his E-cat on E-Bay. This damn rippled Alumina Tube looked like the heater in my washing machine...

Wyttenbach, I provided incontrovertible proof that Rossi goes to extreme lengths to deceive. The facts supporting the fact that Rossi went to extreme lengths to fabricate the Doral 'customer' are agreed to by both Rossi and Darden. - in other words neither party dispute these facts. This is exactly what I stated in the post you quote.

I then went on to state that a reasonable alternate explanation to the Ni62 ash being from LENR reactions was that it was simply tampered with by Rossi.

It is a reasonable alternate explanation because Rossi has a proven track record of extraordinary deception. It is a reasonable alternative explanation even without 'a sales record'.

This is one of the downsides of extraordinarily deceptive behavior: you can't be trusted.

Furthermore, your challenge is irrelevant, because even if there is a 'sales record' for Ni62, this would not be proof that he tampered with the sample, because Rossi himself claims that the fuel needed to be Ni62. So even if I could produce such evidence, that alone would not convince you (or even me) one way or another. So your request for sales record 'proof' is irrelevant and superfluous. Rossi could simply argue that he bought the Ni62 to fuel the E-Cat. You are aware, I hope, that in a (failed) US Patent application, Rossi said that Ni62 was 'critical' to initiating the reaction?

The burden of proof for extraordinary claims is on the extraordinary claimer, Rossi. I have made no extraordinary claims. My claims that Rossi is extraordinarily deceitful are backed up by very strong evidence, and so they are very 'ordinary' claims.

Unfortunately for Rossi, nobody can or should trust his claims now, given that the whole (internet-informed) world knows of his extraordinarily deceptive behavior. So any extraordinary claims he makes about the E-Cat or the QuarkX or anything else he comes up with should and will require an even higher burden of evidence.

I recognize that for some reason, this is hard for you to accept, or that you insist that this is NOT a reasonable alternative explanation. You have the right to believe whatever you want to believe, including the notion that Rossi bought his E-cat on Ebay if that's what you decide to do.

Given Rossi's long history of deceitful behavior, do you have any evidence demonstrating that it is unreasonable to believe that one likely explanation for the isotopic analysis results done by Uppsala on Rossi's ash sample is that he tampered with it?

• Rossi is not clever. He bamboozled and flummoxed easy marks... and very few others.

If what you say is true then he should be getting his ass kicked in court real soon. My prediction is that this court will issue a baby-splitting decision that muddles the issues even further, LENR will not be moved forward in any meaningful way, and your favorite supposed scam artist will move on to some other Quarkx bullshit.

It's like Patterson all over again but Rossi is more wily than Patterson. Jed Rothwell thought Patterson had something real, but he was so greedy that he kept it to himself. Rossi might have something real that's so deeply embedded in bullshit that he is the only one who can get it to work, like Fred Flinstone's rock-mover Dinosaur at the construction site.

• It's not in writing as far as I know. It's just something Rossi told Mats Lewan.

My point is that it's pointless to base an opinion on an alleged offer to refund. Since we only have Rossis word that the offer was made.

It doesn't have to be in writing. All Rossi has to do is bring it up at trial during his testimony. Then it will be 'in writing'.

If Rossi claims it in an interview but not during testimony, that sorta tells you all you need to know, doesn't it? And if he actually testifies to it, then it changes the whole trial focus. As far as I can tell, this is the central hinge to which every other issue will turn about.

Uri Geller went on Johnny Carson's show and got shown up as a fraud immediately. It's not like Johnny was a paid scientist/debunker.

Actually, Carson was an accomplished magician and sleight of hand artist and he knew immediately not only that Geller was a fraud but also exactly how Geller obtained his results. That's why he designed tests and set up observers and criteria such that Geller could not cheat and therefore could not accomplish a thing. Carson's precautions included several producers observing from unexpected angles and an overhead camera which Geller had no reason to anticipate.

Similar precautions in the appropriate manner would have prevented Rossi's tricks. For openers, Lewan and the Swedes, in the 2011 demos, could have insisted on their own input and output measurement methods and complete calibration over the entire operating temperature range -said calibration to be performed by others and not Rossi. That is essentially what Jed Rothwell and I and others insisted upon in 2011 before we would attend tests in Italy -- and which Rossi roundly rejected. Rossi would have simply gotten angry and looked for dumber marks. He would have never complied. As it happens, Lewan et. al. were dumb and gullible enough for his purposes and Rossi did not have to look further.

If what you say is true then he should be getting his ass kicked in court real soon. My prediction is that this court will issue a baby-splitting decision that muddles the issues even further, LENR will not be moved forward in any meaningful way, and your favorite supposed scam artist will move on to some other Quarkx bullshit.

Trials and juries can be quirky but yes. I expect Rossi and his attorneys to be handed their heads in court. Woodworker did a superb job of outlining why. Not all of it has to do with bad testing and the ecat having no chance of working. Some of it has to do with the rank fraud and misrepresentation from Rossi centering on what the idiotic and completely unnecessary year long test was and what the principal actors in the whole silly fraud actually did as opposed to what Rossi told IH.

If Rossi's stuff doesn't work then how did he dupe so many highly trained scientists and a seasoned venture capitalist? Why does that venture capitalist want to retain Rossi's IP even after Rossi has offered to refund him? Some of this stuff simply doesn't add up

Good question and the answer is complex. Rossi didn't really fool Kullander and Essen, the ONLY "accomplished" scientists in decent condition in this whole story. All they said was that the results looked promising and needed more study because something "anomalous" was happening. Fraud is an anomalous thing and I don't think they ever ruled it out. Poor Focardi was also an accomplished scientist (very) but he was mortally ill and way beyond his prime and he wanted desperately to believe Rossi that Ni-H fusion worked. Levi is not an accomplished scientist. He is a dilettante who dabbles in coffee brewing research and barely holds an assistant professorship after a long period with the university. Anybody "accomplished" would be at least an associate professor by now and probably a full professor. Check out his bibliography! He has written NO papers of note, especially in which he is principal author. That does not an accomplished scientist make!

https://www.unibo.it/sitoweb/giuseppe.levi/publications

I am not very familiar with the other Swedish scientists which, on the Moletrap Forum, are dubbed the "three blind mice." But by leaving Rossi to do the fueling and emptying of the "reactor", by accepting a bizarre and crummy method of power measurement, both input and output, by accepting the absence of proper calibration, the blind mice demonstrated both their gulliblity and their incompetence.

As for Darden and Woodford, IH is a very small part of their investments. There is some question whether it involves their own money, the fund's money or new investor money but either way, they don't care all that much. When "vetting" Rossi and the investment in the ecats, they simply believed Rossi despite his bizarre background and complete lack of prior accomplishments and sales. They also relied on the "usual suspects" (sloppy and wishful believers in LENR) to do their testing and give expert opinions. They obviously didn't ask or heed any of many Rossi and ecat critics. They were negligent AND/OR incompetent in vetting the investment in Rossi. I guess they get to choose which but of course, they won't.

• Baa, Baa. Baa I almost beleive that this post is paid flackery. If it is flackery, it is of very poor quality and the customer deserves a refund,

The Lugano reactor was an IH reactor that Rossi had no part in producing,

FACTS

A sample of the fuel was taken before the test as the fuel was being loaded. The assay of that fuel was shown to be comprised of a normal nickel isotopic mix. All the nickel fuel particles were covered with lithium 7 enriched to 94%.

The ash sample was melted onto the inside of the reactor and gad to be peeled off with a pick. How could Rossi melt that ash sample that was far bigger than 100 microns, when the fuel contained nickel particles that were all below 100 microns as shown by the analysis to the fuel after the test,. The nickel ash was pure but was covered with lithium 6 at 56% concentration.

• Axil, you seem determined to make up stuff and slather your incoherent delusions authoritatively, on websites like this, talk-polywell, ECW, and others. Over that long period of time, I've noticed that you have a very limited capacity to 1) contribute anything useful, and 2) learn anything from others to help relieve you from your delusional distress. As a result, I'm afraid that I have zero confidence that I can contribute anything helpful to reduce your delusions either.

So, enjoy your delusions. I hope they work out well for you. (Or maybe you are being paid by the 'deep state' to post delusional dribble?)

All the best, sigmoidal

--------------

Now, for others interested in learning and actual relevant 'FACTS' (as opposed to Axil's irrelevant facts): http://www.elforsk.se/Global/O…er/LuganoReportSubmit.pdf

p.7

The dummy reactor was switched on at 12:20 PM of 24 February 2014 by Andrea Rossi who gradually
    brought it to the power level requested by us. Rossi later intervened to switch off the dummy, and in the
    following subsequent operations on the E-Cat: charge insertion, reactor startup, reactor shutdown and
    powder charge extraction.

p.28

The grains differ in element composition, and we would certainly have liked to analyze several more grains with SIMS, but the limited amount of ash being available to us didn’t make that possible.

Rossi is incontrovertibly extraordinarily deceptive. Therefore, tampered fuel and ash is a reasonable alternative explanation vs. the extraordinary atomic transmutation explanation, and tampering by Rossi is consistent with the Lugano Report's description of methods and results. (And Axil's statement "All the nickel fuel particles were covered with lithium 7 enriched to 94%" is not only irrelevant, it is also non-existent in the manuscript, as is common with many of Axil's assertions).

In order to rule out tampering by Rossi as an alternate explantation to the observations, a test needs to be performed in such a way as to preclude that Rossi-tampering possibility. In addition, the now known-to-be errant calorimetry needs to be remedied.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.