Rossi-Blog Comment Discussion

• Like all the others that you lionize, what have they produced, what have they accomplish, who do the enemies of LENR hate the most, fear the most? How many years will LENR languish in mediocrity? We have our hero now, he can do the job, He is the leader of our tribe, he walks point and takes the hits and brushes them off like specks of dust untouched and unphased. He is best to weather the storms that are yet to come, and surely they will come with a vengeance.

• Like all the others that you lionize, what have they produced, what have they accomplish, who do the enemies of LENR hate the most, fear the most? How many years will LENR languish in mediocrity? We have our hero now, he can do the job, He is the leader of our tribe, he walks point and takes the hits and brushes them off like specks of dust untouched and unphased. He is best to weather the storms that are yet to come, and surely they will come with a vengeance.

A overzealous apologetic cult like mentality surely isn't an reductio ad absurdum, especially in this realm of studies?

• A overzealous apologetic cult like mentality surely isn't an reductio ad absurdum, especially in this realm of studies?

LENR is not a study, it is a paradigm that must be born for the benefit and advancement of all humankind. Like any turning point in history, it is political, a movement that will benefit from a cult mentality with a leader like iron at its head. There soon begins a coming battle in the marketplace, in the courtroom, on the internet, where the adversaries are truly fearsome. Rossi has already proven his mettle in the courtroom and was shown to be strong, equal to the fight, a winner when most others of those lesser men would have failed and succumb.

• LENR is not a study, it is a paradigm that must be born for the benefit and advancement of all humankind. Like any turning point in history, it is political, a movement that will benefit from a cult mentality with a leader like iron at its head. There soon begins a coming battle in the marketplace, in the courtroom, on the internet, where the adversaries are truly fearsome. Rossi has already proven his mettle in the courtroom and was shown to be strong, equal to the fight, a winner when most others would have failed and succumb

I rest my case, you really are fanatical about Rossi. I hope you have as much enthusiasm in regards to other people involved in the field. If not, then you're just a loud shill for Rossi.

• I rest my case, you really are fanatical about Rossi. I hope you have as much enthusiasm in regards to other people involved in the field. If not, then you're just a loud shill for Rossi.

Most other followers of LENR still beleive in the fusion myth as must you also. Rossi thinks differently, and correctly, and in this clear sighted belief alone his is most worthy.

• Most other followers of LENR still beleive in the fusion myth as must you also. Rossi thinks differently, and correctly, and in this clear sighted belief alone his is most worthy.

I think, I stated 15 minutes ago that there are other people involved in LENR who are not getting nowhere near the amount of attention Rossi is getting. The fanaticism with Rossi is strong here.

• Rossi knows what he and LENR are up against.

Andrea Rossi
    November 12, 2017 at 7:25 AM

Steven N. Karels:

Our product will have to confront with strong hostility from some center of power, therefore we must be very careful. We are not going to introduce a new kind of trolley…

Warm Regards,

A.R.

Regarding "confront with strong hostility from some center of power"

The world oil industry

The Coal industy

The renewable energy industry

The nuclear industry

Professional science

Govenments

Regulators

Lobbyists

And much of the LENR community itself

and finally trolls and nuts suffering from paranoia, depression, anxiety and a raft of other sundry metal conditions,

• Rossi has the market on his mind.

Andrea Rossi
    November 11, 2017 at 9:58 PM

Daniel G. Zavela:

R&D will never end, but at this point we are ready to go to the next step, that is the industrialization. The experience made during the one year test of the 1 MW plant combined with the evolution up to the E-Cat QX are a very strong background. Attention, I am not saying that the most is done: an enormous work is waiting for us.

Warm Regards,

A.R.

Andrea Rossi
    November 11, 2017 at 8:59 PM

Stephen:

Thank you for your moving support to all of our team.

Now the focus is on the industrialization.

Warm Regards,

A.R.

Andrea Rossi
    November 11, 2017 at 1:10 PM

Frank Acland:

Means that our next efforts will go mainly to the industrialization phase.

Warm Regards,

A.R.

• Axil - how can Rossi have the market in mind without partnering with a manufacturer (curiuos to know, who this is - or do you have an idea?) that has the experience to build and certify a device that is based on some kind of knonw or unknown nuclear processes) AND has a global distribution system. Have you ever worked in an organization, that manufactures, verifies, certifies and sells something with a UL or CE mark? We are not talking about a simple tool from homedepot, but even those require proper certification before you can buy and use it (safely!).

• Axil - how can Rossi have the market in mind without partnering with a manufacturer (curiuos to know, who this is - or do you have an idea?) that has the experience to build and certify a device that is based on some kind of knonw or unknown nuclear processes) AND has a global distribution system. Have you ever worked in an organization, that manufactures, verifies, certifies and sells something with a UL or CE mark? We are not talking about a simple tool from homedepot, but even those require proper certification before you can buy and use it (safely!).

For those with the interest, let them prove that the Quark is unsafe. The safety gambit is the next stratagem for obstruction to replace and supersede the Rossi as scammer and totally bad person gambit.

The Quark will pass the boiler certification tests and that should be enough until science can discover how LENR works. It will take science 20 years to decide that LENR is real. From that point of awakening, the causation discovery might take nigh onto a century and by then LENR will be everywhere.

• For those with the interest, let them prove that the Quark is unsafe. The safety gambit is the next stratagem for obstruction to replace and supersede the Rossi as scammer and totally bad person gambit.

The Quark will pass the boiler certification tests and that should be enough until science can discover how LENR works. It will take science 20 years to decide that LENR is real. From that point of awakening, the causation discovery might take nigh onto a century and by then LENR will be everywhere.

This is not the way certification and approval of products work. To certify something before you can sell you have to provide evidence that the product is safe, and nobody has to prove that is unsafe, if he wants to prove this....

Your statement gives the answer to my question, if you have ever worked in such an inducstrial environment. Doesn't seem so...

• zorud

In the interests of accuracy I should point out that most CE certification is largely self-certification, and often to a surprising degree. You are even free to buy or download and print CE makings without hindrance or official interest. This is based on personal experience sinceI have organised CE marking for quite a number of things over several decades. It may come as a surprise to many that the 'Low Voltage Regulations' for example enable self-certification for any appliance operating at up to (from memory) 1200V. The only part of an E-cat heater system system as described that would not be covered by self-certification is any part pressurised at >0.5Bar.

Obtaining UL certification (where I presume UL is 'Underwriters Laboratory) is in contrast, I have been told, an expensive and highly formalised process

• Alan, thanks for your comment: Anybody or any company who issues their CE conformity for a product to their notified body does this based on their own quality and safety regulation system. In the end but it will be important who is the one that is responsible in case something may happen with the product, or the product caused damage involving humans or environment. It is the one who declared conformity and who is listed on the product label (in this case Andrea Rossi and/or his company?).

The authorities may suspend the market clearance for that product until the reason is clear what caused the problem or damage. Such a decision will of course also include a recall which means shutting down all units that have been sold until then and until the manufacturer has resolved the problem and did provide new evidence of safety. Therefor a CE for such a product will require very careful preparation and intense safety testing.

• Because, if for some reason the impossible Ecat (according to consensus and the LAWS of physics) is working regardless, it should at least be regulated and forbidden for violating these laws :)

I've been wondering why they called them the laws and not the postulates, the assumptions etc. I believe it wasn't random. The predicted time they will need to jail people for violating the law.

• IHFB. This is incorrect in two distinct ways.

(1) This is at best an upper bound on the input power, not, as you said, a good approximation to the input power. It cannot be used to determine COP (if that is what you want to so).

(2) It is not in fact an upper bound on power. It would be this if (as would be very easy to do) Rossi took the supply voltage Vs and the current through the resistor V1/R to get the total supply power: Vs*V1/R. if what you say is true, then the power from this method would be very similar to the power Rossi actually calculated: V1^2/R. If, however, the quark voltage is larger than 0.1V your bound fails whereas this bound remains correct, and does not disclose trade secrets. We have no info from Rossi about how low was the quark voltage - certainly no measurement (for example viewing the PSU voltage - easily done) that would let us estimate it.

What you suggest is in any case not what Rossi said he did in the paper, nor the whiteboard, nor originally in response to further questioning.

It is possible, just as anything is possible. But the stretch here is so large, and the obvious gap (no measurement of the PSU voltage hence no bound on quark-x input power) so relevant that to argue as you do is IMHO improper. You might as well say that COP is a trade secret therefore Rossi will not release it, nor a measured lower bound on it, (allowing it to be 1)!

We have also this rumour above on thjis thread that the PSU voltage was 12 or 24 V. No idea if it is true, but that would be a normal voltage range for a bench PSU and if so your assumption is proven false, instead of anyway being both unlikely, contrary to what Rossi said contemporaneously. and unproven.

• kits built at home changes things if its a path available to everyone.

I disagree - are you really convinced, that a "nuclear driven" device (I can hardly imagine that the QuarkX or whatever the marketing and the product name may convey, will come to market without mentioning the nature of the heat / electricity generation, which is for sure part of the IFU) will be available for do-it-yourself tinkerers who are keen in building their own home-made-kits? Never - from a safety and regulatory perspective. Modifying a device with a specific intended use to a non-specified non-tested and non-released use of course will always be possible but on your own full risk, unless the product or kit is already designed for that purpose. In that case it must cover potential risks resulting in described modifications anyway (forseeable misuse by manufacturer...)

If you burn down your home due to a failed "modified on your own" QuarkX, you are done. No one will cover your costs/damage...not sure if this will help to promote the device.

I am emphasizing this topic, because it seems that not many here are aware of what it requires to qualify such a new groundbreaking technology/device. It is NOT a simple electrical heater anymore, esp. if it as claimed can run for hours, days and months in SSM. BTW - would you buy a device which energy or heat producing internal system is unknown. It cannot be unknown, since it needs a heavy global marketing campaign. How else can somebody sell millions of heaters or ligth/energy generators from his robotized factories?