Rossi-Blog Comment Discussion

• "He would no doubt recommend a series of rigorous tests"

Deselection of EcatQX is highly likely because is there is more evidence/disclosure from other options.

Rossi ND most likely precludes rigorous tests from multiple labs

http://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/ BiberianJPjcondensedw.pdf

McKubre second paper..pg23

"Identify what we consider to the best experiments (three or four).

Recruit multiple laboratories to work on them.

Write clear scientific papers including multiple authors from the multiple labs. Let us do our own peer review

first."

• On the topic of ITER fusion .

The Stellerator has been resurrected as W7X in Wendelstein Germany.

These comments suggest W7X is more promising than ITER

"The W-7X appears to be working well from initial tests, which is good news. That said, it has a very long way to go. One thing a Stellartor has that a Tokamak lacks is that a stellarator can easily be made modular. A Tokamak does not easily lend itself to modular components. Another issue is that a Tokamak can loose a plasma in such a manner that the plasma will burn through the containment chamber resulting in an ugly and very expensive mess. Stellators cannot do this due to the nature of their field. These later features bode well for a possible stellarator proto-type plant.
    Iter, not completely due to its design, is currently just a money hole that has far, far run over budget and STILL is a hole in the ground with little to show,

The W-7x is running now and was built within budget (the current machine; however, only after the complete failure of the original company that tried to build the complex magnets; creating those magnets created a 10 year delay!) Luckily, the technology they (W-7X and the new company) developed is rather mature now and these magnets can be built and the process of making these very complex magnets is well understood thanks to that investment. Recent tests using a plasma and at temperature (these are SC and cooled with liquid helium) has proven that the magnets are performing better then theory had predicted - a good sign."by Dennis P Brown » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:15 fusorfourm

The prospect of the Tokamak losing its plasma sounds more terrifying than a meltdown with fission reactors.

240 cubic meters of 150 million K deuterium/lithium??

Perhaps 20ml of deuterium plasma in a smaller LENR reactor might have less risk..

• I do not think that McKubre would ever advise funders to proceed on the basis of a DPS (dog and pony show).

The cliche DPS was worn out before you kept repeating it. The demo is expected to show the E-Cat QX does produce 20 Watts of excess heat. If it does that DPS is a very inappropriate description of the show.

No one is expecting Rossi to explain how it works yet and from what he's said he won't until he is ready for mass production. I know the skeptics think they are entitled to full disclosure but they are not.

• How does that work then?

I'm not sure if I understand your question.

But if Rossi claims that a certain voltage is ~0 , he can certainly demonstrate it.

And I'm sure you can figure out better than me whether Rossi is providing an adequate measurement of input power.

My electrical engineering is rusty, but I don't think the Rossi/Gullstrom paper had a proper setup. It only worked on the assumption that V=0 across the reactor. Do you disagree?

• The cliche DPS was worn out before you kept repeating it. The demo is expected to show the E-Cat QX does produce 20 Watts of excess heat. If it does that DPS is a very inappropriate description of the show.

No one is expecting Rossi to explain how it works yet and from what he's said he won't until he is ready for mass production. I know the skeptics think they are entitled to full disclosure but they are not.

It's not a cliche to call the demo a "dog and pony show," for that is surely what it will be:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dog_and_pony_show

"Dog and pony show" is a colloquial term which has come to mean a highly promoted, often over-staged performance, presentation, or event designed to sway or convince opinion for political, or less often, commercial ends. Typically, the term is used in a pejorative sense to connote disdain, jocular lack of appreciation, or distrust of the message being presented or the efforts undertaken to present it.

Rossi's demo will be a DPS because Rossi will either take steps to obscure what is going on, or he will, for added fun, throw in things that are obviously problematic. (Just my guess.) I await further discussion of the DPS when the DPS occurs. :)

• "The demo is expected to show the E-Cat QX produce 20 Watts of excess heat"

Four outcomes

1. Shows 100%sure XSH.

2.Shows 0%sure XSH

3. Somewhere between (1-99 )% sure

4. No show.

All are possibilities.

Outcome 3 is most likely..but the 1-99 % sure option will be towards the lower number IMHO.

If the object of the demo is to encourage investors ,the wise ones will ask for rigorous long term tests of the ECatQX

rather than another show.

• Official Post

This attitude is a result of your unfamiliarity with all the applicable issues involved since you talk more than you listen and think.

Well thanks Axil, remind me to throw you under the bus when the opportunity arises! :) BTW, you avoided answering my question: where in the ERV Report is it said that the Ecat was "hard to control, and they melt down"?

• This was a bad assumption, but Rossi was relieved when calorimetry showed a result (cop) close to what the optical based calculation produced.

I thought the second paper showed 10 times less COP. I suppose it was turned down as to not melt the irrigation quick connector. (Although the resistor seems to have had the same current)

• Well thanks Axil, remind me to throw you under the bus when the opportunity arises! :) BTW, you avoided answering my question: where in the ERV Report is it said that the Ecat was "hard to control, and they melt down"?

Pleased be advised... this gratuitous statement hurt my feelings: "I know you will say something crazy, so do not answer...please. :)

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.