Rossi-Blog Comment Discussion

• If you want latex + wysiwyg try Lyx. Math is quickest to write in latex with one of the many instant preview programs. E.g Visual Studio Code + latex instant preview from markdown

• Like the gentle caress of the first sweet breath of spring, the demo on the 24th will bring a new age of reason.

“He turned away, and suddenly she thought about the old children's story, where the stupid girl opens the box that God gave her, and all the evils of the world fly out, except Hope, which stays at the bottom; and she wondered what Hope was doing in there in the first place, in with all the bad things. Then the answer came to her, and she wondered how she could've been so stupid. Hope was in there because it was evil too, probably the worst of them all, so heavy with malice and pain that it couldn't drag itself out of the opened box.”

- K.J. Parker, from "Sharps"

• Inspired by the clear and present truth engendered by the upcoming demo, what is now required is a political movement to force a broad based and deeply rooted commitment to develop the LENR technology as a top priority to solve the pressing issues that plague the world today. All venial arguments against the immediate development and deployment of LENR must be countered with self evident facts that push LENR to the forefront of the common mind as an uncompromisable priority.

• To those searching for truth -- not the truth of dogma and darkness but the truth brought by reason, search, examination, and inquiry, discipline is required. For faith, as well intentioned as it may be, must be built on facts, not fiction -- faith in fiction is a damnable false hope.

- Thomas Edison

• It is apparent that you have a different outlook concerning Rossi and it seems that you do not quite understand the view that many others do. Perhaps they (and I) do no understand your view as well.

However, I do take exception to a couple of things and would ask you to directly address them with your logic, not hand waiving.

Bob. "Repetitive criticism. Yes. Why? Rossi repetitively lies,"

No, Rossi seldom volunteers anything. He answers questions.

Bob. "Gratuitous (insults)? Hardly! Most of the criticisms here are well documented"

Not just about Rossi but other members of this forum.

Bob. "So with that in mind, please answer the following:"

You then list eight things, all of which I have seen ~50 times and already have been answered. A few are true, most are half truths. For example you quote Rossi “has often boasted on JONP, that he has or is building "robotic factories" that ARE a "magnificence"!” He never said they existed outside of his head. He has said he was planning and anyone in his position would do that. Show the actual quotation if you can.

You simply have no concept of the difficulties Rossi has faced. It is hard enough to start up a new company let alone developing a truly novel technology at the same time. Of course he hoped each E-Cat would be the answer. It looks like the control of same was never fully solved, nor the materials optimized.

Being paranoid (with good reason) Rossi sometimes said misleading things to throw the competition off Also as English was not his first language he was often far from clear.

You clearly don’t understand the situation and as you have no meaningful things to add I will probably skip your comments as well as Mary Yugo’s.

Seeing that a Moderator (Eric Walker) would be “tickled” by Rossi doing a conjuring trick (pull a rabbit from the hat) "in a few years," I doubt the percentage of crap will be reduced before the demo.

• To those searching for truth -- not the truth of dogma and darkness but the truth brought by reason, search, examination, and inquiry, discipline is required. For faith, as well intentioned as it may be, must be built on facts, not fiction -- faith in fiction is a damnable false hope.

- Thomas Edison

The demo on the 24th will serve as a wellspring of facts both profound and prolific; aw let us bath within the sweet joy of truth.

• Developing a perfect source of world saving energy is no mean feat. Compare it to the development of the hot fusion reactor now 60 years in the making at the cost of 40 billion dollars and running, with another 50 years of development to go and countless more billions to pay without the prospects of a certain outcome. Sometimes I feel that this world is populated by the decipies of perdition intent on imposing continual misery on mankind. Such jealousy for the promise of salvation is despicable.

• Being paranoid (with good reason) Rossi sometimes said misleading things to throw the competition off

So, that interpretation is generous, given that there is at present no competition. A less generous and simpler one is that he has consistently misled people to gain investment and the illusion that his stuff works. As he said: a PR magnificence.

• According to Krivit, ITER only has a COP of 1.6 at best - and possibly <1. Hot fusion scientists told Congress the COP was 10, but they only counted a small fraction of the total power used to run it. The objective is apparentlye to operate for 10 minutes in ~20 years time at a cost of $25 billion.

I wrote DOE asking them if Krivit's figures were correct and have never received an answer.

I wonder why the critics here don't understand how much time it takes to develop new technology and yet never complain about ITER

• The bankrupt spirit who exists without hope exemplifies the nature of the enemies of the LENR paradigm.

"I am the spirit that negates" says Mephistopheles

That's exactly how the pathoskeptic technofascism works: "why bother studying LENR, it's not real!" "we can't stop using pesticides, biodynamics is a hoax!" "you need this 25k$ cancer treatment, there's zero proof that fasting or heavy doses or Vitamin C have any effect!"
    They do have hope: fleeting hope that by negating facts, they will allow their masters to profit a little while longer from obsolete technologies (which are enslaving and destructive for the environment and living things, moreover)

• he has consistently misled people to gain investment

should read

he has consistently misled venture capitalists to gain investment

Andrea Rossi
    May 26, 2016 at 4:33 PM

Dawn:

I strongly suggest not to invest money in anything that is not already well diddused in the market. Investments in things that are in an R&D stage are mostly destined to finish in nothing.

This is valid also for me. We do not accept investments if not from companies specialzed in the energy field, whose management is perfectly aware of all the risks connected with an enterprise like ours.

If and when we will be able to launch our product in the market massively, then we will accept investments to finance our expansion. Our ship is a warship, we are in the middle of the war and I will never put at risk the money that people has earned during their life in a situation like this.

When we will have our product massively in the market, we will go public, respecting all the laws. Now we are fughting a very risky war and I want not to fight with the blood of the others.

Thank you for your trust,

Warm Regards,

A.R.

• @Adrian Ashfield

The basic difference between ITER and the ecats is that the former performs and the latter doesn't. You can be disappointed in ITER's accomplishments to date but you can't deny that it is real, that a lot is being learned with it, that it can produce fusion and that it may lead to a new source of power, either in that form or in another. NONE of that is true with Rossi's ecat. Ni-H fusion has NEVER been shown to work, least of all by Rossi. Rossi has never accomplished anything tangible except various forms of lies and fraud. There is no similarity whatever between the two. Nothing is being learned from Rossi's devices except that some people are pretty easily fooled.

• You can be disappointed in ITER's accomplishments to date but you can't deny that it is real, that a lot is being learned with it

ITER does not exist yet. The schedule has been pushed to 2025. I think you mean plasma fusion in general.

I do not think a lot has been learned from it, because little progress has been made, despite many promises.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.