Rossi-Blog Comment Discussion

• Economic breakeven. Outputting power at a cost that is reasonably competitive with other sources of energy.

This is a VERY complicated issue. Beware of jumping to conclusions or mass-media simplifications. You cannot just look at the cost per megawatt-hour of electricity to compare technologies. Other issues include:

Availability. In Crozet, VA, the power company has a 1-MW Diesel generator in the middle of nowhere. I asked the power company about it. Based on the fuel costs and specs., anyone can see that costs more than other power company generators. However, it is used to meet peak demand a few hours at a time. It is quite cost effective for that purpose, because the equipment is so cheap.

Scale. The most expensive sources of electricity are pacemaker and hearing aid batteries. I suppose they must cost millions of dollars per megawatt hour, but people are happy to pay that much.

Expenses not accounted for; externalities. Smoke from coal fired power plants kills roughly 20,000 Americans per year, and makes life miserable for millions. I drove near a power plant in Georgia during an inversion a few years ago. It was like a thick fog, only it stank. I had to turn on the headlights. It enveloped towns, farms and schools for mile after mile. This smoke could easily be eliminated with scrubbers, but that would raise the cost of electricity by a few cents per kilowatt hour, and make coal uncompetitive.

Nothing will be done about this, because the people being killed and the children choking in the schools are poor, rural, conservative people who do not file lawsuits, and who seldom vote. Or they vote for the GOP, which advocates coal. They are voting to ruin their families' health and end their lives prematurely, with no benefit to themselves, because no coal is mined in Georgia.

If the airline industry were to crash airplanes killing 20,000 middle class people, or if MacDonald's were to kill 20,000 customers with food poisoning, these companies would be put out of business within days. But the power companies are careful to kill only poor people, and have been doing this since the 19th century, so they will not be held accountable.

• axil Strange that Rossi and Levi and the Swedish scientists NEVER responded to all those very probable allegations, don't you think, Axil? In fact they never responded to any critique of their work at all. That is confidence inspiring to you perhaps?

There is a number of ways and reasons why criticism is produced. One is constructive criticism where the critic intends to help the experimenter, and then there is the kind of "got ya" criticism that you produce intended to destroy the experimenter. Over the years experience has shown that responding to this got ya criticism is a waste of time; a no win situation. So it is understandable why cooperation involving that type of criticism is not now or ever to be expected. This also includes responding to your posts. I strongly suspect that this response is a waste of time.

• Anyone know if this "demo" will be live streamed and if so how to view it?

1. Albert Ellul November 8, 2017 at 7:46 AM

DEar Andrea Rossi,

Congratulations on your achievements so far.

Is there a link available for viewing the demo online and in real time when the demo is in progress?

2. Andrea Rossi November 8, 2017 at 8:16 AM

Albert Ellul:

No, the streaming will be delayed several hours.

Thank you for your attention to our work,

Warm Regards,

A.R.

• I am hoping the demo won't have obvious flaws such as:

- questions about quality of the steam

- voltage being measured on a resistance and not on the reactor

What flaws?

If you had been following the subject you would know the calorimetry does not involve steam.

What is wrong with measuring the voltage across a known resistor? Apparently the reactor has close to zero resistance. Measuring the power going into the controller would be a good idea, but that's not what you said.

• My mistake. I see I did misquote you. Your actual quotation was ""robotic factories" that ARE a "magnificence."

Of course, Rossi did not say that either. I was sufficiently tired of the topic I just paraphrased it and didn't bother look it up.

Not that even altering the meaning of a quote seems to mean much to you.

Again, really?

Your best defense is to remain on whether Rossi used the term robotic for his factory or not? What point are you trying to make?

Let me refresh your memory of my original post that started this.

Post 1300

Rossi-Blog Comment Discussion

This is the meat of that post:

"So with that in mind, please answer the following:

1)Rossi himself has stated over the years that he has sold 13 1mw plants to satisfied customers, including the military and private concerns. As late as 2016, after the lawsuit he stated he sold 3 more to the satisfied Doral customer! Which we all know as a lie.

2) Rossi himself has often boasted on JONP, that he has or is building "robotic factories" that ARE a "magnificence"! We know this is untrue and that the only facilities he has was a small facility in Italy and the small Doral facility. No robotics. Not 11 years ago and none now.

3) Rossi has stated that he had received safety certifications on the 1mw plant. This was not true. The certification granted was a self submitted application for electrical controls that had nothing to do with the reactor. The certification itself stated that it was not for commercial use nor for any production certification. However, Rossi presented it as such.

4) Rossi himself stated that the "Lugano test" was completely independent and that he had no involvement except starting it up. Court documents now prove that actually he and Fabiani ran the entire test and the professors only stopped by on rare occasion.

5) About the "customer" for the 1 year test:

a) There was no customer, it was Rossi and Rossi's lawyer

b)Rossi stated the customer had long been in production and need heat. JMP had NO prior production and no need for heat all according to court documents.

c) Rossi "presented" a "chief engineer" to several visitors. This turned out to be a software consultant, simply hired by Rossi.

d) Rossi himself, stated on JONP to you and other loyal followers, that the customer was well satisified, making production AND purchased 3 more plants. Not was going to but DID purchase.

6) Rossi stated in May 2016, that he had a new partner and new customer for the QuarkX. This turned out according to HIS sworn deposition to be a lie. There was none.

7) Rossi presented in June 2016, a fuzzy blue photo to HIS followers, that this was the test by the new customer and partner. This was a lie as there was no new customer. Remember, these are

posts to YOU and his other supporters! He lied to all of you!

8 ) Rossi presented a paper written by Gullstrom. It was clearly indicated that Gullstrom took part in the QuarkX test / measurements. Mats Lewan himself now has confirmed that Gullstrom was

not present nor has seen the QuarkX himself. "

------

And now all you are doing is dwelling on a two word phrase while dodging the real core of the subject. The central point. Let me make it easier.....

I will modify my point #2 to read :

2) Rossi himself has often boasted on JONP, that he has or is building "robotic factories" that ARE a and that at least ONE TIME HE STATED A FACTORY WAS A "magnificence"! We know this is untrue and that the only facilities he has was a small facility in Italy and the small Doral facility. No robotics. Not 11 years ago and none now.

Is that better? Does that really change the subject matter? Does that really defend Rossi or your logic in supporting him? Hopefully we can progress past that point now!

So back to the real issue, please provide your point by point logic in how you ignore or account for Rossi's actions listed above. How these can be construed as from an honest person and not deceiving or disingenuous. How one should put faith and support to a person who has done these action above?

If you cannot make logical and direct answers to the above, we are done. I have no desire to have a facsimile debate with someone who refuses to acknowledge facts, answer with facts and simply tries to "hand waive" away the hard questions with silly word claims! In the real word, if I answered my boss with that type of response, I would be fired! You often pronounce your real world history and experience... apply it here!

• What flaws?

If you had been following the subject you would know the calorimetry does not involve steam.

What is wrong with measuring the voltage across a known resistor? Apparently the reactor has close to zero resistance. Measuring the power going into the controller would be a good idea, but that's not what you said.

Do you what is the nature of its output - electrical power, light, heat, mechanical?

You speak of resistance of the device and a controller- since he claims the device is self sustaining, how is the output converted for their inputs to keep it running without external input of power?

• More old Rossifiction for Adrian, Axil and other believers with obviously poor memories:

Andrea Rossi
    April 18th, 2013 at 5:46 AM

Dear Paul:

Commercial priority: we are developing with our USA Partner a robotized line for the reactors even for the industrial plants. We will have also to continue to manufacture plants for heat production. Technological priority is electric power production.

Warm Regards,

A.R.

I assume the USA partner (was there ever any other partner?) is IH and I bet Darden never heard of any "robotized lines" except maybe lines of bullsh*t.

Andrea Rossi
    February 10th, 2013 at 9:39 AM

Dear Frank Acland:

1- the Hot Cats can be driven either by electric power or gas, but also a hybrid system is doable

2- with the outsourcing network already organized, if necessary we can manufacture thousands per day, if necessary ...

Outsourcing network? You mean three old guys in a shipping container?

since he claims the device is self sustaining

Is he claiming that now? Hey Alan, look for wires. Or maybe there will be nothing but an LED run by a battery in the thing.

• "But the power companies are careful to kill only poor people, and have been doing this since the 19th century, so they will not be held accountable"

The footprint of 20th century environmental destruction(externalities?) in the cause of cheap energy is larger than in the 19th century

" Radiation monitoring training activities were also performed with CFJ (Citizens for Justice) and the local communities in Kayelekera. CRIIRAD discovered hot spots in the environment of the mine and a high uranium concentration in the water flowing from a stream located below the open pit and entering the SERE river. Results that relate to the radiological monitoring of the environment performed by the company are kept secret."

https://antinuclear.net/2017/1…ronmental-mess-in-malawi/

• Do you what is the nature of its output - electrical power, light, heat, mechanical?

You speak of resistance of the device and a controller- since he claims the device is self sustaining, how is the output converted for their inputs to keep it running without external input of power?

You are missing a vital word in the first sentence,

Rossi has stated this demo will be only of total heat.

I haven't seen figures for how long the E-Cat QX can run in self sustain mode. That fact that it does for at least part of the time helps the high COP.

I spoke of measuring the voltage across a known resistor and measuring the power into the controller. The resistance of the reactor is not known except that it is very low.

I don't understand your last sentence. I think the answer is that it isn't.

• I don't understand your last sentence. I think the answer is that it isn't.

The bottom line on all this dialog is the desire to destroy Rossi and his technology using every possible verbal mechanism that ingenuity can produce. The unspoken motive is most probably based on personal money or ego issues. It is illogical to assume that the reason for opposition to Rossi and his technology is related to concern for protecting others from imprudent investment in Rossi's tech. I predict that the number of trolls that join the dialog will expand by orders of magnitude here as time and Rossi's progress advances.

This brings to mind and asserts how personal greed, animus, distruction, and jealous...the seven deadly cardinal sins... produces pain and misfortune that runs rampant in this world. The goal of the sons of perdition is clear to see as witnessed by their method and results.

• What flaws?

If you had read the post you replied to, you would see that I know it won't involve steam - that's a good thing.

Nothing wrong with measuring V across the resistor. But that's not enough to measure input power.

The reactor having zero resistance is not "apparent" to me. It will be apparent if Rossi plugs a voltmeter across it.

• You are missing a vital word in the first sentence,

Rossi has stated this demo will be only of total heat.

I haven't seen figures for how long the E-Cat QX can run in self sustain mode. That fact that it does for at least part of the time helps the high COP.

I spoke of measuring the voltage across a known resistor and measuring the power into the controller. The resistance of the reactor is not known except that it is very low.

I don't understand your last sentence. I think the answer is that it isn't.

Adrian,

Rossi is up a creek with no paddle on this one. What he wrote in the TWO research papers is just wrong, the "low resistance" excuse came after much ECW worry and request for post-hoc justifications. And the resistance across the reactor is not known that is Rossi (as often he does) misleading. Very low is vague, unless it is quantified with a definite limit, in which case we would not say unknown, but known to a given precision.

• I have a full-page ad from Life Scientific American magazine from the 1950s featuring 16 medical doctors fusionists extolling the health energy benefits of smoking burning Camel cigarettes hydrogen gas. These doctors knew MUCH more about medical physical matters than you and I do. Nevertheless, they were idiots. It is quite easy to find smart people who believe stupid things. It is especially useful when the stupid things they believe are what you yourself want to believe.

Another FTFY with the original image (Scientific American Oct 1958)

fusion-ad-gry-568x800.jpg

• The bottom line on all this dialog is the desire to destroy Rossi and his technology using every possible verbal mechanism that ingenuity can produce.

Nonsense. It takes no ingenuity to point out that 1 MW of heat in an enclosed warehouse will kill everyone. It takes no ingenuity to point to photos of the warehouse and the equipment that prove there was no mezzanine heater, and that the tank and pipes were open to the atmosphere. Anyone can see that at a glance. These and other easily verified facts prove beyond doubt that Rossi is a fraud. That is why you refuse to look at any of the reports, photos, and other proof.

The unspoken motive is most probably based on personal money or ego issues.

Perhaps you should tell us what motivates you to --

Defend indefensible criminal fraud.

Refuse to examine the evidence.

Refuse to respond to any technical issues, no matter how clear cut, such as the fact that 1 MW of heat in an enclosed room kills people.

I have no idea what your motive may be, but your actions do not make you look good. You are defending criminal activities. You have said that Rossi was justified in committing fraud, because it prevented I.H. from stealing from him. That makes no sense; all the fraud in the world would not stop them from stealing, if that's what they were up to. Perhaps you should refrain from accusing others of base motives. People who live in glass houses should not throw stones.

• JulianBianchi: You equate saying that fusion power would be a good thing to saying cigarettes are good for you? I know that fusion is "the enemy" for LENR cult members, but get real. It is one thing to argue that too much money is spent on it without tangible results. I wouldn't really argue against that position. It is quite another thing to imply that success would be a bad thing. But that sort of thinking is why I said "cult members". Because some of the ideas that are prevalent in this community can only be the product of mass delusion. And don't go off on another specious analogy. I don't think a single skeptic here is "against LENR". It would be terrific if it turns out to be a real and useful phenomenon. Anyone rooting against it is an idiot. If you want to pretend skeptics are idiots, knock yourself out.

• Rossi is up a creek with no paddle on this one. What he wrote in the TWO research papers is just wrong, the "low resistance" excuse came after much ECW worry and request for post-hoc justifications. And the resistance across the reactor is not known that is Rossi (as often he does) misleading. Very low is vague, unless it is quantified with a definite limit, in which case we would not say unknown, but known to a given precision.

Sounds like FUD to me. What creek is Rossi supposed to be without a paddle? As far as I know, no LENR theory has yet been accepted and there are plenty of them. Your theory that it is simply not possible is popular and probably wrong too.

"...with a fluorescent bulb, you will find that the ratio of applied voltage to resulting current decreases with increasing applied voltage. Couple that with a device that produces electricity and I suspect the answer is complicated. When I said the resistance was not known I meant not published, I assume Rossi has a pretty good idea what it is.

I anticipate this is one of the areas you and your anti-Rossi friends will write dozens of pages of speculating on the various ways Rossi MUST be wrong. As you know nothing about it. it should be easy to make stuff up.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.