Rossi-Blog Comment Discussion

• I think nobody should walk out of the demo.

Check it out, and learn everything that one can, for better or worse.

Shane and Eric Walker HOPE that it will be a failure. Anything to back up their previous statements rather than have a new source of clean cheap energy.

Shane and Eric Walker HOPE that it will be a failure. Anything to back up their previous statements rather than have a new source of clean cheap energy.

Any evidence for this, Adrian? It seems incorrect. All of us hope for a new source of clean and cheap energy? Why would anyone not? Other than maybe those who own oil? And even then, they know oil won't last forever and they are ooking for new investment and have embraced wind and solar already!

• @Adrian Ashfield ,

I very strongly doubt a new clean source of energy will witnessed at the demo.

But I would never squander an opportunity to see Rossi in action, in person. Even if there was zero chance to examine the apparatus up close.

Going to a Rossi demo is far more exclusive than, say, hanging out with the Rolling Stones backstage. I think it would be great fun. I would keep my mouth shut, not pester the host, and keep my eyes and ears open. A amazing show is almost guaranteed. Why spoil it? The guests will no doubt be as interesting as the actual demo.

• Siffer, I suspect that even if ROSSI let you in on all the details of his con, you'd still think he had something. To you, such a story would be to protect his IP or some similar idiocy. Incidentally, "everyone seeing a demo [I assume you mean everyone who HAS SEEN a demo]... is positive" is categorically wrong. Even a credulous individual with not an ounce of skepticism like Lewan said that he was unsure without better testing. So did Essen. And all the Swedish scientists said was that they observed something anomalous. They didn't say what. They recommended more research. Only a very few hard headed and gullible internet pundits still seem to be absolutely certain that Rossi has the goods. Most other long time observers have SERIOUS doubts.

Wow! You're doing all the arguing for me... Proving my point ... Tell me, why are you soooo nervous about the demo that you need to put all this effort into trashing it before it has occured...

• @Paradigmnoia's reasoning is good. I take back the part about wishing that people will walk out if there are obvious problems with the demo.

Think about what you said. You should be ashamed.

I have acted with integrity on this forum, and my comment above was made with integrity, for it reflects my genuine opinion that people such as yourself will not be swayed by further evidence of shady behavior. You have sort of stepped out of any empirical feedback loop and see only what you wish to see. This is unfortunate, but, as I said, this is the Internet, and the world is a big place, so perhaps this is unsurprising.

• “who do you think contribute more to advancing lenr cause: stupid gullible optimists or paranoid pessimists?”

LENR is not a “cause”. Curing cancer is a cause. Eliminating bigotry is a cause. LENR is a purported physical phenenon. Either it exists or it doesn’t and that doesn’t depend on the roar of the crowd. Advancing LENR depends on quality reproducible scientific research results not rooting for it. What a bunch of yahoos on the internet have to say one way or the other doesn’t matter.

• Other than calling anyone who doesn’t support “the cause” a pathoskep, what are activists doing to help? The most visible activists on websites are the supporters of Andrea Rossi, who has done more to make LENR look like pathological science than anyone in history. Is that helping “the cause”?

• @Paradigmnoia's reasoning is good. I take back the part about wishing that people will walk out if there are obvious problems with the demo.

I have acted with integrity on this forum, and my comment above was made with integrity, for it reflects my genuine opinion that people such as yourself will not be swayed by further evidence of malfeasance. You have sort of stepped out of any empirical feedback loop and see only what you wish to see. This is unfortunate, but, as I said, this is the Internet, and the world is a big place, so perhaps this is unsurprising.

Or maybe, just maybe Eric - that is precisely the view that you are so very eager to promote at the moment... maybe ...

• Return on investment is what moves this world: capitalism. The fate of LENR will be determined by the amount of money that can be extracted from its applications. Rossi's plan for LENR's future is why that plan is exactly on point. Whether LENR exists or is powerful or weak does not matter, what is important is the amount of money that can be extracted from what it can do.

The capital returns from LENR will motivate science to take LENR seriously. These capitalist fellows will eagerly grab the LENR papers and data, then read them with great interest because these papers will serve as a treasure map to great fortune and riches.

The purpose of Rossi's demo is an introduction of the moneyed interests to the prospects of the superior returns on investment that LENR can generate. If it works or no, does not matter. if LENR cannot produce profit, then it does not hold value or interest and it will be ignored until someone can extract value from it. In this application of greed is the road to the new paradigm.

• Other than calling anyone who doesn’t support “the cause” a pathoskep, what are activists doing to help? The most visible activists on websites are the supporters of Andrea Rossi, who has done more to make LENR look like pathological science than anyone in history. Is that helping “the cause”?

Is that a fact? Or is it wishful thinking of yours.... It sure as hell looks to me that Rossi has done more to promote LENR than anyone else in history...(and that there are a shitload of deniers trying to trash him and the tech) I'm not sure however if you just have a problem with the Rossi personality or with something else. Tell me.

• Adrian,

Negative posts on ECW are censored,

Many of my posts responding to or asking for data and proofs are deleted.

If you are a Rossi zealot, you are welcome to post, however a lifelong energy professional

who has done work at Fermi, Argon, DOE, DOD, VA, GSA, TVA, UL Labs etc, apparently is not welcome to post contradictions to the

sham “tests” the Rossi puts on.

• Return on investment is what moves this world: capitalism. The fate of LENR will be determined by the amount of money that can be extracted from its applications. Rossi's plan for LENR's future is why that plan is exactly on point. Whether LENR exists or is powerful or weak does not matter, what is important is the amount of money that can be extracted from what it can do.

The capital returns from LENR will motivate science to take LENR seriously. These capitalist fellows will eagerly grab the LENR papers and data, then read them with great interest because these papers will serve as a treasure map to great fortune and riches.

The purpose of Rossi's demo is an introduction of the moneyed interests to the prospects of the superior returns on investment that LENR can generate. If it works or no, does not matter. if LENR cannot produce profit, then it does not hold value or interest and it will be ignored until someone can extract value from it. In this application of greed is the road to the new paradigm.

Exactly. And that is why Rossi and the tech is so hated by certain stakeholders. Not talking about the corporate world here; they know how to hedge their bets., but mainly the academic and political (greens etc). Because for them there is no upside. Their current taxbased funding will be forever gone when LENR hits the market. And they know it. Also I believe the US gov/mil sector is a bit worried since the tech might disrupt geopolitical balance in some aspects if changes are to quick.

• Hmm, let me see; that might be because you are not presenting contradiction but only innovative fraud scenarios made up from your very distant but comfortable armchair...

• Amazing for me to say, but I hardly give Rossi any thought nowadays. Yes, I know there is an upcoming QX stage act that Alan, Frank and 40 others will attend ...most likely in Sweden, but that is it. He just does not interest me anymore.

Well that's really heartening, it only took you 1690 or so posts to lose interest in Rossi. Yet, you're still posting about him :/

The social engineering going on on this forum is hilarious. The most verbose of the posters repeat ad nauseam that Rossi is a scammer and that there's nothing to see so move along, and they all have 1k+ posts repeating exactly that, with the bonus option of "LENR is a giant nothingburger, it's not even worth spending time studying it".
    But it's worth spending hours daily on this very forum (and others I believe), trying to persuade others of this:?:

If you are a Rossi zealot, you are welcome to post, however a lifelong energy professional

who has done work at Fermi, Argon, DOE, DOD, VA, GSA, TVA, UL Labs etc, apparently is not welcome to post contradictions to the

sham “tests” the Rossi puts on.

Since money, its acquisition or loss, is at the root of true motivation, it is interesting to me what serves to motivate Roseland67 in his opposition to the prospects of LENR. Maybe Roseland67 is fearful that LENR will undercut the technologies that he is so familiar with, the technologies that have put food on his table for so many years. Is Roseland67 now unwilling to put in the work to come up to speed on the new LENR technology? Is he a conservative to the way that it has always been?

When the automobile came onto the scene, the expert house wranglers were at a loss in the face of the new auto technology, THe buggy whips were not in demand. Failing Like a Buggy Whip Maker?

NEED to describe a hand-held mathematical calculator? Try “buggy whip.” A typewriter? A VCR? They’ve been called buggy whips, too. Even newspapers have received that label.

Buggy whips, used to prod the horses harnessed to wagons and carriages, started to become obsolete when automobiles appeared in the late 19th century. Today, any line of business facing the life-or-death challenge of a digital age will be described, sooner or later, as a contemporary buggy whip maker.

To make the world a better place, the key is to give people what they need not what you need to sell. Surely, the Rossi zealot understands that the world needs LENR in the worst way.

• Official Post

Sure, market forces, trickle down economy. I've head that already so many times.

How many countries were depending solely on buggy whips sales? How many are now depending on oil market? Quite a few.

Tech gurus are flying into space and boring tunnels using tech invented during Hoover dam construction. They are happy with their ROI. What will make them to move?

• It is important to be able to effectively nit pick to pieces claims of LENR so that we are, collectively, so good at it that when the real deal comes along it will obvious as the noses on our faces. Our various tests of BS will utterly fail when applied to the real thing.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.