Rossi-Blog Comment Discussion

• f it had a tungsten sheath you couldn't see the light. Anyway, tungsten has oxidation problems of its own.

That is why I thought it was a window in it. You said it was just a shield so my guess was wrong.

Obviously the actual shell of the reactor must be an insulator. Whatever Rossi is doing sounds like it is at the limit of known technology. I wonder what "completely new" material he has come up with. Much as I would like to know I doubt this sort of detail will be revealed at the demo.

• I'm an ol' ecatnews connoisseur, and I must say, there were hordes of Rossi haters there who have since apparently retreated into relative silence.

fanboy,

Not even you believe that.

Anyone who tries to post anything detrimental to Rossi/Ecat is censored.

If I have something critical to post, It must be here, because it will not be tolerated

on Ecat News.

• There is a problem with Boron Nitride. From the spec sheet:- BN is stable in inert and reducing atmospheres up to 2000°C, and in oxidizing atmospheres to 850°C. Observers suggest that the outer surface of the Quark-X tube is exposed. No oxidation protection.

The oxidation behavior of three types of boron nitrides--hot pressed, high

density CVD and low density CVD--has been examined. The hot pressed

material has randomly oriented grains and exhibits a clear orientation

dependence, with the faces normal to the c axis oxidizing slowest. Two regions

of linear kinetics are observed. The high density CVD BN is a dense material

with a high degree of crystallinity and orientation along the c axis normal to the

plate face. It oxidizes slowly, according to a parabolic rate law. The ~20 ppm of

water vapor present in the gas stream created volatile HxByOz(g) species

simultaneous with the oxidation process and led to paralinear behavior. Lower

density CVD BN showed rapid linear growth rates--very likely due to the lower

crystallinity and lower density of this material.

A tantalum exterior container will protect the boron nitride from surface oxidationtantalum is a material commonly used for heat exchange is a corrosive environment.

The Melting points of BN and tantalum are well matched

Melting point 3290 K (3017 °C, 5463 °F)

Argon can be used as an inert interface layer between the BN and the tantalum.

"Observers suggest that the outer surface of the Quark-X tube is exposed. No oxidation protection."

The unshielded Quark-X tube could be used as a research only configuration.

• Roseland67: IH and I are talking about ecatnews, not e-catworld. The former is a defunct website that started out as one of at least 17 sites fawning over Rossi in 2011 that strongly discouraged any negativity. Eventually, the proprietor of that site saw the light with respect to Rossi and it became a place for skeptics to ridicule Rossi believers and only the most rabid ones still spent time there tilting at windmills. Eventually, the proprietor was too disgusted by the time and energy wasted on this ridiculous subject and shut the site down. E-catworld also started as one of the 17 sites fawning over Rossi and has never changed its tune.

• There is a dozen different methods to use LENR for a commercial product. Over the years Rossi has been jumping from one method to the next to find the ideal solution to the LENR reactor configuration. Each solution that Rossi has come up with has had its own unique issues that worked against its application to a commercial product. In each case, Rossi had to develop the produce fairly much to the end to check for it usability in the marketplace.

Now Rossi believes that he has the right configuration for a commercial product. In other works Rossi has to develop a half dozen products and check each for its efficacy in the marketplace. Now Rossi believes that this Quark solution will make the perfect LENR reactor product.

This product development cycle illustrates the difficulty in producing a product from an unknown and new physical principle for the market. Such development is very difficult. Other LENR product developers should take a clue from Rossi's product development experience and use the Quark configuration for there product concepts.

• behavior of three types of boron nitride

When I was reading up on boron nitride I was amused to see it was a common ingredient in ladies makeup & even toothpaste. Never knew that before.

Tantalum might do well for a sheath with a melting point of 13017 C. but is fairly rare & expensive.

• Eric, your comments on the long-term educational effect are correct. In fact, what distinguishes one cycle from the next is the number of supporters and, in related fashion, the number of the most pious. Clearly, the former has been dropping steadily over the years. Whether the latter is a stable number or is somewhere on an asymptotic curve remains to be seen. I do believe that there is a core group that will take faith in the e-cat to their graves regardless of real-world events.

Remember the product development cycle that T. Edison had to go through to design the incandescent light bulb. 10,000 trial and error experiments befor Edison found the proper light bulb configuration. Then additional development by tesla and others in competition until a usable product evolved.

The core group understands how product development goes and has the patience and the knowledge to understand the trials and tribulations of the product development process.

• I know. That is why I suggested it had a (tungsten?) sheath to keep the air away. Possibly it was sapphire to start with and that was what failed. The bottom line is I don't know what the material is. There are not many options for 2700 C.

Tungsten oxidizes in air so much so that it is not usable in heat exchanger high temperature applications.

• Axil: “There is a dozen different methods to use LENR for a commercial product. Over the years Rossi has been jumping from one method to the next to find the ideal solution to the LENR reactor configuration. Each solution that Rossi has come up with has had its own unique issues that worked against its application to a commercial product. In each case, Rossi had to develop the produce fairly much to the end to check for it usability in the marketplace.”

You would have to cover half the state of Montana to find that much bullshit again.

• The light generated by the quark is not blackbody.

New research into polariton condensates has revealed a side emission channel that produces light whose frequency is proportional to the density of the polariton aggregation...the dense polariton condinsate produces a higher frequency light (blue) and a less dense condinsate will produce red light. Rossi must have a way to control the density of the polariton population.

The color of the light generated by the condinsate is controled by the level of "pumping" that determings the density of the condinsate.

See

https://phys.org/news/2016-06-…einstein-condensates.html

They tackled this problem by highly exciting exciton-polaritons, which are particle-like excitations in a semiconductor systems and formed by strong coupling between electron-hole pairs and photons. They observed high-energy side-peak emission that cannot be explained by two mechanisms known to date: Bose-Einstein condensation of exciton-polaritons, nor conventional semiconductor lasing driven by the optical gain from unbound electron hole plasma.

The details on this side channel are here

https://www.nature.com/articles/srep25655

High-energy side-peak emission of exciton-polariton condensates in high density regime

• Axil: “There is a dozen different methods to use LENR for a commercial product. Over the years Rossi has been jumping from one method to the next to find the ideal solution to the LENR reactor configuration. Each solution that Rossi has come up with has had its own unique issues that worked against its application to a commercial product. In each case, Rossi had to develop the produce fairly much to the end to check for it usability in the marketplace.”

You would have to cover half the state of Montana to find that much bullshit again.

I can understand Rossi's demeanor during the product development process. Each time with each product he though he has the perfect solution and acted accordingly only to be disappointed when he found the fatal flaw. People who follow Rossi must understand how product development goes and understand that no product is real until it is on the shelves at the store.

• Rossi has learned from his past mistakes and has instituted a regime of testing to insure his product is reliable.

People who develop products make mistakes and take wrong turns. This does not mean that product developers are con men.

If I have something critical to post, It must be here, because it will not be tolerated

on Ecat News.

You must mean e-catworld.com. There once was a forum called ecatnews.com which was provided by a professional author and artist with the pseudonym "Paul Story". At first (2011, maybe 2012) Paul believed Rossi and censored the forum heavily against anti-Rossi posts even going so far as to ban posters like me altogether. At some point, the overwhelming evidence that Rossi was a con man and that the ecat was a typical free energy con convinced Story and he opened up the forum to both believers and critics though I had to invent a new identity (Al Potanza) because he never bothered to lift the ban on "maryyugo." I forget what prompted it, maybe the lawsuit, but a year or so (or more) ago, Paul decided to no longer exert the effort needed to keep the board open. For a while, it was closed to new posts but stayed up but now it has been entirely deleted.

The internet archive "Way Back Machine" reports:

Saved 169 times between June 27, 2011 and October 22, 2017.

ecatnews.com

So you can still access the posts. Recent archives are essentially "site not found" or similar. Earlier copies seem to work.

=============== blast from the past!

Quote: At the moment there are no other third party testing on Hyperion Products other than the ones in progress by the Greek Authorities. [my emphasis]

Can you tell us what you mean by “the Greek Authorities”?

Is this a reference to CE approval testing? If so are you able to tell us which CE standards Hyperion products are being tested against?

Re: CE Certification

Defkalion GT
    Unread postPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:28 pm
    Out of the CE standards, Hyperion products (kW or MW range) have to pass all tests described the the Greek and EU lows according to their industrial code classification.
    The Authorities responsible to test and certify are
    -The Ministry of Regional Development and Industry
    -The Ministry of Environment and Energy
    through their appointed by low labs.

If you can read greek, we can send to you all relevant legislation for your info.

Thank you for your question

Of course, no such submission ever took place and the above was a typical Defkalion outright and blatant lie. It even went so far that a Greek Parliament member CHECKED PERSONALLY with the various testing and licensing agencies and of course, they had no requests or paperwork from Defkalion and in fact, it was reported in Greek newspapers, they had never even heard of the company.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.