Rossi-Blog Comment Discussion

• interesting!

Most accounts state that he was poor. An example:

https://www.forbes.com/forbes/…223/258.html#f89843d66e6e

I am fairly certain that he was given a state paid funeral as well, but I would need to look that up to confirm.

Anyway, it is an interesting point! The "web" is full of articles and "full of error"! I have no real knowledge of what his worth was at death and appreciate a different version.

It goes to show how hard it is becoming to find truth on the web! :thumbup:

• I understand that those accusations were not adjudicated in a court of law and therefore unfounded.

These are not accusations. Rossi and his pretend employee admitted all of this is true in the depositions.

You have not read the depositions or the Penon report, so you wouldn't know any of this. I suggest you refrain from discussing things you know nothing about. Your add nothing to the discussion but confusion and error.

• I'm sure you do. However, you would be wrong.

Alan

I guess we’ll see Alan, but I suspect that if you are not given a script, your questions,

if not to Rossi’s liking, will simply not be answered

Alan,

This appears to be a SOP classic Rossi demo

Completely control the set up, the test, the data, it’s interpretation and the audience. No media that will ask questions he does not want to answer.

The “Invitee” list, their vested interests, credentials, nor the location of the demo are known to anyone outside the Rossi selected coven.

In no way, shape or form can this be considered anything close to science, you must see this Alan.

• And I think that is a tidy summary of a clear motive underpinning your hostility toward the LENR movement. I do appreciate your candor nonetheless.

So let's get this straight here. Since I reanalyzed a set of Cold Fusion data and found a mundane way to explain the results that didn't require LENRs, and since I defended that reanalysis against inaccurate criticisms, and since I work in an area of interest to any tritium-handling facility and sometimes actually do work for those facilities, I am 'hostile' to the LENR 'movement'? I don't think so. While I am 'hostile' (really just annoyed) towards those who misquote me, take my comments out of context, and outright lie about what I say, I have no particular 'hostility' towards those who think there is something worth looking into in the field. However, I usually find those people haven't understood what I have contributed to the field or are just openly 'hostile' to anyone who thinks LENR isn't the solution to all Man's problems. But I usually can't tell which path they are on until I test their response to my points. The liars and conspiracy nuts usually show their colors relatively quickly.

• You are missing a vital word in the first sentence,

Rossi has stated this demo will be only of total heat.

I haven't seen figures for how long the E-Cat QX can run in self sustain mode. That fact that it does for at least part of the time helps the high COP.

I spoke of measuring the voltage across a known resistor and measuring the power into the controller. The resistance of the reactor is not known except that it is very low.

I don't understand your last sentence. I think the answer is that it isn't.

so are you saying it is not a demo of a self sustaining system as first claimed, but just heat,

So he is just claiming that he has a device that heats up when you apply external power to it??

or perhaps something that generates heat when it is started by some external power input.

Not very exciting. Many chemical systems do that and do it for an extended time. I hope the decay rate of the heat is measured.

• Well, if you have a better name for the DPS, which accurately conveys that it is a dog and pony show, I will be grateful to hear your suggestion.

As you have no ability to see the future your advance reporting that the demo will be a farce simply reflects your negative opinion of Rossi. I prefer to wait for actual facts and not make stuff up.

• Hi Adrian,

Is your suggestion that we not take into account what we have learned from the past six years and await the possibility that what will be seen at the demo will be a rigorous test, carried out by clear-headed scientists, and not controlled by Rossi, over a long enough period of time that the results will be conclusive, and that the protocol and results will be made available to anyone who wishes to double-check the conclusion of the qualified scientists, and that after such a review of the (putative) test, the results will stand up to scruitiny?

Ok, I'll allow that that might happen. :) But if I were betting money, I would bet that instead it will be a dog and pony show.

• Hi Adrian,

Is your suggestion that we not take into account what we have learned from the past six years and await the possibility that what will be seen at the demo will be a rigorous test, carried out by clear-headed scientists, and not controlled by Rossi, over a long enough period of time that the results will be conclusive, and that the protocol and results will be made available to anyone who wishes to double-check the conclusion of the qualified scientists, and that after such a review of the (putative) test, the results will stand up to scruitiny?

Ok, I'll allow that that might happen. :) But if I were betting money, I would bet that instead it will be a dog and pony show.

You ran for Parkhomenko with his poster in Padua, Italy of ICCF-19, it at it unless not as at Rossi?

whether it is a standard Rossi game, which does nothing then presenting pseudo science or there is something real to it.

... it will be delayed anyway ( "in the third decade of January" ) :?::?::?:

• so are you saying it is not a demo of a self sustaining system as first claimed, but just heat,

So he is just claiming that he has a device that heats up when you apply external power to it??

or perhaps something that generates heat when it is started by some external power input.

Not very exciting. Many chemical systems do that and do it for an extended time. I hope the decay rate of the heat is measured.

No, I didn't say that. You're getting Bob's disease of putting words in another's mouth.

There is little information available about the E-Cat QX at present. We have been told it produces heat, light and electricity, but for the present it will be surrounded by a jacket and the light & electricity will be converted to heat.

I haven't seen that it can run in self sustain mode for long periods continuously. Where did you see that?

To say it is not different from a chemical system when it produces excess heat of 20 Watts for a year is just silly.

• No, I didn't say that. You're getting Bob's disease of putting words in another's mouth.

You're incorrect that I put words in your mouth. I asked for clarification. Your complaint about it being called a dog and pony show suggested that you thought it might not be one. In which case it would be rigorous. In which case all of the things I said would apply.

There is little information available about the E-Cat QX at present.

We have lots of information about the inventor and his MO.

I haven't seen that it can run in self sustain mode for long periods continuously. Where did you see that?

I made no reference to "self sustain mode." Perhaps you're confusing me with someone else.

To say it is not different from a chemical system when it produces excess heat of 20 Watts for a year is just silly.

Again, you confuse me with someone else.

• Code
    You ran for Parkhomenko with his poster in Padua, Italy of ICCF-19, it at it unless not as at Rossi?I apologize 19, I was mistaken, excuse. But you on 20 in Sendai were!

Images

Нефть - это кровь планеты, надо сделать модель планеты и мы получим генератор Тарасенко, эта энергия покорит вселенную! :lenr:

I see it as a demonstration of something that might be science and might be nonsense. No more, no less. It's a blind date with a flighty woman.

Except that this "woman" has a long record and you know very well what it is. Or you have not examined the depositions at Rossi vs IH and the long trail of evidence about Rossi's previous activities which has been dug up and elaborated by many people. Far as I know neither Rossi nor Lewan has ever demonstrated anything that would pass as "science". It is wildly optimistic and extremely unrealistic to believe that they will start now!

• @Adrian Ashfield

We have been told it produces heat, light and electricity, but for the present it will be surrounded by a jacket and the light & electricity will be converted to heat.

A jacket? How convenient. Or maybe it will be an overcoat? Galoshes?

Objection, Your Honor. Assumes facts not in evidence. Not even remotely in evidence. Nor have we established that the source ever tells the truth (Rossi, not Adrian). So yes, what you quote would be silly. However nobody said it. I believe that is called the straw man logical fallacy.

• Unfortunately, I do live in the real world, which can certainly be depressing at times.

I made no assertions that "the powers that be" or the big oil guys killed Eugene Mallove. To the contrary, I only observed that it appeared to be a crime of passion. Seems like we had a criminal / homicide investigator on the forum at one point, although can't remember his handle. I'm sure he/she could explain to you the difference in crime scene evidence between a typical homicide and one that has the hallmarks of a crime of passion.

• Я не был в ICCF-20. Я не уверен в результатах Пархомова. У меня создается впечатление, что они не полностью подтверждены.

Вы вряд ли согласитесь на репликацию работы Росси, если она не была отрицательной. Вы даже делаете отрицательные результаты будущих экспериментов.

• So let's get this straight here. Since I reanalyzed a set of Cold Fusion data and found a mundane way to explain the results that didn't require LENRs, and since I defended that reanalysis against inaccurate criticisms, and since I work in an area of interest to any tritium-handling facility and sometimes actually do work for those facilities, I am 'hostile' to the LENR 'movement'?

"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it!"

~Upton Sinclair

This quote can be logically extended to: "his salary or that of his friends"

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.