Rossi-Blog Comment Discussion

• @Ala

Henry wrote:

Alan is a great friend of the most Italian supporter of Rossi. I never read by him technical criticisms about the flawed tests of Rossi (on the contrar other fusionists have done), so do not confuse a good and independent engineer (really skilled) with a simple cheering role of who is already convinced

Well, let's see. Alan, in a few words, what did you think of the Levi experiment described here: http://www.nyteknik.se/nyheter…energi/article3108242.ece ?

How about the demos reported by Lewan and involving Kullander and Essen using the steam ecats?

Thanks if you answer those. It will be helpful in understanding how you might be approaching viewing this new demo.

I believe Rossi to be passionate, self-sacrificing, dedicated. I also (from evidence that comes from the Court case testimony and his blog) believe him to be manipulative, deceptive, technically incompetent, and self-aggrandising. The idea of a passionless deliberate scammer does not fit him at all.

Oh my God! I am completely stunned that anyone with your obvious intelligence could come to anything approaching that conclusion. Rossi is in every way the quintessential, classical, free energy scammer. Cheating and lying to make money for himself is the only thing he is passionate about. And without thoughts like you expressed, he would not be so successful at it!

He meets every criterion and every aspect of the profile. Talk about walking like a duck, he looks like a duck, smells like a duck, waddles like a duck and quacks (QuackX's) like a duck. And you decided he is a lion? Wow! Just wow! This is a perfectly example of exactly how scientists who are otherwise both smart and experienced get roundly flummoxed and bamboozled by the crudest con men. You, sir, have been in academia way too long. You are vastly too trusting of appearances. Appearances are deceptive. Deception is the conman's specialty!

Be cautious answering your emails, Huxley. Don't miss those big payouts from Nigerian banks!

@Adrian Ashfield

We have six years of evidence, Adrian. And Rossi was caught in flagrante delicto by Krivit and others many times, for example in this classical and hilarious video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?…er_embedded&v=uviXoafHWrU

• Oh my God! I am completely stunned that anyone with your obvious intelligence could come to anything approaching that conclusion. Rossi is in every way the quintessential, classical, free energy scammer. Cheating and lying to make money for himself is the only thing he is passionate about. And without thoughts like you expressed, he would not be so successful at it!

MY - what I said, and what you say, are not a contradiction. You only think that if you have a narrow view of the human psyche.

I agree that he is successful exactly because people see one aspect of his persona and think it is the whole, and that it implies technical consistency, competence, and honesty.

• Official Post

Let us be positive , but serious.

Rossi knows his credibility is over after the circus at Doral, that have been filed in the docket.

As he have something that works (take that as an hypothesis to verify), that is sigma 5 (no joke), he will understand that no dubious test will make his terrible reputation change.

He will propose something really clear, undeniable, that any participant will be able to verify, letting everybody able to check the smokes an mirrors, turn the tables, remove the carpets, use thermal gun, look at anything with any instruments, check the wires, the clamps, the water flow, enjoy the view from the radiators windows ...

there will be no doubt, and he will be rich.

else, no.

• @Adrian Ashfield

We have six years of evidence, Adrian. And Rossi was caught in flagrante delicto by Krivit and others many times, for example in this classical and hilarious video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?…er_embedded&v=uviXoafHWrU

It was after watching that Krivit's hit piece video that I lost most respect for him. Especially the part when he interprets Rossi's stare at the camera as having some sort of sinister meaning. LOL.

• Let us be positive , but serious.

It is unlikely Rossi would hold another demo unless he is confident. If the COP is indeed several hundred it should be possible to get a positive outcome from the spectators.

My concern is more about the engineering for commercial use.

I speculate the reactor is made of BN and surrounded with a tungsten tube, necessary to keep air away from the BN at >2000 C. Using tungsten electrodes I suppose one electrical path could be using the tungsten tube and a tungsten wired for the other. Even if the tungsten tube is elongated the individual reactors have to be attached to a plate facing 2000 C by one end and all connected up to the controllers. So there are a lot of difficult seal and material and fabrication problems to sort out. With the demo of three units oil/water cooled he doesn't have to worry about that. but for real life, high temperature operations, it is another story. Those are extraordinarily high temperatures.

A member since 2014, I'm a retired engineer who has headed engineering for three major corporations with various patents including one of the first (1964) for ATM machines; at nearly 84 I'm labeled a "student."

Looking at THHuxleynew's label of "master." I wonder if the requirement is related to how insulting one can be about Rossi. Also, I wonder what is the point of these labels.

• It could take weeks of measurement and analysis with unimpeded access before arriving at an informed conclusion

Yes, sometimes it does take weeks. I cannot judge whether it would take that long with the upcoming demonstration because I know nothing about the device.

However, with something like the Doral test it would not take weeks to evaluate the device. It was not difficult to determine it was fake. You could tell in a few minutes that it was not producing 1 MW as claimed because the room was not hot and there was no massive ventilation system capable of removing 1 MW of heat. That left open the possibility there was some excess heat at a much lower level. You could eliminate that by other methods:

If Rossi had allowed people to measure flow rates and temperatures in the Doral system they would have confirmed it was not producing heat in about 20 minutes.

If he had allowed them to look into the pretend customer site they would have seen it was fake at a glance.

Anyone who read the Penon report could see it was an absurd fraud. It seems unlikely Rossi had a real system yet he published a blatantly fraudulent report. What would be the point? If he had real data instead of the made-up nonsensical data in that report, why didn't he publish it?

• If Rossi had allowed people to measure flow rates and temperatures in the Doral system they would have confirmed it was not producing heat in about 20 minutes.

Except that he did allow for these, as is quite clear in the extensive record that we now have before us.

If he had allowed them to look into the pretend customer site they would have seen it was fake at a glance.

He did allow them. He had to because someone called in the state agency to inspect on questionable motives. This is the same state inspector that testified that he witnessed steam. At a glance, we see serpentine piping in a giant container with pipes exiting the container. Not sure how you see that it is a fake at such a glance. Not sure why the photos provided by IH seemed to cut out key portions of the setup. It would have been nice if they provided comprehensive photos.

Anyone who read the Penon report could see it was an absurd fraud. It seems unlikely Rossi had a real system yet he published a blatantly fraudulent report. What would be the point? If he had real data instead of the made-up nonsensical data in that report, why didn't he publish it?

I don't see how Penon's report is an absurd fraud. It's not polished-I'll grant you that. It is rough around the edges, but it conveys and summarizes the most important details of the test. IH was not paying for the report itself. The $89 million payment was contingent on the outcome of the test, not the quality of the report itself.

• You could tell in a few minutes that it was not producing 1 MW as claimed because the room was not hot and there was no massive ventilation system capable of removing 1 MW of heat.

That, in turn, meant that the instrument readings were way off, by a factor of 10 or more. This was also obvious from a visual inspection of the equipment and the flowing water, and from the choice of instruments and the way they were placed.

People who visited the test saw these problems. See, for example, the Murray letter describing problems, and his testimony in the lawsuit documents.

• nearly 84 I'm labeled a "student."

Looking at THHuxleynew's label of "master." I wonder if the requirement is related to how insulting one can be about Rossi. Also, I wonder what is the point of these labels.

Perhaps you know that the designations of "student", "professional", "master" and so on are automatically derived from one's activities here at the Forum. Huxley is perhaps unique in undergoing some identity shifts here, but he deserves the designation both from the automatic process and from his apparent steadfast commitment to evidence-based science. He has made that many posts and received that many "likes" over the years, reaching the 10,000 points which I guess to be the threshold for "master".

It does not take long to get to "professional", so I suggest you will get there soon enough. Another path might be to become a "Verified User", which does not sound too important, but is granted to a fairly select few, who are personally known to the administrators, I deduce.

• How humans went from using tools made from sticks and stones to using semiconductors while adhering to ideas contrary to facts constantly amazes me. No wonder some people think that much of our modern technology and even ancient architecture was devised with help and information supplied to us by extraterrestrials.

• Except that he did allow for these [measurements of flow and temperature], as is quite clear in the extensive record that we now have before us.

He tried mightily to prevent it, but I believe people finally did manage to make measurements despite his objections. It was obvious from these measurements that Rossi's instruments were wrong by a factor of 10 or more, and that his device produced no excess heat. The fraud was revealed as soon as someone measured the flow rate.

The situation was similar to the Defkalion fraud. As soon as someone measured the actual flow rate (which was zero at times) it was obvious the machine was not working. The Defkalion people managed stop anyone from measuring for several months, but once other people did measure, the game was up and the fraud was revealed. See:

http://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/GamberaleLfinaltechn.pdf

I don't see how Penon's report is an absurd fraud.

Then you are incapable of elementary analysis, and you do not understand the first thing about instruments, experiments, or everyday plumbing. Murray pointed out many reasons why the report is an absurd fraud, and so did I. The flow rates, for example, are preposterous, and the temperatures could not be so similar every day. Also, as I said, the numbers in the report add up to 1 MW of heat, which is physically impossible given the ventilation in the warehouse. That 1 MW must be wrong by a factor of 10 or more. Since we know it is wrong, the data should have been thrown out, and real data from properly selected instruments should have been used instead.

In other words, when the data leads to a physically impossible conclusion that you can disprove by walking into the room and looking around for a few minutes, that data must be wrong.

There were many other ways to see it was wrong. Anyone who has read a flow meter manual or an on-line guide to flow meters could glance at the meter, the way it was installed, and the water coming out of the pipe (which was visible) and tell the meter was malfunctioning. It is as if you stepped onto an industrial weight scale and it registered 2,500 lbs. You would know that is the wrong answer. You would not need to do a sophisticated analysis. Anyone familiar with flowing water can tell approximately how much water is flowing out of a visible pipe. It was obvious the meter was measuring the wrong amount by a huge factor.

• @Adrian Ashfield

It is unlikely Rossi would hold another demo unless he is confident. If the COP is indeed several hundred it should be possible to get a positive outcome from the spectators.

Adrian, You deserve a lot of respect if your qualifications are as you say. But can you dig down into that engineering expertise and explain why a device with a COP of several hundred has a COP at all? It should have a COP of infinity-- no input power at all. Not only that but according to Rossi, his QuarkX outputs electricity thus even the control circuits could be powered by the device, if Rossi told the truth. So to start with, the specifications sound bogus, do they not? Why would a highly efficient device like Rossi describes, require any powerinput at all?

• IH Fanboy

It was after watching that Krivit's hit piece video that I lost most respect for him. Especially the part when he interprets Rossi's stare at the camera as having some sort of sinister meaning. LOL.

Rossi's stare is classical. It's the little boy caught with his hand in the cookie jar. It's the teenager caught with his pants down. It's the bank robber caught with his hand inside the cash drawer. It's Rossi setting up a company to be his "customer," giving it a name almost identical to a well known major firm, and then having his own lawyer be the CEO and then having it all revealed during depositions! LOL.

In the video, Rossi was obviously simulating a high power output by cranking up the power manually. Remember that we are talking about the original ecat which had a huge heater strap located on the outside, where it could ONLY heat the COOLING WATER. That's what tipped people like "Alsetalokin" on Moletrap and probably Krivit that mischief was afoot.

• Longview

Profile reads:

THHuxleynew Master, Member since Jan 18th 2017, Posts 1,426

I suspect THHuxleynew has called Rossi a fraud more often than the total posts I've made. Posting the same thing shouldn't accumulate points. I neither care about nor want a label. particularly one so inappropriate.

• But can you dig down into that engineering expertise and explain why a device with a COP of several hundred has a COP at all?

The E-Cat X is its present form only produces heat so can't be used to power itself. depending how you measure it, the E-Cat X might be considered to have an infinite COP when it is running in self sustain mode. But at this point in the game the controller has to stay switched on, even if it is not powering the reactor. We know nothing about the percentage of time it runs in self sustain, so wait for the facts.

• Rossi's stare is classical. It's the little boy caught with his hand in the cookie jar. It's the teenager caught with his pants down. It's the bank robber caught with his hand inside the cash drawer. It's Rossi setting up a company to be his "customer," giving it a name almost identical to a well known major firm, and then having his own lawyer be the CEO and then having it all revealed during depositions! LOL.

Or perhaps it is the warped imagination of some people having an axe to grind.

• The E-Cat X is its present form only produces heat so can't be used to power itself. depending how you measure it, the E-Cat X might be considered to have an infinite COP when it is running in self sustain mode. But at this point in the game the controller has to stay switched on, even if it is not powering the reactor. We know nothing about the percentage of time it runs in self sustain, so wait for the facts.

It would not be truthful to call a device self sustaining if it has to be connected to something that supplies power to sustain its operation, even if that power was intermittent. .... Unless that controller is unpowered.

• Well, oldguy it depends. For example, an experimental conventional nuclear fission reactor, not connected to a turbine and generator, may require electricity for its control functions, motors/actuators for control rods and so on. I'd not mind if Rossi had a clearly isolated and metered power supply for his control system. But there can not be any outside power used to heat the reactor except for a brief period at startup! With a COP over 2, and certainly as Rossi has claimed all along over 6, it should not be necessary to provide more heat. Instead, especially with hot cats, controlled forced cooling should be required or at least desired for safety but Rossi has never used it! Thus Rossi has had 6 years to work out how to feed heat back from the output back to the body reactor through some sort of control system. Of course, he never has, since his devices are entirely powered by electricity he puts in from the mains. With a claimed "COP" in the hundreds, I wonder what his excuse will be now for not extracting and rerouting back to the extractor some of that bountiful heat. Of course, if you ask, you are snake and a clown and you are banned.

This experience is becoming ever more "Steornish". Steorn, you recall, claimed a magnetic motor that self ran and had power left over. But it always seemed to need a battery! Or the demo involved complex "oscilloscopy" and extensive incomprehensible computations that made no sense to anyone other than Sean McCarthy, the CEO. And some demos failed with excuses... the lights were too hot and damaged the bearings, and wouldn't you know it, they couldn't find more bearings. Like Tilley's self charging DeLorean car. It also had bearing problems and only ran once even though DeLorean enthusiasts from all over the country offered replacement parts. There are only so many ways to con free energy. Rossi is bound to repeat one.

I hope Alan would ask those sorts of questions about self running but I bet he won't. Hell, far as I know, he never even asked Levi why Levi never repeated the most convincing experiment with an e-cat EVER-- where he got 135kW peak and >10kW steady state for many hours from a small old type ecat cooled without phase change! Dynamite way to prove it works yet neither Rossi nor Levi has ever repeated it that anyone knows of. Strange, no? Of course not. Watch the believers swarm in with excuses. Rossi has the best excuse of all when asked to calibrate, repeat, or improve an experiment: "I don't need to do that, I already know what will happen." He really wrote that back to me in 2011 when I proposed calibrating his system with a blank reactor containing no fuel.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.