Rossi-Blog Comment Discussion

• “The safety gambit”. Give me a break. How about the “is this a real thing? gambit.”

Unless your idea of marketing LENR is via spam emails from mysterious oveseas vendors, who the hell is going to buy energy-generating products that are not proven to work? The answer is suckers. Then again, there ARE plenty of them. The same folks who buy magic pills for their gas tanks and perpetual motor kits. Do you buy those things, Axil? Yeah, you probably do.

I use my transporter myself. That one hurt, didn't it?

• OK I think I understand where you're coming from now.

But in your world, we're just powering the rest of the system. And we're not sending any energy to the reactor (since R=0).

How do we even turn on the reactor if no energy ever goes to it? Why is it even in the circuit?

I appreciate you seeing my point, but I must disagree that it is "my world." This is Rossi's world and I'm just peering into it and making sense of it for you.

The wire analogy is simply one way to think of the circuit given Rossi's statement that the reactor has an effective internal resistance of zero. Would it be better for us if Rossi measured the voltage across the reactor and the resistor, and included values for the resistance of the reactor as well as the resistor itself? Yes. Did he do that for us? No. Why? He explained why.

• Ok. So which is it, Axil? Do the various species of cat have insurmountable problems that can only be discovered when they are packed up to be shipped to a customer? Or are the evil certificator snakes sitting on the cats refusing to certificate them? Or is it both? Or do you even listen to the nonsense you spew? But do go on. This is wonderful stuff!

• Ok. So which is it, Axil? Do the various species of cat have insurmountable problems that can only be discovered when they are packed up to be shipped to a customer? Or are the evil certificator snakes sitting on the cats refusing to certificate them? Or is it both? Or do you even listen to the nonsense you spew? But do go on. This is wonderful stuff!

“Time has always been the greatest ally to Truth, because Time eventually relieves and reveals all.”

In time his enemies will recede into infamy and Rossi will rise in fame and adulation.

• All things considered, LENR is a real phenomenon as evidence by multiple papers, patents, and corporations having replication attempts being formed around the technology.

I really hope the enshrinement around Rossi could stop or at least be toned down. For the matter, there are better and more qualified people working on LENR from different angles.

My point is not to have Rossi represent the efforts of a whole multitude of people involved in LENR.

• I appreciate you seeing my point, but I must disagree that it is "my world." This is Rossi's world and I'm just peering into it and making sense of it for you.

The wire analogy is simply one way to think of the circuit given Rossi's statement that the reactor has an effective internal resistance of zero. Would it be better for us if Rossi measured the voltage across the reactor and the resistor, and included values for the resistance of the reactor as well as the resistor itself? Yes. Did he do that for us? No. Why? He explained why.

Fair enough.

My intuition is that Rossi's device could have R~0 when operating. Which means that input power ~0 (R*I^2).

However, it must have received some energy at some point. So either R is dependent on temperature (seems likely), or the start up necessitates high Amps.

In any case, Rossi must account for energy for the whole experiment. It's possible that his COP calculation is correct and that R(reactor)=0, but that's just a measure of instant COP.

Who cares what power the resistance in the circuit receives. If what Rossi says is true, the instant COP is actually much higher as the device is receiving ~0 input power.

Perhaps his device is in SSM and the reactor is not receiving any power, but then what's the point of measuring V^2/R on some random resistance. Seems totally off topic.

• All things considered, LENR is a real phenomenon as evidence by multiple papers, patents, and corporations having replication attempts being formed around the technology.

I really hope the enshrinement around Rossi could stop or at least be toned down. For the matter, there are better and more qualified people working on LENR from different angles.

My point is not to have Rossi represent the efforts of a whole multitude of people involved in LENR.

The term "hero" comes from the ancient Greeks. For them, a hero was a mortal who had done something so far beyond the scope of human effort. The hero left an immortal memory behind him when he was no more. The hero was worshiped like the gods. He joined them in their pantheon. The hero is a great benefactor of humankind: Hercules, the monster killer; Asclepius, the first doctor; Dionysus, the creator of Greek fraternities. Heroes were always extraordinary; to be a hero was to expand people's sense of what was possible for a human being.

Today, we still call heroes those whom we admire and wish to emulate. But still the concept retains that original link to possibility. We need heroes first and foremost because our heroes help define the limits of our aspirations. We largely define our ideals by the heroes we choose, and our ideals -- things like courage, honor, and accomplishment -- largely define us. Our heroes are symbols for us of all the qualities we would like to possess and all the ambitions we would like to satisfy. A person can choose Martin Luther King or Susan B. Anthony. Our heros still embrace human excellence. And because the ideals to which we aspire do so much to determine the ways in which we behave, we all have a vested interest in each person having heroes, and in the choice of heroes each of us makes.

LENR needs a hero, someone to be emulated and act a template for excellence, accomplisment and caring. We need Rossi as our hero.

• LENR needs a hero, someone to be emulated and act a template for excellence, accomplisment and caring. We need Rossi as our hero.

I'm afraid that's a non-sequitur, because Rossi has not yet earned that status as you've described. He has yet to; but, his true colors have been shown to the masses via the court proceedings. Maybe it's a case of the end justifies the means with Rossi.

I have hopes that the fixation with Rossi doesn't detract from the science being discussed. Time will tell; but, in the meantime I have higher hopes from other interested participants in the field of LENR.

• Like all the others that you lionize, what have they produced, what have they accomplish, who do the enemies of LENR hate the most, fear the most? How many years will LENR languish in mediocrity? We have our hero now, he can do the job, He is the leader of our tribe, he walks point and takes the hits and brushes them off like specks of dust untouched and unphased. He is best to weather the storms that are yet to come, and surely they will come with a vengeance.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.