Rossi-Blog Comment Discussion

• It's LENR warmth. Don't forget, Rossi heated an entire Italian factory in *** 2007 *** by replacing it's boiler with an ecat device (see his original US patent app).

• Memes are ideas, aspirations, proofs, evidence, data, stories, images, and rituals that spread from mind to mind, imagination to imagination, generation to generation, shaping and shifting human cultures.

Our lives are embedded with a cultural context that are constantly assaulted by new pieces of the culture that carry meaning for us such as customs, facts, lies, ideas, symbols, slogans, or rituals. All of these act as contagious containers for cultural information that spread virally from person to person, moment to moment, generation to generation. In 1976 evolutionary biologist Richard Dawkins coined the word “meme” from the Greek root meaning “to imitate. These self-replicating units of culture that take on a life of their own are “memes” (rhymes with “dreams”). The concept of “atoms of culture” that spread and act like genes has been around since at least the 1950s, Memes are everywhere – from personal mannerisms and collective ritual, to the advertising slogans and political buzzwords that dominate the media and the internet. Over time memes tend to morph, expand or disappear, or even change in meaning.

Rossi, his work, his plans, his lifestyle, comprises a meme that is part of other more complex memes. That meme is destructive of other varied memes in the culture. Our way of thinking and our beliefs are the sum total of the memes that we hold and those we reject. There is nothing that is more important to the preservation of self and our place in culture than the collection of memes that comprise our believe system.

We are now engaged in a battle of memes that will shape world culture in the future. The culture of the past and those who seek to preserve that culture will do battle against the new memes that threaten their theory of self.

Cultural evolution is determined in the battle of the fittest in the current meme wars.

A Scam is a meme tactic that is destructive of the central tenant to the beliefs and aspirations of the meme warrior's opponent.

Why should I accept your concept of culture when I seek to replace it with a meme that will be foundational to a more beneficent and altruistic future culture?

• WTF? Rossi, etc. etc. is a meme now? How exactly does that work?

Google says: MEME--

an element of a culture or system of behavior that may be considered to be passed from one individual to another by nongenetic means, especially imitation.

• a humorous image, video, piece of text, etc., that is copied (often with slight variations) and spread rapidly by Internet users.
  • Oh, I understand why I hate and despise frauds and con men. Trust me on that. I've been taken a few times. On several of those occasions, there was appreciable damage. Cons are wasteful, injurious to the reputation of a field, and impact negatively on future funding. I guess you and Max and a few others don't get that, do you? Or is it just that you don't believe, despite the reams and reams of hard copy evidence, that Rossi is a con man?

• Oh, I understand why I hate and despise frauds and con men. Trust me on that. I've been taken a few times. On several of those occasions, there was appreciable damage. Cons are wasteful, injurious to the reputation of a field, and impact negatively on future funding. I guess you and Max and a few others don't get that, do you? Or is it just that you don't believe, despite the reams and reams of hard copy evidence, that Rossi is a con man?

A SCAM is cause by ignorance, carelessness, stupidity, greed, lack of proper due diligence, or exploits using faults in the system and other weakness in the mark and the systems they depend on.

What does "you can't cheat an honest man" mean?

It means that a truly honest man would never put himself in a position where a cheat could get an advantage and manage to cheat him. You couldn't cheat an honest man at cards... because he wouldn't be gambling in the first place. You couldn't cheat him on the amount of something he would purchase, for he would double check his purchase... and if there was a discrepancy, he would address it until it was made right.

Now... of course there are always specific exceptions. This is a saying, not an absolute law of the universe. There is an implication in this saying that cheaters also rely on the dishonesty in most men, and they exploit it... thus an honest man couldn't be cheated. There would be no dishonesty to exploit.

https://www.quora.com/What-doe…-cheat-an-honest-man-mean

This is a meme that I beleive...It is very hard to create an honest man.

A con man will take advantage of people of good an generous nature. They will solicit aid for people affected by tragedy but use those solicited funds for their own purposes.

Mary, I doubt that you are subject to this sort of SCAM or concerned about preventing this sort of crime. Your priority is preventing those crimes upon those who are motivated by greed.

"What does "you can't cheat an honest man" mean?"

Nothing. It's simply stupid. Anyone can fall prey to a con man sociopath. I've read that dishonest people are easier to fool so that one con man is more likely than an ordinary person to fall for a con. But anyone can be bamboozled under the "right" circumstances..

• Official Post

5 years ago this month (Oct. 2012) this was written:

https://www.popsci.com/science…0/andrea-rossis-black-box

Probably the best article ever written about the Rossi story. He leans heavily towards skeptical, but leaves just enough room for the reader to believe he may have something... without insulting or alienating Rossi. I remember Rossi being asked his opinion of the story, and he said it was fair.

Lots of familiar names in there. I almost thought of putting this under the NASA thread, as they (NASA) are in there too. Larry Forsley of JKW International/GEC, is the only LENR researcher to express outright disbelief in Rossi. You may recall his name, as he is one of the authors on the recent NASA Arxiv report, and also listed on last months NASA USPTO patent application. It gives me more confidence in his present day LENR research, to know that back then he was vocally skeptical of Rossi.

With the IH vs Leonardo court documents public, it is a fun read to compare then and now. Enjoy.

• I consider all claims of positive LENR to be incorrect or inconclusive at best. This is because all these claims have failed at the highest level of scrutiny. MIT, Caltech, IH, Coolescense(sp?), and Hydrofusion's representative are just a few who have acknowledged their failure to replicate or verify many of these claims. Once a reputable organization, which has in the past failed 100% of the LENF/CF claims they have looked into, puts their name on the line to pass a result, it might be worth review.

Entities which have consistently failed LENR are the only ones qualified to say it works. They don't have a positive bias which might make them look past the measurement errors, artifacts, shoddy record keeping, incorrect experiment setup, etc... which have caused false-positive results.

Also, as I've mentioned earlier, there has not been one instance verified by a reputable source of LENR detected in nature. This violates the law of conservation of energy as the conditions for real fusion are millions of times more difficult than CF. Yet, simply looking into the sky shows billions of examples of hot fusion. I've found many papers refuting CF. There is no point posting them as people will simply say they don't believe it, as was the case when Coolescense(sp?) published their work refuting many CF claims.

I expect some breakthroughs in hot fusion in the next few years which will make that a reality sooner than people think.

• lenrisnotreal

"This violates the law of conservation of energy as the conditions for real fusion are millions of times more difficult than CF"

Woolly thinking here. Can you remember back to high school chemistry when they talked about EQUILIBRIUM versus KINETICS.

1. "Law of conservation" is mostly E=MC2 . This is about EQUILIBRIUM

LENR does not violate E=MC2 any more than HENR does.

2."conditions for real fusion" This is about KINETICS...the barrier height versus the energy/number of incoming particles

The challenge for both synthetic LENR and HENR on Terra is to increase the rate to economic levels

Currently HENR is on track to do this post-2052 at ITER

You can raise the energy/ number of incoming by "Temperature, EM fields ,photons/concentration,pressure"

or you can decrease the barrier height (Ea) by enzymes, catalysts, em fields, ??

Current LENR plasma expts are using em fields.. The older electrolytic methods had rates that were negligible.

This is of course a simplification of a complex matter.

• Oh, I understand why I hate and despise frauds and con men. Trust me on that. I've been taken a few times. On several of those occasions, there was appreciable damage. Cons are wasteful, injurious to the reputation of a field, and impact negatively on future funding.

No doubt that your repeated blunders are caused by both your apparent inability to detect when your own biases are confirmed, and your well-noted lack of interest in reading the relevant details of topics that supposedly "interest" you.

As for it being 'a waste of money', what else were you going to spend it on? ...Probably coffee, if this post is true.

Perhaps it would help you to get over the loss, if you viewed it more as a tax on gullibility / stupidity, than having a negative impact on the cafeicultors of this world.

• I expect some breakthroughs in hot fusion in the next few years which will make that a reality sooner than people think.

Well:

Tokomaks - who can tell? Most people reckon they will not work, but certainly worth trying, and the best bet. Has better magnet technology on its side.

Focus fusion - long shot but very well documented and it will make progress or not. They are now on $100,000 electrodes to reduce contamination...

Inertial Confinement Fusion (lasers) - has got advancing laser tech on its side, but still a long shot

What else? I agree, these three look a better bet than LENR.

• This is because all these claims have failed at the highest level of scrutiny. MIT, Caltech, IH, Coolescense(sp?),

On the contrary, MIT and Caltech got positive results, even though they were opposed to the research. There is nothing more convincing than a positive result from the people at MIT who were dead set against the claim, and who held a party celebrating the death of cold fusion before they got a positive result.

But in any case, roughly 180 labs reported positive results. Why would you say these four outweigh those 180? What makes you think the I.H. has more credibility than Los Alamos or China Lake?

Why would you say these four outweigh those 180? What makes you think the I.H. has more credibility than Los Alamos or China Lake?

I, for one, would not say that but I would hasten to point out that neither has followed up on those experiments which you consider successful demonstrations of LENR. That is, at best, very strange. I guess they have no interest in unlimited power sources for humanity. They are more concerned and completely absorbed with maintaining existing grants and with things like fission, steam-electric plants, model T Fords and the like.

Zeus misquotes and/or pretends to misunderstand, as usual. (S)he and Jed make a pair to draw to!

• I, for one, would not say that but I would hasten to point out that neither has followed up on those experiments which you consider successful demonstrations of LENR.

I consider all of those experiments successful demonstrations of LENR. You do not. Don't confuse your opinions with mine.

Of course they are not demonstrations of a commercially useful effect, but neither was the first fission reaction or the first transistor in 1948. It took 55 years to produce the first useful fission reaction, and 30 years to make the first transistor after the discovery of semiconductors in the 1920s. It might have taken longer if there had been opposition to the research, the way there is opposition to cold fusion. No one fired people for doing semiconductor research in the 1930s and 40s.

That is, at best, very strange.

No, it is not a bit strange. As you yourself have told us many times, you have not read the literature so you do not understand what the problems are. You have not read the history of science and technology, so you do not realize that other technologies such as fission, transistors and many others had similar problems.

For that matter, plasma fusion has made little progress despite billions of dollars in funding. No one would claim that a tokamak is a practical demonstration of anything. Do you claim that plasma fusion does not exist?

Some cold fusion experiments have produced far more energy than any tokamak ever did, albeit far less power. It seems unlikely that plasma fusion reactors can be made for long term use, because the radiation destroys the machinery. So, in some ways, cold fusion is closer to being practical than plasma fusion, despite having orders of magnitude less funding and intense opposition.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.