Rossi-Blog Comment Discussion

• @Adrian Ashfield, I have made no assertions about negative results. What I have done is to call a DPS a DPS (a dog and pony show). There could be real tech underneath the DPS. I wouldn't know, because it can't be verified. I am doubtful, but I not like to say that things are impossible.

(My reply was in Russian because Gennadiy's original comment was in Russian.)

• Ahh, but you did not wait, did you? First you throw up some of the endless FUD assigned for the anti-Rossi-demo campaign. Full of "will be" etc ... Isn't that strange?

• "It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it!"

~Upton Sinclair

This quote can be logically extended to: "his salary or that of his friends"

True wisdom, you hit the mark precisely. This is the primary motivation of most of the naysayers that populate this forum.

• "It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it!"

~Upton Sinclair

This quote can be logically extended to: "his salary or that of his friends"

So you think I don't understand something? What might that be?

BTW, my salary in no way depends on any of this nonsense. Please check my publication record to see the kinds of things it actually does depend on (by doing well).

• "Dog and pony show" is a colloquial term which has come to mean a highly promoted, often over-staged performance, presentation, or event designed to sway or convince opinion for political, or less often, commercial ends. Typically, the term is used in a pejorative sense to connote disdain, jocular lack of appreciation, or distrust of the message being presented or the efforts undertaken to present it

I believe it is also a meme that is agreed upon to be used frequently to describe what Rossi does by the FUD-team. A quick search gives MY as originator in this thread, then reused eagerly by Bob, Shane D and Eric. Standard troll procedure.

• rue wisdom, you hit the mark precisely. This is the primary motivation of most of the naysayers that populate this forum.

Yes, it does rather look that way. Ever since the failed replication of F & P by Cal Tech and MIT. I read that they held a party to celebrate the negative result even before the results were known. And it goes on right up to resent times. Think what will happen to many hot fusion scientists if LENR is proven.

• So you think I don't understand something? What might that be?

BTW, my salary in no way depends on any of this nonsense. Please check my publication record to see the kinds of things it actually does depend on (by doing well).

It is in the interests of the plasma fusion community not to understand LENR. Indeed, it is in their interests to do everything in their power to undermine it, thwart it before Congress, and fudge experimental results, all of which have apparently been done already, as was well documented by none other than Eugene Mallove.

• Ahh, but you did not wait [further discussion of the DPS when the DPS occurs], did you? First you throw up some of the endless FUD assigned for the anti-Rossi-demo campaign. Full of "will be" etc ... Isn't that strange?

That is incorrect. When the dog and pony show happens, I will be happy to discuss it at that time, in addition to now.

As to your allegation of FUD, let's approach this systematically. You can mention individual items of FUD that I have claimed (this should be easy, given your allegation of endless amounts). And then we can go through each item one by one, and I will explain why the thing that I said is not FUD, but instead is accurate or reasonable. Or, if the statement is not accurate or reasonable, I will retract it.

• Official Post

Speaking of FUD, the estimable Ruby Carat brought this very good and short (23 minute) BBC program on the topic of replicating experiments to my attention.

"90% of the time, we were unable to re-produce work in published journals" (says an AMGEN whistleblower/scientist), and, those who came up with the results, were not even able to reproduce their OWN work! The reporters of this fact were threatened with hate mail, intimidation, etc.....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/w3csvsy8

"Just because it's published in a top-tier journal ...... - don't believe it"

• At a "Dog and Pony Show", the animals on display are prettied up, and will generally look much different than they might when not polished up for show.

Apologies to Parkhomov and his niece, for trotting this out again. They are not part of the Dog and Pony I intend in the examples below.

I simply mean to indicate the data presentation.

• It is in the interests of the plasma fusion community not to understand LENR. Indeed, it is in their interests to do everything in their power to undermine it, thwart it before Congress, and fudge experimental results, all of which have apparently been done already, as was well documented by none other than Eugene Mallove.

Conspiracy nut garbage. I've already posted in this forum my analysis of the data that led Mallove to resign from MIT. He was way off base in his interpretation of what was going on. He saw conspiracy in standard scientific practice.

And *one* occasion of doing work for ITER (and *one* other occasion of doing some work for HAPL) does not a career make. I don't work for the plasma fusion community, I work for the national defense community, and my concerns are for my safety and that of my colleagues, not whether any given project is funded or not.

And finally, what if what I say *was* 'bought-and-paid-for'. Wouldn't it still be wrong if it was wrong, and right if it was right? I think so! No one has *actually* shown anything I wrote regarding F&P CF to be wrong (lots of *claims* to have done so though), and lots of people think it's right. So the whole 'conspiracy to silence LENR'-thing just doesn't hold water. You just make yourself look silly by promoting it.

• That is incorrect. When the dog and pony show happens, I will be happy to discuss it at that time, in addition to now.

As to your allegation of FUD, let's approach this systematically. You can mention individual items of FUD that I have claimed (this should be easy, given your allegation of endless amounts). And then we can go through each item one by one, and I will explain why the thing that I said is not FUD, but instead is accurate or reasonable. Or, if the statement is not accurate or reasonable, I will retract it.

That's close to 3000 posts... Sorry, I do not have "endless" time... and I do not think it is needed. The eventual readers already got my point. And I have no doubt you will continue your work as long as whoever find it worthwhile. I kind of find the "DPS" anchoring interesting though. And the way you promote it as The Meme describing the upcoming demo.

• Sounds like FUD to me. What creek is Rossi supposed to be without a paddle? As far as I know, no LENR theory has yet been accepted and there are plenty of them. Your theory that it is simply not possible is popular and probably wrong too.

"...with a fluorescent bulb, you will find that the ratio of applied voltage to resulting current decreases with increasing applied voltage. Couple that with a device that produces electricity and I suspect the answer is complicated. When I said the resistance was not known I meant not published, I assume Rossi has a pretty good idea what it is.

I anticipate this is one of the areas you and your anti-Rossi friends will write dozens of pages of speculating on the various ways Rossi MUST be wrong. As you know nothing about it. it should be easy to make stuff up.

As I said, in not one but two research papers with experimental write-ups added, he explains what he measures, and it is not the reactor input power. Now, maybe what he really measured is different from what those papers say. But he got criticised in the first one, and repeated it in the second.

When your latest best device's only experimental test write-ups do not measure input power (but measure something else and claim it is input power) you have the creek/paddle scenario.

Maybe the upcoming test will correct this? As somone with a respect for history, I'd expect not. We will see.

• Conspiracy nut garbage. I've already posted in this forum my analysis of the data that led Mallove to resign from MIT. He was way off base in his interpretation of what was going on. He saw conspiracy in standard scientific practice.

And *one* occasion of doing work for ITER (and *one* other occasion of doing some work for HAPL) does not a career make. I don't work for the plasma fusion community, I work for the national defense community, and my concerns are for my safety and that of my colleagues, not whether any given project is funded or not.

And finally, what if what I say *was* 'bought-and-paid-for'. Wouldn't it still be wrong if it was wrong, and right if it was right? I think so! No one has *actually* shown anything I wrote regarding F&P CF to be wrong (lots of *claims* to have done so though), and lots of people think it's right. So the whole 'conspiracy to silence LENR'-thing just doesn't hold water. You just make yourself look silly by promoting it.

So the plasma fusion community did not try to thwart funding for LENR by persuading Congress not to divert funding toward it? And they didn't make the rounds on television news programs attacking the LENR community and its researchers? You deny that these things ever happened?

You might take issue with Eugene Mallove's interpretation of the actions of some scientists at MIT, and perhaps there is some wiggle room there (although I've read his excruciatingly detailed reporting on it and am persuaded), but kind of hard to dismiss the tenacious vitriol and actions that came from the plasma fusion community with respect to cold fusion and its researchers.

They vowed to ruin the careers of anyone who even considered running an experiment and reporting on it. And they carried through with their threats. We won't forget no matter how much the likes of you would rather sweep history under the rug. And if/when LENR has "The Saint" moment, we will hold it over the head of every cold fusion obstructionist. We are many. I'll say it again: we don't forget.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.